Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
EthioRedSea

Why is not Ethiopia enabling direct flights from Europe or Asia to Tigray???

Post by EthioRedSea » 10 Dec 2019, 09:58

The government of Ethiopia is not enabling direct internatinal flights to Tigray Regional State, in North Ethiopia. There are 2 international airpors in Tigray: Mekelle and aksum International airports.

Many tourists are frlying from Ethiopia's capital to Aksum and Meklle. The government of Ethiopia should be forced to enable international flights to Mekelle and Aksum or to one of them, It seems Addis Ababa willbe loosing millions of dollars if a new route via Mekelle to Asia and Europe is opened. But to travellers, it is cheaper to fly directly to Tigray from major cities in Europe and Asia. Ethiopia's government should be forced to open this route and make the lives of many travellers and investors easier.

Pressure groups should force Ethiopia to open a new route from Mekelle or Aksum to Europe and Asia. Such direct flights will bring Tigray billions of dollars, which can help the economy grow.

EthioRedSea

Re: Why is not Ethiopia enabling direct flights from Europe or Asia to Tigray???

Post by EthioRedSea » 10 Dec 2019, 10:18

Tigray needs it's own avaition service with international links.
This should be done now as Tigrayans are threatened by non-Tigrayans Ethiopians when they fly via Addis Ababa.
Every political group should work on this.
The future of Ethiopia could be breaking into ministates and having a functioning International Airport is important for business and for provision of emergency services to the population in case of civil war in Ethiopia, which is less likely, but difficult to rule out.

EthioRedSea

Re: Why is not Ethiopia enabling direct flights from Europe or Asia to Tigray???

Post by EthioRedSea » 10 Dec 2019, 12:52

This is strategic. It should be part of garaunting security for Tigray people. Technology know-how can be transferred easily. Tigray Airlines will open a new horizon for eonomic growth in Tigray . People could travel 2-3 times a year for holidays. Culidren from Tigrayan parnts living abroad could travel alone as they do not need to lay over. Summer courses in Tigrigna and Tigrayan history could be organised as part of the tourist programmes. The benefits of having own airline for Tigray is enormous.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 10 Dec 2019, 13:52

EthioRedSea wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 12:52
This is strategic.

EthioRedeye

i thought u said Axum is holly city so why r u inviting non believer... the Saudi doesn't invite Christian to Mecca i thought we r following the Saudi about not building Church in Mecca mantra ... what happened

read what Lonely Planet said about Axum Hotel

Lonely Planet
Left Ethiopia a week ago. While in Axum we stayed at the Tropicana Hotel for one night. Stayed there because we arrived late in town after dark and it was pouring rain so not a great time to be wandering around trying to find decent accommodation.

The Tropicana is terrible. The redlight bar (prostitutes) downstairs is very noisy with the noise easily heard in your room. Our room was filthy with new and used condoms on the floor. The place is obviously primarily utilised by men (local and western) as a convenient location to pick up a girl and then immediately reture to their room. While the manager quickly cleaned our room there was still one used condom he missed. Checking another room showed it was no better.

all tourism must be banned and only Orthodox should be allowed to travel to Axum...

about EAL strategic. making stop over in Mekelle forget about Axum even stop over in Mekelle is also wrong strategy .. the best strategic airport is Assmara Airport .. i will give u example u also can give me example let two Agame and Northern Agame (Eritrean )start flying from USA.. OR UK one going to Mekelle one going to Assmara . now tell me what would be the problem if both of them land in Assmara and the Agame continued his flight to mekelle and the Eritrean stay in Assmara .... that would be logical thing to do.. but if we only have Mekelle stop then the Eritrean guy have to fly to Mekelle and only fly back to Assmara .. then he would be better off to stop over in Saudi and fly to Assmara ... then going to Mekelle or Addis Ababa

i know u r short sighted but this is the best strategic stop over for Ethiopia ... yes Mekelle and all other major city they can have their own international flight with in one hours flight this means they can use smaller plane called Q 400

this plane is enough for Mekelle to fly to Saudi , Egypt and Sudan with in one hour trip internationally or domestically ..

but for long distance flight .. Assmara is the best place to land .. after that smaller plane can flight to mekelle and Gonder etc etc.. not only Assmara EAL must have four of five starting point in Africa for example Niagara is the best country as staring point because if i want to fly from USA TO Niagara WHY WOULD i fly to Addis ABaba and go back to Niagara.. but if their is flight direct to Niagara this flight will serve Ghana and many other Western Africa .. another one is Northern city in Africa also be Ethiopian airlines starting point this way all Africa should be seen as EAL PLAY GROUND with no racism and making Ethiopian airlines truthfully African airlines

not only that BOMBARDIER Dash-8 Q400 should be use to fly to all starting point this way EAL will serve all African market as if like Ethiopian market... i can go and go on but let me stop here....

as i said anyone who want to start their own airline they should be allowed to do so but u cant tell EAL how to run their business they know better

Cigar

Post by Cigar » 10 Dec 2019, 14:03

Eritrea will not allow boarding a passenger whose destination is dirty poor tigray. In other words even if the airlines are owned by different countries, we will tell them that we will not let them land in Asmara if they have an itinerary which stops at dirty tigray.
We will only allow passengers who destinations are in other parts of ethiopia.
What part that we will go out of our way (even losing money) to suffocate you filthy agames are you not understanding?
No filthy agame will set his ugly feet or even smell Asmara's air sitting in the plane.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 10 Dec 2019, 14:18

Cigar wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 14:03
Eritrea will not allow boarding a passenger whose destination is dirty poor tigray. In other words even if the airlines are owned by different countries, we will tell them that we will not let them land in Asmara if they have an itinerary which stops at dirty tigray.
We will only allow passengers who destinations are in other parts of ethiopia.
What part that we will go out of our way (even losing money) to suffocate you filthy agames are you not understanding?
No filthy agame will set his ugly feet or even smell Asmara's air sitting in the plane.
Cigar

i am talking about stop over after your death.. the new generation will be for united state of Ethiopia .. which way u look at it u r fk .. u die for nothing u wasted 64 years of Eritrean only to end up joining Ethiopia economically .. in first place u were not planed to break away any way that PM MELES is the one who deport u by force while crying your heart out... even after 30 years u cry why u r deported..so i will not blame u if u hate the golden.. but i am talking about not even present but future Eritrea and Ethiopia relationship... Assmara will be once a week stop over for EAL FLIGHT so that all Eritrean doesnt have to come to Addis Ababa to go back to Assmara

any flight originated from Isreal will stop over in Gondar any flight that started in Saudi Arabia stop over in Golden .. this way we will make the flight so cheap u cant afford not to fly.. even it would be cheaper then taking bus..

this is part i

part II, would be opening up Massawa port forget About Assab .. because the Djibouti port took your lunch and dinner it would be waste of money and time to open up Assab now .. instead u can retake back the whole Djibouti business if you lease Assb port to Ethiopia for next 50 years ..this is the only way Ethiopia coming back to Assab port otherwise they have it good in djibouti .. as i said only Golden is the one who need Massawa port this also might be done after u and your god isissi died

kebena05

Post by kebena05 » 10 Dec 2019, 14:38

Dear Egume
The answer is NO! but
If you....
1. Hand over all crimials to the central government
2. Dismental the criminal mafia group called TPLF
3. Retrun all the looted resources and funds to the central governemt
99 Return the stolen lands to Amara and Afar regions
100 Finally, willing to increase the IQ of Tigrean population that's dragging the whole nation IQ down in the world scale LOL

Only then, Ethiopians would consider your request.

EthioRedSea

Post by EthioRedSea » 10 Dec 2019, 14:42

@[deleted]!

You do not understand what the srategic interest of Tigray is because you are not from Tigray, probabbly rom Eritrea.
Who are you to limit the flight business in Tigray? Tigray needs to have it;s own airline for services all over the world. It should not be limited to Sudan or Middle East.

Aksum is indeed a holy city as it has one of the oldest churches in the world.
As to what happens in the hotels, it is a matter for the hotel owners and the city administration.
Please stop being sarcastic about Aksum or Tigrayans. You like making jokes about Tigrayans , calling them "golden".
I think you are one of those confused Eritreans, who have made an agenda to make obstacles to Tigray's well being. I am not sure if Eritrea is to benefit if Tigray gets weak economically and politically.

kebena05

Post by kebena05 » 10 Dec 2019, 14:44

Still the answer NO!! :lol: :lol:
EthioRedSea wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 14:42
@[deleted]!

You do not understand what the srategic interest of Tigray is because you are not from Tigray, probabbly rom Eritrea.
Who are you to limit the flight business in Tigray? Tigray needs to have it;s own airline for services all over the world. It should not be limited to Sudan or Middle East.

Aksum is indeed a holy city as it has one of the oldest churches in the world.
As to what happens in the hotels, it is a matter for the hotel owners and the city administration.
Please stop being sarcastic about Aksum or Tigrayans. You like making jokes about Tigrayans , calling them "golden".
I think you are one of those confused Eritreans, who have made an agenda to make obstacles to Tigray's well being. I am not sure if Eritrea is to benefit if Tigray gets weak economically and politically.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 10 Dec 2019, 15:18

EthioRedSea wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 14:42
@[deleted]!

You do not understand what the srategic interest of Tigray is because you are not from Tigray,
EthioRedeyes,

my Golden include the Muslim too.. u go long distance to ban Mosque... to tell u the truth i dont even care about Mosque the Muslim must build industry and develop their economy instead of building Mosque ... pray in open filed until u have make your own money to build Mosque double as meeting place and so on..

you ask us economy question and i answer economy answer .... to any part of Ethiopia having Boeing airlines is not advisable this is business not prestigious competition who have bigger toy.. you buy what the economy can afford... u start out small .. by dominating short distance fly this way no airlines come closer to your price ... how in hell EAL will compete with u if u r flying to Saudi from Golden city? do u think passenger from Golden city will fly to Addis Ababa to fly back to Saudi hence u already win the market ..for this flight u dont need bigger plane all u need is smaller plane which i suggested Q400

beside that u r the one enemy of Golden not me..i am telling u fact.. and economy reality... u being emotional ..

the funny thing u said is .. u r okay with the Hotel conducting S@x trade but u r offended if Muslim build Mosque... for sure u would be okay if the Muslim build red light hotel.. let them drink alcohol as long as they dont pray Muslim prayer u r okay with it.. my question is if u allowed S@x trade in Axum what holly r u then.. all S@x trade must be banned all none Orthodox must be banned from entering Axum holly sight around 10km ... then only i agree with u to ban the Muslim otherwise u r a joke hence i am telling the finial word .. u like it or not the Muslim going to build Mosque ....

i am not buda Amhara who support the Golden Muslim to build Mosque in Axum and opposed Mosque in Lalibela Ethiopia.... the Muslim should be free to build Mosque as long as they respect the zoning .... i dont support building Mosque next to lalibela or any other Church but far away they r good to go..

this will help the Amhara for their claim to build Church in oromia and other Muslim dominated region ... otherwise while u deny Mosque in your area and want to build Church in other people area is beyond idiot .. i am done with u..

dont call me Eritrea u r an Eritrean who are looking trouble for Ethiopians .. otherwise how can we explain your behavior

Cigar

Post by Cigar » 10 Dec 2019, 15:27

Yes the answer is still big no.
We will make tegarus (the supposedly innocent filthy agames who are still hiding the criminal tplf leaders) lives miserbale even if it going to cost us.
Stop your bull crap that Djibouti ate our lunch.
Our lunch being stolen is the price we will take to bury you nasty, ungrateful agames.
Last edited by Cigar on 10 Dec 2019, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 10 Dec 2019, 15:33

kebena05 wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 14:38
Dear Egume
The answer is NO! but
If you....
1. Hand over all crimials to the central government
Only then, Ethiopians would consider your request.
kebena05

i dont mind Golden return all your list .. as long as u r willing to be returned to mengistu haile mariam and fight for your own freedom and win.. u cant enjoy freedom in the blood of Golden people .as long as you r willing to go back to mengistu haile mariam time u have a point otherwise .. if u want to get back ur so called stolen property why would you ask the thief to return to you u go out and catch the thief that is normal thing to do.. so i encourage u to go and get your stolen goods from TPLF ... IF U WANT To arrest tplf leader i say what r u waiting for do it go and see what u r made of ...

do u remember mengistu haile mariam cry because Somalia take ogaden . first he went to America when I america say no to him he run to Russia and Russia give him Cuba to fight our war.. how embarrassing is that ... then the Cuba win the war for us but we didnt give them recognition instead we pretended we win the war .. now Jahwar is the problem so what the Amhara did go to USA and ask UN TO COME AND fight our war.. how stupid can u be.. last time mengistu haile mariam called Russia we were colonized by Russia for the last 17 years..no body free u for free. so if Golden took one billion of dollar for free u it is not buutter then Russia colonized us for 17 years

EthioRedSea

Post by EthioRedSea » 10 Dec 2019, 15:41

Tigrayans will rather die than give up their leaders. That will never happen. TPLF's only mistake is giving away the whole Red Sea to slave and unworthy Eritreans. Tigray should have taken The South Mreb Region. TPLF backstabbed Tigrayans. As to favouritism to some localitis, this is an administrative issue, which should be addressed in Tigray and dealt with by the people of Tigray.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 10 Dec 2019, 15:50

Cigar wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 15:27
Yes the answer is still big no.
We will make tegarus (the supposedly innocent filthy agames who are still hiding the criminal tplf leaders) lives miserbale even if it going to cost us.
Stop your bull crap that Djibouti are our lunch.
Our lunch being stolen is the price we will take to bury you nasty, ungrateful agames.
Cigar,

u dont know how happy u make me with your answer.. i wish more people think like u and make Eritrea fail state.. once Eritrea failed state it is to make Assab port and Massawa port independent and make Eritrea landlocked nation ... so please go head make my date ..

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." — Napoleon

so why should i interrupt you riding your high horse.. your fail is imminent ... have a nice life..