Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
justo

Countries are not about love or hate, they are about sovereignty

Post by justo » 23 Dec 2019, 02:35

The only sovereign things on earth are individual countries. Unions, confederations, economic communities are contentious, short-lasting entities.

Gadaffi made union first with Egypt, when that failed with Syria, when that failed with Jordan, when that failed with Tunisia, when that failed with Sub-Sahara Africa. Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda had their East Africa Economic Community, that didn't last long. Nasser had his United Arab Republic (UAR) that never got off the ground.

You never hear such kind of foolishness in the Scandinavian countries like Norway, Sweden, Danmark, Finland, which have much in common but are happy to just be themselves. You never hear of such kind of foolishness in Latin America, who have much in common but are just content being themselves.

All talk of love between countries has to be discouraged, being a good neighbour is what is required. You don't need to love your neighbour, you only need to respect them.

justo

Re: Countries are not about love or hate, they are about sovereignty

Post by justo » 23 Dec 2019, 03:10

justo wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 02:35
The only sovereign things on earth are individual countries. Unions, confederations, economic communities are contentious, short-lasting entities.

Gadaffi made union first with Egypt, when that failed with Syria, when that failed with Jordan, when that failed with Tunisia, when that failed with Sub-Sahara Africa. Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda had their East Africa Economic Community, that didn't last long. Nasser had his United Arab Republic (UAR) that never got off the ground.

You never hear such kind of foolishness in the Scandinavian countries like Norway, Sweden, Danmark, Finland, which have much in common but are happy to just be themselves. You never hear of such kind of foolishness in Latin America, who have much in common but are just content being themselves.

All talk of love between countries has to be discouraged, being a good neighbour is what is required. You don't need to love your neighbour, you only need to respect them.
It is only in 3rd world countries like Africa and the Arab world that you hear talk about love and brotherhood between countries.

In the sophisticated world like Europe, North and South America and Far East Asia, it is all about sovereignty and respect for each other, although the US and Canada have much more in common than 3rd world countries and Northern Europe countries have much more in common than the Arab world.

Afdeyu

Post by Afdeyu » 23 Dec 2019, 12:04

Good to see you talking your mind, not the talking points from hgdf. Don’t worry too much about korakur Isaias,...the worst they call you is agame, and you know yourself, if you’re not who cares. Some aawanat even call Isaias an agame, which is a joke.
For your point above, I agree with you that countries love or hate means nothing... it’s a dumb and dumber politics used on low iq people :roll: and they fall for it.(it works) :lol:
Eritrea doesn’t need love or hate from Ethiopians, but needs sovereignty respect period. Who cares if Ethiopians love or hate except low life people. I would rather have Ethiopians hate my country, but respect my sovereignty than love but not respected...
Eritrea does need nothing for Ethiopia other than respect for our sovereignty which means PEACE ...Eritrea would be better off if the border remains locked up, but we’ll open it so they use the ports for exchange for respected sovereignty and peace. Some argue Eritrea need Ethiopian market and that’s so yesterday’s mindset in this century our market is the world not poor Ethiopia. This’s called limit thinking I call them zebib riesi way of thinking... we’ve the whole rich Middle East and Europe as our market...
So I’m with you I don’t need anybody’s good for nothing love/hate, BUT :idea: respect and we’ve earned that respect for our sovereignty by blood and sacrifice which nobody can take away unless we let them...
Sesenayu

justo

Post by justo » 23 Dec 2019, 12:29

Afdeyu wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 12:04
Good to see you talking your mind, not the talking points from hgdf.
We Eritreans are independent minded people. We support our country unconditionally, we support our government rain or shine. We are tight, there is no daylight between us. Who told you PFDJ supporters like me are not independent minded?

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 23 Dec 2019, 13:24

justo wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 12:29
Afdeyu wrote:
We Eritreans are independent minded people. We support our country unconditionally, we support our government rain or shine. We are tight, there is no daylight between us. Who told you PFDJ supporters like me are not independent minded?
Boom!!!

Afdeyu

Post by Afdeyu » 23 Dec 2019, 13:26

Hey good for you, just keep talking what comes to your mind on what’s good for Eritrea.
What you said above is not on the talking points lately (may be you didn’t get the memo :lol: )

Economic integration, not sovereignty
Medemer and love, not accountability
Save Ethiopia at any cost, don’t worry about borders

Is the memo I got :lol:

justo wrote:
Afdeyu wrote:

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 23 Dec 2019, 13:33

Afdeyu wrote:
Good to see you talking your mind, not the talking points from hgdf. Don’t worry too much about korakur Isaias,...the worst they call you is agame, and you know yourself, if you’re not who cares. Some aawanat even call Isaias an agame, which is a joke.
For your point above, I agree with you that countries love or hate means nothing... it’s a dumb and dumber politics used on low iq people :roll: and they fall for it.(it works) :lol:
Eritrea doesn’t need love or hate from Ethiopians, but needs sovereignty respect period. Who cares if Ethiopians love or hate except low life people. I would rather have Ethiopians hate my country, but respect my sovereignty than love but not respected...
Eritrea does need nothing for Ethiopia other than respect for our sovereignty which means PEACE ...Eritrea would be better off if the border remains locked up, but we’ll open it so they use the ports for exchange for respected sovereignty and peace. Some argue Eritrea need Ethiopian market and that’s so yesterday’s mindset in this century our market is the world not poor Ethiopia. This’s called limit thinking I call them zebib riesi way of thinking... we’ve the whole rich Middle East and Europe as our market...
So I’m with you I don’t need anybody’s good for nothing love/hate, BUT :idea: respect and we’ve earned that respect for our sovereignty by blood and sacrifice which nobody can take away unless we let them...
Sesenayu
:roll: :roll:

እዋይ መወዳእታ ዘይብሉ ዐጀውጀው ናይ ዓጋመ፦ አቱም ሰባት፡ ሸሐኒ ሰብ ክትጥምቱ በቃ ፀሐይኩም ዐሪባትኩም፥ ሕጅውን ገና'ቲአ መልሐስኩም አይሞተትን፥፥
አይትሰአኑ ደአ ንስኻትኩም፥፥

1. (SBU) Summary. Ethiopian Foreign Minister Seyoum Mesfin on May 22 called in the UNSC P-5 Ambassadors to urge them to follow-up on the InterGovernmental Authority on Development's (IGAD) May 20 call for Security Council sanctions against Eritrea and the imposition of a naval blockade and no-fly zone............... Canada, he said, through its mining concessions, would soon be providing Eritrea with hundreds of millions of dollars, and he commented that "if you think Eritrea is a problem now with no economy, wait until it is flush with cash."

Courtesy of Wikileaks

justo

Post by justo » 23 Dec 2019, 16:04

Afdeyu wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 13:26
Hey good for you, just keep talking what comes to your mind on what’s good for Eritrea.
What you said above is not on the talking points lately (may be you didn’t get the memo :lol: )

You seem to have misconceived our love for our country and government as a sign of lack of independence. We are independent-minded PFDJ zombies, as you would like to call us. I am definitely an independent-minded PFDJ zombie, and proud to be a PFDJ zombie.

Abe Abraham

Post by Abe Abraham » 23 Dec 2019, 16:25

justo wrote:
Afdeyu wrote:
That is the essence of ሓደ ህዝቢ ሓደ ልቢ

Afdeyu

Post by Afdeyu » 23 Dec 2019, 16:28

Justo, all good bro :lol: I gotcha ... that was sarcastic funny :lol:
I would call you though hgdf cadre wanna be :lol:

Akayda qoqah zeyfelits, ayhadanayn yiblu adina

You ain’t hgdf cadre :lol: just wanna be
Please Be independent thinker here online (Eritrea needs that, we already have parrots good for nothing everywhere) be yourself , but not inside uncle Isaias’s Eritrea... :lol:

Sesenayu

justo wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 16:04
Afdeyu wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 13:26

You seem to have misconceived our love for our country and government as a sign of lack of independence. We are independent-minded PFDJ zombies, as you would like to call us. I am definitely an independent-minded PFDJ zombie, and proud to be a PFDJ zombie.