Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Sadacha Macca

What happened when haile selassie the coward made peace with waqo gutu the oromo lion?! in 1970

Post by Sadacha Macca » 29 Dec 2019, 22:34

When Waqo Gutu made peace with Haile Selassie after the 1963-1970 Bale rebellion ended:

''The fighting eventually came to a halt after a peace deal was signed with the Haile Selassie regime. After the deal was signed, Haile Selassie made a visit to Waaqos home region in Dallo Baale. Haile Selassie would later ask Waaqoo, “when I came to Dallo, why didn’t you come and greet me?”. Waaqo replied “I am the ruler of Dallo, and you are the ruler of Shawa therefore when you come to my house, you come and see me.” Such was the contempt he had for a Haile Selassie, a man who could not fight his own battle a day in his life.''

Yakume
Member+

Re: What happened when haile selassie the coward made peace with waqo gutu the oromo lion?! in 1970

Post by Yakume » 31 Dec 2019, 18:51

There was no agreement but General Waqo Gutu surrendered to the Ethiopian government and was given a big villa in Addis Ababa and treated well by his Oromo brother Haile Selassie. The local Oromo peasants lost tens of thousands of hectares, which was redistributed to Orthodox Christian settlers who moved down from the north and had fought against the rebels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waqo_Gutu

However, can share the agreement please.

TGAA
Member+

Re: What happened when haile selassie the coward made peace with waqo gutu the oromo lion?! in 1970

Post by TGAA » 31 Dec 2019, 19:01

Is that your daughter who wrote this fairytale? Don't try to concact heroism where there is none.

tolcha

Post by tolcha » 31 Dec 2019, 19:44

Sadacha Macca wrote:
29 Dec 2019, 22:34
When Waqo Gutu made peace with Haile Selassie after the 1963-1970 Bale rebellion ended:

''The fighting eventually came to a halt after a peace deal was signed with the Haile Selassie regime. After the deal was signed, Haile Selassie made a visit to Waaqos home region in Dallo Baale. Haile Selassie would later ask Waaqoo, “when I came to Dallo, why didn’t you come and greet me?”. Waaqo replied “I am the ruler of Dallo, and you are the ruler of Shawa therefore when you come to my house, you come and see me.” Such was the contempt he had for a Haile Selassie, a man who could not fight his own battle a day in his life.''

Do I really care?

Bete Gojjam

Post by Bete Gojjam » 31 Dec 2019, 19:54

Bantu subhuman homeless wahabi you are fooling no one everyone knows your a jihadist from Saudi Arabia except they never filled your subhuman qeruoash pockets

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 31 Dec 2019, 22:21

agame trolls above: like it or not, haile selassie was not a warrior as his father, ras makonnen GUDISA, was.
and many, many oromos hate him, like it or not. somalis aren't too fond of him either for his aggressive amhara-ization policy there.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 31 Dec 2019, 23:17

Your hero doesn't have time to be one he was Capuleting like a rabbit every three months . He had 17 girs and 20 boys... Do you think he got time to be a hero? I know you are is search of one,but your so called hero was Siadbares shoes shiner.. to compare a ragtag Somali's massager boy with Hailselasse shows your unevolved understanding of history.

Andertan

Post by Andertan » 31 Dec 2019, 23:22

Mekonnen Wolde Mikael Wolde Melekot (May 8, 1852 – March 21, 1906), or simply Ras Makonnen, was a Shewan Amhara royal from Menz, grandson of the Shewan Amhara king Sahle Selassie of Shoa, a military leader, the governor of Harar province in Ethiopia, and the father of Tafari Mäkonnen (later known as Emperor Haile Selassie I). His father was Fitawrari[nb 2] Makonnen was a grandson of Negus[nb 3] Sahle Selassie of Shewa through his mother, Leult[nb 4] Tenagnework Sahle Selassie. As such, he was a first cousin of the Ethiopian Emperor, Menelik II.
Sadacha Macca wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 22:21
agame trolls above: like it or not, haile selassie was not a warrior as his father, ras makonnen GUDISA, was.
and many, many oromos hate him, like it or not. somalis aren't too fond of him either for his aggressive amhara-ization policy there.
I am Agame and Haile Selassie Father wasn't Gudisa you just faked history something historyless oromos do because of there inferiority complex toward the Geez Writing Amharas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makonnen_Wolde_Mikael

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 01 Jan 2020, 17:47

TGAA wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 23:17
Your hero doesn't have time to be one he was Capuleting like a rabbit every three months . He had 17 girs and 20 boys... Do you think he got time to be a hero? I know you are is search of one,but your so called hero was Siadbares shoes shiner.. to compare a ragtag Somali's massager boy with Hailselasse shows your unevolved understanding of history.
is that why the coward haile selassie had to beg the white men for help to fight the oromos who only got old rifles and training/medical aid from somalia?
he had time to obviously led a rebellion that had 95 percent or more, of bale, in his armies hands.
siad barre gave him some old rifles, military training, and medical aid; that's literally all he got.
meanwhile haile selassie the midget begged the white man for advanced arms, training, and more, just to fight the oromos and somalis there.
everyone knows haile selassie was the white man's puppet in the region.
that's why no one cared when mengistu killed haile selassie and put his remains under a toilet.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 01 Jan 2020, 20:01

Sadacha,Sadacha.... Of all Oromo Ethiopians you picked up this siadbara's mercenary as an Oromo hero.You can fool the gullible Oromos who believe everything you throw at them. When Siadbares inveded Ethopia he was used as a lead of Obo....and provide training. He was simply saidbar's shoe shiner. Do you know when General Amedom marched towards Mekodesho it was Haile Selassie who order him to reverse course..are you sain to think Hailselasse needed a white man's to dislodge your ragtag Somali mercenary? Try to be believable.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 02 Jan 2020, 02:30

TGAA wrote:
01 Jan 2020, 20:01
Sadacha,Sadacha.... Of all Oromo Ethiopians you picked up this siadbara's mercenary as an Oromo hero.You can fool the gullible Oromos who believe everything you throw at them. When Siadbares inveded Ethopia he was used as a lead of Obo....and provide training. He was simply saidbar's shoe shiner. Do you know when General Amedom marched towards Mekodesho it was Haile Selassie who order him to reverse course..are you sain to think Hailselasse needed a white man's to dislodge your ragtag Somali mercenary? Try to be believable.

go to anywhere in oromia and they will tell u he's our collective hero.
he fought against an oppressive system and government that exploited oromos, kept them poor, and under-educated on purpose.

siad barre didn't do much for waqo. you are exaggerating as usual.
a few old rifles and military training isn't him being some mercenary.
and if haile selassie can beg the white man for military aid, to suppress and oppress oromos and others, then those same oppressed people can ask neighbors for military aid to even the playing field, and fight back!
and you have no one to blame but the exploitative and oppressive system of haile selassie, who were over taxing and oppressing the oromos especially in bale, which led to the revolution that he had to beg the white man for help to put down and even then it took 7 years.

1978 and the first ogaden skirmish/war are two separate event. we know what happened in the 2nd one, it took russia, cuba, yemen, and more, to save the weak ethiopian army who ran away from the somalis.
who do you think armed haile selassie, who do you think sent military engineers, and more? the white man.
he was their slave and puppet in the horn. that's why they ignored eritrea's plight and cause, and forced them to be united with ethiopia.

the bale rebellion needed the white man's help to put down, we all know this, all it takes is reading some history.
otherwise, it would have taken 7 whole years to put it down.

Waaqoo Guutuu (The General)

General Waaqoo Guutuu was born in 1924 in the region of Bale, southeastern Oromia. His father was born in freedom prior to the Ethiopia occupation of the region under Minilik, and would constantly remind his son of this time. From a young age this motivated Waaqoo to change this situation. Waaqoo began the armed stuggle in 1963 and would continue on that path for the remainder of his life.

Waaqo Guutu's force moved to Dallo, the birthplace of Waaqo, and joined old friends like Aliyyi Chirri, who had already revolted and were in the Madda Walaabu forest. The first time the join Waaqo/Chirri guerilla force encountered the enemy was at Malkaa Arganno, where they tasted their fist victory. From there, they advanced to the towns of Oborso and Bidere and liberated them.
The Waaqo/Chirri rebellion spread like forest fire through Dallo, Waabee and other provinces. More leaders with hundreds of followers went to Somalia and received assistance. They used classical guerrilla tactics operating out of bases in the dense forests and mountains of Baale. The guerrillas made constant raids on the colonial force and army outposts and roads to make it difficult for the army to move or to receive supplies. Some of the prominent leaders in the Baale uprising were Waaqo Guutu, Waaqo Luugo, Aliyyi Chirri, Abbaa Washa and Hajji Yisihaq.

Using air cover, the Ethiopian army launched an all-out offensive in Dallo and Gannale to defeat the Baale rebellion. After some of the ferocious fighting, the army captured the towns of Hawo and Buluq in Dallo. But it was a temporary defeat to the guerrillas since they recaptured these places after a few weeks and the government offensive ended as a total failure. At this juncture, the Ethiopian government became desperate, and once again it turned to its patrons for help to rescue the Empire. The British sent over 400 British army engineers to build bridges and roads. One of the bridges that was of tremendous strategic importance was built over the Gannaale river. The American Air Force experts were brought in to improve the fire power of the Ethiopian Air Force jet fighters for more accurate air strikes. Several Israeli counter-insurgency and explosive experts were brought in to advise and guide the army. In spite of all these efforts, the guerrillas were able to repulse the enemy and continue to expand their area activity.

(Taken from Gadaa.com History section)

Colonel Aliyyi Chirri explains the condition of the fighters during the aerial bombardment;
“What hurt us most were the airplanes. That was what hurt us, and if there were no airplanes, they could not touch us. Airplanes do not differentiate between cows and camels, they destroy everything. They tore people bodies apart. However, let it tear them apart and cut them up, our people never feared or ran for cover under the trees. We just stood our ground. No running, no fleeing. The same when we encounter the enemy on the ground. If it came down to it we would charge them with bayonets and our bare hands, but there is no fleeing. That is how we fought. No fear whatsoever.”

The fighting eventually came to a halt after a peace deal was signed with the Haile Selassie regime. After the deal was signed, Haile Selassie made a visit to Waaqos home region in Dallo Baale. Haile Selassie would later ask Waaqoo, “when I came to Dallo, why didn’t you come and greet me?”. Waaqo replied “I am the ruler of Dallo, and you are the ruler of Shawa therefore when you come to my house, you come and see me.” Such was the contempt he had for a Haile Selassie, a man who could not fight his own battle a day in his life.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 02 Jan 2020, 03:00

ዋቆ ጎቱን ከጊኒር ዋሻ ያወጣውኮ ንጉስ ተፈሪ አይደለም ፣ ጄኒራል ጃገማ ኬሎ ነው። ደሞ የተፈሪ አሽከር የነበሩት ኦሮሞ ወታደሮች ዋቆን የጊመል ታክስ አልከፍል የሚል የዱልቻ ሌባ ነው ያሉት ። ዛሬ ሳዳቻ በሞቱት መቃብር ላይ የራሱን ቅዠት እንደ ትርክት አቀረበ ። አሳፋሪ !

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 02 Jan 2020, 12:18

Mr Sadacha, under Haile Selasses regime there were insurrections, of course, in different part of the country. From Tigray , Goggam , Bale etc, but as I said they were insurrections caused by maladministration etc. The insurrection in Goggam led by Belay Zeleke was put down using helicopters, the tigrian insurrection after Hail Selasses return from Europe was put down by British help these are facts that happened – what I resent is when political propaganda is presented as historical facts. As usual some facts that devalue your political agenda is played down as insignificant while you pail on unsubstantiated political propaganda to portray the struggle between the central government and the peripheries in terms of colonial and anti-colonial terms. Your source of reference by itself proves what I have stated so far ( gaddaa.com) which caters to jawarian anti Ethiopian ideological bent. So yes there were insurrections in Bale and they definitely had a cause to fight for but to portray this movement in colonial and anti colonial terms is foolhardy . If you have facts to support give me a reference which is independent to sink my teeth into .

Bete Gojjam

Post by Bete Gojjam » 02 Jan 2020, 12:24

TGAA you are a idiot you cannot spell one of the greatest part of Amhara Gojam :roll:
TGAA wrote:
02 Jan 2020, 12:18
Mr Sadacha, under Haile Selasses regime there were insurrections, of course, in different part of the country. From Tigray , Goggam , Bale etc, but as I said they were insurrections caused by maladministration etc. The insurrection in Goggam led by Belay Zeleke was put down using helicopters, the tigrian insurrection after Hail Selasses return from Europe was put down by British help these are facts that happened – what I resent is when political propaganda is presented as historical facts. As usual some facts that devalue your political agenda is played down as insignificant while you pail on unsubstantiated political propaganda to portray the struggle between the central government and the peripheries in terms of colonial and anti-colonial terms. Your source of reference by itself proves what I have stated so far ( gaddaa.com) which caters to jawarian anti Ethiopian ideological bent. So yes there were insurrections in Bale and they definitely had a cause to fight for but to portray this movement in colonial and anti colonial terms is foolhardy . If you have facts to support give me a reference which is independent to sink my teeth into .

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 02 Jan 2020, 13:02

ጎጃም--- gojam , gojjam , goggem gogam-- find two Gojammas who going to pronounce Gojam in the same way then I will take your "idiot" as a badge of honer. what about that you budda Gojjame , hope there is still humor left in the land of Addis Alemayhu ;)

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 02 Jan 2020, 14:05

Sadacha Macca wrote:
01 Jan 2020, 17:47
TGAA wrote:
is that why the coward haile selassie had to beg the white men for help to fight the oromos who only got old rifles and training/medical aid from somalia?
he had time to obviously led a rebellion that had 95 percent or more, of bale, in his armies hands.
siad barre gave him some old rifles, military training, and medical aid; that's literally all he got.
meanwhile haile selassie the midget begged the white man for advanced arms, training, and more, just to fight the oromos and somalis there.
that's why no one cared when mengistu killed haile selassie and put his remains under a toilet.
I thought that you were claiming about having started to learn something to make sense out of your delusioned life. But seems now that you are someone who can't learn something.

Didn't you still listen to the advice of a wise man to your kinds:" "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones"? You could have praised General Waqo Gutu, assuming you have got sufficient evidence to substantiate your claims, without reverting to badmouth HIM Hailesellassie, an internationally acllaimed statesman (he was once TIME-Magazine's Person of The Year). But you suffer from knowledge Deficiency Syndrome (KDS) and still not ready to infrom yourself.

"ለመሆኑ በትክክል የአጋሰስ ሥራ ሲሰሩ የኖሩ እነማን ናቸው? የጎበናን ወደ አካባቢያቸው ወደ ወለጋ መሄድ በስም ብቻ ሰምተው እንደ አጋሰስ ወርቅ ሲሸከሙ የነበሩት የእነዚህ ሰዎች አባቶች አልነበሩምን? የእነሱ ጉድ ሲሆን እንዲነገርም እንዲነሳም አይፈልጉም እንጂ የአፍሪካ የነጻነት ትግል በተጀመረበት ታሪካዊ ወቅት መጀመሪያ እንግሊዝን «ነይና ግዥን» ብለው ማመልከቻ የጻፉ፣ እንግሊዝ እምቢ ስትል ለኢጣሊያን ፋሽስት አጋሰስ ሆነው እንቁላል ሲሸከሙ የነበሩ የእነሱ አባቶች የወለጋ ገዢዎች አልነበሩም? በጥቁር አንበሳ ሥር ተሰብስበው የነበሩትን የኢትዮጵያ አርበኞች ያስፈጀስ ማነው? የኦነጋውያን አባቶች የወለጋ ገዢዎች አልነበሩምን?

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 02 Jan 2020, 15:41

Sadacha Macca wrote:
02 Jan 2020, 02:30
TGAA wrote:
01 Jan 2020, 20:01

go to anywhere in oromia and they will tell u he's our collective hero.
he fought against an oppressive system and government that exploited oromos, kept them poor, and under-educated on purpose.

siad barre didn't do much for waqo. you are exaggerating as usual.
a few old rifles and military training isn't him being some mercenary.
and if haile selassie can beg the white man for military aid, to suppress and oppress oromos and others, then those same oppressed people can ask neighbors for military aid to even the playing field, and fight back!
and you have no one to blame but the exploitative and oppressive system of haile selassie, who were over taxing and oppressing the oromos especially in bale, which led to the revolution that he had to beg the white man for help to put down and even then it took 7 years.

1978 and the first ogaden skirmish/war are two separate event. we know what happened in the 2nd one, it took russia, cuba, yemen, and more, to save the weak ethiopian army who ran away from the somalis.
who do you think armed haile selassie, who do you think sent military engineers, and more? the white man.
he was their slave and puppet in the horn. that's why they ignored eritrea's plight and cause, and forced them to be united with ethiopia.

the bale rebellion needed the white man's help to put down, we all know this, all it takes is reading some history.
otherwise, it would have taken 7 whole years to put it down.

Waaqoo Guutuu (The General)

General Waaqoo Guutuu was born in 1924 in the region of Bale, southeastern Oromia. His father was born in freedom prior to the Ethiopia occupation of the region under Minilik, and would constantly remind his son of this time. From a young age this motivated Waaqoo to change this situation. Waaqoo began the armed stuggle in 1963 and would continue on that path for the remainder of his life.

Waaqo Guutu's force moved to Dallo, the birthplace of Waaqo, and joined old friends like Aliyyi Chirri, who had already revolted and were in the Madda Walaabu forest. The first time the join Waaqo/Chirri guerilla force encountered the enemy was at Malkaa Arganno, where they tasted their fist victory. From there, they advanced to the towns of Oborso and Bidere and liberated them.
The Waaqo/Chirri rebellion spread like forest fire through Dallo, Waabee and other provinces. More leaders with hundreds of followers went to Somalia and received assistance. They used classical guerrilla tactics operating out of bases in the dense forests and mountains of Baale. The guerrillas made constant raids on the colonial force and army outposts and roads to make it difficult for the army to move or to receive supplies. Some of the prominent leaders in the Baale uprising were Waaqo Guutu, Waaqo Luugo, Aliyyi Chirri, Abbaa Washa and Hajji Yisihaq.

Using air cover, the Ethiopian army launched an all-out offensive in Dallo and Gannale to defeat the Baale rebellion. After some of the ferocious fighting, the army captured the towns of Hawo and Buluq in Dallo. But it was a temporary defeat to the guerrillas since they recaptured these places after a few weeks and the government offensive ended as a total failure. At this juncture, the Ethiopian government became desperate, and once again it turned to its patrons for help to rescue the Empire. The British sent over 400 British army engineers to build bridges and roads. One of the bridges that was of tremendous strategic importance was built over the Gannaale river. The American Air Force experts were brought in to improve the fire power of the Ethiopian Air Force jet fighters for more accurate air strikes. Several Israeli counter-insurgency and explosive experts were brought in to advise and guide the army. In spite of all these efforts, the guerrillas were able to repulse the enemy and continue to expand their area activity.

(Taken from Gadaa.com History section)

Colonel Aliyyi Chirri explains the condition of the fighters during the aerial bombardment;
“What hurt us most were the airplanes. That was what hurt us, and if there were no airplanes, they could not touch us. Airplanes do not differentiate between cows and camels, they destroy everything. They tore people bodies apart. However, let it tear them apart and cut them up, our people never feared or ran for cover under the trees. We just stood our ground. No running, no fleeing. The same when we encounter the enemy on the ground. If it came down to it we would charge them with bayonets and our bare hands, but there is no fleeing. That is how we fought. No fear whatsoever.”

The fighting eventually came to a halt after a peace deal was signed with the Haile Selassie regime. After the deal was signed, Haile Selassie made a visit to Waaqos home region in Dallo Baale. Haile Selassie would later ask Waaqoo, “when I came to Dallo, why didn’t you come and greet me?”. Waaqo replied “I am the ruler of Dallo, and you are the ruler of Shawa therefore when you come to my house, you come and see me.” Such was the contempt he had for a Haile Selassie, a man who could not fight his own battle a day in his life.
I dare not insult Haileslassie though he was not liked by some Tigrians too.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 02 Jan 2020, 15:41

DefendTheTruth wrote:
02 Jan 2020, 14:05
Sadacha Macca wrote:
01 Jan 2020, 17:47
TGAA wrote:
I thought that you were claiming about having started to learn something to make sense out of your delusioned life. But seems now that you are someone who can't learn something.

Didn't you still listen to the advice of a wise man to your kinds:" "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones"? You could have praised General Waqo Gutu, assuming you have got sufficient evidence to substantiate your claims, without reverting to badmouth HIM Hailesellassie, an internationally acllaimed statesman (he was once TIME-Magazine's Person of The Year). But you suffer from knowledge Deficiency Syndrome (KDS) and still not ready to infrom yourself.

"ለመሆኑ በትክክል የአጋሰስ ሥራ ሲሰሩ የኖሩ እነማን ናቸው? የጎበናን ወደ አካባቢያቸው ወደ ወለጋ መሄድ በስም ብቻ ሰምተው እንደ አጋሰስ ወርቅ ሲሸከሙ የነበሩት የእነዚህ ሰዎች አባቶች አልነበሩምን? የእነሱ ጉድ ሲሆን እንዲነገርም እንዲነሳም አይፈልጉም እንጂ የአፍሪካ የነጻነት ትግል በተጀመረበት ታሪካዊ ወቅት መጀመሪያ እንግሊዝን «ነይና ግዥን» ብለው ማመልከቻ የጻፉ፣ እንግሊዝ እምቢ ስትል ለኢጣሊያን ፋሽስት አጋሰስ ሆነው እንቁላል ሲሸከሙ የነበሩ የእነሱ አባቶች የወለጋ ገዢዎች አልነበሩም? በጥቁር አንበሳ ሥር ተሰብስበው የነበሩትን የኢትዮጵያ አርበኞች ያስፈጀስ ማነው? የኦነጋውያን አባቶች የወለጋ ገዢዎች አልነበሩምን?

Haile selassie was an epic failure. He tried to forcefully amhara-ize everyone, and ended up creating more resentment and more rebellions.
His government DELIBERATELY made sure oromos remained poor and under-educated, just because they feared the larger numbers of the oromos, and had they received a modern education, they would have easily became the governmental power?
Do you want me to post the awakening moment of taddesse biru when he was told by the minister of haile selassie, ''it's good to say learn, but the oromos are AN OCEAN, WHO CAN FLOOD US.''
basically saying: keep them illiterate, poor and under-educated, so that they do not pose a threat to our grip on power.
His dogs ate better meals than millions of ethiopians, and they ate the best food while tens of thousands, if not more, starved to DEATH in wollo and elsewhere.
Who cares if he got so called time's man of the year? Does that feed an ethiopian, does that provide a job for an ethiopian, does that provide clean running water to an ethiopian, the list goes on?
do you think the white man [their elites, rather] would be objective and criticize one of their loyal puppets who served them very well/their geo-political interests?
Smh.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 02 Jan 2020, 15:49

TGAA wrote:
02 Jan 2020, 12:18
If there were insurrections all over, it shows how much of a failure his government was.
It's simple: his government was an epic failure. They deliberately marginalized oromos, kept them poor, and under-educated.
When Oromos began to form their own self help associations, to build roads, schools, clinics, minamen, haile selassie feared this and sought a way to frame them for crimes and disband the macha tulama self help assoc. not to mention the torturing and killing of oromo intellectuals, such haile mariam gamada, were done on his orders. Oromos who never waged a violent struggle, but were still targeted.
Thus, making him an enemy of the Oromos. If we were to calculate the damage his regime did to oromos in terms of money, it may very well be in the billions.
He

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 02 Jan 2020, 16:03

Facts please facts: Oromos were never educated than any group maybe more educated because of Missionary school.yes Oromo did not have their own writing alphabet so the learned Amharic just like any other.so worst things happened in the countries that have practice democracy for a long time.Ethiopia didn't have a short cut to jump from feudalism to democracy ..it is natural to through that. We don't have to find a scapegoat for our backwardness . Admit the past failures and move on.