Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Maxi
Member+

በትግራይ የማንነት ጥያቄ ተጠናክሮ ቀጥሏላ!! ቀስ እያለ ትግራይ ውስጥ ጉድ እየወጣ ነው ።

Post by Maxi » 18 Jan 2020, 09:31

በትግራይ የማንነት ጥያቄ ተጠናክሮ ቀጥሏላ!!

ቀስ እያለ ትግራይ ውስጥ ጉድ እየወጣ ነው ።

'እኔ ትግራይ እንጅ ትግሬ አይደለሁም ።

ትግሬ ራሱን የቻለ ብሄር ነው' ይህን ያለኝ ባልደረባየ ነው!እንዲያውም በጣም ተናዶ ነው ይሄን ያለኝ 'ለምን ነው መንግስት ሳይቀር ትግሬ የሚለን' ብሎ ማለት ነው!

Zreal

Re: በትግራይ የማንነት ጥያቄ ተጠናክሮ ቀጥሏላ!! ቀስ እያለ ትግራይ ውስጥ ጉድ እየወጣ ነው ።

Post by Zreal » 18 Jan 2020, 10:30

present that is True. I was wondering why do the Ascaris hate Emperor Yohannes IV. Even at one time, Ascari Meles Zenawi supporters were trying to change the name of One School from Atse Yohannes to Meles Zenawi, but the people in the surrounding of that school refused to accept that.

The Tigrian people told these Ascaris fair and square that if they want to have a school named after Meles Zenawi, they have to build a new school instead of changing the name an existing school from Atse Yohannes to Meles Zenawi!
!

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 18 Jan 2020, 11:26

Revelations, today you posted something interesting. I have not had a clue before now about the Tigray demographic I just read. This beg the question why do the TPLF political elites have spent the last two years inventing ethnic issue in Amhara region, such as of a
“Kemant” or in the south while the “ golden” tribe itself is not monolithic?
Does TPLF will be done by the very politics it invented? It is an interesting time indeed.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 18 Jan 2020, 12:30

Ethiopia's rulers, befuddled by Western power and propaganda, had actually repudiated the reality of their African heritage and embraced the fabricated myth of a Caucasian identity. Misled by legend, pseudoscientific theories and anti-Negro indoctrination, Ethiopian leadership had sought to wash the color of the Abyssinian people white.
(See W. R. Scott, "The Sons of Sheba's Race", 1993, p.206.)

Homer Smith, an African-American, who was a resident of Addis Ababa in 1957.
In his private letter to Claude A. Barnett of the associated Negro Press in Chicago, Mr. Smith bitterly complained that 'Abyssinians disdain black Americans. As an example of how the Ethiopian elite scorned African-Americans, Smith cited his futile efforts to solicit their assistance in erecting a fitting monument for the deceased Negro war hero John Robinson. According to Smith, none of the aristocracy, including the Duke of Harar, who Colonel Robinson had taught to fly, had responded with one cent to his solicitations. Moneyed Ethiopians, he charged, had, on the other hand, placed a fine stone over the grave of a Russian nurse whose sole contribution had been providing sick care for some Ethiopian dignitaries while Robinson's nearby burial place, marked by a rotting wooden cross, was in disrepair. 'Don't let anybody tell you or anybody else that Ethiopians do not worship white people. They do look down on the American Negro despite the fact colored Americans are incomparably centuries ahead of them in education, wealth, culture, etc'.
(W. R. Scott, The Sons of Sheba's Race, 1993, p. 219)

Emperor Yohannes signed the treaty of Hewitt that ceded Western Eritrea and all the area near the Massawa proper to Anglo-Egyptian power, in an exact format Dejach Wube was ready to hand over that same area to the French colonizers in return for the French recognizing him as preeminent chief of Highland Tigray and its environs. Not to be outdone, Emperor Menelik signed the treaty of Wuchalie with the Italians that gave away the entire Eritrean land and in effect recognizing Eritrea as an Italian colony from there into eternity.

(For the treaty of Hewitt, see Haggai Erlich, "Ras Alula," page 43-48, for the treaty of Wuchalie, Chris Prouty, "Empress Taytu and Menelik II," page 60-61, For Wube and the French, see Abir, page 122)

Menelik is recorded in black and white for every body to see when at one point he wrote to King Umberto of Italy and said, among other things, that
I beg Your Majesty to defend me against every one, as I don't know what European kings will say about this let others know that this region is ours.
(See Chris Prouty, "Empress Taytu and Menelik II," page 54)

Menelik is also again on record telling the then Italian representative to Ethiopia, Count Antonelli,
that he loved Italy so much that HE FELT 'HALF ITALIAN' AND HAD NO GREATER WISH THAN TO GO THERE AND SEE IT.
(Emphasis mine, see Prouty, page 57)

Menelik forcefully advised the Italian colonial forces who by then were stationed at Massawa, to move on and occupy Asmara. As Ms Prouty recounted
Via Antonelli's courier, Menelik informed the King of Italy that he would like the Italian soldiers to occupy Asmara, in order to discourage the imperial pretensions of Mengesha Yohannes (the son of Emperor Yohannes).
There after,
added Menelik,
God will give me the throne that for many years I have had the right to have.
(See Prouty, page 61)
Last edited by Zmeselo on 18 Jan 2020, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 18 Jan 2020, 12:36

Again for the record, let it also be said that Menelik ceded the land what is now constituted as Djibouti to France just as he readily blessed Eritrea to Italy. Not only that, but Menelik also did his obligation to the French by helping them wherever help was needed in their conquest to lay down a claim from Djibouti all the way to West Africa, particularly Bahir-El-Ghezilla. To that end, Menelik assigned Ras Tessema, with his 10,000 troops, to support the French colonizers in their march all the way to Central Africa.

In his book "The Race to Fashoda," Historian David L. Lewis, W. E. B. Du Bois' biographer, talked at length about Ras Tessema (he spelled it as Tassama) and his French connection extensively (See pages 133-135, 193, 211-212).

Ras Alula, the Hero of all Ethiopians did his bid:
You want the country to the River Mereb (meaning the whole Eritrea) to cultivate your gardens, to build your houses, to construct your churches? We can give it to you [And not to Menelik.]. Let the Italian soldiers come to Adwa, I shall come to meet them like friends.
And in trying to persuade the Italians not to make friendship with Menelik, Alula begged the Italians by saying,
And you, why do you need to look for distant friend? We are neighbors (meaning Eritrea and Tigray) and can serve each other. You went the road to be open and I want the road to be open. You should guard to the Mereb River and I will guard it to Gondar and even beyond Gondar. We must be able to go to the coast to trade in order that our country (meaning Tigray) would flourish, with the help of God, Menelik is too far to be of any use to you. Let us make friendship between us.
(See, Haggai Erlich, "Ras Alula,", page 164)
Last edited by Zmeselo on 18 Jan 2020, 13:12, edited 2 times in total.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 18 Jan 2020, 12:53

Zmeselo wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 11:43
Italians in Tigray:

I have only one word for you,kezenam,seb geirnakum

tlel

Post by tlel » 18 Jan 2020, 12:57

Lemndin niw people like you who claim to be by the way never heard you and Abaymado say Ethiopian and yet you spread gossips, insults, etc. Makes me wonder...

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 18 Jan 2020, 14:04

In real life, we Weyane are Adwa first, Tigray second, and Ethiopians last.

On the internet, we Weyane are Eritrean opposition first, Amhara opposition second, and Oromo opposition third.

ባጩሩ፡ ሁለገብ ዲጂታል ወያኔ በመባል ኡንታወቃለን።

Maxi
Member+

Post by Maxi » 18 Jan 2020, 14:09

ሱለዙህ ድጅታል ወያኒ ሚለው ስሟችሁ መጣሁ ከዙህ ነው ማልት ንው? :P :P
Digital Weyane wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 14:04
In real life, we Weyane are Adwa first, Tigray second, and Ethiopians last.

On the internet, we Weyane are Eritrean opposition first, Amhara opposition second, and Oromo opposition third.

ባጩሩ፡ ሁለገብ ዲጂታል ወያኔ በመባል ኡንታወቃለን።