Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Welcome to The Great Mosaic of more than 4 Fed. Languages

Post by DefendTheTruth » 09 Nov 2019, 14:58

I myself tended to think until now that making more than 2 or 3 Federal languages in the country may make it more complex and less practicable. But Obbo Taye Danda'a of ODP has disclosed in the following video that the following 4 more languages are to be declared Federal Languages, very soon.

- Afan Oromo (Oromigna)
- Afan Tigre (Tigrigna)
- Afan Somali (Somaligna)
- Afan Afar (Afarigna)

In addition to the current 2 languages already in use as official (federal) languages, Amharic and English.

It is time freinds to start to learn the new federal languages before it will get too late, I myself need to learn 3 more languages, but there are folks who need to learn all the 4 languages.

Abere

Re: Welcome to The Great Mosaic of more than 4 Fed. Languages

Post by Abere » 09 Nov 2019, 18:52

This is a total waste of time. They can make 81 languages federal languages as well but it is like riding a dead horse. The country has already a well developed national language, what it needs is a viable federal structure with a legitimate constitution that respect the rights of each citizen. Whatever the remnants of TPLF thinks and try to do worsens the lives of the people. These idiots are unlearning.

tolcha

Post by tolcha » 09 Nov 2019, 23:27

Taye is your reference, which shows same level IQ!

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 10 Nov 2019, 05:26

Abere wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 18:52
This is a total waste of time. They can make 81 languages federal languages as well but it is like riding a dead horse. The country has already a well developed national language, what it needs is a viable federal structure with a legitimate constitution that respect the rights of each citizen. Whatever the remnants of TPLF thinks and try to do worsens the lives of the people. These idiots are unlearning.
One of the criteria they cited is that these four languages are spoken across the national boundaries, which is a sort of a bond between people across those national boarders. I then asked myself if Amharic is also spoken outside of Ethiopia and Eritrea, in Eritrea for some understandable reason not because there are Amharas in Eritrea.
Could you refute this?

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 10 Nov 2019, 05:28

tolcha wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 23:27
Taye is your reference, which shows same level IQ!
do you think that if you were to get lost from the face of this planet tomorrow, any one on this earth would also miss you?

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 04 Dec 2019, 16:00

I have said before that I have nothing against the use of many languages as working languages in the country, simply because it reflects the true picture of our country Ethiopia. But at the same time we shouldn't shy away to point out that the more languages are added to the set, the more it gets impractical (and with that more unproductive), I am afraid.

Listenting to the following video it seems that my fear is not that far fetched. We are a mosaic, so is the world also. But still this fact didn't hinder the world to try to limit the number of languages for official duties and communications among the members of the united nations to just 3 or so. If they had adopted more of the languages, then it simply costs them efficiency, in my view.

So, adopting more than 3 languages could cost the country on the productivity front, I am afraid.