Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Homeless man injured in Dublin canal clean-up originally from Eritrea

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 14 Feb 2020, 11:49

Thu, Jan 16, 2020, 18:50
Kitty Holland Social Affairs Correspondent

A man who was seriously injured when his tent was lifted by an industrial vehicle as part of a ‘clean-up’ of the Grand Canal in Dublin on Tuesday is originally from Eritrea in east Africa.

Homelessness outreach charity, Inner City Helping Homeless, said it had been engaging with the man for “about six months” on a nightly basis before the incident.

He remains in St Vincent’s Hospital where his condition is described as “serious but stable”.

He was described as “a quiet man and always in good form” by Pádraig Drummond, a volunteer with ICHH since 2015.

“I don’t ask people their private business about how they became homeless. If they want to volunteer that I am happy to listen but our role is to offer help and tell them what services there are,” Mr Drummond said.

“I have not been able to see him though I hear he is still in a very precarious position.”

Gardaí are appealing for witnesses to the incident which occurred between noon and 1pm on Tuesday when tent the man was in was lifted by a vehicle with a mechanical claw being operated on behalf of Waterways Ireland.

In a statement, gardaí said: “A male in his 30s received serious injuries in this incident and is currently in St Vincent’s Hospital where he is receiving treatment.

“Gardaí are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed this incident or any road users who may have camera footage to contact gardaí at Pearse Street on 01 666 9000, the Garda confidential line on 1800 666 111 or any Garda station.”

Waterways Ireland, which manages the canal, was removing up to 10 tents in the area at the time. An outreach worker from the Dublin Region Homeless Executive (DRHE) was present to assist people sleeping rough on how to access alternative accommodation.

Sources say the occupied tent was not opened but was “checked verbally” and there was no response from inside. The worker operating the utility vehicle was then given the go-ahead to move it. When it was lifted, however, there was movement in the tent and it was immediately returned to the ground.

The incident is now the subject of a Garda investigation, an investigation by the Health and Safety Authority (HSA), as it was a workplace incident, and separate reviews by Waterways Ireland and the DRHE.

While the DRHE provides homeless services across the four Dublin local authority areas, a spokeswoman said it had no remit to decide to clear tents or items from the canals. This was a matter solely for Waterways Ireland, she added.

In its statement Waterways Ireland said it had been working “in co-operation with the DRHE to remove tents along the canals in Dublin where they have become a public safety hazard”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social- ... -1.4142180

The endless misery of Eritreans.

kerenite

Re: Homeless man injured in Dublin canal clean-up originally from Eritrea

Post by kerenite » 14 Feb 2020, 12:59

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 11:49

A man who was seriously injured when his tent was lifted by an industrial vehicle as part of a ‘clean-up’ of the Grand Canal in Dublin on Tuesday is originally from Eritrea in east Africa.

Homelessness outreach charity, Inner City Helping Homeless, said it had been engaging with the man for “about six months” on a nightly basis before the incident.

He remains in St Vincent’s Hospital where his condition is described as “serious but stable”.

He was described as “a quiet man and always in good form” by Pádraig Drummond, a volunteer with ICHH since 2015.

“I don’t ask people their private business about how they became homeless. If they want to volunteer that I am happy to listen but our role is to offer help and tell them what services there are,” Mr Drummond said.

“I have not been able to see him though I hear he is still in a very precarious position.”

Gardaí are appealing for witnesses to the incident which occurred between noon and 1pm on Tuesday when tent the man was in was lifted by a vehicle with a mechanical claw being operated on behalf of Waterways Ireland.

In a statement, gardaí said: “A male in his 30s received serious injuries in this incident and is currently in St Vincent’s Hospital where he is receiving treatment.

“Gardaí are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed this incident or any road users who may have camera footage to contact gardaí at Pearse Street on 01 666 9000, the Garda confidential line on 1800 666 111 or any Garda station.”

Waterways Ireland, which manages the canal, was removing up to 10 tents in the area at the time. An outreach worker from the Dublin Region Homeless Executive (DRHE) was present to assist people sleeping rough on how to access alternative accommodation.

Sources say the occupied tent was not opened but was “checked verbally” and there was no response from inside. The worker operating the utility vehicle was then given the go-ahead to move it. When it was lifted, however, there was movement in the tent and it was immediately returned to the ground.

The incident is now the subject of a Garda investigation, an investigation by the Health and Safety Authority (HSA), as it was a workplace incident, and separate reviews by Waterways Ireland and the DRHE.

While the DRHE provides homeless services across the four Dublin local authority areas, a spokeswoman said it had no remit to decide to clear tents or items from the canals. This was a matter solely for Waterways Ireland, she added.

In its statement Waterways Ireland said it had been working “in co-operation with the DRHE to remove tents along the canals in Dublin where they have become a public safety hazard”

2 different responses here:

1. The zombies or the worshippers of the despot will tell you that he ain't an eritrean, no way, he can't be rather he is an agame or non-agame ethio masquerading as an eri.

2. The justice seekers eris who oppose the mafia junta will ask you and rightfully if this is single spontaneous incident should be considered as breaking news and subsequently a thread is required to create for it albeit it is subtle. As a result one would be tempted to ask what is happening in the last 2 days to the smart lady (abyssinianLady)

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 14 Feb 2020, 15:55

kerenite wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 12:59

1. The zombies or the worshippers of the despot will tell you that he ain't an eritrean, no way, he can't be rather he is an agame or non-agame ethio masquerading as an eri.
They are lonely infertile paid cadres in their 60s and 70s whose only purpose here is to spread absurd and baseless propaganda against concerned Eritreans, They don't care about Eritrea and Eritreans.

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 14 Feb 2020, 16:09

Hyena consuming ugly abby lady,

Congra, you found one homeless Eritrean. :lol: :lol: Stupid Somali, your intent stinks. Eritreans own you stupid brain. :P

Cigar

Post by Cigar » 14 Feb 2020, 16:10

How ever he went abroad, his wellbeing is his responsibility.
Why the f**k are you nut cases trying to make his death is because of pfdj?
Well, had he sat his a'ss in Eritrea (if he is Eritrean) he would be alive.
After all dead people are no more of any use.
I don't know whether he was a supporter or opposer of PFDJ, but death abroad didn't start with Eritreans and will not end with Eritreans.
You agames are special kind of stupid.
Are we to believe that agames or any other nationals are immune of death, once they left tigray or their countries?
Well if he was a pfdj supporter, I say R.I.P.
If he was an opposer, I say good riddance.
Oops he is still alive I think
So, again if he is anti pfdj, I hope he won't make it and if he is one of us, I hope he makes it.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 14 Feb 2020, 16:18

These 2 beggars, have finally found each other: :lol:

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 15:55
kerenite wrote:

They are lonely infertile paid cadres in their 60s and 70s whose only purpose here is to spread absurd and baseless propaganda against concerned Eritreans, They don't care about Eritrea and Eritreans.

Follower

Post by Follower » 14 Feb 2020, 17:10

kerenite wrote:
AbyssiniaLady wrote:

2. The justice seekers eris who oppose the mafia junta will ask you and rightfully if this is single spontaneous incident should be considered as breaking news and subsequently a thread is required to create for it albeit it is subtle. As a result one would be tempted to ask what is happening in the last 2 days to the smart lady (abyssinianLady)
And what is your response agame boy?

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 14 Feb 2020, 17:29

Aurorae wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 16:09
Hyena consuming ugly abby lady,

Congra, you found one homeless Eritrean. :lol: :lol: Stupid Somali, your intent stinks. Eritreans own you stupid brain. :P

Check out your target before you shoot!

She's not Somali at all, boy! No Somali would rejoice at the misfortune of a human-being, leave alone an Eritrean!

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 14 Feb 2020, 18:15

OromiyaHagere/06 wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 17:37
What is a Somali doing here. You have your own forum just like you have your own country.

What you do not know is that I used to even be a moderator on this forum, while you don't even survive ONE day on this forum before they kick your dirty arse out and ban you!

You're lucky that I know a number of civilised Oromo on this forum and that I don't want to hurt them; otherwise it only takes me a go to destroy arseholes like you!

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 14 Feb 2020, 19:38

AbyssiniaLady wrote:

Sister AbyssiniaLady,

This is just "The pot calling the kettle black"..I don't think you have the moral ground to feel good about what happened to this brother...No body can deny the fact that my Eri-people have gone through though times in the last 20 years for many reasons....I don't think any Ethiopians with conscience can deny the people of Ethiopia have also gone through tough time either.....I know agames are ok with the misery of their own people as long as they hear any bad news about any Eritrean individual....

You remind me my brother Deqi when he said " If you promise agames that Eritrea will disappear from the face of the earth in ten years, agames don't have problem with the disappearance of Ethiopia today" Sad but it is true :oops: :mrgreen: :twisted:

Anyway, I don't think one is better than the other when it comes to our living standard and the misery of the people of in our region ...Having said that I wish this brother quick recovery and health regardless of his ethnicity or origin..

Dedebit is always dedeb
R.I.P Abay Tigray and TPLF

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 14 Feb 2020, 20:39

If you call it that misery... I don’t know what we gonna call this....??

Assasinialady,

Do you know why the lybian ISIS who hold your brothers by their necks like a chicken have never messed with Eritreans? Because we are the Askaris who subdued them long time a go. We invade and put a tattoos on their worn faces. It is facts...

There is the second round ... nah!! This video enough...

I will get Ethiopians in Yemen. Only Ethiopians go to Yemen.
Last edited by Fed_Up on 14 Feb 2020, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 14 Feb 2020, 21:41

Fed_Up wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 20:39
I will get Ethiopians in Yemen. Only Ethiopians go to Yemen.
Why go to Yemen when you can come get some here..

Cigar

Post by Cigar » 14 Feb 2020, 21:51

Fed_Up thank you brother for pointing out that our two countries miseries abroad are similar.
These mother f**Kers want to play politics with unfortunate people is why it makes my blood boil and respond accordingly with hate towards these same people who point their fingers at Eritrea so much so, just to not make them feel good, I openly say good ridance to my fellow Eritreans who fled our country and in a process smear our govt and country name for personal gain and even die.
Yes the death of any person is tragic, but if it is used for politics then, I refuse to feel sorry for any Eritrean who dies while tarnishing our name and give satisfaction to our enemies so that they can use my sympathy against our country.
I bet the video you posted will be a teaching moment to these cowards.
It is just freaking mind boggling that they believe any kind of tragedy is the fault of our govt.
If that is so, do they also blame their govt for the throats slashed ethiopians in the video?
I know these cowards are agames who are trading with the name of both countries, and the ethiopians need to call them up so that we refrain from mentioning Ethiopia in such tragedies.

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 14 Feb 2020, 21:56

Only in Ethiopia who show off Chinese donated pathetic African Union bugged building as theirs just like showing off the European erected dîck like Axum obelisks like their own creativity by this backward, grass hut dwellers agamewoch ... eway wurdet.

No shame at all... :oops: :oops:

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 14 Feb 2020, 21:56

https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... n-refugees

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25222336
Cigar wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 21:51
I openly say good ridance to my fellow Eritreans who fled our country
Amazing..

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 14 Feb 2020, 21:59

Fed_Up wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 21:56
Only in Ethiopia who show off Chinese donated pathetic African Union bugged building as theirs just like showing off the European erected dîck like Axum obelisks like their own creativity by this backward, grass hut dwellers agamewoch ... eway wurdet.

:lol: :lol: There is not a single erect building worth calling a building that wasn't donated to you by your Italian Massa. Ofcourse you can't even show those off because they are rotting away as we speak.

But oh look I found one more guy you can come get..

pastlast

Post by pastlast » 14 Feb 2020, 22:03

Cigar spews such evil intent on others. He fled Eritrea and did not serve Eritrea at the most critical of time and he was in his 20s instead he chose to use Ethiopia through football (soccer) supposedly and escape to the Ukraine. He worked as a towel boy in the Ethiopian National Football team lockerroom where he used an Eritreans soccer passport to escape, that Eritrean unfortunately was under threat of being arrested by the Dergue with no Passport had to flee to the EPLF where he joined Gedli and was Martyr'd.

Cigar is personally responsible for what happened to that Eritrean Martyr that he had betrayed.
After escaping Eritrea, he went to the Ukraine where under the legit Eritrean soccer player's identity attempted to play soccer, the Ukrainians realised he was a phony and not the Eritrean they witnessed in Ethiopia , he was about to Get Deported back to Ethiopia. He fled the Ukraine, and managed to escape to Italy as a refugee and continued his illegal journey until he ended up in the US.

Cigar will pay for his crimes against not only that Eritrean Martyr but all the crimes he has committed including Raping Eritrean children that were supplied to him by PFDJ party members in the embassies and in Eritrea.

Cigar avoids Eritreans publically until he goes to Eritrea where he is paid in Children to rape for his Posts on these forums and the Tweets he does on Twitter...
opmerc wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... n-refugees

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25222336
Cigar wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 21:51
I openly say good ridance to my fellow Eritreans who fled our country
Amazing..

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 14 Feb 2020, 22:47

Donated? They built it for themselves. Do you even understand, the meaning of colonialism?

opmerc wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 21:59
Fed_Up wrote:

:lol: :lol: There is not a single erect building worth calling a building that wasn't donated to you by your Italian Massa. Ofcourse you can't even show those off because they are rotting away as we speak.

But oh look I found one more guy you can come get..

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 14 Feb 2020, 22:54

Zmeselo wrote:
14 Feb 2020, 22:47
Donated? They built it for themselves. Do you even understand, the meaning of colonialism?
I don't actually. I don't know a thing about it. You seem to know a great deal about it though.

And learn to use commas properly. You sound like someone with the hiccups.

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 15 Feb 2020, 15:32

I don't think Fed up understand the meaning of "invade" your forefathers were comfort men and porters not invaders, According to autistic cigar, Italian soldiers regularly raped Eritrean men before leaving them to die in the Libyan desert of thirst and starvation, Ask him, he knows more about the history of Eritrean comfort men than anyone else.