Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Aurorae

Eritreans, help if you ever heard of these two gems

Post by Aurorae » 21 Jan 2020, 12:27

When I was a child, my father used to play these two songs from Ghirmay Wedi Filipo....I don't remember the titles,
1. ኣሎኹ እንዳበልኪ ክትጠልምኒ ዲኺ
2. ዘገርምዩ ዘደንቕ አዩ ናትኪ ነገር
These songs were the most modern tigrigna songs to date. Eritreans were not ready for those. Ghirmay left Eritrea to Italy way before most of us were born. He was forgotten. Later in his life, he was consumed with political activities. Unfortunately, young Eritreans will never know his musical accomplishments early on. If any one can locate those two songs on the net, I would appreciate it. I remember the melodies quite well, but not the lyrics.

Cigar

Re: Eritreans, help if you ever heard of these two gems

Post by Cigar » 21 Jan 2020, 12:36

Why are you too much concerned about a guy, you yourself admitted he was against EPLF's grand vision?
The strongest survive in a revolution.
If his agenda was legit, he should have died to pursue it.
Any Eritrean who scumbbed to EPLF eventual winning agendas on the 'right' time and then fail and talk bad about the struggle who eats its kids is a failure and should not have a mouth to speak about the idea which eventually won.
Let his name and his songs disappear in thin air, rightfully so.

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 21 Jan 2020, 14:35

Cigar,

Any Eritrean has the right to oppose the government of Eritrea. Opposing self imposed rulers is the right, our brothers and sisters died for in EPLF and ELF struggle for independence. However, what I was admiring, was his long lost talent as a musician. He was a pioneer. He rocked Asmara in the sixties. There was him before there was Osman or Yemane. If you can post the two songs I posted the titles above, I would appreciate it. Kebero is nice and it is our culture, but we need much more in the constantly moving creative world. Placing political bias in the right setting, is a must do in the artistic world.
Last edited by Aurorae on 21 Jan 2020, 17:38, edited 3 times in total.

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 21 Jan 2020, 14:56

Aurorae wrote:
21 Jan 2020, 12:27
When I was a child, my father used to play these two songs from Ghirmay Wedi Filipo....I don't remember the titles,
1. ኣሎኹ እንዳበልኪ ክትጠልምኒ ዲኺ
2. ዘገርምዩ ዘደንቕ አዩ ናትኪ ነገር
These songs were the most modern tigrigna songs to date. Eritreans were not ready for those. Ghirmay left Eritrea to Italy way before most of us were born. He was forgotten. Later in his life, he was consumed with political activities. Unfortunately, young Eritreans will never know his musical accomplishments early on. If any one can locate those two songs on the net, I would appreciate it. I remember the melodies quite well, but not the lyrics.
Wedi filipo is a jeberti arse kisser and mercenary, more or less a sell out. Now tell us, why should We shed tears to the [ deleted ]

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 21 Jan 2020, 15:12

Finally, Cigar and Deqi agree. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deqi,

I am not commenting on his political views. He has the right. I am talking about in his musical genius. Can you help on those two songs. :lol:

Cigar

Post by Cigar » 21 Jan 2020, 16:08

Yes you did talk about his political view.
And I detest him just like I detest wedi arawit the filthy wedi gahba, megal, qosal, abaq chenawit mitra even if you believe he agrees with me in this traitor anti EPLF scum bag guy's case.
And I don't even want to promote his songs even if they are not political.
I want him to get lost and disappear in thin air not to be remembered for ever.
Yes you are right that people can have their stands and if their stand doesn't conform with mine, I don't want promote them.

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 21 Jan 2020, 17:31

Deqi,

It is your turn, your recap. :lol: :lol:

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 21 Jan 2020, 17:43

Voila, I found one. This song could be redone.

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 21 Jan 2020, 18:06

I think this video is bothering brother Deqi Arawit. I have yet to see it. Deqi, what did he say that is anti Eritrean interest ?

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 21 Jan 2020, 18:10

Aurorae wrote:
21 Jan 2020, 18:06
I think this video is bothering brother Deqi Arawit. I have yet to see it. Deqi, what did he say that is anti Eritrean interest ?

ለኽባጥ ሎቅማጽ ወዲ ሰበይቲ እዩ. እንዳ ማርያም ጀበርቲ እዮም ሰሪሖሞ ኢሉ ከይሓፈረ እዚ ብዓለገ

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 21 Jan 2020, 18:22

እንዳ ማርያም ኣስመራ ብደቂ ኣርባዕተ ኣስመር አዩ ተሰሪሑ ቅድሚ ኣስታት ሐሙሽተ ሚአቲ ዓመት። ጀበርቲ ምስ ግራኝ አዮም መጺኦም ቅድሚ ኣስታት ሰለስተ ሚአቲ ዓመት
ዳሕራይ ውን ብጊዜ ዮውሃንስ ብዙሓት መጺኦም

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 21 Jan 2020, 19:14

Aurorae wrote:
21 Jan 2020, 18:22
እንዳ ማርያም ኣስመራ ብደቂ ኣርባዕተ ኣስመር አዩ ተሰሪሑ ቅድሚ ኣስታት ሐሙሽተ ሚአቲ ዓመት። ጀበርቲ ምስ ግራኝ አዮም መጺኦም ቅድሚ ኣስታት ሰለስተ ሚአቲ ዓመት
ዳሕራይ ውን ብጊዜ ዮውሃንስ ብዙሓት መጺኦም
እሞ እሱ ኢና ዝበልና, እዚ ብዓለገ ተጠሊዑ ጀበርቲ እዮም ሰሪሖሞ ኢሉ. ንኸምዚ ዝኣመሰለ ብልሹው ሰብ ከመይ ጌርካ ተክብሮ? ረሳሕ ከልቢ ምጽረፍ ዓዲ እዩ.

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 21 Jan 2020, 20:57

Deqi,

Nation building is not easy. Tolerance is very important. He was civilian. He did not represent anyone but himself. He was trying to bring all stake holders and work for the interest of the country. I would not say what he said, not knowing his intention or basis to claim that. Eritrean jebertis are stakeholders just like the rest of us. He was deadly wrong but his intention most likely was appeasing. It just shows you that being genuine and truthful is the best strategy to bring the people together. Being humble and truthful gives you a lot of mileage. When people see your just intentions, they tend to trust you more.

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 22 Jan 2020, 01:14

molover

Post by molover » 22 Jan 2020, 03:30

Deqi-Arawit wrote:
21 Jan 2020, 14:56
Aurorae wrote:
1. ኣሎኹ እንዳበልኪ ክትጠልምኒ ዲኺ
2. ዘገርምዩ ዘደንቕ አዩ ናትኪ ነገር
Wedi filipo is a jeberti arse kisser and mercenary, more or less a sell out. Now tell us, why should We shed tears to the [ deleted ]
Jeberti is Our Brother's and Sisters what's going on with Jeberti??

wegri

Post by wegri » 22 Jan 2020, 04:24

molover wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 03:30
Deqi-Arawit wrote:
Aurorae wrote:
1. ኣሎኹ እንዳበልኪ ክትጠልምኒ ዲኺ
2. ዘገርምዩ ዘደንቕ አዩ ናትኪ ነገር
Molover,

You are right, jeberti are our brothers and sisters. But as usual "Aurora ቱካይ" and "Wedi-Arayit" are trying to play the card of regionalism and religion just to divide the eritrean ppl. Nice try! :mrgreen:

wegri

Post by wegri » 22 Jan 2020, 10:15

wegri wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 04:24
molover wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 03:30
Deqi-Arawit wrote:
Aurorae wrote:
1. ኣሎኹ እንዳበልኪ ክትጠልምኒ ዲኺ
2. ዘገርምዩ ዘደንቕ አዩ ናትኪ ነገር
Molover,

You are right, jeberti are our brothers and sisters. But as usual "Aurora ቱካይ" and "Wedi-Arayit" are trying to play the card of regionalism and religion just to divide the eritrean ppl. What do you expect from fake "eritreans" :mrgreen:

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 22 Jan 2020, 10:46

Molover,

You are right. You always have class.

Wegri,

Anta qomal, where is regionalism mentioned in this dialogue ? I got your shi-tty brain under my pocket, don't I ? ኣቱም ሰባት ሰብ እንተበልኩስ በዓል በለስ ወዲዛ ኸርናፍ :twisted: :lol: :lol:

wegri

Post by wegri » 22 Jan 2020, 11:13

Aurorae wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 10:46
Molover,

You are right. You always have class.

Wegri,

Anta qomal, where is regionalism mentioned in this dialogue ? I got your shi-tty brain under my pocket, don't I ? ኣቱም ሰባት ሰብ እንተበልኩስ በዓል በለስ ወዲዛ ኸርናፍ :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Aurora ቱካይ,

ኣብዚኣ ቁሩብ ክእርመካ፡
"ሰብ እንተበኩስ ብዓል በለስ" ዘይኮነ ዝብሃል፡ ንልቢ ክኾነካ "ሰብ ጸውዑለይ እንተበኩስ ብዓል በለስ ጸዊዑለይ" እዩ ዝብሃል። That means, ሰብ ጸውዕ እንተበልዎስ ዓጋመ ከምዚ ከማኻ ጸዊዑሎም :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 22 Jan 2020, 12:17

ቁማል ተወጋሪ፣

ኣቱም ሰባት ሰብ እንተበልኩስ በዓል በለስ ወዲዛ ኸርናፍ :twisted: :lol: :lol: