Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Dawi

Re: Nobel Peace Prize winner accused: Civilians are murdered and tortured [EXPRESSEN]

Post by Dawi » 09 Dec 2019, 23:05

Rev,

This EXPRESSEN in the As** are the other side of the coin of the Oakland Institute who are against Gibe Dams. These in my view by enlarge are voyeurs who want Africa to remain primitive for eternity. What else are they offering? Nothing.

Today they will be lauded by J-Qeerroo, TPLF & assoc. ; Arrarsa and Prof. Gebisa shall be in the front line! :lol:

https://www.oaklandinstitute.org/omo-lo ... der-threat
[[..The Lower Omo Valley in Southern Ethiopia is internationally renowned for its unique cultural and ecological landscape. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Lower Omo Valley contains two national parks and is home to approximately 200,000 agro-pastoralists made up of some of Africa’s most unique and traditional ethnic groups, including the Kwegu, Bodi, Suri, Mursi, Nyangatom, Hamer, Karo, and Dassenach, among others. Historically, the area has been very isolated, and the agro-pastoralists have little experience with industrial agriculture. While livelihoods differ along the length of the Omo Valley and between ethnic groups, the majority are agro-pastoralists who practice flood-retreat agriculture on the banks of the Omo River and also raise cattle where the annual flooding of the Omo River replenishes important grazing areas. For many of these ethnic groups, cattle are a source of pride, wealth, and food, and are intimately tied to cultural identity. The annual flooding of the Omo River dictates the rhythms of life and culture that permeate the area. But with the announcement of the Gibe III dam, the livelihoods and culture of the indigenous people of the South Omo Valley face decimation. ]]

Revelations
Senior Member+

Re: Nobel Peace Prize winner accused: Civilians are murdered and tortured [EXPRESSEN]

Post by Revelations » 09 Dec 2019, 23:20

Are you condoning the killing and torturing of the native people in order to build a dam or large scale farming? Don't blame those that shine light in the evil deeds of those you support. May be try grow some heart if can! There's nothing that makes a sane person to laugh in tis report.
Dawi wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 23:05
Rev,

This EXPRESSEN in the As** are the other side of the coin of the Oakland Institute who are against Gibe Dams. These in my view by enlarge are voyeurs who want Africa to remain primitive for eternity. What else are they offering? Nothing.

Today they will be lauded by J-Qeerroo, TPLF & assoc. ; Arrarsa and Prof. Gebisa shall be in the front line! :lol:

https://www.oaklandinstitute.org/omo-lo ... der-threat
[[..The Lower Omo Valley in Southern Ethiopia is internationally renowned for its unique cultural and ecological landscape. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Lower Omo Valley contains two national parks and is home to approximately 200,000 agro-pastoralists made up of some of Africa’s most unique and traditional ethnic groups, including the Kwegu, Bodi, Suri, Mursi, Nyangatom, Hamer, Karo, and Dassenach, among others. Historically, the area has been very isolated, and the agro-pastoralists have little experience with industrial agriculture. While livelihoods differ along the length of the Omo Valley and between ethnic groups, the majority are agro-pastoralists who practice flood-retreat agriculture on the banks of the Omo River and also raise cattle where the annual flooding of the Omo River replenishes important grazing areas. For many of these ethnic groups, cattle are a source of pride, wealth, and food, and are intimately tied to cultural identity. The annual flooding of the Omo River dictates the rhythms of life and culture that permeate the area. But with the announcement of the Gibe III dam, the livelihoods and culture of the indigenous people of the South Omo Valley face decimation. ]]

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 09 Dec 2019, 23:37

Revelations wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 23:20
Are you condoning the killing and torturing of the native people in order to build a dam or large scale farming? Don't blame those that shine light in the evil deeds of those you support. May be try grow some heart if can! There's nothing that makes a sane person to laugh in tis report.

I kind of knew that was coming for being frank about voyeurs who show "5" years old scars (sometimes cultural practices) and bug bites of the impoverished Africans? The reason Gibe Dam is being built is to fight change the impoverished life of the people who live around there for one.

Rev - If Abiy is responsible for bug bites, you & I are too! For crying out loud!

My laughing was imagining Tigrai Media House posting this video not knowing they're laughing at Meles & themselves.

Sorry for offending you.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 11 Dec 2019, 10:44

Dawi wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 23:37
Revelations wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 23:20

I kind of knew that was coming for being frank about voyeurs who show "5" years old scars (sometimes cultural practices) and bug bites of the impoverished Africans? The reason Gibe Dam is being built is to fight change the impoverished life of the people who live around there for one.

Rev - If Abiy is responsible for bug bites, you & I are too! For crying out loud!

My laughing was imagining Tigrai Media House posting this video not knowing they're laughing at Meles & themselves.

Sorry for offending you.
Rev,

What did I tell you?

TPLF cadres never fail!

Aiga Forum Posted on their site the "voyeurs" video that insulted Meles/TPLF! It is a disgrace to Meles to say the least! :cry:

You don't see Dr. Abiy's Nobel Price speech on their site. Shame on them!

You see! If there was anything to be salvaged out of TPLF/EPRDF, ODP/EPRDF did it already!

With all its draw backs, if anybody carried the best of Meles/EPRDF, it is Dr. Abiy/EPRDF.

Consider that Nobel speech as the epitome of it all and the final chapter of EPRDF!

For better or worse, now, let us all consider it as transformed to "Prosperity"!

The duds in TPLF. as in the Aiga Forums, can continue to entertain us for the rest of their remaining lives.

[[Nobel Peace Prize winner accused: Civilians are murdered and tortured
Ethiopias Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed recieves the Nobel Peace Prize tomorrow in Oslo. But at the same time the security forces of this year's Nobel Peace laureate are being accused of quietly killing and torturing people from the Mursi, Bodi and Suri tribes in southern Ethiopia. Expressen's reporter Torbjörn Selander travelled undercover to the region...]] http://aigaforum.com/

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 11 Dec 2019, 14:16

I bet "Expressen" didn't say a word, about the 2 decades long of weyane genocides and crimes against humanity.

Revelations
Senior Member+

Post by Revelations » 11 Dec 2019, 18:37

Zmeselo wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 14:16
I bet "Expressen" didn't say a word, about the 2 decades long of weyane genocides and crimes against humanity.
According to Dawii (expert in justfiying TPLF crimes on the Omo people, it's the Oakland Institute that did speak on behalf of the victims.

South Omo Valley’s cruelest land grab: TPLF soldiers tie together Ethiopians & shepherd them like animals to desperation & deaths

By Keffyalew Gebremedhin – The Ethiopia Observatory (TEO)

The above is a horrifying sample picture from South Omo Valley. It shows the world in real time – thanks to the social media – the abuses and mistreatment commonfolks daily suffer in Ethiopian in the hands of the TPLF regime.

Root of the problem is that the TPLF has no legitimacy in the eyes of Ethiopians, no matter its 100 percent electoral victory in May 2015, which President Barack Obama lauded as “democratic”. What the picture is showing is that TPLF soldiers imprisoning South Omo Ethiopians protesting the seizure of their communal lands – land grab – and their dislocation, in a manner not different from a slave master handles the slaves he prepares for the market!

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 11 Dec 2019, 20:25

Z & Rev,

The 2003 Gambela Report Rev posted earlier was more or less documented and verified as EPRDF crime.

The "sensational" one by Oakland Institute circulated around the world; the lousy looking rope tied here & there that looked like the past US slavery*** type was a disgrace in my view. The Institute knew what they were doing; promoting that picture to get the maximum outcome in opposing the Gibe Dams Ethiopia is building to get electricity for the poor.

Meles had spoken clearly against it; I think Ethiopians knew better than those who pour crocodile tears then. Such voyeurs want Africans to remain in poverty for their entertainment to eternity.

Now, you opportunists can join voyeurs and blame Abiy again for the same "crime" Meles was accused of in the past if you like but, I am sure the DR. is not stopping dam development; the Renaissance one or the others. He knows better than that!

An escaped slave named Peter showing his scarred back at a medical examination in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1863.
Library of Congress

Revelations wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 18:37
Zmeselo wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 14:16
According to Dawii (expert in justfiying TPLF crimes on the Omo people, it's the Oakland Institute that did speak on behalf of the victims.

South Omo Valley’s cruelest land grab: TPLF soldiers tie together Ethiopians & shepherd them like animals to desperation & deaths

By Keffyalew Gebremedhin – The Ethiopia Observatory (TEO)

The above is a horrifying sample picture from South Omo Valley. It shows the world in real time – thanks to the social media – the abuses and mistreatment commonfolks daily suffer in Ethiopian in the hands of the TPLF regime.

Root of the problem is that the TPLF has no legitimacy in the eyes of Ethiopians, no matter its 100 percent electoral victory in May 2015, which President Barack Obama lauded as “democratic”. What the picture is showing is that TPLF soldiers imprisoning South Omo Ethiopians protesting the seizure of their communal lands – land grab – and their dislocation, in a manner not different from a slave master handles the slaves he prepares for the market!