Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Revelations
Senior Member+

"state of peace-but-no-change seems to have replaced the no-war-no-peace stalemate"

Post by Revelations » 14 Nov 2019, 19:29

Did Abiy promise documents or handing of land to Issu?

With the border between both countries being still closed again at the time of writing, and rising frustrations from the Ethiopian side who claim they sent detailed documents on future border arrangements to Eritrea quite some time ago and never received a response

Revelations
Senior Member+

Re: "state of peace-but-no-change seems to have replaced the no-war-no-peace stalemate"

Post by Revelations » 14 Nov 2019, 20:17

Zmeselo wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 19:50
Gibberish!
When did the issue change to "transporting goods across the border?"

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Re: "state of peace-but-no-change seems to have replaced the no-war-no-peace stalemate"

Post by Zmeselo » 14 Nov 2019, 20:26

Gibberish, because

1. The land doesn't belong to "Issu", whoever that is

2. The frustration belongs to foreign war mongers, not to the Ethiopian govt. The relationship is going alright.

3. No mention of weyane tgray

Jaegol

Post by Jaegol » 14 Nov 2019, 20:34

Closing the border permanently might be the best option for now.
The assab border should open soon, but with TPlf in charge and contemplating the option of turning Tigray to the new Somaliland of Ethiopia, the best option is to keep the blockades on both north and south. The federal gov is working on blocking East and west outlets which will give the junta in Mekele taste of what to come if they were to invoke article 39.

It’s all good
———
Revelations wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 20:17
Zmeselo wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 19:50
Gibberish!
When did the issue change to "transporting goods across the border?"

Revelations
Senior Member+

Post by Revelations » 14 Nov 2019, 20:58

Zmeselo wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 20:26
Gibberish, because

1. The land doesn't belong to "Issu", whoever that is

2. The frustration belongs to foreign war mongers, not to the Ethiopian govt. The relationship is going alright.

3. No mention of weyane tgray
OK! scratch Issu and Abiy from the list. Who do we have left? And who's telling the "foreign war mongers" there's trouble brewing? Was the war about cross border trade flow? Why no mention of the land issue at all?

Here's an additional surprise, at least to me. Was the war ever about having similar "political systems" between Ethiopia and Eritrea? Is that even the case between other bordering countries for either one of them?

And last but not least, there will be no mention of woyane as long as there's not mention of land issues:: See how they got you to drop that issue.

To consolidate the potential for peace, broader institutional relationships are needed between the two countries. Mechanisms—like a “red phone,” back-channels, and regular engagements at the ministerial and working levels—have proven in other circumstances to effectively manage conflict and disagreements when they arise. The two countries cannot continually rely solely on their leaders’ personal relationship. The risks of highly personalized relationships are not theoretical. Ethiopia’s previous prime minister also had a strong personal relationship with Eritrean leader Isaias Afwerki. When things soured, there was little that could restrain the war.

Sustained peace between the two countries also depends on the ability and willingness of both leaders to foster reforms at home. In the initial months after the border was opened, renewed family contact and bilateral trade offered a glimpse of positive potential, but also revealed the stark challenges that remained for two countries who are advancing from vastly different starting points.

https://www.usip.org/publications/2019/ ... ld-be-home

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 14 Nov 2019, 21:34

We've the Eritrean people left. They fought the war & went through years of sanctions. PIA alone, didn't do it.

As for who told the foreign war-mongers, they don't need to be told anything. They're the instigators & fire-starters of wars, allover the globe. They're pissed off, that we're still not killing one another.

Let's together, remove the cancer in our midst. The weyane junta, standing in between us.

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 14 Nov 2019, 22:12

:roll: :roll:

W/O Revulsion,

I have no contention if you keep dancing to the tune of 'white-man-is-always-right' hymn while squabbling, as you've been doing throughtout your history, with your 'conuntrymen' for elbow space in that crowded train as long as you don't insist on being the operator of the motorcade.

Revelations
Senior Member+

Post by Revelations » 14 Nov 2019, 23:10

Zmeselo wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 21:34
We've the Eritrean people left. They fought the war & went through years of sanctions. PIA alone, didn't do it.

As for who told the foreign war-mongers, they don't need to be told anything. They're the instigators & fire-starters of wars, allover the globe. They're pissed off, that we're still not killing one another.

Let's together, remove the cancer in our midst. The weyane junta, standing in between us.
I don't know about you aboy z, but it's certainly necessary to have leaders handle such issues between nations even if you're dropping Issu. You need to come up with another leader soon otherwise you will be traveling on the woyane road of "people to people" drama!

People to people never hated each other we all know! (except the haters who project their feelings onto the people, of course! )

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 14 Nov 2019, 23:21

Trying to remove Weyane from Ethiopia is like surgically removing a bullet lodged in the brain. Even if the patient survives, he becomes paralyzed for life.

My Weyanay advise is: Don't do it!

Revelations
Senior Member+

Post by Revelations » 15 Nov 2019, 01:25

Digital Weyane wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 23:21
Trying to remove Weyane from Ethiopia is like surgically removing a bullet lodged in the brain. Even if the patient survives, he becomes paralyzed for life.

Waiting for the "de'facto state' to be announced. What's taking so long? And how will you manage your borders from north to south, east to west?

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Nov 2019, 01:45

Revelations wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 23:10
Zmeselo wrote:

I don't know about you aboy z, but it's certainly necessary to have leaders handle such issues between nations even if you're dropping Issu. You need to come up with another leader soon otherwise you will be traveling on the woyane road of "people to people" drama!

People to people never hated each other we all know! (except the haters who project their feelings onto the people, of course! )
I'm not dropping him. I'm countering the way you diminish the roll of the Eritrean ppl, which are his backbone, yenie lij.

You seem to sometimes forget the size & population number of my country compared to yours, in your analysis.

You got to admit when considering that, what miracle makers we're.

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 15 Nov 2019, 04:05

Revelations wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 01:25
Digital Weyane wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 23:21

Waiting for the "de'facto state' to be announced. What's taking so long? And how will you manage your borders from north to south, east to west?
That is very easy.

Our Eastern Tigray's international border will be guarded by our Raya people.

Our Southern Tigray's international border will be guarded by our Welkait people.

And our Western Tigray's international border will be guarded by our Humera people.

The only problem we're facing is on our northern international border due to Shabiya's refusal to withdraw its troops from the area. But my Digital Weyane brother Awash/QB/Justice Seeker/c beoynd/Goba/ and my boss eden/kerenite/AbyssiniaLady are working to solve the problem by fighting against Eritreans on this forum, so we don't have to fight them in the border region. We Weyane are problem solvers by nature. :mrgreen:

Revelations
Senior Member+

Post by Revelations » 15 Nov 2019, 08:05

Zmeselo wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 01:45
Revelations wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:

I'm not dropping him. I'm countering the way you diminish the roll of the Eritrean ppl, which are his backbone, yenie lij.

You seem to sometimes forget the size & population number of my country compared to yours, in your analysis.

Akoye Z, it's always good to face reality head on! Whatever way you want to slice it, the title of this thread as pushed by whoever should concern you very much. They are saying for all practical purposes, the only issue that's left is signing of some documents which Abiy Ahimed has told them has been forwarded to your country that hasn't been signed to restart cross border commerce and yes, for Eritrea to reform its politics.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Nov 2019, 08:18

Revelations wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 08:05
Zmeselo wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 01:45
Revelations wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:

Akoye Z, it's always good to face reality head on! Whatever way you want to slice it, the title of this thread as pushed by whoever should concern you very much. They are saying for all practical purposes, the only issue that's left is signing of some documents which Abiy Ahimed has told them has been forwarded to your country that hasn't been signed to restart cross border commerce and yes, for Eritrea to reform its politics.
I just don't believe PM Abyi told them that, let alone his govt being frustrated.

But if by some chance the story is true, his govt's frustration must be directed towards the weyane junta straddling the border & this woman is misconstruing it for being the Eri govt. the source of that frustration.

Look, we just saw Amb. Asmerom meeting ethio. ministers & the mayor of AA. Did you see any tension? I didn't!

Besides, didn't you a few days ago post the roads from Assab to the border being renovated? Why go through all that, if Eritrea is unwilling?