Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Bete Gojjam

Donald Trump Travel Ban on Eritrea, Sudan, Somalia And Rival Nigeria

Post by Bete Gojjam » 22 Jan 2020, 14:24

Hip Hip Hurray Donald Trump aka Cyrus the Great has banned traveling to Eritrea Today!

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/qz.com/afri ... itrea/amp/

Bete Gojjam

Re: Donald Trump Travel Ban on Eritrea, Sudan, Somalia And Rival Nigeria

Post by Bete Gojjam » 22 Jan 2020, 14:27

Trump’s controversial travel ban set to add four more African countries—including Nigeria

By Yomi Kazeem January 22, 2020

“President Buhari, here’s the plan…”

More African countries could soon be caught in the cross-hairs of US president Donald Trump’s immigration clampdown.

Three years after issuing a controversial travel ban initially slapped on seven Muslim-majority countries, the Trump administration is planning to expand the ban to reportedly include four more African countries: Nigeria, Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania and Eritrea. The others are: Belarus, Myanmar and Kyrgyzstan.

While not disclosing the countries set to be affected, Trump confirmed the plans on the sidelines of World Economic Forum in Davos. An announcement of the additional countries could be made as early as Monday, Politico reports.

Given the legal challenges the initial travel ban faced following which a watered-down version was implemented, additional countries are unlikely to face a blanket ban on all citizens. Instead, possible restrictions may include travel bans issued to government officials or issuing shorter-term visas on citizens. However, an inclusion on the travel ban list will likely result in increased scrutiny for visa applicants from those countries.

Some of the African countries that could be affected already have some history with the Trump administration.

Nigeria, the most high-profile country under consideration, has particularly come under focus from the White House. With Nigeria accounting for the third highest number of US visa overstays in 2018, the Trump administration has become tougher on Africa’s largest economy.

After indefinitely suspending its visa interview waiver for Nigerian applicants (the waiver allowed frequent travelers renew their visa without going through in-person interviews each time), the US also raised visa application fees for Nigerians by including additional “reciprocity fees” ranging from $80 to $303 depending on the class of visa. And even though the Nigerian government immediately slashed visa application fees for American applicants in a bid to get the US to reverse its price increase, the reciprocity fees remain in place. The clampdown measures have resulted in Nigeria recording the largest global drop-off in visitors to the US.

For its part, Sudan was one of the Muslim-majority countries initially named in the controversial Jan. 2017 travel ban. But, following legal challenges in US courts, Sudan was removed alongside Chad and Iraq. And, in Sept. 2017, Eritrea had all its nationals disallowed from applying tourist B visas for delays in accepting its citizens who had been ordered removed from the US.

Bete Gojjam

Post by Bete Gojjam » 22 Jan 2020, 14:39

Trump weighs travel ban expansion in coming day’s

By NAHAL TOOSI and ANITA KUMAR
01/21/2020 01:58 PM EST

. "The travel ban has been profoundly successful in protecting our country and raising the security baseline around the world," he said. "While there are no new announcements at this time, common sense and national security both dictate that if a country wants to fully participate in U.S. immigration programs, they should also comply with all security and counter-terrorism measures — because we do not want to import terrorism or any other national security threat into the United States."

Trump signed the original travel ban on Jan. 27, 2017, just a week into his tenure. The order initially denied visas to citizens of seven majority-Muslim countries, though it was later modified as it went through a series of court challenges.

The Supreme Court eventually allowed a third iteration of the order to go into effect. It restricts entry of some citizens from Iran, Libya, :mrgreen: Somalia, Syria and Yemen, along with Venezuela and North Korea. Chad was removed from the original list.

The countries under consideration for the expanded travel ban include some that have either had solid relationships with the U.S., or which the U.S. has courted.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 22 Jan 2020, 14:56

This bastar.d would even add his wife and children had he been sure this would get him re-elected!

Bete Gojjam

Post by Bete Gojjam » 22 Jan 2020, 14:59

Somaliman wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 14:56
This bastar.d would even add his wife and children had he been sure this would get him re-elected!
Askari cockroach qorchame :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

So when did your cousins start loving Ethiopian music cause I always see your uncle and cousins telling us how great our music is :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Inferiority Complex Cockroach Qorchame

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 22 Jan 2020, 15:16

Bete Gojjam wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 14:59
Somaliman wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 14:56
Askari cockroach qorchame :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

So when did your cousins start loving Ethiopian music cause I always see your uncle and cousins telling us how great our music is :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Inferiority Complex Cockroach Qorchame

Fuc.k Ethiopian music, boy! Apart from a couple of old Oromo songs, I NEVER listen to Ethiopian music, as it's too depressing and boring for me! Try to inculcate into your tiny brain that I'm not Eritrean. And I don't think Eritreans have any love for your music either!

Bete Gojjam

Post by Bete Gojjam » 22 Jan 2020, 15:21

Cockroach Qorchame Askari I always see “from Somalia” in the Ethiopian Traditional Music comment section and it’s :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Cursed bítch Isaias himself said we are One People! We will be united again even Isaias says he is Ethiopian

Everyone Is now Ethiopian :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Last edited by Bete Gojjam on 22 Jan 2020, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 22 Jan 2020, 15:27

it is Great day! this idiot Eritreans must be stopped by any means .. USA CANT affored to import idiot ..

to my Eritrea idiot if make u happy i dont mind if Trump add Ethiopia to more Amhara will be grounded they r the one who love going to America and drive taxi and be doorman .. the rest of Ethiopia live to stay in Ethiopia and build from ground up..

now the let me hear those idiot such as Cigar and his buddy what they going to do when Golden close the border they cant go to USA THEY CANT STAY IN eRITREA they cant come to Golden state let see his big mouth will shut and bagged the golden to open the border or let his people die instead of losing face.. let me see that...

Bete Gojjam

Post by Bete Gojjam » 22 Jan 2020, 15:33

Calm down Woyanash

Donald trump cannot travel Ban Amhara because he only target Muslim majority country Amhara is not a country it is a State of Ethiopia

Amhara is predominately Christian 85% which is more Christian then Europe and America did I forget he can’t target Regions except Muslim States like Nigeria RIP Ethoash

Bete Gojjam

Post by Bete Gojjam » 22 Jan 2020, 15:44

Eritreans are not allowed to visit home country :oops:
Zmeselo wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 15:43

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 22 Jan 2020, 15:50

Bete Gojjam wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 15:33
Calm down Woyanash

Donald trump cannot travel Ban Amhara because he only target Muslim majority country Amhara is not a country it is a State of Ethiopia

Amhara is predominately Christian 85% which is more Christian then Europe and America did I forget he can’t target Regions except Muslim States like Nigeria RIP Ethoash
r u stupid i said ban Ethiopia hence u ban the buda Amhara .. they r the one who abandon mama Ethiopia when ever they got chance... look our artist who have zero education they come to USA and stay while our oromo runner stay in Ethiopia and develop themselves and mama Ethiopia while our amhara artist driving tax and work as parking lot...

so if Trump ban Ethiopia only one who get hurt is Amhara why they r the only one who r not patriotic .. mind u i know u hate Muslim more then anything but your Christian sister work in Saudi as house maid, in total their are 250,000 Christian house maid in Saudi alone while the Muslim Ethiopian only count 20,000 ... if u hate Muslim this much why go to Arab country then buda people.. yes, u r Christian but who is doing drinking and partying and spend all their money in just one night .. who is doing this if u import wife from Ethiopia she gone the next day untruest worthy people .. if u try to start share company the guy who called the money run away with the money.. Christian Amhara is unworthy of America dv visa why even bother . next time i want the Arab start asking do u speak any other language other then Amhric if they say no they r Amhara kick them out of Saudi this only will teach u to respect Muslim

Bete Gojjam

Post by Bete Gojjam » 22 Jan 2020, 15:58

Filithy loser why is your Jawar dishwashing in America Huh huh?

Denkoro your Oromo elites all fled to Kenya Egypt Eritrea and Minnesota when TPLF was ruling cursed blâckbitc

Amhara created Addis Ababa. And Oromo created...

YAY

Post by YAY » 22 Jan 2020, 18:15

Dear BeteGojjam: You've got to read the news again

The travel ban is for certain travellers from Eritrea and not
to Eritrea.
Bete Gojjam wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 14:24
Hip Hip Hurray Donald Trump aka Cyrus the Great has banned traveling to Eritrea Today!

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jan 2020, 18:28

YAY wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 18:15
Dear BeteGojjam: You've got to read the news again

The travel ban is for certain travellers from Eritrea and not
to Eritrea.
:lol:
Bete Gojjam wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 14:24

I'm not surprised he didn't read it carefully, z'Hawey. Super exited, Eritrea is mentioned in a bad light. Having green eyes, has made them blind.

I'm sure this decision was taken, by some Obama remnants at the State Department. We know the Trump adm., has just lifted the sanctions.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 23 Jan 2020, 07:31

Bete Gojjam wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 15:58
Filithy loser why is your Jawar dishwashing in America Huh huh?

Denkoro your Oromo elites all fled to Kenya Egypt Eritrea and Minnesota when TPLF was ruling cursed blâckbitc

Amhara created Addis Ababa. And Oromo created...
dish-washing is very respectful job, where it come a problem is when u try to advice or telling the Government of Ethiopia how to run the country..ያለስራህ ጣልቃ ገብተህ ልፈትፍት ስትል ቁሙ እንልሀለን ወይ እስከአፍንጫህ እነግረሀለን።
ቶማጣ ዝም ካሉት ገብቼ ልፈትፍት ይላል ነው። ግን ይህ ማለት ቁምጥናን መናቅ አይደለም ቡዙ አማሮች በመለከፋቸው በዚህ ደዌ፤ ብዙም ማናናቅ ነገ በኔ ነው።

if jawhar wash dish, that is respectful job but if he stayed in his dish-washing job and open his mouth i will tell remind him his life time work.. but Jawhar goes to be uneducated person, he educated himself and change himself to better... that is what u should advocate for everyone . dish washing መረማመጃ ስራ መሆን አለበት እንጂ እስከምትጃጃ ከስራህው እንግዲህ ድስት አጣቢ ትባላለህ ። አቅምህንም ማውቅ አለብህ። ለማለት በት ህትና የተለገስ ምክር እንጂ ደስት አጣቢነትን ለማዋረድ አይደለም። ምነው ደስት አጣቢ ነህ ውይ፤ እኔ እንኳን ብዙ የአበሾችን ስራ ጠቅሼ ነበር ለምሳሌ ታክሲ፤ የሁቴል ቤት ዘበኛ ፤ የመኪና እረኛነት፤ ሽንት ቤት አጠባነት ከእንዚህ አይበልጥም ታዲያ ለምን ድስት አጥቢነት ብቻ አንገበገበህ። በአጭሩ ጁሐርን አትመጥንም።

tlel

Post by tlel » 23 Jan 2020, 13:00

Do not be duped, Ethiopia is also there they just don's say it!

tlel

Post by tlel » 23 Jan 2020, 13:13

I love the era of Dulles, Roosevelt, Kennedy, I think Trump is the fan of Kennedy!

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 23 Jan 2020, 13:53

Trump's ban doesn't have any significant impact upon Somalis, since those Somalis who could afford to travel to the US have already western passports and are not affected. And I believe Eritreans are in a very similar situation. Therefore, Trump can go fuc.k himself!
Last edited by Somaliman on 23 Jan 2020, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.