Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
info

So far PM Abiy's new Party is the best alternative on the table

Post by info » 20 Nov 2019, 17:13

We have tones of political parties and most of them can be group into two major camps. Tribal that are exclusively for one ethnic group and the so called unity camp like Ezema. Both camps have huge deficiencies in addressing the concerns of the other camp and so far no party came up with a convincing formula that has a potential to address the major concerns of both camps. Both camps are stuck in their own closed and often blinded world never able to see the concern of the other side other than attacking and demonizing.

In my view the new prosperity party of PM Abiy is so far the only party that seems at least to be capable of seeing the concerns of both groups and trying to practically address their issues. Of course there are huge hurdles on the road and we don't know for sure if the party becomes a reality. But so far it looks like this is the best attempt to get the country out of hate based extreme backward tribalism and also from a blind one language/one culture dominated Ethiopia into a modern multi lingual and multi cultural democratic republic.

There are of course many ideas and suggestions that may be even better than this and one can also find many deficiencies with the PM's attempt but from all that are presented on the table from all political parties currently, this one seems to be the best attempt to bring forth a genuine equality based multi lingual democratic society. And if the PM successfully implements this new initiative, I think he will be remembered as the father of the nation and the Abrham Lincon of Ethiopia for the generations to come. The implications are far reaching and we will only be able to grasp its magnitude to the fullest in the long future.

Hawzen
Member+

Re: So far PM Abiy's new Party is the best alternative on the table

Post by Hawzen » 20 Nov 2019, 18:48

I have heard many Ethiopian friends and neighbours that I know expressing their happiness that that filthy EHADEG (EPRDF) name is going to be thrown into dustbin and it will be history soon. They said EHADEG/EPRDF reminds them so much about TPLF that it makes them want throw-up. Let me ask you one question:

May Ethiopians believe that TPLF is a liability for the Prosperity Party. Do you think kicking TPLF from the Ethiopian Prosperity Party and dumping TPLF's Abiyotawi Democracy/TPLF's Revolutionary Democracy ideology once and for all make the new EPP party look like completely changed one in the eyes of Ethiopian masses?

Your expertise is appreciated, brother info.

Dedebit is always dedeb
R.I.P Abay Tigray and TPLF

info

Post by info » 20 Nov 2019, 19:28

Brother Hawzen,

in my view one of the purpose of this new party is to get rid of TPLF. TPLF is just a destructive party that is not ready for a genuine democratic transition. It will be hard for many, including me, to support the new party if TPLF is included unless TPLF gets new reformist leadership that is committed to genuine democracy. And if the new TPLF move (TPLF declined to participate in EPRDF council meeting - see below) is any indication, then it looks like TPLF is out and will not be included in the new party which is the right thing to do. The new party and its liberal democratic principles are completely opposite to the stone age dictatorial system called "revolutionary democracy". It is time for TPLF to do soul searching and also overhauling the party, getting rid of its communist ideologies and its destructive actions. Currently TPLF is in no position to be part of the new progressive movement. አጋር ፓርቲ ሆኖ ግን ተመልካችና ታዛቢ መሆን ይችላል :lol: My hope is another genuine party from Tigray or a truly reformed TPLF would join the new party in the future.

Please wait, video is loading...
Hawzen wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 18:48
I have heard many Ethiopian friends and neighbours that I know expressing their happiness that that filthy EHADEG (EPRDF) name is going to be thrown into dustbin and it will be history soon. They said EHADEG/EPRDF reminds them so much about TPLF that it makes them want throw-up. Let me ask you one question:

May Ethiopians believe that TPLF is a liability for the Prosperity Party. Do you think kicking TPLF from the Ethiopian Prosperity Party and dumping TPLF's Abiyotawi Democracy/TPLF's Revolutionary Democracy ideology once and for all make the new EPP party look like completely changed one in the eyes of Ethiopian masses?

Dedebit is always dedeb

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 20 Nov 2019, 19:59

info wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 19:28
Brother Hawzen,

in my view one of the purpose of this new party is to get rid of TPLF. TPLF is just a destructive party that is not ready for a genuine democratic transition. It will be hard for many, including me, to support the new party if TPLF is included unless TPLF gets new reformist leadership that is committed to genuine democracy. And if the new TPLF move (TPLF declined to participate in EPRDF council meeting - see below) is any indication, then it looks like TPLF is out and will not be included in the new party which is the right thing to do. The new party and its liberal democratic principles are completely opposite to the stone age dictatorial system called "revolutionary democracy". It is time for TPLF to do soul searching and also overhauling the party, getting rid of its communist ideologies and its destructive actions. Currently TPLF is in no position to be part of the new progressive movement. አጋር ፓርቲ ሆኖ ግን ተመልካችና ታዛቢ መሆን ይችላል :lol: My hope is another genuine party from Tigray or a truly reformed TPLF would join the new party in the future.

Please wait, video is loading...
Hawzen wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 18:48

Dedebit is always dedeb
Thank you, brother info.

By the way, I like the idea that TPLF becoming "አጋር ፓርቲ ሆኖ ግን ተመልካችና ታዛቢ መሆን" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . I remember when TPLF used to be the giant in Ethiopian politics. Now they are back to where they should have been. Let's be honest here; they are minority and their killil is the least important in Ethiopian economy and political decision making ....

Dedebit is always dedeb