Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Now proved Atse Tewedros was born Tembien the son of Tembien, if he was Amhara he would not dare to kill himself???

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 11 Jan 2020, 19:07

I could identify him from his nose, his braveness decisive action and risk taker, exhibit one is "Issayas Afewrki".
Last edited by Halafi Mengedi on 11 Jan 2020, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Re: Now proved Atse Tewedros was born Tembine the son of Tembien, if he was Amhara he would not dare to kill himself???

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 11 Jan 2020, 19:15

The Chika Angol do not understand or they know but they cannot say it out of inferiority that Tewedros commanders and he was surrounded by Tembien only until he died but he hated Amharu and he killed many of them actually all the victims during his reign were Amharu yet the so called Tigray slave Gondere Azmari sings the Tigrayan Tewedros heroism like they worship Tigrayan king Haileselassie.

simbe11

Re: Now proved Atse Tewedros was born Tembine the son of Tembien, if he was Amhara he would not dare to kill himself???

Post by simbe11 » 11 Jan 2020, 19:19

Ante gena Tewodros agote new tilalelih.
Yesew neger hulu yamirhal

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 11 Jan 2020, 19:29

simbe11 wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 19:19
I am talking history not what I want since they will not change the way live my life but Tewedros and Haileselassie were Tigrayans. Haileselassie father Ras Mekonen is 100% Tigray Tembien from wersege relative to Seye Abraha father in the same woreda and Haleselassie mother is Adre ethnic, Harar was under the control of Ras Mekonen. Tewederos was pure Tigrayan by both parents Tembien now proved by scholars. There is no single pure Amhara aka Tigray slaves have nose like Tewedros or Haleselassie except some Diqalu or born in Amhara region speak Amharic but their background is another ethnic lighter skin and straight nose.

Sadacha Macca

Re: Now proved Atse Tewedros was born Tembien the son of Tembien, if he was Amhara he would not dare to kill himself???

Post by Sadacha Macca » 11 Jan 2020, 19:48

tewodros was agaw/qemant, not sure if he was mixed with amara or tigrayan though. but from what i researched, he was at least partially agaw.
he spoke amharic and made it the official language as well.

Andertan

Re: Now proved Atse Tewedros was born Tembien the son of Tembien, if he was Amhara he would not dare to kill himself???

Post by Andertan » 11 Jan 2020, 19:54

Dejazmatch Elfeyos Hellawe, son of Dejazmatch Hellawe Arzu Sebentu, an alleged descendant of Emperor Sayfa Arad I, of the Solomonic line. He had a son

1) H.E. Dejazmatch Wolde Giyorgis Elfeyos. Governor of Qwara and Dembiya, in Begameder (Gondar). m. Woizero Nachit, daughter of Woizero Walatta Selassie, daughter of Dilamo. He had issue, a son:
a) H.E. Dejazmatch Hailu Wolde Giyorgis. Governor of Qwara. m. (first) (div.) Woizero Walatta Takla (m. second, Dejazmatch Andawa Libo, of Amhara), daughter of Hailu Niblu, by his wife, Woizero Altash, sister of Dejazmatch Maru, of Dembiya. m. (second) Woizero Attitigeb (b. at Lijambra, Talya, in Damot; d. after 1840), daughter of Dejazmatch Wand Bawosen, of Damot, by his wife, Woizero Tessal, a lady of Royal descent. He d. ca. 1820, having had issue, four sons:
i) H.E. Dejazmatch Kinfu Hailu. b. ca. 1800 (s/o Walatta Takla). Governor of Qwara, Dembiya, and Tchelga 1831-1839. m. a niece of H.H. Ras Mariye, Viceroy of the Empire and Governor of Begameder. He was k. at the Battle of Qunzla, 4th October 1839 (bur. Fanja), having had issue:
(1) Lij Yilma Kinfu. b. ca. 1821. He d. young, from a fall from a horse, at Quoratsa, 1840.
(2) Lij Makonnen Kinfu. He was k. in battle, 1856.
(3) Lij Yohannes Kinfu. He was k. before 1860.
(4) Lij Garrad Kinfu. Rebelled against his uncle and killed the British Consul, Walter Chichele Plowden, in February 1860. He was k. (executed on the orders of Emperor Tewodros II), at Waldebba, September 1860, having had issue, a son:
(a) 'Abdu'l Rahman. Fl. 1889
(1) Woizero Wishan*. m. Dejazmatch Yilma Asfaw, a noble of Begameder. She had issue, two daughters:
(a) Woizero Warqenas [Worqenesh Yilma]. m. John Bell [Lika Makwas Yohannes] (k. by Garrad Kinfu, while defending the Emperor, September 1860), entered the service of Ras 'Ali and appointed to the rank of Basha (Captain) by him, Lika Makwas and Court Chamberlain to Emperor Tewodoros II. She had issue, one son and two daughters

iii) Ras Kassa Hailu, who ascended the throne as H.M. Tewodoros II, Elect of God and King of Kings of Ethiopia (s/o Woizero Attitigeb) - see below.
iv) Dejazmatch Andawa Hailu (s/o Walatta Takla). He was k. at the Battle of Qunzla, 4th October 1839.
i) Woizero Walatta Worq. b. ca. 1824. m. …(d. before 2nd March 1866). She was affianced by Emperor Tewodros to Mons. M.G. Lejean, the French Envoy Ext. & Min. Plen. to Ethiopia, who had been kept by him as an open prisoner, but who fled to France, his only means of escaping the marriage.
ii) Woizero Yosefa. m. ca. 1856, Ras Sabagadis (b. 1842; k. on the orders of his brother-in-law, ca. 1859), youngest son of H.E. Ras Wube Haile Mariam, Prince of Tigray - see Ethiopia (Tigray).
Copyright© Christopher Buyers
* The connecion given here is based on the articles in the Encyclopaedia Aethiopia, but are evidently based on the family traditions of the claimed European descendants. However, several problems exist with the chronology of events, the age differences between supposed relatives, and the political differences between supposed close family members. I give the genealogy here as a matter of general interest.
1855 - 1868 H.M. Emperor Tewodoros II [Abba Tataq], Elect of God and King of Kings of Ethiopia. b. at Sharghe, Qwara, ca. 1818, as Lij Kassa Hailu, youngest son of Dejazmatch Hailu Wolde-Giyorgis, sometime Governor of Qwara, by his second wife Woizero Attitigeb, educ. at a Monastery. Baptised as Selassie Barea. Appointed as Governor of Qwara by Empress Menen in 1839, he rebelled against her in 1845, invaded and pillaged Dembiya in October 1846, conquered Gondar in January 1847, defeated and captured the Empress 18th June 1847 but was promoted and granted the personal title of Dejazmatch on releasing her in August that year. Recognised as his heir by his father-in-law, Ras 'Ali Alula, January 1848. Assumed the title of Ras immediately after his victory at Gur Amba, 27th November 1852. Pursued, fought and finally defeated Ras 'Ali Alula Tekku at Ayshal, 29th June 1853. Proclaimed as Negus at Amba Chera, 19th September 1854. Defeated Ras Wube at the battle of Dirasge, captured and deposed Emperor Sahle Dengal, and proclaimed himself Emperor, 8th February 1855. Crowned as Emperor Tewodoros II, at the Church of the Virgin Mary at Dirasge, 9th February 1855. m. (first) (div.) (Woizero Engeda Worq?), a daughter of Dejazmatch Birru Goshu, sometime Governor of Qwara, Dembiya, and Tchelga, by his wife, Woizero Yawubdar, daughter of Dejazmatch Sahlu. m. (second) January 1848 (civil) and at Amba Chera, 18th September 1854 (relig.) H.M. Empress (Itege) Tewabech (b. 1830; d. at Magdala, 19th August 1858), daughter of H.H. Ras 'Ali Alula Tekku, sometime Viceroy of Ethiopia, Governor of Gojjam and Begameder. m. (third) February 1860 (div. 1861), H.M. Empress (Itege) Terunish [Turan Worq] (d. at Aikullet, during the withrawal of British forces from Magdala, 15th May 1868; bur. Selassie Monastery, Cheliqot, Tigray), daughter of Ras Wube Haile Mariam, Governor of Tigray and Semien, by his fourth wife, Woizero Lekiyaye. m. (a) after 1861, Iqubat Yetemagnu [Tamano], a widow from Yajju. m. (b) Woizero Averash, widow of Tasfa Seyun, and daughter of Kassa. m. (c) either Woizero Laketch or Woizero Taitu, one of the elder daughters of H.E. Ras Adilu, of Wollo-Wagessa, He k. himself at Magdala, 13th April 1868 (bur. ther at the Medhane Alem Church, reinturred at the Mahbere Selassie Convent, Qwara), having had issue, six sons and three daughters:
1) H.H. Ras Engeda. b. 1841 (s/o Engeda Worq, or Tewabech), educ. privately. He was k. at Magdala, 13th April 1868, having had issue, three sons:
a) …b. 1854. Taken prisoner by the British in 1868.
b) …b. 1855. Taken prisoner by the British in 1868.
c) …b. 1856. Taken prisoner by the British in 1868. Copyright© Christopher Buyers
2) H.H. Ras Mashasha Tewodoros. b. ca. 1848 (s/o Tewabech), educ. privately. Instrumental in engineering the escape of Emperor Menelik II from confinement at Magdala, 30th June 1865. Governor of Qwara, and Dembiya 1861-1868, and 1889. Granted the personal title of Dejazmatch by his father 1861, and prom. to Ras by Emperor Menelik II. He had issue, a son:
a) H.E. Dejazmatch Kassa Mashasha. Governor of Gondar.
3) H.H. Prince Alamayu Simyen Tewodoros. b. at Magdala, 23rd April 1861 (s/o Empress Terunesh), educ. Rugby and RMC, Sandhurst. Granted the personal title of Dejazmatch by his father at birth. He d. unm. at Headingley, Leeds, Yorkshire, 14th November 1879 (bur. St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, Berks.).
4) Lij Haile Mariam [Hailu] Tewodoros
(s/o a secondary wife).
5) Lij Yimam Tewodoros (s/o Laketch or Taitu).
6) Lij Tesemma Dengat Tewodoros (s/o a secondary wife).
1) Woizero Altash (d/o a secondary wife). m. (first) at Magdala, January 1864 (div. 1865), H.I.M. Emperor Menelik II, By the grace of God, King of Kings of Ethiopia, GCB, GCMG (b. at Ankobar, Shoa, 17th August 1844; d. at the Menelik Palace, Addis Ababa, 12th December 1913, bur. at the Kidane Meheret Church, and later transferred to The Taeka Negest, Ba'eta Le Mariam Monastery Church, Addis Ababa, in 1917), only son of H.M. Negus Haile Malakot, King of Shoa, by Ejigayehu, daughter of Tarreqe, from Motatit, in Manz. m. (second) H.E. Ras Bariaw Pawlos, Prince (Mesfin) of Tigray. She d. ca. October 1890 - see Ethiopia (Shoa) and Ethiopia (Tigray).
2) Woizero … (d/o a secondary wife).
3) Woizero … (d/o a secondary wife). m. Lij Alama Gwalu.

https://www.royalark.net/Ethiopia/tewodros.htm
Last edited by Andertan on 11 Jan 2020, 22:10, edited 8 times in total.

simbe11

Post by simbe11 » 11 Jan 2020, 20:30

First of all Tewodros didn’t make Amharic the national language Yohanes did. You claiming Tewodros to be qimant? Really? I ain’t sure.

ይህ የቴዎድሮስ ግጥም ሌላ ያወራል

አገው ነህ ወይስ ሺናሻ
ቅማንት ነህ ወይስ ፈላሻ
ስምህ የሆነብኝ ግርሻ
Sadacha Macca wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 19:48
tewodros was agaw/qemant, not sure if he was mixed with amara or tigrayan though. but from what i researched, he was at least partially agaw.

simbe11

Post by simbe11 » 11 Jan 2020, 20:34

When we say we all are the same people you never believed. How is the world would you claim Tewodros a Tigray. You take what’s yours if you don’t accept all.
In your case Tigray provide lots of traitors than warriors.
I for sure know that there are gallant Tigrayan fighter who wouldn’t hesitate to die for Ethiopia.

Halafi Mengedi wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 19:29
simbe11 wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 19:19
I am talking history not what I want since they will not change the way live my life but Tewedros and Haileselassie were Tigrayans. Haileselassie father Ras Mekonen is 100% Tigray Tembien from wersege relative to Seye Abraha father in the same woreda and Haleselassie mother is Adre ethnic, Harar was under the control of Ras Mekonen. Tewederos was pure Tigrayan by both parents Tembien now proved by scholars. There is no single pure Amhara aka Tigray slaves have nose like Tewedros or Haleselassie except some Diqalu or born in Amhara region speak Amharic but their background is another ethnic lighter skin and straight nose.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 11 Jan 2020, 21:08

The reason the Qimant saying is he was in Qura the qimant region they claim now but Tewedrow was born in Tembien and he was in Adi Arkay in his childhood the Tembien province and then went to Qura and his kingdom was.

simbe11 wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 20:30
First of all Tewodros didn’t make Amharic the national language Yohanes did. You claiming Tewodros to be qimant? Really? I ain’t sure.

ይህ የቴዎድሮስ ግጥም ሌላ ያወራል

አገው ነህ ወይስ ሺናሻ
ቅማንት ነህ ወይስ ፈላሻ
ስምህ የሆነብኝ ግርሻ
Sadacha Macca wrote:

simbe11

Post by simbe11 » 11 Jan 2020, 21:20

As we all know Aderkay/Adi Arkey is in Gondar, no need to try to deceive me.
But, even if he was born in Tigray not necessarily he is Tigrayan.

Aboy Halefom,
Take 23andme test to figure out where you’re really from.
Halafi Mengedi wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 21:08
The reason the Qimant saying is he was in Qura the qimant region they claim now but Tewedrow was born in Tembien and he was in Adi Arkay in his childhood the Tembien province and then went to Qura and his kingdom was.

simbe11 wrote:

ይህ የቴዎድሮስ ግጥም ሌላ ያወራል

አገው ነህ ወይስ ሺናሻ
ቅማንት ነህ ወይስ ፈላሻ
ስምህ የሆነብኝ ግርሻ
Sadacha Macca wrote:

Abere

Post by Abere » 11 Jan 2020, 21:28

ከሰማይ በታች ያለው ሁሉ የወያኔ - ሁሉ ኬኛ የንዑሰ -ንዑሳን የትግራይ ወያኔ ብቻ። እውነትም የቀንጅብ። የእናንተ ብቻ የሆነው ግብረሰዶሙ ወንደ-ሴት ጌታቸው አሰፋ እና በድንጋጤ የበደነው የዕንቁላል ጠባሽ ባኒ ጋጋሪው ልጅ ለገሠ ዜናዊ ነው። ለመሆኑ አማራ ካልተከተላችሁ መቼ ጦርነት ድል አድርጋችሁ ታውቃላችሁ።

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 11 Jan 2020, 21:55

simbe11 wrote:

ይህ የቴዎድሮስ ግጥም ሌላ ያወራል

አገው ነህ ወይስ ሺናሻ
ቅማንት ነህ ወይስ ፈላሻ
ስምህ የሆነብኝ ግርሻ
Sadacha Macca wrote:

''Kassa [Tewodros] was born about the year 1820 in the land of Quara, in the extreme west of Abyssinia; his mother-tongue was doubtless the non-Semitic Agau there prevalent, and it is probable tat his blood was mainly Agau.
His origin was not low, as has sometimes been asserted; his father, Hailu or Haila Maryam, was a great noble, and for some time ruled Quara, in the capacity of governor, for his powerful brother Kenfu.
Kasa's mother, however, seems to have been of humble condition.
As the loosest kind of polygamy prevails among the nobles of Abyssinia, it is impossible for them to take very great care of all their offspring.''

Sketches from Eastern History
By Theodor Nöldeke, pg 260

''Despite its long history, Amharic really only became the written language of Ethiopia from the 2nd half of the 19th century onwards, when Emperor Theodore/Tewodros actively encouraged its use in the government bureaucracy.
Prior to that, though, there are some examples of written Amharic going back some 600 years.''

Colloquial Amharic: A Complete Course for Beginners
By David L. Appleyard, pg 2

''Amharic became the language of official Ethiopian historiography at the time of Theodore II (1855-1868). From this time imperial legal acts begin to be recorded in this language.''

The Role of Land Tenure in the System of Ethiopean Imperial Government in Modern Times
By: Joanna Mantel-Niecko, page 36

I can bring more references if needed, kind sir.

Abere

Post by Abere » 11 Jan 2020, 22:24

የዐፄ ቴዎድሮስ ታሪክ እኮ አጨቃጫቂ አይደለም - የልጅ ልጆቹ በህይወት አሉ። ስለዚህ እነርሱ መናገር ይችላሉ። እኔ የማውቀው ግን የአፄ ቴዎድሮስ ወላጅ እናት ወሎ አማራ ሳይንት ሰው ናቸው።

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 12 Jan 2020, 01:37

Abere wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 22:24
የዐፄ ቴዎድሮስ ታሪክ እኮ አጨቃጫቂ አይደለም - የልጅ ልጆቹ በህይወት አሉ። ስለዚህ እነርሱ መናገር ይችላሉ። እኔ የማውቀው ግን የአፄ ቴዎድሮስ ወላጅ እናት ወሎ አማራ ሳይንት ሰው ናቸው።
The Tigray slave Amharu even called Menelik the descendant of Queen saba, she is from Tembien Suqurti her kingdom was in Axum because the founder of Axumite kingdom were by ten Tembien priests led by Aba Selima the first king of Axumite kingdom. Menelik meant he was the descendant of Axumite kingdom slave who was sent to the south with the language Tigrayans created Amharic because they did not want their slaves to speak Tigrigna, this story is true.

This is where Axumite kingdom and Tigray civilization started.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 12 Jan 2020, 04:14

Andertan wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 19:54
Dejazmatch Elfeyos Hellawe, son of Dejazmatch Hellawe Arzu Sebentu, an alleged descendant of Emperor Sayfa Arad I, of the Solomonic line. He had a son

1) H.E. Dejazmatch Wolde Giyorgis Elfeyos. Governor of Qwara and Dembiya, in Begameder (Gondar). m. Woizero Nachit, daughter of Woizero Walatta Selassie, daughter of Dilamo. He had issue, a son:
a) H.E. Dejazmatch Hailu Wolde Giyorgis. Governor of Qwara. m. (first) (div.) Woizero Walatta Takla (m. second, Dejazmatch Andawa Libo, of Amhara), daughter of Hailu Niblu, by his wife, Woizero Altash, sister of Dejazmatch Maru, of Dembiya. m. (second) Woizero Attitigeb (b. at Lijambra, Talya, in Damot; d. after 1840), daughter of Dejazmatch Wand Bawosen, of Damot, by his wife, Woizero Tessal, a lady of Royal descent. He d. ca. 1820, having had issue, four sons:
i) H.E. Dejazmatch Kinfu Hailu. b. ca. 1800 (s/o Walatta Takla). Governor of Qwara, Dembiya, and Tchelga 1831-1839. m. a niece of H.H. Ras Mariye, Viceroy of the Empire and Governor of Begameder. He was k. at the Battle of Qunzla, 4th October 1839 (bur. Fanja), having had issue:
(1) Lij Yilma Kinfu. b. ca. 1821. He d. young, from a fall from a horse, at Quoratsa, 1840.
(2) Lij Makonnen Kinfu. He was k. in battle, 1856.
(3) Lij Yohannes Kinfu. He was k. before 1860.
(4) Lij Garrad Kinfu. Rebelled against his uncle and killed the British Consul, Walter Chichele Plowden, in February 1860. He was k. (executed on the orders of Emperor Tewodros II), at Waldebba, September 1860, having had issue, a son:
(a) 'Abdu'l Rahman. Fl. 1889
(1) Woizero Wishan*. m. Dejazmatch Yilma Asfaw, a noble of Begameder. She had issue, two daughters:
(a) Woizero Warqenas [Worqenesh Yilma]. m. John Bell [Lika Makwas Yohannes] (k. by Garrad Kinfu, while defending the Emperor, September 1860), entered the service of Ras 'Ali and appointed to the rank of Basha (Captain) by him, Lika Makwas and Court Chamberlain to Emperor Tewodoros II. She had issue, one son and two daughters

iii) Ras Kassa Hailu, who ascended the throne as H.M. Tewodoros II, Elect of God and King of Kings of Ethiopia (s/o Woizero Attitigeb) - see below.
iv) Dejazmatch Andawa Hailu (s/o Walatta Takla). He was k. at the Battle of Qunzla, 4th October 1839.
i) Woizero Walatta Worq. b. ca. 1824. m. …(d. before 2nd March 1866). She was affianced by Emperor Tewodros to Mons. M.G. Lejean, the French Envoy Ext. & Min. Plen. to Ethiopia, who had been kept by him as an open prisoner, but who fled to France, his only means of escaping the marriage.
ii) Woizero Yosefa. m. ca. 1856, Ras Sabagadis (b. 1842; k. on the orders of his brother-in-law, ca. 1859), youngest son of H.E. Ras Wube Haile Mariam, Prince of Tigray - see Ethiopia (Tigray).
* The connecion given here is based on the articles in the Encyclopaedia Aethiopia, but are evidently based on the family traditions of the claimed European descendants. However, several problems exist with the chronology of events, the age differences between supposed relatives, and the political differences between supposed close family members. I give the genealogy here as a matter of general interest.
1855 - 1868 H.M. Emperor Tewodoros II [Abba Tataq], Elect of God and King of Kings of Ethiopia. b. at Sharghe, Qwara, ca. 1818, as Lij Kassa Hailu, youngest son of Dejazmatch Hailu Wolde-Giyorgis, sometime Governor of Qwara, by his second wife Woizero Attitigeb, educ. at a Monastery. Baptised as Selassie Barea. Appointed as Governor of Qwara by Empress Menen in 1839, he rebelled against her in 1845, invaded and pillaged Dembiya in October 1846, conquered Gondar in January 1847, defeated and captured the Empress 18th June 1847 but was promoted and granted the personal title of Dejazmatch on releasing her in August that year. Recognised as his heir by his father-in-law, Ras 'Ali Alula, January 1848. Assumed the title of Ras immediately after his victory at Gur Amba, 27th November 1852. Pursued, fought and finally defeated Ras 'Ali Alula Tekku at Ayshal, 29th June 1853. Proclaimed as Negus at Amba Chera, 19th September 1854. Defeated Ras Wube at the battle of Dirasge, captured and deposed Emperor Sahle Dengal, and proclaimed himself Emperor, 8th February 1855. Crowned as Emperor Tewodoros II, at the Church of the Virgin Mary at Dirasge, 9th February 1855. m. (first) (div.) (Woizero Engeda Worq?), a daughter of Dejazmatch Birru Goshu, sometime Governor of Qwara, Dembiya, and Tchelga, by his wife, Woizero Yawubdar, daughter of Dejazmatch Sahlu. m. (second) January 1848 (civil) and at Amba Chera, 18th September 1854 (relig.) H.M. Empress (Itege) Tewabech (b. 1830; d. at Magdala, 19th August 1858), daughter of H.H. Ras 'Ali Alula Tekku, sometime Viceroy of Ethiopia, Governor of Gojjam and Begameder. m. (third) February 1860 (div. 1861), H.M. Empress (Itege) Terunish [Turan Worq] (d. at Aikullet, during the withrawal of British forces from Magdala, 15th May 1868; bur. Selassie Monastery, Cheliqot, Tigray), daughter of Ras Wube Haile Mariam, Governor of Tigray and Semien, by his fourth wife, Woizero Lekiyaye. m. (a) after 1861, Iqubat Yetemagnu [Tamano], a widow from Yajju. m. (b) Woizero Averash, widow of Tasfa Seyun, and daughter of Kassa. m. (c) either Woizero Laketch or Woizero Taitu, one of the elder daughters of H.E. Ras Adilu, of Wollo-Wagessa, He k. himself at Magdala, 13th April 1868 (bur. ther at the Medhane Alem Church, reinturred at the Mahbere Selassie Convent, Qwara), having had issue, six sons and three daughters:
1) H.H. Ras Engeda. b. 1841 (s/o Engeda Worq, or Tewabech), educ. privately. He was k. at Magdala, 13th April 1868, having had issue, three sons:
a) …b. 1854. Taken prisoner by the British in 1868.
b) …b. 1855. Taken prisoner by the British in 1868.
c) …b. 1856. Taken prisoner by the British in 1868. Copyright© Christopher Buyers
2) H.H. Ras Mashasha Tewodoros. b. ca. 1848 (s/o Tewabech), educ. privately. Instrumental in engineering the escape of Emperor Menelik II from confinement at Magdala, 30th June 1865. Governor of Qwara, and Dembiya 1861-1868, and 1889. Granted the personal title of Dejazmatch by his father 1861, and prom. to Ras by Emperor Menelik II. He had issue, a son:
a) H.E. Dejazmatch Kassa Mashasha. Governor of Gondar.
3) H.H. Prince Alamayu Simyen Tewodoros. b. at Magdala, 23rd April 1861 (s/o Empress Terunesh), educ. Rugby and RMC, Sandhurst. Granted the personal title of Dejazmatch by his father at birth. He d. unm. at Headingley, Leeds, Yorkshire, 14th November 1879 (bur. St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, Berks.).
4) Lij Haile Mariam [Hailu] Tewodoros
(s/o a secondary wife).
5) Lij Yimam Tewodoros (s/o Laketch or Taitu).
6) Lij Tesemma Dengat Tewodoros (s/o a secondary wife).
1) Woizero Altash (d/o a secondary wife). m. (first) at Magdala, January 1864 (div. 1865), H.I.M. Emperor Menelik II, By the grace of God, King of Kings of Ethiopia, GCB, GCMG (b. at Ankobar, Shoa, 17th August 1844; d. at the Menelik Palace, Addis Ababa, 12th December 1913, bur. at the Kidane Meheret Church, and later transferred to The Taeka Negest, Ba'eta Le Mariam Monastery Church, Addis Ababa, in 1917), only son of H.M. Negus Haile Malakot, King of Shoa, by Ejigayehu, daughter of Tarreqe, from Motatit, in Manz. m. (second) H.E. Ras Bariaw Pawlos, Prince (Mesfin) of Tigray. She d. ca. October 1890 - see Ethiopia (Shoa) and Ethiopia (Tigray).
2) Woizero … (d/o a secondary wife).
3) Woizero … (d/o a secondary wife). m. Lij Alama Gwalu.

https://www.royalark.net/Ethiopia/tewodros.htm
One thing,he was born the same year Queen Victoria was born,she was partly the cause of his death.