Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
EthioRedSea
Member
Posts: 619
Joined: 31 Aug 2019, 11:55

Aksum Tsion Mariam Anniversary Celebrations (Hidar Tsion)

Post by EthioRedSea » 01 Dec 2019, 04:09


Degnet
Senior Member+
Posts: 23427
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:48

Re: Aksum Tsion Mariam Anniversary Celebrations (Hidar Tsion)

Post by Degnet » 01 Dec 2019, 04:20

EthioRedSea wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 04:09
My grand mother's aunt who also raised my mother has been to Axum for this celebration before the second Italian invasion of Ethiopia.
Last edited by Degnet on 01 Dec 2019, 04:24, edited 2 times in total.

EthioRedSea
Member
Posts: 619
Joined: 31 Aug 2019, 11:55

Re: Aksum Tsion Mariam Anniversary Celebrations (Hidar Tsion)

Post by EthioRedSea » 01 Dec 2019, 04:22

A magnificient history , that gave it's Lion's share to make life bearable by spreading Christianity all over the world and Africa.




The Northern Stelae Park in Aksum, where the celeberations to commomerate Tsion Mariam take place, every year for about 1600 years.

Degnet
Senior Member+
Posts: 23427
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:48

Re: Aksum Tsion Mariam Anniversary Celebrations (Hidar Tsion)

Post by Degnet » 01 Dec 2019, 04:28

EthioRedSea wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 04:22
A magnificient history , that gave it's Lion's share to make life bearable by spreading Christianity all over the world and Africa.




The Northern Stelae Park in Aksum, where the celeberations to commomerate Tsion Mariam take place, every year for about 1600 years.
Kidane Mehret Betekristian Mekelle that is no more was a replica of the old Mariam Axum Betekristian.The new was built on the old ones place by emperor Haileslassie but my cousin once said,it should have been left as it was like it is in Axum.But there was no enough place for both inside the compound.



EthioRedSea
Member
Posts: 619
Joined: 31 Aug 2019, 11:55

Re: Aksum Tsion Mariam Anniversary Celebrations (Hidar Tsion)

Post by EthioRedSea » 01 Dec 2019, 04:55

Ezana was the first Christian king . The commomeration of Marya Tsion without Ezana is not possible.

Degnet
Senior Member+
Posts: 23427
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:48

Re: Aksum Tsion Mariam Anniversary Celebrations (Hidar Tsion)

Post by Degnet » 01 Dec 2019, 04:58

EthioRedSea wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 04:55
Ezana was the first Christian king . The commomeration of Marya Tsion without Ezana is not possible.
The only way you can win is if you change yourself.See beyond the wall.Love,don't fight on things you don't know well.

EthioRedSea
Member
Posts: 619
Joined: 31 Aug 2019, 11:55

Re: Aksum Tsion Mariam Anniversary Celebrations (Hidar Tsion)

Post by EthioRedSea » 01 Dec 2019, 05:01



King Ezana minced coins, some of which showed the cross meaning Ezana accepted Christianity as offical religion of The Kindom of Aksum.

Degnet
Senior Member+
Posts: 23427
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:48

Re: Aksum Tsion Mariam Anniversary Celebrations (Hidar Tsion)

Post by Degnet » 01 Dec 2019, 05:03

EthioRedSea wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 05:01


King Ezana minced coins, some of which showed the cross meaning Ezana accepted Christianity as offical religion of The Kindom of Aksum.
We have studied it in history,what is now is,we both claim it and the solution is brotherhood between the next generation,the young Eritreans are peaceful people,they need space.They will laugh at hard liners.Most of all,I am a member of the world wide christianity.sebeayn deliken chehmen tselieken.Neskatum ab le'eli Eritrawian ketefekeru ikum etemetsu kelie teuy elama ayblekumn.Mewadadertkum dema etom gezai party eyom kelie bezaeba Eritrea etfeltewo neger yelen.

EthioRedSea
Member
Posts: 619
Joined: 31 Aug 2019, 11:55

Re: Aksum Tsion Mariam Anniversary Celebrations (Hidar Tsion)

Post by EthioRedSea » 01 Dec 2019, 05:26

There is no problem between Tigrayans and Eritreans (North Mereb). But it is wrong to associate Eritrea with Aksumite Kingdom. The "Eritreans" are Tigrayans, colonised by Italy with the help of Menelik II. I think "Eritrea" should change it's name to "North Mereb" or something similar. Not only Aksum, but many other historical towns like Lalibella are historical artefacts for all Ethiopians or Tigrayans North of The Mereb River, now called Eritrea. For honour and respect of our ancenctors who were never colonised, Aksum is Tigrayan and remains Tigrayan (Ethiopia). It is is stupid to call Aksum as if it is art of Eritrea. This a disrespect to our forefather who lived free. Eritreans are unfortunately slaves and colonised by Italy. I feel the sufferingof the Eritreans who they were under Italy. But Tigrayans manged to protect themselves from foreign invaders, not by chance but by hard struggle. It was Enderta war lords who were driving away foreign ivaders to Massawa and other parts of North Mereb.

Degnet
Senior Member+
Posts: 23427
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:48

Re: Aksum Tsion Mariam Anniversary Celebrations (Hidar Tsion)

Post by Degnet » 01 Dec 2019, 05:53

EthioRedSea wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 05:26
There is no problem between Tigrayans and Eritreans (North Mereb). But it is wrong to associate Eritrea with Aksumite Kingdom. The "Eritreans" are Tigrayans, colonised by Italy with the help of Menelik II. I think "Eritrea" should change it's name to "North Mereb" or something similar. Not only Aksum, but many other historical towns like Lalibella are historical artefacts for all Ethiopians or Tigrayans North of The Mereb River, now called Eritrea. For honour and respect of our ancenctors who were never colonised, Aksum is Tigrayan and remains Tigrayan (Ethiopia). It is is stupid to call Aksum as if it is art of Eritrea. This a disrespect to our forefather who lived free. Eritreans are unfortunately slaves and colonised by Italy. I feel the sufferingof the Eritreans who they were under Italy. But Tigrayans manged to protect themselves from foreign invaders, not by chance but by hard struggle. It was Enderta war lords who were driving away foreign ivaders to Massawa and other parts of North Mereb.
Tselaeti bebezuh mengedi eyom zmetsuna,nehna elama alena,brotherhood between these two people.Neze'ebeyuni abotat ika etetsaref zeleka.I don't like people like this,the reason for the past war,narrow minded people.Gereb sheger.I was raised as a royal.I can not hurt people,there are Eritreans I know here who love me just as I am.My father's advice to me this time would have been stick to God.

Post Reply