Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Sadacha Macca

A brief history lesson on my name, the sadacha and how powerful they were/are!

Post by Sadacha Macca » 17 Dec 2019, 22:42

''Another Sadacha confederation was formed between 1578 and 1586 by the Boorana groups of Hakaakoo, Abboo, and Suuba. These confederations were formed to help each other in defense of their territories. The Boorana Sadacha moved further to the southwest and joined the earlier confederation of the Afre in Damot.
The alliance of these two confederations allowed for better defense of the Oromo territories in the west and southwest and consolidated their respective Gadaa governments in all the lands between the Abbay and Gojjeb Rivers.
These include: Wallaggaa, Jimmaa, Illubbabor, and the surrounding areas.
When Emperor Sarsa-Dengel of Abyssinia [1563-1597] led a series of expeditions against the Maccaa, Tuulama, Jaawwii, and other Oromo groups, the formation of those confederations produced significant results in keeping his army at bay. On one occasion, exhausted by his prolonged struggle with the Oromo, the emperor is said to have blurted in despair:
''It is better,'' ran of this king's sayings, 'to fight those who shed the blood of Christians [the falasha, or ethiopian jews] than the Pagan Oromos.''

Emperor Sarsa-Dengel had limited success against the Oromo to the south of the Abay River.
The Oromo confederation and unity proved effective, and contributed to his decision to abandon all territories to the south of the river and move further to the north, near Laka Tana. Sarsa-Dengel decided to shift his eastern regiment to the north to subdue the falasha and the rebel prince, Bahr Negash [title given to the governor of the red sea littoral] Yeshaq.
As quoted in Merid Wolde Aregay, ''After the Behet Wadadoch [most favorite, military title] died, and the country was wasted by the hands of the Oromos, Atse Malak Sagad [emperor sarsa dengel] was exiled and he came to dembiya.''

Integration and Peace in East Africa: A History of the Oromo Nation
By T. Etefa
2nd chapter

Sadacha Macca

Re: A brief history lesson on my name, the sadacha and how powerful they were/are!

Post by Sadacha Macca » 17 Dec 2019, 23:02

Retarded agame troll get off my post. This is a history lesson. Nothing to do with your irrelevant and nonsensical posts.

Sadacha Macca

Re: A brief history lesson on my name, the sadacha and how powerful they were/are!

Post by Sadacha Macca » 17 Dec 2019, 23:20

present wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 23:14
The game is over.,...

No wahabis can defeat Ethiopians!'

No body can!!

We have proved to the whole world---- no one can fck with us. Military wise, resource, intellect, man power, thousands of years of history, you name it, wahabi :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is why everybody wanna be like us. The whole world is saying "we all are Ethiopians"
:lol:

Sadacha Macca wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 23:02
Retarded agame troll get off my post. This is a history lesson. Nothing to do with your irrelevant and nonsensical posts.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 17 Dec 2019, 23:36

present wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 23:30
Wahabi kkkkkkk

The game is over.,...

No body can!!

We have proved to the whole world---- no one can fck with us. Military wise, resource, intellect, man power, thousands of years of history, you name it, wahabi :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is why everybody wanna be like us. The whole world is saying "we all are Ethiopians"

Sadacha Macca wrote:

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 17 Dec 2019, 23:48

present wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 23:48
present wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 23:30
Wahabi kkkkkkk

The game is over.,...

No body can!!

Sadacha Macca wrote:

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 18 Dec 2019, 00:13

present wrote:
18 Dec 2019, 00:04
Wahabi kkkkkkk

The game is over.,...

No body can!!

Sadacha Macca wrote:

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 21 Dec 2019, 01:33

Sadacha Macca wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 22:42
''Another Sadacha confederation was formed between 1578 and 1586 by the Boorana groups of Hakaakoo, Abboo, and Suuba. These confederations were formed to help each other in defense of their territories. The Boorana Sadacha moved further to the southwest and joined the earlier confederation of the Afre in Damot.
Sadacha Macca,

Do you know of a serious scholarly work that has studied the progression of name change from Borana in the late 16th century to Oromo? I remember arguing with Bwendimu once about the name Oromo. I don't know where he is these days. እየመጣሽ ተኚ ብሎ ገብቶ ተኛ?

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Dec 2019, 12:46

Naga Tuma wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 01:33
Sadacha Macca wrote:
Sadacha Macca,

Do you know of a serious scholarly work that has studied the progression of name change from Borana in the late 16th century to Oromo? I remember arguing with Bwendimu once about the name Oromo. I don't know where he is these days. እየመጣሽ ተኚ ብሎ ገብቶ ተኛ?

It wasn't a progression. For as long as written records on the oromo exists (late 1800s i wanna say, i can post some references later today if you wish sir), we've been saying Ilma Orma. Sons of brave and or free men.
Borana is a large moiety of Ilma Orma. The Angafa or elder. Barentu is quti'su or junior.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Dec 2019, 12:59

gobeze wrote:
18 Dec 2019, 00:01
I want to know ,who are Macca?Tulema?Borena?
Macca is a large oromo clan that lives in jimma, wallaga, illubabor, around addis/finfinne and in small numbers in Benishangul Gumuz.
I am macca myself. Sadacha falls under the Macca family.
Tuulama is our older brother. They inhabit the lands in and around addis/finfinne.
Borana is the father of both maccaa fi tuulama.
Borana is too great to briefly describe but they are a large oromo moiety and family as well.
I'll post some more later on them.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 22 Dec 2019, 00:06

Sadacha Macca wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 12:46
Naga Tuma wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 01:33
Sadacha Macca wrote:
Sadacha Macca,

It wasn't a progression. For as long as written records on the oromo exists (late 1800s i wanna say, i can post some references later today if you wish sir), we've been saying Ilma Orma. Sons of brave and or free men.
Borana is a large moiety of Ilma Orma. The Angafa or elder. Barentu is quti'su or junior.
Sadacha Macca,

I wish to see that reference if it is based on a serious scholarly work; hearsay doesn't help much. The phrase Ilma Orma describing the self doesn't make sense. It literally means son of a stranger and I don't think anyone normally identifies the self as such. A change from Borana to Ilma Orma to Oromo suggests a progression of name change. If it is otherwise, I wish to see in the reference you may have. As I indicated above, I have had an argument in the past against a suggestion that the name Oromo doesn't exist.

I thought Macha meant a geographic region (far from home,) like Mecca, instead of a name of a clan. If it came from the name of a Borana man, as you seem to suggest, do you know if he descended from Kutaye or his/its relationship to Leqa?

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 22 Dec 2019, 08:06

Sadacha Macca wrote:
The alliance of these two confederations allowed for better defense of the Oromo territories in the west and southwest and consolidated their respective Gadaa governments in all the lands between the Abbay and Gojjeb Rivers.
When Emperor Sarsa-Dengel of Abyssinia [1563-1597] led a series of expeditions against the Maccaa, Tuulama, Jaawwii, and other Oromo groups, the formation of those confederations produced significant results in keeping his army at bay. On one occasion, exhausted by his prolonged struggle with the Oromo, the emperor is said to have blurted in despair:
''It is better,'' ran of this king's sayings, 'to fight those who shed the blood of Christians [the falasha, or ethiopian jews] than the Pagan Oromos.''

Emperor Sarsa-Dengel had limited success against the Oromo to the south of the Abay River.
The Oromo confederation and unity proved effective, and contributed to his decision to abandon all territories to the south of the river and move further to the north, near Laka Tana. Sarsa-Dengel decided to shift his eastern regiment to the north to subdue the falasha and the rebel prince, Bahr Negash [title given to the governor of the red sea littoral] Yeshaq.
As quoted in Merid Wolde Aregay, ''After the Behet Wadadoch [most favorite, military title] died, and the country was wasted by the hands of the Oromos, Atse Malak Sagad [emperor sarsa dengel] was exiled and he came to dembiya.''

By T. Etefa
2nd chapter

Don't you think you should start telling us the definition/meaning of Sadacha before going onto (its) history! Just a thought!

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 22 Dec 2019, 09:25

Somaliman wrote:
22 Dec 2019, 08:06
Sadacha Macca wrote:

By T. Etefa
2nd chapter

Don't you think you should start telling us the definition/meaning of Sadacha before going onto (its) history! Just a thought!

It's derived from sadi the oromo word for the number 3. Just as afre (another group of oromo clans) is derived from the oromo word for the number 4.

Naga tuma,
Sure. I will make a post with references later this afternoon sir.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 22 Dec 2019, 15:53

yaballo wrote:
22 Dec 2019, 09:03
Somaliman: Don't you think you should start telling us the definition/meaning of Sadacha before going onto (its) history! Just a thought!
Somaliman;

Como te vas, compañero? .. Espero que todo va bein. Tuya fue una progunta pertinente y yo tambien quiero saber lo que el amigo Sadacha responde. Ahora, te acuerdas lo que habiamos hablado acerca de los programas de lost estudios de radio moqdisho algunos meses atras? .. Bueno, me ha encontrado el programa de seleciones musicales del radio moqidisho (afaan gaalla), grabada a casete por una persona que vivia cerca de la cuidad de Harar en 1975 (?). Alguien comaprtio el audio de lo mismo on Youtube. Pense compartir lo mismo contigo en memorial de radio moqdisho. Los cantantes son Oromos (Mohammud Ibrahim, Yonis Abdulalahi) & Somalis (Asha Abdo etc,). Tambien, las canciones a 14:35min y a 20:40min fueron muy populares en esos años. Nostalgia .. nostalgia. Cuidate hermano.

Yaballo,

Estoy bien; espero que lo estás pasandolo bien. Gracias hermano por compartir estas canciones de los buenos tiempos - nostalgia nunca se muere, solo cambia de lugar!

¡Felices vacaciones!

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 22 Dec 2019, 16:00

Sadacha Macca wrote:
22 Dec 2019, 09:25
Somaliman wrote:
22 Dec 2019, 08:06
Sadacha Macca wrote:

By T. Etefa
2nd chapter

It's derived from sadi the oromo word for the number 3. Just as afre (another group of oromo clans) is derived from the oromo word for the number 4.

Naga tuma,
Sure. I will make a post with references later this afternoon sir.

What I also find interesting is that you’ve clans that have numbers, like in Somalia! Needless to mention that both number three and four (and of course others) are pronounced in the same way as in Somali, particularly three, which is pronounced exactly “sadi” in Somali Maay dialect!

I believe Oromo people have both a richer and older history than Habesha with its fabricated 300 years history!