Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Sadacha Macca

4 mosques burnt in Amara state?!

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Dec 2019, 12:41

Please wait, video is loading...

Where's the loud mouthed Amara elites who were insulting Qeerroo and Oromos non stop?
Will they condemn this savage act?
Their silence implies approval.
Time shall tell.

Maxi
Member+

Re: 4 mosques burnt in Amara state?!

Post by Maxi » 21 Dec 2019, 13:01

Galla Sadacha Macca did you ever condemn the burning and killing of more than 86 innocent citizens and the burning of many churches in Oromia region that happen few weeks ago?
Sadacha Macca wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 12:41

Where's the loud mouthed Amara elites who were insulting Qeerroo and Oromos non stop?
Time shall tell.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Dec 2019, 13:07

Maxi wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 13:01
Galla Sadacha Macca did you ever condemn the burning and killing of more than 86 innocent citizens and the burning of many churches in Oromia region that happen few weeks ago?
Sadacha Macca wrote:

Time shall tell.
Retarded agame cyber troll,

Deflecting and changing the subject= you approve of what happened in amara state and probably celebrated it.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 21 Dec 2019, 13:12

You didn't manage to be this bothered when it was happening to churches or to actual people. But that's for you to resolve and deal with.

There is no place for this to happen to anyone and everyone involved needs to be in jail. No one is hurt by this except their own buildings, their own businesses and their own community. But the ignorant just don't know how or when to take a break.

Maxi
Member+

Post by Maxi » 21 Dec 2019, 13:20

opmerc wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 13:12
You didn't manage to be this bothered when it was happening to churches or to actual people. But that's for you to resolve and deal with.

There is no place for this to happen to anyone and everyone involved needs to be in jail. No one is hurt by this except their own buildings, their own businesses and their own community. But the ignorant just don't know how or when to take a break.
Oromo elits and politicians are the most hypocrite people that i have ever seen!! I am suspecting that this burning thing in Amhara region could be orchestrated by OPDO and OLF to give bad images for Amharas by that to balance the tragedy that happened in Oromia region few weeks ago!!

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Dec 2019, 13:21

opmerc wrote:

Where's the pictures and proof about the churches
Because any targeting of religious institutions should be condemned
But we also saw pictures of some amara extremists hiding ak47s in churches
What were they planning?
Were there weapons in mosques that burnt?
Btw oromos were killed in that tragedy too. It wasn't one sided. But of course amara extremists won't tell that part. They won't mention how their allies attacked oromo protesters.

Secondly. Yes its just buildings to the insensitive and ignorant. Not to Christians or Muslims though; to them churches and mosques aren't just buildings!
And burning Muslim owned businesses and religious institutions is serious because it implies religious extremism is on the rise in amara state.
It implies they are following their heroes tewodros and co; who used to hack off limbs of muslims, target them for deportation and destruction, and more.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 21 Dec 2019, 13:27

Maxi wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 13:20
Oromo elits and politicians are the most hypocrite people that i have ever seen!! I am suspecting that this burning thing in Amhara region could be orchestrated by OPDO and OLF to give bad images for Amharas by that to balance the tragedy that happened in Oromia region few weeks ago!!
Nah. Leave the theories to people more easily fooled. Odds are you belong to the same group that resides in Mekelle hotels.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Dec 2019, 13:37

Just listen to daniel kibrets recent speech.
Complaining about what again?

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 21 Dec 2019, 13:40

Sadacha Macca wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 13:21
opmerc wrote:

What were they planning?
Btw oromos were killed in that tragedy too. It wasn't one sided. But of course amara extremists won't tell that part. They won't mention how their allies attacked oromo protesters.

Secondly. Yes its just buildings to the insensitive and ignorant. Not to Christians or Muslims though; to them churches and mosques aren't just buildings!
And burning Muslim owned businesses and religious institutions is serious because it implies religious extremism is on the rise in amara state.
It implies they are following their heroes tewodros and co; who used to hack off limbs of muslims, target them for deportation and destruction, and more.
The head of the church itself is saying its churches were burnt and its priests were murdered. If you are calling them liars, go do that. I have no evidence any of that noise about AK47's in churches is true either. But whether it is true or not, it certainly doesn't give anyone the right to attack or burn a church or to kill priests. Somehow that end part is lost on you.

I'm not here to defend actions of Amhara extremists because I don't belong with them. They will highlight things that they think only happen to their kind because it's the only defense mechanism they know. I pointed out your version only to show you you are no better than them and that you're doing the exact same thing now.

Only way out of this is for all of you to recognize how badly these things hurt us all, not go looking to make this moment some "Oh look, Muslims and Oromos were victims too" parade.

Abaymado

Post by Abaymado » 21 Dec 2019, 13:53

The fake galla sadacha: one may be tempted to ask who was reporting this news, it is very hard to hear the source is somaliregionalnews!!!

any way, for every action there is reaction. no one escape retribution while plundered and ruined its neighbor property and peace. may be it is just happened to balance things.reprisal may be the ultimate solution to end the relentless attack by terrorists. :twisted: :shock:

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 21 Dec 2019, 15:34

Maxi wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 13:20
opmerc wrote:

At least this time you didn't claim: "Abey is a single bullet lost", are you on the retreat or what?

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Dec 2019, 15:47

opmerc wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 13:40
Sadacha Macca wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 13:21
opmerc wrote:

What were they planning?

The head of the church itself is saying its churches were burnt and its priests were murdered. If you are calling them liars, go do that. I have no evidence any of that noise about AK47's in churches is true either. But whether it is true or not, it certainly doesn't give anyone the right to attack or burn a church or to kill priests. Somehow that end part is lost on you.

I'm not here to defend actions of Amhara extremists because I don't belong with them. They will highlight things that they think only happen to their kind because it's the only defense mechanism they know. I pointed out your version only to show you you are no better than them and that you're doing the exact same thing now.

Only way out of this is for all of you to recognize how badly these things hurt us all, not go looking to make this moment some "Oh look, Muslims and Oromos were victims too" parade.

Let's say it happened; does that justify what occurred in Amara state recently?
Do you think that perhaps those that see daniel kibret, the anti Muslim ''preacher'' or advisor, heard his speech complaining about ''muslim restaurants'' and etc, growing in number in gojjam and elsewhere, as a call for ''christians to defend their faith'' [an euphemism for: attack, attack! the same way tewodros and yohannes attacked Muslims!]

??

I condemn any attacks on any innocents, regardless of their ethnicity, regardless of the ideology they adhere to, and I also condemn attacks on ANY religious institutions. I also believe most Oromos would too, seeing as how we're Muslims, Christians, etc, and have adherents of these religions in our families!

In regards to weapons in churches, just ask oromos there, and had you been on social media, you would've inevitably seen the pics.
we see it as amara extremists trying to incite chaos to perhaps get their cronies into power, to bring back the dark days of ''emiye menelik''
too bad, that would destroy their own ethiopia they claim to love, so to do so, means somalia 1991 times 100
every oromo would stand with arms to defend oromia. somalis would do the same. afars. sidamas. welayta.
the odds would be stacked against the amara extremists for sure!!

Now... will we see eskinder nega, berhanu nega, and co, condemn these attacks? Or will they remain silent, which implies approval of what occurred?

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 21 Dec 2019, 15:53

Sadacha Macca wrote:

Time shall tell.
Our Weyane boss Getachew Assefa is unstoppable. One of his greatest achievements is, he produced smart Digital Weyane like you and me. Cheers! :mrgreen:

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Dec 2019, 16:01

Digital Weyane wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 15:53
Sadacha Macca wrote:

Time shall tell.
Our Weyane boss Getachew Assefa is unstoppable. One of his greatest achievements is, he produced smart Digital Weyane like you and me. Cheers! :mrgreen:
Yes indeed! Everyone must conform to beliefs you have, otherwise, they are ''digital weyane''!
LOL, hilarious indeed.
TPLF is not a threat to Oromos, they do not even border us; our threat is those who praise the killers of our people [menelik, tewodros, and the agame emperor yohannes too], and wish to bring back their rule.
BUT I DON't expect you to comprehend that mr shabia troll!

Look under your bed; there's a digital weyane monster under it! Beware!

:lol: :lol:

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 21 Dec 2019, 16:29

Sadacha Macca wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 15:47
I didn't say it did. I pointed to your silence of previous attacks so you can see you are also guilty of the same selective outrage.

Sadacha Macca wrote:
daniel kibret, the anti Muslim ''preacher'' or advisor, heard his speech complaining about ''muslim restaurants'' and etc, growing in number in gojjam and elsewhere, as a call for ''christians to defend their faith'' [an euphemism for: attack, attack
Adjectives aside, you are the one making those logical leaps without any evidence of a call to violence. If he made such calls that we don't know about, produce them and I will gladly ask that he be arrested and kept in a cell right next to Jawar.

Sadacha Macca wrote:
I condemn any attacks on any innocents, regardless of their ethnicity, regardless of the ideology they adhere to, and I also condemn attacks on ANY religious institutions. I also believe most Oromos would too, seeing as how we're Muslims, Christians, etc, and have adherents of these religions in our families!
Sure except when it's perpertrated by your own kind then you conveniently decide it didn't happen. And if it did happen, it's somehow justified so there is no reason to condemn it. How convenient.

Sadacha Macca wrote:
had you been on social media, you would've inevitably seen the pics
I have seen them. There was no evidence of their credibility and there were reports those were fabricated from another event. But nevermind guns, if those churches were found with tanks and massive explosives, any citizens job is to report that to the police and have them handle it, not to go burn a church. With how tribalist the Oromo police are, you would find no better allies in dealing with such things. The fact that you think such pictures justifies gangs burning a church with people inside of it speaks to how far you've departed from humanity.

Sadacha Macca wrote:
that would destroy their own ethiopia they claim to love, so to do so, means somalia 1991 times 100
every oromo would stand with arms to defend oromia. somalis would do the same. afars. sidamas. welayta.
Sure. And you would be victorious and your republic of Oromia would be born and it will live happily ever after.. Go stand in line next to Halafi with that nonsense.

Sadacha Macca wrote:
Now... will we see eskinder nega, berhanu nega, and co, condemn these attacks? Or will they remain silent, which implies approval of what occurred?
I am not their spokesperson, but they are allowed to evaluate the story in their own time with their own sources and respond to it. There is no timetable or rule that says just not responding means approval.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Dec 2019, 16:50

opmerc wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 16:29
Sadacha Macca wrote:
I didn't say it did. I pointed to your silence of previous attacks so you can see you are also guilty of the same selective outrage.

Sadacha Macca wrote:
daniel kibret, the anti Muslim ''preacher'' or advisor, heard his speech complaining about ''muslim restaurants'' and etc, growing in number in gojjam and elsewhere, as a call for ''christians to defend their faith'' [an euphemism for: attack, attack
Adjectives aside, you are the one making those logical leaps without any evidence of a call to violence. If he made such calls that we don't know about, produce them and I will gladly ask that he be arrested and kept in a cell right next to Jawar.

Sadacha Macca wrote:
Sure except when it's perpertrated by your own kind then you conveniently decide it didn't happen. And if it did happen, it's somehow justified so there is no reason to condemn it. How convenient.

Sadacha Macca wrote:
had you been on social media, you would've inevitably seen the pics
I have seen them. There was no evidence of their credibility and there were reports those were fabricated from another event. But nevermind guns, if those churches were found with tanks and massive explosives, any citizens job is to report that to the police and have them handle it, not to go burn a church. With how tribalist the Oromo police are, you would find no better allies in dealing with such things. The fact that you think such pictures justifies gangs burning a church with people inside of it speaks to how far you've departed from humanity.

Sadacha Macca wrote:
that would destroy their own ethiopia they claim to love, so to do so, means somalia 1991 times 100
Sure. And you would be victorious and your republic of Oromia would be born and it will live happily ever after.. Go stand in line next to Halafi with that nonsense.

Sadacha Macca wrote:
I am not their spokesperson, but they are allowed to evaluate the story in their own time with their own sources and respond to it. There is no timetable or rule that says just not responding means approval.
1] Why is that your first response, as opposed to condemning what occurred, and then making your point of ''selective outrage''?
Why is deflecting and changing the subject ENTIRELY your first response? It reeks of ulterior motives, if you ask me!
Your priorities show, by the way/the order in which you respond to such issues.
Your first thing to do, was to mention another atrocity, as opposed to first condemning what occurred, and then saying the rest.

2] I posted the video of daniel kibret, just look up on this very post. His complaining about ''muslim restaurants,'' and so on in gojjam, and etc, can be seen as and interpreted as being provocative, especially those already blinded by anti muslim sentiment, or by those harboring such mistrust and potential hatred]; it's like adding oil to a fire.

3] Is there any proof that oromos did those crimes that occurred recently, then? I have no problem condemning ANYONE for doing such things, whether they be oromo or not, but in a country where rumors spread like wild fires and impartial [or at least, those who try to be impartial] news/media outlets do not exist; I refuse to just take the amara elitists and their cadres, ''words for it!''
You seem to be convinced that oromos were perpetrators, and the sole perpetrators of the violence, [as opposed to it being a [deleted] for tat violent attack, i.e. ezema goons attacking oromos, then oromos responding in-kind, basically it's not the same situation-this situation is clearly one sided, muslims having their mosques, businesses and etc, burnt, and you saying ''oh it's just buildings, no worries!'' as opposed to being concerned by what these acts imply, and the possible reverberations, etc]

4] Never said burning churches was acceptable, but if a church is being used to stage military operations against otherwise UNARMED OROMOS, then yes, those churches should be closed/handed to authorities.
tribal police exist all over the country, to point out oromia only, while ignoring let's say those of the amaras who were massacring qemants/agews, and then oromo students more recently; shows you too, are very biased, kind sir.

5. Yes, those opposed to a resurgence of the same elitist mentalities/ideologies, that made ethiopia the poorest country on earth, and other things, would win, but it'd be destructive and no one would benefit from such a thing.

and i will agree with that last point, but the silence is deafening and non-conducive, so we'll give them what, a year or so, to see their response then, eshi? tole?

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 21 Dec 2019, 17:17

You're the one still centered on what happened with the churches and possible justifications for it. I told you in the clearest possible way that both events were harmful and everyone that participated in them needs to be in jail. I also mentioned why I brought it up in the first place. The order of when I brought it up doesn't change the message or make it a deflection. Go read it bottom up if it makes you feel better.

I said a call to violence. I did not hear any calls to violence. What I heard there was a competition to spread his faith. He is not responsible for any person that hears that to mean go do something violent to someone of some other faith. What would make him responsible is if he told them to hate those people or fear those people and that violence was an appropriate response to people of other faiths and agitated them to act violently. Even so far as to praise them for a job well done after committing that violence. You know.. like Jawar did. Find me that activity.

You are saying burning churches is acceptable. There is no reason why you would even mention those alleged guns in the churches if you are not trying to build a relationship between the possible existence of the guns and the church burning. If you recognize burning churches is not acceptable there is no need to bring up anything else. It's unacceptable. Full stop.

I don't find a days worth of silence deafening. But seeing as there is a difference between a year and a day, somewhere in between those dates sounds reasonable to me.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Dec 2019, 19:40

Bringing up what happened elsewhere, before addressing the relevant topic at hand, is simply deflecting and trying to change the subject.
It should've been the 2nd part of your response, as opposed to the first thing you posted.
The fact that it was the first thing you posted, similar to the agame troll abay mado's post [I know you're not an agame troll, by the way, just comparing/and contrasting kind sir], shows that was the first thought that occurred to you: as opposed to condemning the act, then bringing up the selective outrage. Like it or not, perception is everything, and that's the way it'd be perceived by Muslim-Ethiopians of any ethnicity.

Oh yeah? You think a preacher saying that Muslims, are essentially taking over in a sense, saying they inflate their numbers, and other sly subliminal remarks, would not incite some feelings in some of his fans/supporters?
Ha, how naive do you think we are? Do you think his followers wouldn't be at the very least, concerned, and incited/provoked to act upon such concern- and have their already anti Muslim sentiment increased upon hearing such rhetoric?! Ha!
Please try that silly logic with someone who would fall for it, kind sir, with all due respect!

Competition to spread faith, is the same as him saying ''muslim restaurants popping up all over gojjam, and muslims inflating their numbers,'' and so on?
Hmmm, sounds like you may share his beliefs, partially or fully, the same way you downplayed the burning of mosques and etc in gojjam.
Interesting indeed kind sir, as the saying goes ''a persons tongue can give you a taste of what's in their heart!''

Sure, I can concur with the last part, and with the part regarding it being unacceptable to target ANY religious institution be it a church, mosque, synagogue, let's give them some time and see how they react. I am already disappointed, as many other ethiopian muslims are, at the words ESAT used, but I expect nothing less from those who look back fondly on the dark days of ''emiye menelik.''

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 21 Dec 2019, 22:01

No one made such a rule. I'll be even more clear; I think you would be one of the least qualified people to bring attention to such a topic because of your obvious bias. But bias notwithstanding, this event and any similar ones involving senseless violence ought to be stopped immediately and punished. Regardless of who is behind them and who is the victim.

I hold both of these ideas in the same regard and it doesn't matter to me which one comes first or second.

But yes it matters a great deal that he doesn't advocate violence as a solution to these 'concerns' of his. It matters ethically and more importantly legally. The clip itself is super edited and jumbled. Any follow-up he might have listed to his listeners is cut off. So we don't even know what he proposed as an actual solution. My guess on its removal is because he goes on to say non relevant, non violent things. And yet this is the most damning thing you present.

One person makes no mention of violence as a solution to his religious and civic goals. You can't even wait a day before you accuse this person with the flimsiest of evidence for something we don't even have a full account of. Another person has not only advocated for violence multiple times, but there is a direct link between his instructions and the violence that resulted soon after. For this person, you have all the excuses in the world. That's your bias, on full display.

And since you inquired, I don't personally believe in proselytized religion so I am in direct opposition to his views. If his speeches or actions produce more discord among communities then I'll be even more against him.

What I have noticed though is there is a recently rising, coordinated and political attack on him coming from Oromo ethno-nationalists. My guess for this is you lot think by removing him from the equation, you can sway the PM and his circle back to 'the cause'. You might not want my advice on this, but I don't think that's going anywhere for you.

And don't worry, Menelik is in fact dead and will remain so. What can't be killed however is Ethiopian fondness and the highest of regard for him. On that, you have me guilty as charged.

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 21 Dec 2019, 22:30

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ers-killed

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2019 ... n-ethiopia

"Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed should not stay silent because the longer he’s silent and does not take action, Ethiopians and the perpetrators will view it as this is not a priority for Abiy Ahmed’s administration," said Tirfe. "The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church has already stated they will take matters into their own hands to safeguard their faith if the government cannot."

PM Abiy Ahmed described the attack as “attempts by extremists to breakdown our rich history of religious tolerance and coexistence.”

He never made such statement when the Amharas and their orthodox churches are being attacked,burnt and clergy men and followers of the faith killed.

‘’The word ‘Islam’ does not mean ‘peace’ as is often assumed. It means ‘submission’ or ‘surrender’. Mark Durie, a linguistics and theology scholar, writes: “In its original meaning, a Muslim was someone who surrendered in warfare.”[2] Muhammad’s famous phrase aslim taslam means “surrender (i.e. submit to Islam) and you will be safe”.[3] These words were included by him in letters sent to various rulers offering them peace if they surrendered to Islam. This is important because, far from carrying a peaceful meaning, Islam actually means peace after surrender in warfare or after subjugation’’.

“Kill the idolaters wherever you find them, and capture them, and blockade them, and watch for them at every lookout...” (Quran 9:5).

Although Muhammad did not envisage modern terrorism, some of his instructions and actions can be used to justify such. For example, Q 8:12:
I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip.
This hadith also justifies spreading fear: “I have been made victorious with terror.” (Bukhari 4.52.220)
The contrast with Jesus could not be sharper. Jesus said “love your enemies” – a statement found nowhere in the teaching of Islam. Jesus never killed anyone, and criticised Peter for taking up a sword in his defence. Instead of killing and maiming, Jesus healed people and even raised some from the dead.

The Ethiopian muslims who accepted Islam by conviction are now overrun and influenced by those who surrendered to Islam by the sword.
The ethiopian orthodox church is the victim not perpertrtor of violence.