Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
gearhead
Member+

What do you know about Tanzania?

Post by gearhead » 25 Jan 2020, 12:14

Why do Kenyan's point to Tanzania as the better of the two places for enterprise? I thought Kenyans would be forefront in marketing their country, but rather, I found them extremely disenchanted with the corruption conditions in their homeland, citing Tanzania as the better prospect!

Have anyone of you lived in Tanzania? If so what do you like or dislike about the country?

gearhead
Member+

Re: What do you know about Tanzania?

Post by gearhead » 25 Jan 2020, 12:27

If i might add, I found Tanzanian's a bit ditzy for my taste! On a positive note, I found graduates of University of Dar es Salaam to be a well accomplished and consummate professional bunch.

Are my propositions based on a limited experience?

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 25 Jan 2020, 14:35

Kenyans' choice of Tanzania in preference to their country (Kenya) is purely based on the old adage, "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence", and there's no evidence whatsoever to substantiate their claim!

When it comes to corruption, both countries are corrupt to the core. But I prefer Kenya! Because once you've paid the inevitable bribe that involves, be it cash or expense, things get sorted pretty quickly, whereas in Tanzania things drag and can easily take ages before they get sorted out. And since John Magufuli has become president, Tanzania has become foreign investment unfriendly, even though he has certainly changed the rules of the game in Tanzania and Tanzanians feel their lives have improved.

I know both countries, even though I know Tanzania very well also from business point of view.

What do I like in Tanzania?

Its diversified breathtaking landscapes and its abundance in tropical fruits AND NOTHING ELSE! To me, Tanzanian people are the least friendly people I've ever met in my life - and I've been to over 50 countries so far!

Hope this helps!

tlel

Post by tlel » 25 Jan 2020, 16:00

Tanzanai is full of Arab! Arab empire has installed itself using the same color Oman people. Tanzania is becoming more and more Islamic. Zanzibar now is taken over by Muslims which never was before and part of Tanzania. Today Zanzibar is 100% Musllim. The dream of Arab empire was to Islamize East Afrika and it is in the process. Recently it has started in Ethiopioa. Go take a look Merkato, 90% of business are now controlled by Muslims, where are they getting the money? Arab is funding it. Aby Muslim and Jawar also is empowering Muslims, pretty soon Christians will be minority like Egypt in Ethiopia this was the reason why in the past situations must be careful as Ethiopia is a nation of diverse and most of all traditonal Christians. The West fully promotes that too. From history you can see how Sudan and egypt attacked Ethiopioa under the order of the British. Today the same thing. Samora Yunis has more power than before now and mobilizing army against Ethiopia. Already they are faking, we have been opressed as code word for let us opress and Islamize the Christians, just like in Egypt. The Ustaz guy recently who mobilized protest under the order of Jawar. The other main issue is they work with Egypt and olf to hand over Abay wenz to outsiders. There are of course great Muslims who love Ethiopia and their chirsitan brothers who do not want to be controlled by outsiders and Arabs will fight tooth and nail with the rest of Ethiopians.