Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

This b**ch should be told, to learn something and improve her cheap life

Post by DefendTheTruth » 14 Nov 2019, 17:09

Awekish, awekish beluat, metshaf atebech alu.

She doesn't feel any shame when she tries to compare Emperor Menelik with Nazi and the Holocaust. It is a sort of inserting a stick into the wounds of others.

She will get a big problem if she tried to open her mouth in such a way somewhere else, donqoro telalaki!

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: This b**ch should be told, to learn something and improve her cheap life

Post by DefendTheTruth » 14 Nov 2019, 17:18

She was given a prepared script and sent with purpose to interview Obbo Taye Danda'a Adero, it was very clear from her own interview in the aftermaths of the recent violence in the country. Obbo Taye said that she editted the original interview.

In this case as well it is more than evident that she was given a scripted sort of interogation in the name of an interview. She decided to lose her credibility by attaching herself to the political prostit*tes in our country.

What a shame?

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 14 Nov 2019, 19:19

DefendTheTruth wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 17:09

She doesn't feel any shame when she tries to compare Emperor Menelik with Nazi and the Holocaust. It is a sort of inserting a stick into the wounds of others.

She will get a big problem if she tried to open her mouth in such a way somewhere else, donqoro telalaki!

I don't understand why you are calling Bethy names. She did what she is supposed to do as a journalist. Her program is always hard talk and she strives challenging politicians. She asked questions what the ordinary Oromo people think and believe about Minelike. I am sure she would also challenge Jawar for the killing of over 80 people and burning Churches he authorized in Oromia when/if he comes to her show. I personally admire Bethy so much. She always challenges politicians and activists and there is nothing personal there. But I found brother Aman Jundi a broad minded and brilliant Oromo politician unlike very few narrow minded Oromo activists and politicians who creating unrest in every corner in Oromia. Many innocent people have been losing their lives and a lot of mothers are mourning because of this ignorant selfish individausl.

Remember Meles was considered as an angel in the land of locust but we know what he did to the rest of Ethiopian and Eritreans. You can't tell the people of Oromo how they should feel about King Minelik if he had massacred their people. I can tell you how we Eritreans feel about the three criminal midgets ( Haile-Slassie, Mengistu and Meles) and nobody can tell my people how we should feel about them. But at the same time, It is not right to blame and revenge on the people of Amhara or Tigray for crimes these three leaders committed on the people of Eritrea. In my opinion, I don't understand why very few fanatic and narrow minded Oromo activists and specially Jawar led Queerroos hold the people of Amhara responsible if Minelik had massacred Oromo over many many decades ago. It feels very few Oromo people suffer the same syndrome some black American suffer about slavery that happened way before the current generation.

May God bless Ethiopia and the Honorable Prime Minister Dr. Abby

Dedebit is always dedeb
R.I.P Abay Tigray and TPLF

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 14 Nov 2019, 19:44

I don't think American slavery and the Oromo Ethiopian experience is the same in any way . So making a general statement like yours doesn't help either. If you are talking about just what you feel something or some one can not be justified as truth. If you dig deep into Amhara and Oromo Ethiopians you will find a lair of truth which one is no less important than the other. Having said that Bethy's is far from being a professional Journalist, that is she is not neutral. If you watch her interview of Taye Denda, her bias , and her attack on Taye was pointed, to make him a backbiter to Orom cause. She was not concerned about the Ethnic cleansing that was perpetrated by Jawar instigated mob. Her concerns were the supposedly Unity of Oromos was challenged by Taye Denda stance against Jawar. Here questions were -- jawar didn't call oroms to come out and kill, why you didn't hash it out behind close doors as Weyanes, and she cut of Taye's condemnation of Jawar out of the record. Yea the Owener of the station is an Ethiopian Oromo he seems to be a fair minded but the closeness the station has with jawar also is a factor in all of these.

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 14 Nov 2019, 20:35

TGAA wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 19:44
I don't think American slavery and the Oromo Ethiopian experience is the same in any way . So making a general statement like yours doesn't help either. If you are talking about just what you feel something or some one can not be justified as truth. If you dig deep into Amhara and Oromo Ethiopians you will find a lair of truth which one is no less important than the other. Having said that Bethy's is far from being a professional Journalist, that is she is not neutral. If you watch her interview of Taye Denda, her bias , and her attack on Taye was pointed, to make him a backbiter to Orom cause. She was not concerned about the Ethnic cleansing that was perpetrated by Jawar instigated mob. Her concerns were the supposedly Unity of Oromos was challenged by Taye Denda stance against Jawar. Here questions were -- jawar didn't call oroms to come out and kill, why you didn't hash it out behind close doors as Weyanes, and she cut of Taye's condemnation of Jawar out of the record. Yea the Owener of the station is an Ethiopian Oromo he seems to be a fair minded but the closeness the station has with jawar also is a factor in all of these.
Brother TGAA,

I think there is misunderstanding here...I am not trying to make the history of American Slavery and the people Oromo experience the same or even at the same level. Let me be very clear about one thing.. I don't know the history of King Minelik and the alleged massacre on the people of Oromo. But at the same time, nobody has the right to tell the people of Oromo how they should feel about Minelik. In a country which is so diversified, one should expect that one leader is admired by one ethnic while hated by another ethnic. For example, I am sure King Haile Slasie is considered like a saint by the people of Amhara and they have the right to praise him. At the same time, we Eritreans hate King Haile Slassie so much since the same midget massacred Eritrean children and women for many many years. One thing we Eritreans should never do is to hate or revenge on the people of Amhara.. It is not wise to do so. The same also goes to the coward little frog Meles who killed millions of Amhara people and destroyed the lives of over hundred thousand Eritrean people because he did not like the colour of our eyes. But I don't think Eritreans should revenge on ordinary agames.
My point is that you can't punish ordinary Amhara people in Oromia killil for the sins of King Minelik if he had massacred Oromo people. If Oromo are killing innocent Amhara people, then they should not have the moral ground to accuse King Minelike for massacring innocent Oromo people. It is like " a pot calling the kettle black".

When it comes to Bethy, you know that she is from an Oromo sister and the station she works is owned most likely by Oromo. It is very hard to be completely fair-minded.. It would be very fascinated to watch her interviewing Jawar though... Then only then.. I can tell if she is unfair or a bi@tch as brother DefendtheTruth called her..

So far, she has not made me believe she is a bi@tch... In fact, she is a very good journalist who is not scared to ask challenging questions to politicians and activists regardless of their ethnicity...

Dedebit is always dedeb

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 14 Nov 2019, 20:53

Hawzen wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 20:35
would be very fascinated to watch her interviewing Jawar though...

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 14 Nov 2019, 22:33

eden wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 20:53
Hawzen wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 20:35
would be very fascinated to watch her interviewing Jawar though...

Thank you, agame sister Eden.

This interview was conducted when the people of Ethiopia was celebrating the official death of TPLF. Jawar was also considered as a hero during that time. Now, the stage Ethiopia is in completely different. Many Ethiopians don't think Jawar these days is the same as Jawar in the interview. It still would be very fascinating to see sister Betty interviewing Jawar these days after many people have been beheaded, stoned and churches burned by his queerooos in his own killil Oromia. I think she would challenge him by starting the false claim he made "the government wanted to kill me." and the aftermath of it..

Dedebit is always dedeb

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 14 Nov 2019, 22:55

Howzen, It is off the topic, I have a question for you: Have you had the chance to read Eritrea, a colony in transition 1942-52 . Written by G.K.N Trevaskis. London: oxford University press for Royal institute of International affairs,1960. It’s a book that opened my eye’s about Eritrea. If you have read it, I want to hear your take , if not I really suggest you read it. Its warning to Ethiopia, is almost prophetic .

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 14 Nov 2019, 23:12

TGAA wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 22:55
Howzen, It is off the topic, I have a question for you: Have you had the chance to read Eritrea, a colony in transition 1942-52 . Written by G.K.N Trevaskis. London: oxford University press for Royal institute of International affairs,1960. It’s a book that opened my eye’s about Eritrea. If you have read it, I want to hear your take , if not I really suggest you read it. Its warning to Ethiopia, is almost prophetic .

No, I have not read this particular book. But I am going to read it.

Thank you, brother TGAA for the recommendation.

Dedebit is always dedeb

lion1116

Post by lion1116 » 15 Nov 2019, 00:47

Hawzen wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 19:19
DefendTheTruth wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 17:09

I don't understand why you are calling Bethy names. She did what she is supposed to do as a journalist. Her program is always hard talk and she strives challenging politicians. She asked questions what the ordinary Oromo people think and believe about Minelike. I am sure she would also challenge Jawar for the killing of over 80 people and burning Churches he authorized in Oromia when/if he comes to her show. I personally admire Bethy so much. She always challenges politicians and activists and there is nothing personal there. But I found brother Aman Jundi a broad minded and brilliant Oromo politician unlike very few narrow minded Oromo activists and politicians who creating unrest in every corner in Oromia. Many innocent people have been losing their lives and a lot of mothers are mourning because of this ignorant selfish individausl.

Remember Meles was considered as an angel in the land of locust but we know what he did to the rest of Ethiopian and Eritreans. You can't tell the people of Oromo how they should feel about King Minelik if he had massacred their people. I can tell you how we Eritreans feel about the three criminal midgets ( Haile-Slassie, Mengistu and Meles) and nobody can tell my people how we should feel about them. But at the same time, It is not right to blame and revenge on the people of Amhara or Tigray for crimes these three leaders committed on the people of Eritrea. In my opinion, I don't understand why very few fanatic and narrow minded Oromo activists and specially Jawar led Queerroos hold the people of Amhara responsible if Minelik had massacred Oromo over many many decades ago. It feels very few Oromo people suffer the same syndrome some black American suffer about slavery that happened way before the current generation.

Dedebit is always dedeb
American slavery and Oromo vs Menelik is not even remotely similar. American slavery is literally the forced labor of millions followed by hundreds of years of systematic oppression , hangings, beatings, segregation, literally the entire country is against any black person. Mass incarceration, deliberate spreading of drugs, black leaders assassinated, banks giving unfair housing loans, slave patrol which later became police force. To this day whites still hate, cops shoot children dead right at this moment. Oromo waged war on the south of Ethiopia constantly invading and destroying villages . Problem is they lost to Menelik which was the last war . It’s part of history who cares it’s done. In America whites are benefiting from generations of free labor can you imagine the amount of wealth generated ? Still they want to kill blacks even after all of that. What Oromo face are ethno nationalist politicians who corrupt their minds, every Tigrai, Amhara, Oromo etc are poor unemployed sitting on computer nashing their teeth like hyenas arguing over the silliest things. Can’t you see your stupid tribal affiliation doesn’t mean [deleted], your destroying your own self. When any white person goes to any white country they will be treated good no matter what because the person is German, Swedish , Italian they all consider themselves Europeans (they are all devils ) . Yet one Ethiopian can’t go near some other Ethiopians because they are different tribe lol meanwhile Egypt , Italy, Saudi , al shabab laughing. (Also the generations of people who are descendants of slff thy ave owners still benefit from wealth generated from smacertg

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Nov 2019, 00:57

The Royal Institutet of International Affairs, was founded by the arch- racist Cecil Rhodes. The "father" of Rhodesia; today's Zimbabwe.

For further reading:

https://modernhistoryproject.org/mhp?Ar ... abal&C=1.0
TGAA wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 22:55

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 15 Nov 2019, 01:09

Hawzen let me an actual Oromo history nerd break it down. I'll try to be fair and moderate as I believe this is what my religion and culture even, advocates for. Be fair and just.. Even if it's against yourself or your loved ones.

I'm not a fan of menelik. However...
The truth is we oromos issue is with what transpired after menelik succeeded, i.e. land appropriation in the south and massacres.
Because obviously those after menelik weren't going to not appropriate oromoland thus dooming millions of families to perpetual poverty.
As early as the 1970s, the famous General Taddesse Biru mentioned this _(poverty of southern oromo and others, could be linked to the appropriation of their land.)
and the Amara elites were shocked and angered by that statement of truth.
Imagine farming on your land and having a random amara guy from the opposite end of the country coming to extort you for most of that produce?
How'd that make an Eritrean feel? Why did eritrean people wage and win a war of liberation?
Do you think that, despite the differences, that the same reason that Ethiopia lost Eritrea could be why it loses oromia, Somali state, perhaps the tegaru wil stay idk? That's their choice.

However I'll be honest... He had oromo leading his army. He grew up with oromos. Wollo oromo Muslims protected him when he escaped from magdala and tewodros wanted menelik back dead or alive. Menelik could not of built such a large and strong military without oromo. He had wollo oromo, tuulama, even some of my clan the maccaa.
Menelik wasn't motivated by amara ness. He was a shawan (who most likely was of mixed heritage perhaps gurage-amara) as were everyone else representing their province first i.e. gojjam wollo shawa and so on.
Provinces competed for power. Shawa was and is oromo amara gurage mostly. Gojjam mostly amara and amaraized oromos such as ras darasso ras yosedek etc. Wollo was and is amara oromo and of course there are some afars and others.
.... Things were Not necessarily ethnic based although tigray was pretty strong on its own and was a contender and competitor for power too but i do know for a fact emperor yohannes had wollo oromo cavalry when Egypt fought him.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 Nov 2019, 17:53

Hawzen wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 19:19

Dedebit is always dedeb
Hawzen,

Are you sure that she would have asked Jawar Mohammad the same "hard question" if she had the chance to interview him?

If that is the case, then why did she rush to interview Obbo Taye Danda'a (changing her schedule) to interview him, instead of heading in the direction of where Jawar Mohammad was? Who has been more close to the mayhem that caused so many damages in terms of precious human life and property and according to this view whom should she should have interviewd first?

These all questions are not that important than the following one, if you are hones please answer this based on your honest opinion?

Assuming that Emperor Menelik's rule has caused atrocities (I am not denying that there might have been some here) then do you think that atrocities could be anywhere comparable to that of what has been committed by the Nazi Germany and the Holocaust?

Do you think that she might have a slightest idea about the scale of this second atrocity, which is very unique in the whole of human history?

Relativizing Holocaust is a culpable offence in many countries around the world, my freind.

I saw one of her interview with Lencho Leta and she was almost trying to wash his legs, lool. (This is to say in parlace of the local community showing someone the softest side of oneself).

Now people have started to come together and discuss the issue of the country in more serious sense and she and co. will be told to account, if they try to cross the "red-line".

Look at this video at around the end.

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 15 Nov 2019, 19:43

Sadacha Macca wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 01:09
Hawzen let me an actual Oromo history nerd break it down. I'll try to be fair and moderate as I believe this is what my religion and culture even, advocates for. Be fair and just.. Even if it's against yourself or your loved ones.

I'm not a fan of menelik. However...
The truth is we oromos issue is with what transpired after menelik succeeded, i.e. land appropriation in the south and massacres.
Because obviously those after menelik weren't going to not appropriate oromoland thus dooming millions of families to perpetual poverty.
As early as the 1970s, the famous General Taddesse Biru mentioned this _(poverty of southern oromo and others, could be linked to the appropriation of their land.)
and the Amara elites were shocked and angered by that statement of truth.
Imagine farming on your land and having a random amara guy from the opposite end of the country coming to extort you for most of that produce?
How'd that make an Eritrean feel? Why did eritrean people wage and win a war of liberation?
Do you think that, despite the differences, that the same reason that Ethiopia lost Eritrea could be why it loses oromia, Somali state, perhaps the tegaru wil stay idk? That's their choice.
Thank you so much for clarifying the sad history from the Oromo perspective and I commend your coolness and openness to discuss in very mature way. I think I have said many times that the people of Oromo and Eritrea have gone through similar situation. My stand and belief has always been to take side with the victim because it is the right thing to do as person who grew up in a God fearing society. I hear and feel you, brother Sadach. I clearly understand that land appropriation and massacres are despicable and inexcusable.
However, time has changed. Eritrea is an independent country and the people of Oromo have your own killil. Not only that, the whole Ethiopia is under Oromo government. It is just unfair to look back and still complain at the people of Amhara for the sins of King Minelik which happened many decades ago. What do your people want the current generation people of Amhara should do to undo the sad history you are claiming? I don't think anybody can undo it. I think it is time to move on and do something good for a better future as people and country. The sad part is that the people of Oromo have been accusing King Minelik for massacre while your people have been doing similar to that. What we are witnessing in this day and age in Oromia Killil is very unfortunate. You can't tell me the people of Oromo are victims when the same people have been beheading and stoning innocent people to death because of their ethnicity and religion. Brother, churches have been burning in your killil by your people and you know that. You are writing a very sad history that it will be hard to forget. I still believe that you have the chance to correct the sad history your people are in the process of making.

However I'll be honest... He had oromo leading his army. He grew up with oromos. Wollo oromo Muslims protected him when he escaped from magdala and tewodros wanted menelik back dead or alive. Menelik could not of built such a large and strong military without oromo. He had wollo oromo, tuulama, even some of my clan the maccaa.
Menelik wasn't motivated by amara ness. He was a shawan (who most likely was of mixed heritage perhaps gurage-amara) as were everyone else representing their province first i.e. gojjam wollo shawa and so on.
Provinces competed for power. Shawa was and is oromo amara gurage mostly. Gojjam mostly amara and amaraized oromos such as ras darasso ras yosedek etc. Wollo was and is amara oromo and of course there are some afars and others.
.... Things were Not necessarily ethnic based although tigray was pretty strong on its own and was a contender and competitor for power too but i do know for a fact emperor yohannes had wollo oromo cavalry when Egypt fought him.
Brother, what we are witnessing in your killil is, however, clearly ethnic and religion based hatred and I don't think anybody with the right mind can defend this truth. I have never expected such heinous crimes from the people of Oromo. I always believed the people of Oromo are God fearing people. Unfortunately, the current situations have given me a cause to pause. Normally, history shows that heinous crimes are usually committed by governments officials or individual political leaders. Unfortunately, the heinous crimes that have been happening in your Killil are not by the Oromo government.. It is the contrary by Oromo people!!! I am sure not every Oromo person has participated in the crimes. But you are becoming part of the crime if you defend it or if you don't denounce them.

Having said all these, I still have strong belief and confidence in the more than 90% people of Oromo to correct the mistakes Jawar led Queerrooos have made in the last few weeks. Everybody makes mistakes but the question is will Jawar led Queerooos ready to learn from their mistakes and that is the most important question we would like to know.

May God bless the people of Oromo and Ethiopia.

Dedebit is always dedeb

Last edited by Hawzen on 15 Nov 2019, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 15 Nov 2019, 20:12

DefendTheTruth wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 17:53

Hawzen,

Are you sure that she would have asked Jawar Mohammad the same "hard question" if she had the chance to interview him?
Knowing how great journalist sister Betty in in Challenging journalists and activists, I surely expect so.
If that is the case, then why did she rush to interview Obbo Taye Danda'a (changing her schedule) to interview him, instead of heading in the direction of where Jawar Mohammad was? Who has been more close to the mayhem that caused so many damages in terms of precious human life and property and according to this view whom should she should have interviewd first?
If you follow Betty hardtalk, she always challenges the interviewees regardless of ethnicity and relgion. She is not known for giving massage to any body she interviews.
These all questions are not that important than the following one, if you are hones please answer this based on your honest opinion?

Assuming that Emperor Menelik's rule has caused atrocities (I am not denying that there might have been some here) then do you think that atrocities could be anywhere comparable to that of what has been committed by the Nazi Germany and the Holocaust?

Do you think that she might have a slightest idea about the scale of this second atrocity, which is very unique in the whole of human history?

Relativizing Holocaust is a culpable offence in many countries around the world, my freind.

I think she misspoke when she mentioned Holocaust. I am sure either she would apologize or she would say she did not mean it literally. Holocaust is second to none! In my opinion, she should have used the heinous crimes which have been committed in Oromia Killil by Jawar led Queerooos on other ethnics if she wants to compare....Not Holocaust. We are in a time innocent people have been beheaded and stoned to death in the very Oromia killil because of their ethnicity and religion. God knows how many churches have been burned in Oromia killil...

I saw one of her interview with Lencho Leta and she was almost trying to wash his legs, lool. (This is to say in parlace of the local community showing someone the softest side of oneself).
When was this interview conducted ? Most likely it was way before the Queerooos started to act like the South African Bantus who suffer from Xenophobia. When the people of Ethiopia were in the mood of celebrating the deportation of coward TPLF goons back to Mekelle for good, I don't expect her to be hard on anybody other than the coward TPLF goons....She is human being with feeling but also a professional Journalist... Remember, in our culture we also respect elderly like Lencho Leta.

Now people have started to come together and discuss the issue of the country in more serious sense and she and co. will be told to account, if they try to cross the "red-line".

I think Sister Betty is a professional journalist and she clearly understands the redline. I have never seen her crossing ledline regardless.. I think the Walta TV journalist guy and Betty have a lot of similarities and I admire both of them the way they challenge the interviewees. Bro, you are mad at her because she is Oromo Queen, stay away from my darling 8) ...

May God bless Ethiopia and the Honorable Prime Minister, Dr. Abby

Dedebit is always dedeb

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 16 Nov 2019, 16:11

Hawzen wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 20:12

I think she misspoke when she mentioned Holocaust. I am sure either she would apologize or she would say she did not mean it literally. Holocaust is second to none! In my opinion, she should have used the heinous crimes which have been committed in Oromia Killil by Jawar led Queerooos on other ethnics if she wants to compare....Not Holocaust. We are in a time innocent people have been beheaded and stoned to death in the very Oromia killil because of their ethnicity and religion. God knows how many churches have been burned in Oromia killil... [/color]

When was this interview conducted ? Most likely it was way before the Queerooos started to act like the South African Bantus who suffer from Xenophobia. When the people of Ethiopia were in the mood of celebrating the deportation of coward TPLF goons back to Mekelle for good, I don't expect her to be hard on anybody other than the coward TPLF goons....She is human being with feeling but also a professional Journalist... Remember, in our culture we also respect elderly like Lencho Leta.

I think Sister Betty is a professional journalist and she clearly understands the redline. I have never seen her crossing ledline regardless.. I think the Walta TV journalist guy and Betty have a lot of similarities and I admire both of them the way they challenge the interviewees. Bro, you are mad at her because she is Oromo Queen, stay away from my darling 8) ...

May God bless Ethiopia and the Honorable Prime Minister, Dr. Abby

Dedebit is always dedeb
So, in that case (I highlighted the part above) wouldn't have it been more honest of you (and thereby honorable of you) to simply admit saying you have made a mistake. You didn't wait until she is going to appologize to write what you said in your first response, did you?

Part of what you wrote says "She asked questions what the ordinary Oromo people think and believe about Minelike". And she asked her interviewee about if raising the name of Nazi is forbidden, then why is that of Menelik should be still allowed, essentially?

How are you going to reconcile your both claims, freind?