Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Awash
Senior Member+

Re: The power of Tamirat Negera Feyisa in changing the agenda single-handedly!

Post by Awash » 08 Jan 2020, 23:56

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Zmeselo wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 23:53
ከዳዕ ያ ከዳዕ

Awash wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 23:49
Fandiya,
Maan lai hona ma'an tamalech.
ማን ላይ ሆና ማ'ን ታማለች
Fed_Up wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 22:30
kalnekun anenekam kenekun anleqem. I guarantee you he will have no studio. I disregard his mental problem... f@k his mental sh!t. We will treat him like healthy man.

As we all know “Segèra” belong to underground. Who let the Segèra out?

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 09 Jan 2020, 00:04

YOYO,
Out of the 1 million Ethiopians in the diaspora, 100K to 200 K of them sympathize with his position. (Maybe more). If 20K support him, he will be well into becoming the NY Times of Ethiopia. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: (Not to mention the 113 million Ethiopians in the country)
But, then again, what do you know about Free Press anyway. :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:
YAY wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 23:56
Dear Revelations: Free speech is free speech, and people have freedom to act (support or oppose)

Individual liberties to communicate and act are respected freedoms, but society could suspend or limit these freedoms if they have negative consequences. Calling to shut down a GoFundMe effort is also a legitimate right. Why are you defending Tamerat's right to free speech and opposing others' right to free speech against him? Is it because you support his proposal or fund raising efforts,or something else?

Revelations wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 23:34
Definitely you too are entitled to free speech. Is anyone calling to shutdown your efforts to build a studio in Asmara by fundraising via Gofundme? That crosses the line if they are! Or worse, is anyone threatening you for your opinions? They shouldn't.

YAY wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 23:25
Dear Revelations: If Tamerat Negera Feyisa has the right to free speech, why are you questioning Eritreans using the same right

Tamerat Negera Feyisa is propagating the use of "the law of the jungle", nothing less and nothing more. The law of the jungle is a principle/desire that a person (or group or nation) tries to achieve own interests by any means (often by brute force, or action restricted by no other law) and disregarding the other party's interests and humanity. Tamerat is an individual, and he claims that he he does not care about Eritrea or Eritreans, and all he is interested about is, in his proposal, disregarding all rights to Eritrea(ns). I am wandering why you seem surprised by Eritreans commenting on his discourse and using their rights to free speech, and express their opinions.

So far, he might be operating as an individualor a member of a group. Do you know? Now he is talking about national interests, couldn't you imagine that he could use the same principle against Etiyopiyans too? He seems not to care about mutual interests or peaceful coexistence. Don't you think that he,based on his principle, would bully anybody if he has the power to do so?

So far, he is talking and Eritreans and Etiyopiyans are responding (for or against his statements). But if he starts acting on his principle of "the law of the jungle", he should realize that Eritreans and/or Etiyopiyans do have an equal right of utilizing "the law of the jungle" against him to defend their rights.
Revelations wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 20:12
Zmeselo wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 18:02
This is a mentally sick individual (witnessed by his Dr), that for some reason was given a platform to vent his demons out. Therein, lies the problem. Otherwise, like Tesfay G/ab said, he's inconsequential. Believe me, inside Eritrea, the answer is: "Tamerat who?"
Then why are Eris that use social media obsessed with his every word? He's one individual who has the right to express his opinion if free speech is allowed. Unless there's uneasiness with the official peace deal, why are Eritreans in the diaspora dedicating so much time for what one person says?
Last edited by Awash on 09 Jan 2020, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 09 Jan 2020, 00:05

ጋዕጋዕ ያ ጋዕጋዕ! :lol:
Awash wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:
ከዳዕ ያ ከዳዕ

Awash wrote:
Fandiya,
ማን ላይ ሆና ማ'ን ታማለች
Fed_Up wrote:
kalnekun anenekam kenekun anleqem. I guarantee you he will have no studio. I disregard his mental problem... f@k his mental sh!t. We will treat him like healthy man.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 09 Jan 2020, 00:12

Zmeselo wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 00:05
Awash wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:
ከዳዕ ያ ከዳዕ

Awash wrote:
Fandiya,
ማን ላይ ሆና ማ'ን ታማለች
Fed_Up wrote:

pastlast

Post by pastlast » 09 Jan 2020, 00:20

Last edited by pastlast on 09 Jan 2020, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 09 Jan 2020, 00:25

Pastlast,
I was getting thru the thick skull of ugum shabo stooges. Edit your post and keep one of the pics.
Thanks.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 09 Jan 2020, 00:32

Weak!
Awash wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 00:12
Zmeselo wrote:
Awash wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:
ከዳዕ ያ ከዳዕ

Awash wrote:
Fandiya,
ማን ላይ ሆና ማ'ን ታማለች
Fed_Up wrote:

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 09 Jan 2020, 00:34

Nah! Just seeking attention, as a puppy.

Get a room, with the pervert. Leroy, has left him. :lol:
Awash wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 00:25
Pastlast,
I was getting thru the thick skull of ugum shabo stooges. Edit your post and keep one of the pics.
Thanks.

YAY

Post by YAY » 09 Jan 2020, 00:42

Dear Awash: How did you know how many people sympathize with his position or support him?

You did not say if it was your guess or has a credible source.
You might know more about freedom of speech than I do,but you did not display that you do. My point was, to Revelations, that freedom of speech is equally respected to proponents or opponents of an idea. Respect both,but at the same time freedom of speech is not an absolute freedom. Society or government has the right to suspend or put limitations on such freedoms, given certain circumstances and situations. Have a good day.
Awash wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 00:04
YOYO,
Out of the 1 million Ethiopians in the diaspora, 100K to 200 K of them sympathize with his position. (Maybe more). If 20K support him, he will be well into becoming the NY Times of Ethiopia. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: (Not to mention the 113 million Ethiopians in the country)
But, then again, what do you know about Free Press anyway. :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:
YAY wrote:
Dear Revelations: Free speech is free speech, and people have freedom to act (support or oppose)

Individual liberties to communicate and act are respected freedoms, but society could suspend or limit these freedoms if they have negative consequences. Calling to shut down a GoFundMe effort is also a legitimate right. Why are you defending Tamerat's right to free speech and opposing others' right to free speech against him? Is it because you support his proposal or fund raising efforts,or something else?

Revelations wrote:
Definitely you too are entitled to free speech. Is anyone calling to shutdown your efforts to build a studio in Asmara by fundraising via Gofundme? That crosses the line if they are! Or worse, is anyone threatening you for your opinions? They shouldn't.

YAY wrote:
Dear Revelations: If Tamerat Negera Feyisa has the right to free speech, why are you questioning Eritreans using the same right

Tamerat Negera Feyisa is propagating the use of "the law of the jungle", nothing less and nothing more. The law of the jungle is a principle/desire that a person (or group or nation) tries to achieve own interests by any means (often by brute force, or action restricted by no other law) and disregarding the other party's interests and humanity. Tamerat is an individual, and he claims that he he does not care about Eritrea or Eritreans, and all he is interested about is, in his proposal, disregarding all rights to Eritrea(ns). I am wandering why you seem surprised by Eritreans commenting on his discourse and using their rights to free speech, and express their opinions.

So far, he might be operating as an individualor a member of a group. Do you know? Now he is talking about national interests, couldn't you imagine that he could use the same principle against Etiyopiyans too? He seems not to care about mutual interests or peaceful coexistence. Don't you think that he,based on his principle, would bully anybody if he has the power to do so?

So far, he is talking and Eritreans and Etiyopiyans are responding (for or against his statements). But if he starts acting on his principle of "the law of the jungle", he should realize that Eritreans and/or Etiyopiyans do have an equal right of utilizing "the law of the jungle" against him to defend their rights.
Revelations wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 18:02
This is a mentally sick individual (witnessed by his Dr), that for some reason was given a platform to vent his demons out. Therein, lies the problem. Otherwise, like Tesfay G/ab said, he's inconsequential. Believe me, inside Eritrea, the answer is: "Tamerat who?"
Then why are Eris that use social media obsessed with his every word? He's one individual who has the right to express his opinion if free speech is allowed. Unless there's uneasiness with the official peace deal, why are Eritreans in the diaspora dedicating so much time for what one person says?

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 09 Jan 2020, 00:56

:lol: :mrgreen:
Deqi komarit,
I'm loving it. :lol: : :mrgreen:
Please wait, video is loading...
Zmeselo wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 00:32
Weak!
Awash wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 00:12
Zmeselo wrote:
ጋዕጋዕ ያ ጋዕጋዕ!
Awash wrote:
:lol: :mrgreen::
Zmeselo wrote:
ከዳዕ ያ ከዳዕ

Awash wrote:
Fandiya,
ማን ላይ ሆና ማ'ን ታማለች

Zreal

Post by Zreal » 09 Jan 2020, 01:06

Awash wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 00:56
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 09 Jan 2020, 01:25

It's tragic, isn't it? To have a gallant people who sacrificed so, so much for something so noble to be reduced to this because of one savage wedi komarit and his stooges. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Zreal wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 01:06
Awash wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 00:56
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 09 Jan 2020, 01:42

YOYO,
Believe you me. This is a conservative estimate. I know; I grew up with Ethiopians.
But first, go preach to the Agame junta about free speech and free press before you come here and try to tell people about it.
YAY wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 00:42
Dear Awash: How did you know how many people sympathize with his position or support him?

You did not say if it was your guess or has a credible source.
You might know more about freedom of speech than I do,but you did not display that you do. My point was, to Revelations, that freedom of speech is equally respected to proponents or opponents of an idea. Respect both,but at the same time freedom of speech is not an absolute freedom. Society or government has the right to suspend or put limitations on such freedoms, given certain circumstances and situations. Have a good day.
Awash wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 00:04
YOYO,
YAY wrote:

Revelations wrote:

YAY wrote:

Revelations wrote:

pastlast

Post by pastlast » 09 Jan 2020, 01:46

PFDJ members are Friends with Tamirat in person but acting against him here...which of these PFDJ clowns is Schitmeselo? Nah Schitmeselo is too old

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 09 Jan 2020, 02:10

I don't understand why some Eritreans and those E/TPLF cadres and the rest mentally deranged Amara/Tigre etc. are distressed with Tamerat's view.

IMO, if you scratch Ethiopians head you'll read Tamerat's view on most of them deep inside; we all talk politically correct way these days and that is fine but, deep down inside we know E/TPLF defrauded us all along. That is a fact!

Nevertheless, Ethiopians claiming Eritrea like Tamerat should be looked at as harmless; it is a kind of feeling that most of us carry but, wouldn't act on it any more. We've been there done that! I say, most would take and prefer a fair and square negotiated settlement between Dr. Abiy and PIA.

If the PM gets a mileage out of the settlement as Rev pointed out, so be it!

The feeling on Eritrea, comes from our love for Eritreans in addition to our claim of our historical ports and past glory. In the beginning, there was even a time where TPLF displayed in its major publications "Adulis" as Tigrai's historical sea outlet; that was abandoned later by the opportunists for political reasons. Later on, after becoming the government of Ethiopia, EPRDF signed off to land lock Ethiopia. That was a disgrace!

Meles may be praised for starting a "developmental state" in the African setting, at the same time shall be remembered for eternity land locking our country.

So, it is our view that Eritrea is part of Ethiopia because we knew it in our life time. There wasn't a country called Eritrea before 1993. Djibouti, Sudan, Kenya and Somalia are not the same so don't tell us that crap.

Those neighbors of ours I mentioned, for one, won't dare shelter dozens of Ethiopian oppositions, feeding them, training full fledged gorilla armies in their territories; Eritrea does that because she is part of that bigger nation. if our neighbors do same, they will likely be disintegrated like Somalia period.

Tamerat was saying Eritrea shouldn't be capable of ever doing that from now on. That is the responsibility of a big nation like Ethiopia to stop it. He is right! Again,that can be negotiated between Dr. Abiy and PIA.

Having said that, Tamerat's view that Ethiopia should view Eritrea like China views Taiwan is logical. There is nothing wrong with that! I also find his criticism of Menelik very fascinating. :P

Cheers!
Revelations wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 14:08
In the last few days folks are not discussing the fate of the upcoming elections, the progress of peace deal with Eritrea and the ongoing military campaign in Wolega. That's how much influence Tamirat Negera Feyisa has wielded single-handedly and Abiy Ahimed Ali reaps all the benefits!

Last edited by Dawi on 09 Jan 2020, 03:01, edited 1 time in total.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 09 Jan 2020, 02:20

Aurorae wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 23:26
Revu,

The moatha Negara is not only against Eritreans. I hear that he wants to diminish the querros using bullets :lol: :lol: :lol: His days may be numbered if he wishes to bring the dergue back using force. :lol: :lol: The weyanes perhaps are watching his ugly behind too. :twisted:
Why are you talking only about this person,look at what Revelations is writing here,for them,we don't exist.They don't accept two nations living in peace.I want to live to be happy,I like Eritrean unionists,it is their right in democracy,like it was in the federation time though force was used at last.
Last edited by Degnet on 09 Jan 2020, 02:23, edited 1 time in total.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 09 Jan 2020, 02:22

All this commotion over what some random person said on some random youtube channel.. yikes.

Hurt feelings of some Eritreans aside, he is absolutely right that it is a real issue for Ethiopians to have a national dialog about, especially during a campaign season. Both on the problem and the solutions. The part I have an issue with start with his framing of the problem followed by his proposed solutions. I'm not considering any historic claims or capabilities. I'd leave that to actual historians and diplomats.

His doomsday framing of the port access issue is very overstated. Although he correctly points out that not having our own ports places something of a tax on all our trade, he doesn't know or fails to mention that this tax is easily offset by positioning ourselves for optimal trade routes instead of ownership of any access point. Meaning, it is more cost effective to work on the location and buildup of factories to be close to their destinations rather than place them all over the country and spend time, fuel and money on labor moving all of the goods to one access point. The same equation works for our import needs. After all, it is a big country with a spread-out demography and rough terrain so inland transportation costs will pale in comparison to any fees for port access.

While it is also tempting to look at the raw figure of what we spend on such access and start freaking out, it is important to note; these fees are largely exempt from volatile market forces unlike fuel and labor costs.

Diversification of ports also gives us options when any access point becomes unavailable for whatever reason (diplomatic, economic or natural disaster). If we just have one owned access point or one corridor for everything, all an enemy has to do is blow it up or occupy it and we are cut off from the world anyway. You don't have to look much further for this than Yemen where they have all the coastline one could possibly need but for the longest time their key ports were controlled by opposition forces who were themselves blockaded by the Saudis so nothing could come in the country and everyone suffered.

Currently we have a total of 7 port deals targeting both north and south without even including Eritrea. Coupled with the fact that we have indispensable trade links and strong diplomatic ties with these countries (equally harmful for them if severed on their end) I can't think of any scenario where we run out of options.

Anyway once he's done hyping up the problem the way he did, the only solution he presents for it is an adversarial one. This probably comes from his lack of ability to imagine better alternatives. Or he's just saying it deliberately because of some other agenda. I don't know. Either way, he could just examine Djibouti and Ethiopia's solid trade links which resulted in shared prosperity and a symbiotic relationship for both parties. Because of this relationship, any issues of concern are now handled by both parties with great care and responsibility. No one has to isolate or sanction anyone.

We also have a very strong bond with Kenya that has outlasted multiple governments and revolutions. A richer and happier Ethiopia is a boon for Kenya's economy and security. They know this very well and work very hard towards it. That is something we can also replicate with Eritrea. All that's required is for such doomsday people on both ends to step away from arguments of who needs to be the boss of whom.

There isn't even a reason to entertain such talk before we've failed at replicating ties that were provably built with others. But all this is assuming everything he said are his actual thoughts and not something said for political gain. Because on the surface it smells a lot like a TPLF and Team Jawar collab.

But anyway I have to admit it's been very funny watching the Eritrean meltdown..

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 09 Jan 2020, 02:31

opmerc wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 02:22
All this commotion over what some random person said on some random youtube channel.. yikes.

Hurt feelings of some Eritreans aside, he is absolutely right that it is a real issue for Ethiopians to have a national dialog about, especially during a campaign season. Both on the problem and the solutions. The part I have an issue with start with his framing of the problem followed by his proposed solutions. I'm not considering any historic claims or capabilities. I'd leave that to actual historians and diplomats.

His doomsday framing of the port access issue is very overstated. Although he correctly points out that not having our own ports places something of a tax on all our trade, he doesn't know or fails to mention that this tax is easily offset by positioning ourselves for optimal trade routes instead of ownership of any access point. Meaning, it is more cost effective to work on the location and buildup of factories to be close to their destinations rather than place them all over the country and spend time, fuel and money on labor moving all of the goods to one access point. The same equation works for our import needs. After all, it is a big country with a spread-out demography and rough terrain so inland transportation costs will pale in comparison to any fees for port access.

While it is also tempting to look at the raw figure of what we spend on such access and start freaking out, it is important to note; these fees are largely exempt from volatile market forces unlike fuel and labor costs.

Diversification of ports also gives us options when any access point becomes unavailable for whatever reason (diplomatic, economic or natural disaster). If we just have one owned access point or one corridor for everything, all an enemy has to do is blow it up or occupy it and we are cut off from the world anyway. You don't have to look much further for this than Yemen where they have all the coastline one could possibly need but for the longest time their key ports were controlled by opposition forces who were themselves blockaded by the Saudis so nothing could come in the country and everyone suffered.

Currently we have a total of 7 port deals targeting both north and south without even including Eritrea. Coupled with the fact that we have indispensable trade links and strong diplomatic ties with these countries (equally harmful for them if severed on their end) I can't think of any scenario where we run out of options.

Anyway once he's done hyping up the problem the way he did, the only solution he presents for it is an adversarial one. This probably comes from his lack of ability to imagine better alternatives. Or he's just saying it deliberately because of some other agenda. I don't know. Either way, he could just examine Djibouti and Ethiopia's solid trade links which resulted in shared prosperity and a symbiotic relationship for both parties. Because of this relationship, any issues of concern are now handled by both parties with great care and responsibility. No one has to isolate or sanction anyone.

We also have a very strong bond with Kenya that has outlasted multiple governments and revolutions. A richer and happier Ethiopia is a boon for Kenya's economy and security. They know this very well and work very hard towards it. That is something we can also replicate with Eritrea. All that's required is for such doomsday people on both ends to step away from arguments of who needs to be the boss of whom.

There isn't even a reason to entertain such talk before we've failed at replicating ties that were provably built with others. But all this is assuming everything he said are his actual thoughts and not something said for political gain. Because on the surface it smells a lot like a TPLF and Team Jawar collab.

But anyway I have to admit it's been very funny watching the Eritrean meltdown..
Melkam neger ketsafk be melkam cheresew,people are heart broken by all what the hear and read.TPLF ena cadres yalkew le gizew bikoy teru neber,mekniatum hail hulu gize be temaru eji new.Lehulum gen endet des blogn endanebebkut.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 09 Jan 2020, 02:50

Degnet wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 02:31
Melkam neger ketsafk be melkam cheresew,people are heart broken by all what the hear and read.TPLF ena cadres yalkew le gizew bikoy teru neber,mekniatum hail hulu gize be temaru eji new.Lehulum gen endet des blogn endanebebkut.
It's all melkam, don't worry. I don't accuse TPLF of everything. Just things it has been caught doing and openly admits to every chance it gets.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 09 Jan 2020, 03:08

Please wait, video is loading...