Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
kibramlak

EPP is EPRDF 2.0. Here is why ? (and we don't know why Lemma cries)

Post by kibramlak » 04 Dec 2019, 01:51

As we all know, EPRDF is a group of Ethnic fronts, in which each member (Ethnic front) wants to fulfill the needs of respective ethics (in theory,, and practically those setting in the name of ethnic group uses the system as their personal business).

And now, from what we hear, the newly formed EPP (aka PP, which I dont like this calling as PP - means urine in french), seems to be ethnic based composition. The only difference with EPRDF is that EPP is composed of offices of ethnics instead of party or organization or front of Ethnics. Thus, EPP has oromia office of EPP, Amhara office of EPP, etc.....

I dont see much difference in terms of structure except we hear that EPP will protect both individual and group rights, contrary to EPRDF which protect only group rights and interests.

I think, as long as EPP offices are ethnic based, one can't see anything new except to say that it is like EPRDF 2.0

In terms of power consolidation, however, EPP will give more power to the federal office compared to the EPRDF time. During EPRDF, regional "presidents" meet only for budget sharing, on which the federal office had weak but clear authority. Other than that, regional administrators were free to do anything they wish - including killing people, burning or confesicating properties without the knowledge of (or without due consideration) of the federal office.

Another monumental move in EPP (EPRDF 2.0) is that TPLF (the trouble maker, the pessimistic,the spoiler of all) is pushed of or made irrelevant. So, I really could not get it why Lemma is crying so much about EPP...

Lastly, if any one has got the digital version of the EPP program, please share it with us here