Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Y3n3g3s3w

Dear PM Dr. Abiy Do you really know the differen

Post by Y3n3g3s3w » 09 Nov 2019, 01:07

Dear PM Dr. Abiy
Do you really know the difference between a Prime minister and a pastor or is there something Ethiopians are yet to know about your hidden motive of coming to power. When is your preaching end and you start your real job-the job Ethiopians assigned you through their blood. We have no shortage of pastors(bunch of cone artists)and priests . We are lacking genuine political leaders for this nation. Few months ago everybody thought that you going to fill that leadership gap. Back then, hoping that you had a genuine intention of coming to power, I wrote this comment about the challenge you would face with Jawar ( ወጠጤ ኦርጋንተ ቱልቱላ ፖለቲከኛ “here” , but everyday you are convincing me that you and your “የለወጠ ሐይል “are actually a problem yourselves. You guys dumped all that support you amassed and end up threatening the existence of this nation. I hope you won’t end up being one of the infamous leaders this country had ever produced even worse than Meles. You either Be a pastor or a Prime minister . There is no way you can be both specially in a country full of Jawars, Lenchos,Ibsas, Sibhats,Abdi iilies,Lidetus,Ayele Chamisos, Ezkeal Gabisas, Abiy Tsehay...oh gash I can’t finish counting all this evils that possessed the nation. Act and do as a war time prime minister, stop your none sense የሰበካ ጉባኤ style of leadership , we are tired of it!!

TheManWhoSawTomorrow

opmerc

Re: Dear PM Dr. Abiy Do you really know the differen

Post by opmerc » 09 Nov 2019, 05:48

Maybe the problem here is not his style or even lack of leadership but maybe your ignorance of good versus bad leadership.

If you measure him only through the behavior of previous leaders, it is understandable that the only response you would imagine possible for all those characters you listed is always unmitigated force. Regardless of the costs or it's implications. And that's certainly one style of leadership.

The other style of leadership is someone that applies force according to the level of immediacy, balanced by it's cost on human lives or economic functions.

He's already demonstrated his will to use force when absolutely necessary. Multiple times. In all those cases, measures were also taken to limit casualties. And in cases where the application of force and it's cost to human lives was too imbalanced, he has elected to wait. When previous attempts to widen public discourse by limiting force resulted in too much human and economic cost, he's pulled that back by promising action on all those directly and indirectly involved in violence. That's an actual balance of force in relation to it's cost.

Good leadership is not measured by how someone tries to show their constituents how much force they possess and by applying that force at every and all opportunity. It also isn't defined by reactions based on the scale of social-media noises.

To do and act as a 'war time prime minister' like you suggest now to our present challenges is to expect him to behave precisely the way leaders since our inception have behaved. And we've seen how in every previous attempt, it always resulted in a constant state of war and unending bloodshed.

So instead of expecting him to apply this same failed solution yet again just to please you and this moment, maybe you should display some courage of your own and embrace a different solution that has not been tried before.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 09 Nov 2019, 06:27

opmerc wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 05:48
Maybe the problem here is not his style or even lack of leadership but maybe your ignorance of good versus bad leadership.

If you measure him only through the behavior of previous leaders, it is understandable that the only response you would imagine possible for all those characters you listed is always unmitigated force. Regardless of the costs or it's implications. And that's certainly one style of leadership.

The other style of leadership is someone that applies force according to the level of immediacy, balanced by it's cost on human lives or economic functions.

He's already demonstrated his will to use force when absolutely necessary. Multiple times. In all those cases, measures were also taken to limit casualties. And in cases where the application of force and it's cost to human lives was too imbalanced, he has elected to wait. When previous attempts to widen public discourse by limiting force resulted in too much human and economic cost, he's pulled that back by promising action on all those directly and indirectly involved in violence. That's an actual balance of force in relation to it's cost.

Good leadership is not measured by how someone tries to show their constituents how much force they possess and by applying that force at every and all opportunity. It also isn't defined by reactions based on the scale of social-media noises.

To do and act as a 'war time prime minister' like you suggest now to our present challenges is to expect him to behave precisely the way leaders since our inception have behaved. And we've seen how in every previous attempt, it always resulted in a constant state of war and unending bloodshed.

So instead of expecting him to apply this same failed solution yet again just to please you and this moment, maybe you should display some courage of your own and embrace a different solution that has not been tried before.
Why have you not thought of the war time Prime Minister,Winston Churchill?Better to listen to each other that argue.I came from a positive family.The Mekellians are known for their love and oneness in idea.This I say with love and respect to anyone of you.Ande aydelachehum ende,sent afkari Amara ale? Ere enfaker telacha ye seitan new.I am convinced in my part to pray and take care of myself.Help others and friends when I can.I thank God for my life now,no bank debts any more,getting enough to support me.I say God bless.God bless Ethiopia and Eritrea.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 09 Nov 2019, 07:02

Degnet wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 06:27
Why have you not thought of the war time Prime Minister,Winston Churchill?Better to listen to each other that argue.I came from a positive family.The Mekellians are known for their love and oneness in idea.This I say with love and respect to anyone of you.Ande aydelachehum ende,sent afkari Amara ale? Ere enfaker telacha ye seitan new.I am convinced in my part to pray and take care of myself.Help others and friends when I can.I thank God for my life now,no bank debts any more,getting enough to support me.I say God bless.God bless Ethiopia and Eritrea.
Welcome back Degnet. I hope your company retreat with Halafi and the rest was pleasant.

Y3n3g3s3w

Post by Y3n3g3s3w » 09 Nov 2019, 11:46

opmerc wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 05:48

I wasn’t seeing him in the eyes of previous leaders but in the eyes of any other leaders we have ever seen in the world. His administration’s ability to protect citizens to leave in peace is getting worse by the day, his administration is full of those blood [deleted] weyanie officials, he failed to return all the stolen money sent offshore to Europe and America by weyanie goon now in mekele and even in Addis which, by the way, is being used to fight back and destabilize the country and overthrow this administration, let OLF roam in the country and rob banks, private citizens and terrorize people, letting the so called qerro wild animals lead by terrorist Jawar butcher innocent citizen. when do we say this administration had failed ? Is it when the country collapse like Somali or Syria. Stop being delusional and denial of facts and accept facts BTW, I wanted and hoped and waited patiently things to improve but I don’t see any any action and hope in the foreseeable future. Once I was like you, good luck!

I say again Stop the preaching and start working as Ethiopian prime minister, leave the preaching for the Israel DansaS and so on - there are enough confusers in that arena !

TheManWhoSawTomorrow

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 09 Nov 2019, 12:23

Y3n3g3s3w wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 11:46
I wasn’t seeing him in the eyes of previous leaders but in the eyes of any other leaders we have ever seen in the world. His administration’s ability to protect citizens to leave in peace is getting worse by the day, his administration is full of those blood [deleted] weyanie officials, he failed to return all the stolen money sent offshore to Europe and America by weyanie goon now in mekele and even in Addis which, by the way, is being used to fight back and destabilize the country and overthrow this administration, let OLF roam in the country and rob banks, private citizens and terrorize people, letting the so called qerro wild animals lead by terrorist Jawar butcher innocent citizen. when do we say this administration had failed ? Is it when the country collapse like Somali or Syria. Stop being delusional and denial of facts and accept facts BTW, I wanted and hoped and waited patiently things to improve but I don’t see any any action and hope in the foreseeable future. Once I was like you, good luck!

I say again Stop the preaching and start working as Ethiopian prime minister, leave the preaching for the Israel DansaS and so on - there are enough confusers in that arena !

TheManWhoSawTomorrow
Now you moved the goal posts from 'act like a war lord' to 'undo the thievery of 27 years'. Alright, that's happening too. The EPRDF merger forces all of TPLF to leave the coalition or be swallowed by the overwhelming numbers of the new members. That means ethnic based allocation of cabinet members goes out the window as well. There are agreements met with Interpol and other investigative agencies to monitor illegal outflows of money and to claw back embezzled funds. That process is a multi country effort and doesn't just get established overnight.

General security wise, OLF is not currently running around the country robbing banks. You are several months late on this topic. The bank robbers have since been caught and undergoing prosecution. Most of the OLFs have agreed to sit down and behave. The militias in West Oromo region that refused to give up arms are being actively engaged. Over 400 of those suspected of being actively responsible in Jawar's mess were arrested. Investigation is also continuing on those responsible for instigating that violence and that includes Jawar.

We say the administration has failed when it has actually failed. Repeating the same Ethio360 moanings even when facts on the ground have changed doesn't make the case either.

The funny thing is you are asking him to behave exactly like weyane did while at the same time saying he's failed for not bringing weyane down fast enough. Sure, he could order the army to march in Mekelle to arrest every single TPLF member tomorrow and get several hundred innocent people, if not more, killed. He could arrest Jawar without a charge the day after and watch several hundred innocent people get killed behind that move. But that doesn't matter to you because you are not the one paying that price. He'll look sufficiently ballsy to you and that's what matters apparently.

Or maybe you'll come back then and complain about the barbarity of not considering those lives and how he should have known and been more careful.

Who knows.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 09 Nov 2019, 12:42

Honestly most of us Ethiopians tend to be overly emotional, biased, and have unrealistic expectations. Politically speaking.
I'm neither a fan or foe of the PM but can see that most or at least a significant portion of us expected him to somehow solve issues that have been present for decades, in just a year or two.

Just my 2 cents. Nagattii.

Y3n3g3s3w

Post by Y3n3g3s3w » 09 Nov 2019, 15:10

opmerc wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 12:23
Y3n3g3s3w wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 11:46

TheManWhoSawTomorrow
Now you moved the goal posts from 'act like a war lord' to 'undo the thievery of 27 years'. Alright, that's happening too. The EPRDF merger forces all of TPLF to leave the coalition or be swallowed by the overwhelming numbers of the new members. That means ethnic based allocation of cabinet members goes out the window as well. There are agreements met with Interpol and other investigative agencies to monitor illegal outflows of money and to claw back embezzled funds. That process is a multi country effort and doesn't just get established overnight.

General security wise, OLF is not currently running around the country robbing banks. You are several months late on this topic. The bank robbers have since been caught and undergoing prosecution. Most of the OLFs have agreed to sit down and behave. The militias in West Oromo region that refused to give up arms are being actively engaged. Over 400 of those suspected of being actively responsible in Jawar's mess were arrested. Investigation is also continuing on those responsible for instigating that violence and that includes Jawar.

We say the administration has failed when it has actually failed. Repeating the same Ethio360 moanings even when facts on the ground have changed doesn't make the case either.

The funny thing is you are asking him to behave exactly like weyane did while at the same time saying he's failed for not bringing weyane down fast enough. Sure, he could order the army to march in Mekelle to arrest every single TPLF member tomorrow and get several hundred innocent people, if not more, killed. He could arrest Jawar without a charge the day after and watch several hundred innocent people get killed behind that move. But that doesn't matter to you because you are not the one paying that price. He'll look sufficiently ballsy to you and that's what matters apparently.

Or maybe you'll come back then and complain about the barbarity of not considering those lives and how he should have known and been more careful.

Who knows.
Opmerc,
What you said would have made a perfect sense exception things on the ground are not backing you up. People would have patiently waited for the snails pace change that is happening, if there’s a change at all. The huge problem that is testing the population’s patience is the ODP’s march with greed to assume the very Weyanie position we all have been fighting for decades which to me is the epic center of all evil with devastating consequences(some of course for destabilizing the country and other with real intention to take over weyanie’s position-ተረኛ!. Forget about Ethio360 look at shimeles and Taye dendae at the apex of ODP-what type of leadership is that ? On Every media they visited they have different contradictory anatomizing rather than at least trying to unify the country. They sound like one is Kenyan president and the other Uganda’s or some other country-they don’t seem to read each other or follow any clearly defined party policy - I am sorry but the Oromo politics is becoming/seen as kindergarten children every body doing their own thing than የሀገር ግንባታ . You seem to know a lot about inside information so can you help where is የለውጥ ሃይል ? Do they just vanished or they are busy arresting ባላደራሰ አባላትና ሰኔ 15 ተሳታፊዎች seriously, am just disappointed with the whole situation.

TheManWhoSawTomorrow

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 09 Nov 2019, 16:03

There were Ethiopians who had high expectation what Abiy will accomplish. Of those a significant number of them have been disappointed in his leadership. I am not one of them. I had not expected, probably he did, he would have an easy time governing. Tribal politics have had several decades life shelves in Ethiopian politics. There have been significant number of politicians and their cadres who would go to great length to sabotage his political moves in order to keep their privileges.
The great majority of Ethiopians have never been a fan of ethnic politics. But a significant number of Ethiopian politicians are.
Abiy seemed to have had a political instinct that align with the majority of Ethiopians. But he could not totally ignore the noise makers. The balancing act he is compelled to take is not necessarily his choice, but a must done thing.
I as an Ethiopian who is free to say what I believe regarding Ethiopian politics can say tribal politics is obsolete. And especially in the twenty-first century it is a political concept only brain dead politicians worship. Maybe now Abiy’s politics might be close to mine than of Sebhat Nega. But he could not say that fact. Being a prime minister of Ethiopia deprived him to say what I freely could say. Overtime, Abiy will be liberated to say what he really believes. That time, I believe, will not be only weeks away, or even months away. It might take time. However, I believe while he eagerly awaits to be liberated, he at the same time keeps frustrating the tribal and religious fanatics sabotage. I have heard several of his speech. There is sincerity in it. I do not believe he let down the Ethiopian people.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 09 Nov 2019, 16:03

There were Ethiopians who had high expectation what Abiy will accomplish. Of those a significant number of them have been disappointed in his leadership. I am not one of them. I had not expected, probably he did, he would have an easy time governing. Tribal politics have had several decades life shelves in Ethiopian politics. There have been significant number of politicians and their cadres who would go to great length to sabotage his political moves in order to keep their privileges.
The great majority of Ethiopians have never been a fan of ethnic politics. But a significant number of Ethiopian politicians are.
Abiy seemed to have had a political instinct that align with the majority of Ethiopians. But he could not totally ignore the noise makers. The balancing act he is compelled to take is not necessarily his choice, but a must done thing.
I as an Ethiopian who is free to say what I believe regarding Ethiopian politics can say tribal politics is obsolete. And especially in the twenty-first century it is a political concept only brain dead politicians worship. Maybe now Abiy’s politics might be close to mine than of Sebhat Nega. But he could not say that fact. Being a prime minister of Ethiopia deprived him to say what I freely could say. Overtime, Abiy will be liberated to say what he really believes. That time, I believe, will not be only weeks away, or even months away. It might take time. However, I believe while he eagerly awaits to be liberated, he at the same time keeps frustrating the tribal and religious fanatics sabotage. I have heard several of his speech. There is sincerity in it. I do not believe he let down the Ethiopian people.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 09 Nov 2019, 20:12

Y3n3g3s3w wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 15:10
Opmerc,
What you said would have made a perfect sense exception things on the ground are not backing you up. People would have patiently waited for the snails pace change that is happening, if there’s a change at all. The huge problem that is testing the population’s patience is the ODP’s march with greed to assume the very Weyanie position we all have been fighting for decades which to me is the epic center of all evil with devastating consequences(some of course for destabilizing the country and other with real intention to take over weyanie’s position-ተረኛ!. Forget about Ethio360 look at shimeles and Taye dendae at the apex of ODP-what type of leadership is that ? On Every media they visited they have different contradictory anatomizing rather than at least trying to unify the country. They sound like one is Kenyan president and the other Uganda’s or some other country-they don’t seem to read each other or follow any clearly defined party policy - I am sorry but the Oromo politics is becoming/seen as kindergarten children every body doing their own thing than የሀገር ግንባታ . You seem to know a lot about inside information so can you help where is የለውጥ ሃይል ? Do they just vanished or they are busy arresting ባላደራሰ አባላትና ሰኔ 15 ተሳታፊዎች seriously, am just disappointed with the whole situation.

TheManWhoSawTomorrow
On what basis would you categorize the changes as snail paced? he's literally amassing one international award after another for the rapid pace of changes and here you are acting as if there is some better metric out there. There are things that can be changed by decree (releasing prisoners, state of emergencies etc) and then there is the structural and legal change. The latter takes much longer and might even need successive governments to solve.

You are also still coming at it from the measurement of weyane's governing structure. Every civic system or party naturally has disagreements or outliers of thought. Even weyane had it's internal dissenters you just never got to see them publicly. They kept their disagreements indoors and showed only uniformity outside. That's only possible through fear. Those who bucked the party line were forced out or worse. To expect the same uniformity in thought or action from ODP is to expect him to employ that same fear to keep people in line. Otherwise people will dissent. More freedoms also means individuals who just don't understand the difference between personal political positions and their professional responsibilities.

But it's true though, ODP is clearly going through a power struggle. Taye Denda being on Dr. Abiy/Lemma side vs Shimelis and Jawar by proxy on the other. Each side is making their play. I can't tell you who wins this fight or even who has the upper hand at the moment because I don't know. What I do know is that the ለውጥ ሃይል can't continue to advance those changes and simultaneously overcome the extremist wing while it's being attacked from all sides. More so when so much of the criticism ranges from the uninformed and unreasonable to the downright crazy.

Those who consider themselves pro-Ethiopians ought to recognize that the real enemies are still very active and they need the focus and scrutiny way before any failings of the ለውጥ ሃይል. To be fools who are easily manipulated into saying and doing what your enemy wants is to fashion your own destruction.