ህዋሐት፡ ትግራይን፡ቂጡን፡በድተን፡ወደ፡የሚናፍቀዉ፡ትዉልድ፡ሀገሩ፡ትግራይ፡አባረንዋል፡
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Please wait, video is loading...

Dawi

Re: In Defense of Tamrat Negera

Post by Dawi » 20 Jan 2020, 00:18

YAY wrote:
17 Jan 2020, 21:50
Dear Dawit: Oh please, be reasonable: how are they in the same line of thought?

I would not call Dr. Bereket Habte Selassie the "father" of the 1997 Eritrean Constitution. With other due respect to him, he failed to get that honor by forgetting the date the Constitution should have been effective. A constitution without an effective date is a dead constitution, but, may be, only good as a reference document.

I have tried to listen to Dr. Bereket on the video you offered. It was not easy to hear every word he said, but, after talking about Pan African unity, I heard him say:
I have been part of Ethiopia. In the larger sense...we are all Ethiopians---historically, culturally-speaking....and my wish and my hope, before I die, is that we come back together in the larger sense of unity transcending all these divisions....
This was said when the TPLF/EPRDF was in power over Etiyopiya, and no peace deal was signed between the two nations. The conflict and division between the two countries was a few degrees lower than the highest level. His comments raise more questions than they gives us clear answers, but I think he was talking, as diplomatically as possible, about peace (coming back together) between the two countries by crossing over (or transcending) the divisions. He did not explicitly say that Etiyopiya must invade independent Eritrea and make it part of it (the unity of the two independent countries into one country), as Tamerat Negera is propagating.

Tamerat is definitely starting his line of thought with Etiyopiya being a country with great population, long history, economy, etc. better than Eritrea (a country whose sovereignty is based upon blocking Etiyopiya's access to the sea and allying with Etiyopiya's enemies to become a greater threat to Etiyopiya's national interests). For these reasons, Etiyopiya needs to possess it is own port(s), Etiyopiyans cannot recognize Eritrea's sovereignty, and Etiyopiya must go ahead and invade Eritrea and put Eritrea under the sovereign control of Etiyopiya, while not involving itself with Eritrea's minor local matters.

If you believe these two lines of thought are the same, then, all mentions of unity, united, oneness, integration, med'demer, Pan-African solidarity, African union, united nations, etc would mean the same. I disagree.
YAY,

The lines of thought in spirit are the same; Tamerat has made it clear that a diplomatic war is what he wants nothing more. It is as China does to Taiwan; that didn't stop Taiwanese from investing in the mainland or thrive as a nation. Did it?

Bottom line, Prof. Bereket said, "we are all Ethiopians"; he didn't say we're all "Eritreans", "Horners","E. Africans" or what have you? I get that! Do you?

If you stop being a "YAOY"O and agree on the Dr. Bereket premise, we will all be fine. :P

Cheers!

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 20 Jan 2020, 03:50

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 20 Jan 2020, 03:55

Tamirat and Company are grateful for what you and your tyrants have done to Eritrea and the Eritrean people.

"ክቡር የኤርትራው ፕሬዚደንት - ኤርትራን እና ህዝብዋን ስላቆርቆስክልን እጅግ በጣም እናመሰግናለን።"

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 20 Jan 2020, 06:35

Wedi komarit,

Zena Mekele

Post by Zena Mekele » 20 Jan 2020, 06:54

ህዋሐት፡ ትግራይን፡ቂጡን፡በድተን፡ወደ፡የሚናፍቀዉ፡ትዉልድ፡ሀገሩ፡ትግራይ፡አባረንዋል፡
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Please wait, video is loading...