Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Risa

Should Oromo Go to Election or War?

Post by Risa » 01 Feb 2020, 10:57

Like any other areas of life, politics also requires knowledge, wisdom, discipline, strategy, and tactic to achieve intended objectives. There are numbers of Oromo political movements that were aborted because of either lack of knowledge, or lack of wisdom, or lack of discipline, or usage of flawed strategies or faulty tactics.

For example, the Horo Guduru resistance movement led by Abishe Gerba Huruba against the occupying Gojjeme force was aborted and Abishe Gerba was captured and taken as a prisoner of war to Gojjam by soldiers of Nigus Teklehaymanot (Adal Tesema) because of Abishe’s lack of knowledge of the position of his opponents who used reconciliation as a means of deception to capture or kill their enemies. Abishe who ruled Horo Guduru from 1855-1877 was cheated and captured at Dire Kokor and humiliated by Gojjame forces who treated him like an animal by putting him under the yoke and burying him alive. Abishe’s army who bragged about their strength saying “Warri Abishee Garbaa, lafa dhiitee darba” (Abishe’s group can shake the earth) were defeated by Gojjame soldiers because they were over confident, didn’t have enough knowledge about their enemies, and didn’t prepare themselves well. Abishe who failed to listen to the advices of his colleagues like Daga Horo and Debelo Ganna who told him that his enemies were not honest, realized lately that he was fooled and finished his hands’ fingers chewing them in regret. That was why an Oromo woman who visited Abishe Gerba in prison in Gojjam said to his face “Abishee, kan godumake irra, kan gowwumake” (you Abishe, you are not only ugly, but also fool). Now, it is my turn to reach the stage to say to the faces of Oromo political leaders that they are both “ugly and fools”.
More at : https://kichuu.com/should-oromo-go-to-election-or-war/

Bete Gojjam

Re: Should Oromo Go to Election or War?

Post by Bete Gojjam » 01 Feb 2020, 11:02

Get lost ahiya galla kenyan mzfker I’m gojame we should have colonized wollega but we didn’t we r to nice to you galla savage sub!human breeds you savages killed the ancient Gafat ethio semites who used to border us along with the welayta and Shinasha our ancient and now dead neighboring tribes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

kibramlak

Post by kibramlak » 01 Feb 2020, 12:15

Useless human waste. Why dont you go and help your impoverished people. Losers, you never stood by your own feet. It was not long time ago when you were calling them all names and now you are there to offer them your failed advice. It your stupldty, greed and snake nature that sent you back to square zero,, to where you were originally. What lessen do you offer for others? Lesson of losers, backstabers, traitors, banda's, etc.... Human garbage
Risa wrote:
01 Feb 2020, 10:57
Like any other areas of life, politics also requires knowledge, wisdom, discipline, strategy, and tactic to achieve intended objectives. There are numbers of Oromo political movements that were aborted because of either lack of knowledge, or lack of wisdom, or lack of discipline, or usage of flawed strategies or faulty tactics.

For example, the Horo Guduru resistance movement led by Abishe Gerba Huruba against the occupying Gojjeme force was aborted and Abishe Gerba was captured and taken as a prisoner of war to Gojjam by soldiers of Nigus Teklehaymanot (Adal Tesema) because of Abishe’s lack of knowledge of the position of his opponents who used reconciliation as a means of deception to capture or kill their enemies. Abishe who ruled Horo Guduru from 1855-1877 was cheated and captured at Dire Kokor and humiliated by Gojjame forces who treated him like an animal by putting him under the yoke and burying him alive. Abishe’s army who bragged about their strength saying “Warri Abishee Garbaa, lafa dhiitee darba” (Abishe’s group can shake the earth) were defeated by Gojjame soldiers because they were over confident, didn’t have enough knowledge about their enemies, and didn’t prepare themselves well. Abishe who failed to listen to the advices of his colleagues like Daga Horo and Debelo Ganna who told him that his enemies were not honest, realized lately that he was fooled and finished his hands’ fingers chewing them in regret. That was why an Oromo woman who visited Abishe Gerba in prison in Gojjam said to his face “Abishee, kan godumake irra, kan gowwumake” (you Abishe, you are not only ugly, but also fool). Now, it is my turn to reach the stage to say to the faces of Oromo political leaders that they are both “ugly and fools”.
More at : https://kichuu.com/should-oromo-go-to-election-or-war/

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 01 Feb 2020, 12:32

Post by Risa » Today, 10:57

This is the best question regardless of what ethnic Risa belong to.

To oromo making great mistake trusting those buda Amhara for starter ..when Dr.Abiy invited them why did they just come without negotiation... the first negotiation is what to do with citizenship issue .. can they run with USA CITIZENSHIP while in process of denouncing or have dual citizenship until the USA passport returned ... i think this is default and basic question that the oromo forget to ask.. and the buda Amhara used it against them

now the next question should have been who is counting the vote.. if election board counting the vote grantee Dr. ABiy going to win.. it is waste of time and money for other to run.. so what would the opp. second question should have been election vote must be counted at local regional level . oromo will count their own vote.. golden will count their own vote amhara will count their own vote.. simple but very important issue to iron out before seating for next election ...this one is gone case but the oromo and all other opp. must be asking this question ...

even before the vote ቋሚ ቀር ብርቱካን ሙዝ አሳይተናልች እንዴት እንደምታዳላ። እኔ አለች እቺ ጩልሌ ጥገኝነት ጠየቑሁ እንጂ የአሜሪካ ፓስፖርት የለኝም ። ታድያ ጥገኝነት ነው እኮ መጀመሪያ የሚጠየቀው የአሜሪካ ፓስፖርት ለማግኘት ።

dear Rise, when they fail to answer what you rise they go for insult all u have to say is “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Last edited by Ethoash on 01 Feb 2020, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.

Risa

Post by Risa » 01 Feb 2020, 13:32

Ethoash wrote:
01 Feb 2020, 12:32

To oromo making great mistake trusting those buda Amhara for starter ..when Dr.Abiy invited them why did they just come without negotiation... the first negotiation is what to do with citizenship issue .. can they run with USA CITIZENSHIP while in process of denouncing or have dual citizenship until the USA passport returned ... i think this is default and basic question that the oromo forget to ask.. and the buda Amhara used it against them

now the next question should have been who is counting the vote.. if election board counting the vote grantee Dr. ABiy going to win.. it is waste of time and money for other to run.. so what would the opp. second question should have been election vote must be counted at local regional level . oromo will count their own vote.. golden will count their own vote amhara will count their own vote.. simple but very important issue to iron out before seating for next election ...this one is gone case but the oromo and all other opp. must be asking this question ...

even before the vote ቋሚ ቀር ብርቱካን ሙዝ አሳይተናልች እንዴት እንደምታዳላ። እኔ አለች እቺ ጩልሌ ጥገኝነት ጠየቑሁ እንጂ የአሜሪካ ፓስፖርት የለኝም ። ታድያ ጥገኝነት ነው እኮ መጀመሪያ የሚጠየቀው የአሜሪካ ፓስፖርት ለማግኘት ።

dear Rise, when they fail to answer what you rise they go for insult so forgive them father they know not what they do
Sir/Madam,
I am not the writer of the article, I just shared. Some are commenting even without reading the article. I provided the link to the article to show the source. Thank you for the advice, I will forgive those lazy ones who comment without reading.

Risa

Post by Risa » 02 Feb 2020, 04:49

Bete Gojjam wrote:
01 Feb 2020, 11:02
Get lost ahiya galla kenyan mzfker I’m gojame we should have colonized wollega but we didn’t we r to nice to you galla savage sub!human breeds you savages killed the ancient Gafat ethio semites who used to border us along with the welayta and Shinasha our ancient and now dead neighboring tribes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Bete Gojjam,
It would be better if you focus on the facts raised in the article rather that talking about unrelated matter.

Masud
Member+

Post by Masud » 03 Feb 2020, 12:35

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 03 Feb 2020, 13:57

"On my part, says the writer, I do not want Oromos to have the fate of Palestinians who in 1948 refused to accept the partitioning of Palestine into Jewish and Palestinian states and went to war without proper evaluation of balance of power and lost both the war and their country. I don’t want Oromos to go to war in which they lose both the war and the gains of the last 46 years when they have options to maintain the gains and achieve more through peaceful means including through the participation in election. Rather than preparing for the destructive war, I want them to prepare for the election. Let’s get out of the state of herds mentality and make rational and pragmatic discussions which benefits our people. Finally, let me end this article with the quote from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr, “Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows”.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 03 Feb 2020, 14:00

Ethoash wrote:
01 Feb 2020, 12:32

dear Rise, when they fail to answer what you rise they go for insult all u have to say is “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
In same article..it says.. :mrgreen:

"TPLF is also in the state of confusion regarding making a choice. It wants to simultaneously eat the cakeand keep the cake. TPLF decided not to join Dr. Abiy’sProsperity Party (PP). However, except issuing press statements, TPLF didn’t take any tangible legal measures to stop the dissolution of EPRDF and PP’s claim to be successor of EPRDF. TPLF complains about its officials who were removed from Federal Government’s position and Addis Ababa’s City Government’s positions.The removals of TPLF members from the Federal Government positions are the normal and expected consequences of TPLF’s decision not to join Dr. Abiy’s new party and one way of challenging this action is through legal means by taking the case to the court. I am not aware of any legal action taken to stop the dissolution of EPRDF and control of government machinery by PP which some consider unconstitutional and illegal. Waiting for the upcoming election 2020 to remove PP dominated government from power through ballot box is also another option."

Rtt

Post by Rtt » 03 Feb 2020, 14:24

Bete Gojjam wrote:
01 Feb 2020, 11:02
If it wasn't for Gelawdios and other Kings, the inferior Gojame Amahras would have been completely under Oromo mecha clan.

Do you know how many times other Amahra provinces had to save Gojam from the Wollega mecha oromos?

Gojames are truly inferior to other Amahras and their wellega neighbours who nearly wiped them completely.