Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Somaliman

Re: Africans talking about the Poverty and Oppression in Eritrea

Post by Somaliman » 24 Oct 2019, 07:21

In 1986, Yoweri Museveni used to claim at every conference and in every interview that political leaders who overstayed in power were the root cause of Africa’s problems. He even wrote a book entitled "What is Africa's Problem", in which he addressed such problems to finally come up with the aforementioned conclusion. This book is available on Amazon. Thirty three years later, not only is he still in power, but he is also running the country as if it was a business outlet of his, appointing his wife as the Education Minister, and promoting his son to the rank of Lieutenant General, which is the second highest rank in the country’s army, just to mention a fraction of his insane dictatorship.

As Charles Onyango-Obbo is a Ugandan author and journalist, I'm of the opinion that he should better talk to us about what he's supposed to know better (above), rather than talking about Eritrea, on which he has no firsthand information whatsoever. Just a thought!

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 24 Oct 2019, 08:51

Somaliman wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 07:21
...As Charles Onyango-Obbo is a Ugandan author and journalist, I'm of the opinion that he should better talk to us about what he's supposed to know better (above), rather than talking about Eritrea, on which he has no firsthand information whatsoever. Just a thought!
Is anything in his statement false or an error? You want to have him talk about something he has firsthand knowledge, but nothing he said is incorrect.
pastlast wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 01:12

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 24 Oct 2019, 10:17

Any idiot can talk about and criticise others. This guy doesn't need to talk about what's wrong in Eritrea, when his country is no better at all.
For instance, he's mentioning disapprovingly the faults of Eritrea for never having had an election! I believe it's much better not having an election at all than having consecutive fake elections and the same dictator for 33 long years - as it's the case in his country!

Again, he's claiming that there's no independent media, or opposition parties in Eritrea! What about his country which has a known long history of media censorship, and that beats up and tortures opposition parties' members to deter them! But he prefers to talk about Eritrea! WEEY GUUD, as Tarik would shout!

Sure, even though I haven't been to Asmara yet, it looks much more beautiful than Kampala which I know very well - a city that has only one decent road, called Kampala Road.

https://www.voanews.com/africa/uganda-o ... rtured-him

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 24 Oct 2019, 10:27

Yetemare yegdelegn yelalu ye Asswash masters.
Well put brother Somaliman.

Asswash the idiot parrot new project crumbled like sand castle at its arrival. Low IQ digital woyanus failed once again. Now a day even the baboons taking stolen cash money from agameWoch while agameWoch got nothing in return. What a losers. The Ugandan baboon took his share. :lol:

I am just saying

Somaliman wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 10:17
Any idiot can talk about and criticise others. This guy doesn't need to talk about what's wrong in Eritrea, when his country is no better at all.
For instance, he's mentioning disapprovingly the faults of Eritrea for never having had an election! I believe it's much better not having an election at all than having consecutive fake elections and the same dictator for 33 long years - as it's the case in his country!

Again, he's claiming that there's no independent media, or opposition parties in Eritrea! What about his country which has a known long history of media censorship, and that beats up and tortures opposition parties' members to deter them! But he prefers to talk about Eritrea! WEEY GUUD, as Tarik would shout!

Sure, even though I haven't been to Asmara yet, it looks much more beautiful than Kampala which I know very well - a city that has only one decent road, called Kampala Road.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 24 Oct 2019, 11:15

Brother Somaliman,

on your next trip to Somalia, make sure to pass through Eritrea!

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 24 Oct 2019, 11:51

Zmeselo wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 11:15
Brother Somaliman,

on your next trip to Somalia, make sure to pass through Eritrea!

Thanks brother Zmeselo! I do appreciate your welcome!

I haven't been to Somalia for a very long time, and the development of the situation in the country is not helping me to go back anytime soon, alas. But I have the intention of going to visit Eritrea one of the coming years, not as the type of foreigner who is attracted to travelling in not so touristy places to gather negativity and boast about it later, but as a brother who wants to enjoy what's in Eritrea without bothering what's missing. And most of all before crap like Donkey Arawit, Awash etc., start flocking into the country - God forbid!

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 24 Oct 2019, 13:55

Somaliman wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 10:17

Isn't it true that Uganda is much better than Eritrea? Look how many thousands of Eritrean refugees have settled in Uganda. I haven't heard of a Ugandan refugee anywhere, let alone in Eritrea.
He's right there is no independent media in Eritrea. Eritrea is known to be even worse than North Korea; the worst in the world.
(Do you see Uganda in the Top 10 List?)

There hasn't been elections in Eritrea after the referendum in '93. Hek, there isn't even a parliament, a constitution etc.etc. You have an absolute, totalitarian dictatorship in Eritrea.
Yes, you haven't been in Eritrea yet. You have no idea how much it has deteriorated with rub down building of italian era.
You see, the situation in Eritrea is so extreme anyone from anywhere would hear about it and say "oh, thank God, we're not doing so bad." Even a Somali would find conditions in Eritrea unacceptable. You think things in Eritrea are normal? Think again. It's sureal to have a so called government control everything, including your bank account, your children, your religion, etc.etc and you can't even say a word about it.
Anyone would be glad to live in Uganda; and anyone would find Eritrea unlivable. That's why you have Eritreans fleeing by the thousands every month and being taken care of by the UN.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 24 Oct 2019, 18:12

Although I haven't been to Eritrea yet, but knowing Uganda very well, I can assure you Uganda is not much better at all.

You're talking about lack of elections in Eritrea, right!

Let's talk a bit about the Rwanda you're parroting about day in, day out, claiming that it would irritate Eritreans - even though I cannot see any Eritrean on this forum who seems to be irritated by such nonsensical!

Do you know that Paul Kagame was last re-elected president with 99% of vote in Rwanda election, securing a third term in office and extending his 17 years in power! Do you think Eritreans would envy such fraudulent elections! This is not an isolated case limited only to Rwanda; it's in all over Africa and many other countries around the world. Eritreans are better off not wasting money, time, and energy on such misleading elections and rather prefer not having them in the meantime.

I know Rwanda sufficiently well. All is not rosy in Rwanda, and far from. The development features of Rwanda that you often post on this forum, believe me, do not reflect at all upon the very ordinary people that Kagame was supposed to reach out to. Go there and you'll see that people in Rwanda are very unhappy. For instance, cost of living is stratospheric and wages are disproportionally extremely low! Many waiters at bars and restaurants are students who have dropped out of university due to inability of continuing to pay their uni fees, and some of them have even turned into prostitution, and when you discuss with them, tears suddenly fill in their eyes. And guess what! Education is free of charge in Eritrea, including studying medicine!

Kigali is beautiful! But which Kigali are we talking about! Only the minuscule city centre and Nyaraturama and Kaciyiru districts! Don't even go outside Kigali, just go to Nyabugogo, or Nyamirambo etc, for instance, which are part of Kigali and you'll think that you're in a different country. All Kagame is careful about, apart from not disappointing his western friends such as Tony Blair and Bill Gates who have sugarcoated and even built his international image, is the civil servants, the rest eat the dust. Imagine an average journey on a moto taxi in Kigali costs US$1, and a bottle of water 500ml US$ 0,40 and most of non office workers earn less than US$160 a month. Is that what you think would irritate Eritreans for not enduring such harsh conditions of life! Of course, it irritates Eritreans as human-beings to see that people are living in such a tough life in a country that often boasts that it's an exemplary country that many other countries should take lessons from.

As you live in the west, why do more than 40% of the population who are illegible and entitled to vote do not bother voting in most western countries - if you think Eritreans were missing something invaluable for not having local elections! In some western countries you're fined when you do not go to jail for not voting! Why are people threatened with imprisonment if voting is so vital for them, yielding positive results! The elections and democratic practices as we see them in the west and an overwhelming majority of countries on this planet is nothing but a lip service to democracy that no one cries for! The true democracy is nowhere but in academic books - and Eritreans have access to these books!
Last edited by Somaliman on 24 Oct 2019, 18:44, edited 6 times in total.

Weyane.is.dead
Member+

Post by Weyane.is.dead » 24 Oct 2019, 18:21

Youre trying to reason with the unreasonable. He's not here to discuss or learn anything. His tiny brain cannot process anything positive due to the amount of kuunti he's consumed while he was starving back in the day. His favourite tune is "we are the world, we are the children". Bob geldof is his saviour. He spends most of his miserable existence trying defame Eritrea. Not being able to find anything negative kills him inside. He's even angered when Eritreans win at sports :lol: :lol: :lol: the guy's an utter to*sser. Proper loser.
Somaliman wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 18:12
Although I haven't been to Eritrea yet, but knowing Uganda very well, I can assure you Uganda is not much better at all.

Let's talk a bit about the Rwanda you're parroting about day in, day out, claiming that it would irritate Eritreans - even though i cannot see any Eritrean on this forum who seems to be irritated by such nonsensical!

Do you know that Paul Kagame was last re-elected president with 99% of vote in Rwanda election, securing a third term in office and extending his 17 years in power! Do you think Eritreans would envy such fraudulent elections! This is not an isolated case limited only to Rwanda; it's in all over Africa and many other countries around the world. Eritreans are better off not wasting money, time, and energy on such misleading elections and rather prefer not having them in the meantime.

I know Rwanda sufficiently well. All is not rosy in Rwanda, and far from. The development features of Rwanda that you often post on this forum, believe me, do not reflect at all upon the very ordinary people that Kagame was supposed to reach out to. Go there and you'll see that people in Rwanda are very unhappy. For instance, cost of living is stratospheric and wages are disproportionally extremely low! Many waiters at bars and restaurants are students who have dropped out of university due to inability of continuing to pay their uni fees, and some of them have even turned into prostitution, and when you discuss with them, tears suddenly fill in their eyes. And guess what! education is free of charge in Eritrea, including studying medicine!

Kigali is beautiful! But which Kigali are we talking about! Only the minuscule city centre and Nyaraturama and Kaciyiru districts! Don't even go outside Kigali, just go to Nyabugogo, or Nyamirambo etc, for instance, which are part of Kigali and you'll think that you're in a different country. All Kagame is careful about, apart from not disappointing his western friends such as Tony Blair and Bill Gates who have sugarcoated and even built his international image, is the civil servants, the rest eat the dust. Imagine an average journey on a moto taxi in Kigali costs US$1, and a bottle of water 500ml US$ 0,40 and most of non office workers earn less than US$160 a month. Is that what you think would irritate Eritreans for not enduring such harsh conditions of life. Of course, it irritates Eritreans as human-beings to see that people are living in such a tough life in a country that often boasts that it's an exemplary country that many countries should take lessons from.

As you live in the west, why do more than 40% of the population who are illegible and entitled to vote do not bother voting in most western countries - if you think Eritreans were missing something invaluable for not having local elections! in some western countries you're fined when you do not go to jail for not voting! Why are people threatened with imprisonment if voting is so vital, yielding positive results! The elections and democratic practices as we see them in the west and an overwhelming majority of countries on this planet is nothing but a lip service to democracy that no one cries for! The true democracy is nowhere but in academic books - and Eritreans have access to these books!

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 24 Oct 2019, 18:41

Thanks brother Somalian for placing the facts on the ground. But as you have witnessed yourself, the Tegaru people are always telling lies about Eritrea. And people like Awash, who apparently loves to be an Eritrean, keep on pretending as such as if he cares an iota about our people and basically anything Eritrean. When I grew up, I constantly heard the expression don't trust the Tegaru for "it is a matter of when and not if" that they will end up "backstabbing you"! I thought that was just some sort of folklore that was based on hearsay and innuendos. But throughout the history of Eritrea, they keep on proving me wrong. Because of their evil green eyes, we were forced to be in a war where most observers described it, appropriately, as a"Senseless" war, in which we lost some 20,000 of our finest! They conspired with Susan Rice of the US to wrongly accuse us of supporting Al Shabab forces including a phantom delivery of two planeloads of weapons and ammunitions from Asmara to Baidoa with some skill and fit that would make the mighty US stealth bomber a toy! Get this, it was alleged that these daring flights were accomplished scrambling to evade all the electronic signals being emitted by the French, American radar sites among others. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 24 Oct 2019, 19:14

Temt wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 18:41
Thanks brother Somalian for placing the facts on the ground. But as you have witnessed yourself, the Tegaru people are always telling lies about Eritrea. And people like Awash, who apparently loves to be an Eritrean, keep on pretending as such as if he cares an iota about our people and basically anything Eritrean. When I grew up, I constantly heard the expression don't trust the Tegaru for "it is a matter of when and not if" that they will end up "backstabbing you"! I thought that was just some sort of folklore that was based on hearsay and innuendos. But throughout the history of Eritrea, they keep on proving me wrong. Because of their evil green eyes, we were forced to be in a war where most observers described it, appropriately, as a"Senseless" war, in which we lost some 20,000 of our finest! They conspired with Susan Rice of the US to wrongly accuse us of supporting Al Shabab forces including a phantom delivery of two planeloads of weapons and ammunitions from Asmara to Baidoa with some skill and fit that would make the mighty US stealth bomber a toy! Get this, it was alleged that these daring flights were accomplished scrambling to evade all the electronic signals being emitted by the French, American radar sites among others. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Temt,

I believe Americans knew such allegation was a pure fabrication of Meles (May he rot in hell), but they saw it vital for their money-making "War on Terror". The good thing was that no Somali believed such false claim.

As for the backstabbing, to me, Meles was a good example! We hosted him in Somalia for years, living like a VIP, and God knows what he did to Somalia and its population later on. While President Issaias is grateful to Somalia and still talks about his days back in Somalia.

Awash is not Eritrean at all. He also uses another username (though I won't disclose it) and has been writing on this forum fervently against Eritreans for more than 10 continuous years without tiring. I know his writing very well, and I'm sure he'll be laughing when he reads this.

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 24 Oct 2019, 19:51

As we know, peace and security is a must for our survival and prosperity of all the peoples in the Horn region and beyond. However, the sad thing remains, that some organizations like the TPLF and its followers are hell-bent on creating havoc in our neighborhood if they don't get their way! Sad indeed. :cry: :cry:

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 24 Oct 2019, 20:09

Are you for real? You must be another one of the tyrant's apologist pretending to be Somali. "Lack of election"? That is not the question here about Eritrea. It's about "normal" way of life: he lack of BASIC human right of speech/expression, worship, movement etc.etc. Forget elections, people don't even have a say on where and how to rais their children. The tyrannical regime has already decided for their children where and how they're used like objects or slaves.
You see, if you can't see all these things happening in Eritrea, you are a gullible idiot who talks about something, some place s/he knows nothing about. The Eritrean people are voting: voting on their feet to wherever they can flee. That should tell you what is happening inside the prison state.
No, you'd rather come out knowing nothing, defending tyranny and comparing it with the west just like the gullible stooges in the diaspora. These stooges, enjoying every opportunity and privilege accorded to them by virtue of refugee status in the free and prosperous West, continue to support the certified Worst of the Worst regime on earth.
This is not about elections; this is about an absolute tyrannical dictatorship and a one man lunatic rule. If you can't see that, you must be one of these stooges.
Please, don't even compare Eritrea with Uganda, let alone Rwanda. And forget about comparing it with West.
Somaliman wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 18:12

Let's talk a bit about the Rwanda you're parroting about day in, day out, claiming that it would irritate Eritreans - even though I cannot see any Eritrean on this forum who seems to be irritated by such nonsensical!

I know Rwanda sufficiently well. All is not rosy in Rwanda, and far from. The development features of Rwanda that you often post on this forum, believe me, do not reflect at all upon the very ordinary people that Kagame was supposed to reach out to. Go there and you'll see that people in Rwanda are very unhappy. For instance, cost of living is stratospheric and wages are disproportionally extremely low! Many waiters at bars and restaurants are students who have dropped out of university due to inability of continuing to pay their uni fees, and some of them have even turned into prostitution, and when you discuss with them, tears suddenly fill in their eyes. And guess what! Education is free of charge in Eritrea, including studying medicine!

Kigali is beautiful! But which Kigali are we talking about! Only the minuscule city centre and Nyaraturama and Kaciyiru districts! Don't even go outside Kigali, just go to Nyabugogo, or Nyamirambo etc, for instance, which are part of Kigali and you'll think that you're in a different country. All Kagame is careful about, apart from not disappointing his western friends such as Tony Blair and Bill Gates who have sugarcoated and even built his international image, is the civil servants, the rest eat the dust. Imagine an average journey on a moto taxi in Kigali costs US$1, and a bottle of water 500ml US$ 0,40 and most of non office workers earn less than US$160 a month. Is that what you think would irritate Eritreans for not enduring such harsh conditions of life! Of course, it irritates Eritreans as human-beings to see that people are living in such a tough life in a country that often boasts that it's an exemplary country that many other countries should take lessons from.

As you live in the west, why do more than 40% of the population who are illegible and entitled to vote do not bother voting in most western countries - if you think Eritreans were missing something invaluable for not having local elections! In some western countries you're fined when you do not go to jail for not voting! Why are people threatened with imprisonment if voting is so vital for them, yielding positive results! The elections and democratic practices as we see them in the west and an overwhelming majority of countries on this planet is nothing but a lip service to democracy that no one cries for! The true democracy is nowhere but in academic books - and Eritreans have access to these books!

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 24 Oct 2019, 20:19

That's what this twat, does.

Look at him.

The Rwanda avenue is now permanently shut by somaliman, so let's forget it & revert to our mantra of people fleeing, without giving the proper context & without mention of the pull factor.
Last edited by Zmeselo on 24 Oct 2019, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 24 Oct 2019, 20:26

To the rest of the Agame shabo stooges aka zombies,
These Tegaru and a few mor have destroyed the Eritrean people and socity/culture irreparably. Deqi sebeyti.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 24 Oct 2019, 20:29

To the Agame stooge aka zombie;
Here is the latest on Rwanda.
Ease of Doing Business: Rwanda maintains second spot in Africa

Published on 25.10.2019 at 01h21 by APA News
https://www.journalducameroun.com/en/ea ... in-africa/

I wonder where Penitentiarea ranks on the list. Probably the last :mrgreen: :lol:

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 24 Oct 2019, 20:33

You must be a programmed bot, or a sect member.

What are you going to do about it, if they're "agame"- which they definitely are not? 60-70% of those fleeing in ur 10 year old pic are agame, though. Your white gods, have comfirmed that. You want some quotes? It can easily be provided.

Agame, agame aybelka. Zemenay grnbit!
Awash wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 20:26
To the rest of the Agame shabo stooges aka zombies,
These Tegaru and a few mor have destroyed the Eritrean people and socity/culture irreparably. Deqi sebeyti.