Senior Member+

Empty Streets of Asmara.

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Oct 2019, 09:58

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Re: Empty Streets of Asmara.

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Oct 2019, 10:07

kokob kidane (@BerinoKokob) Tweeted:

ሎሚ፡ ሚኒስትሪ ጥዕና ምስ መሻርክቱ ብምኻን ብልዑል ወጻኢ ዝዓደገን ተንቐሳቕስቲ ክሊኒኽን ኣምቡላንሳትን፡ ክርከብ ጀሚሩ። እዘን ኣምቡላንሳት ኣብ ኣሳልጦ ኣገልግሎት ጥዕና፡ ብፍላይ ክኣ ህጹጽ ረዲኤት፡ ዕዙዝ ተራ ክህልወን' ዪ።

Last edited by Zmeselo on 16 Oct 2019, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Oct 2019, 10:12

Images from: Adi Bezahans, Emni Tselim and Dequitsunaa (Photo credit Solomon Fekadu)

Dahgol

Post by Dahgol » 15 Oct 2019, 10:19

Dr Zmeselo has a lot of followers here like me. Dr Z thanks for what you do, you and cowboy Humera is the only reason I come to this website.
Keep up the good work
I don’t agree with you on everything Eritrean politics, but you put Eritrea first and I respect that...
Thanks for sharing the good news of the home land

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 15 Oct 2019, 10:40

Dahgol wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 10:19
Dr Zmeselo has a lot of followers here like me. Dr Z thanks for what you do, you and cowboy Humera is the only reason I come to this website.
Keep up the good work
I don’t agree with you on everything Eritrean politics, but you put Eritrea first and I respect that...
Thanks for sharing the good news of the home land
Yes, Dr. Zmeselo along with many hard-working Eritreans in this forum deserve recognition and a big 'የቐንየልና"! As they say, getting correct information in a timely manner is a job with a good start, solid base and moving in the right direction. And of course Digital Weyane aka Cowboy Humera is brilliant and his posting is hilarious based on facts. Thank you, DW.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Oct 2019, 14:20

Brothers!

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Oct 2019, 14:53

Eritrea to take part in 2019 Cecafa Women’s Championship

October 15, 2019

By enff

https://enffonline.com/2019/10/15/eritr ... mpionship/

Negash Teklit

The Eritrean National Football Federation (ENFF) has confirmed that they will send a team for the 2019 Cecafa Women’s Championship.

Tanzania will host the regional tournament November 14-28th.

Negash Teklit, Vice President of ENFF confirmed that they will also send a team to the women’s competition.
We have a women’s team that will start preparations soon,
added Teklit.

He made it clear that participating in some of these international tournaments within the Cecafa region will continue to help their players get more exposure and get better.

Early this month Eritrea won bronze after finishing third in the Cecafa U-20 Challenge Cup that climaxed in Njeru, Uganda. Eritrea defeated Sudan 1-0 in the play-off for third place.

Nicholas Musonye, the Secretary General of the Council of East and Central African Football Associations (Cecafa) said they expect a very competitive Women’s tournament.
Teams have improved and they will give the defending champions Tanzania a good run,
he added.

This year Cecafa has so far organized the Cecafa Kagame Club Championship (Rwanda), the Cecafa U-15 Challenge Cup (Eritrea) and the recent Cecafa U-20 Challenge Cup.

The regional body also hopes to organize the Cecafa Women’s Championship and the Cecafa U-17 Girls Championship and the Cecafa Senior Challenge Cup before the end of the year.

Hazega/Tsazega.

Post by Hazega/Tsazega. » 16 Oct 2019, 11:44

Bro Z,

I think you found a way to confuse the zombie logic/thought process 🤔...please share with us more sad/negative news 😁

Its been over 24 hours and the woyanu dogs didnt come to bark on this post...and if they do, its proof/confirmation that they are 🐩 dogs 🤣

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 16 Oct 2019, 12:11

Brother HT,

this will crack you up:

Hazega/Tsazega. wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 11:44

Bro Z,

I think you found a way to confuse the zombie logic/thought process 🤔...please share with us more sad/negative news 😁

Its been over 24 hours and the woyanu dogs didnt come to bark on this post...and if they do, its proof/confirmation that they are 🐩 dogs 🤣

Hazega/Tsazega.

Post by Hazega/Tsazega. » 16 Oct 2019, 12:29

Zmeselo wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 12:11
Brother HT,

this will crack you up:

Hazega/Tsazega. wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 11:44

Bro Z,

That's woyanu media for you...millions of stolen money to fund their cameras/studio/network...but zero funding in their logic/analyst. They are desperate to interview anyone that will say anything good about woyanu.

In this case the guest is recalling something good that a Nigerian said about woyanu...he basically said that Meles was a far better exceptional leader than Abiy...wow 😳

...but you should also know that the Nigerian prince then proceeded to get the woyanu journalist's bank account/routing # so he could channel money he had tied up in Nigeria with 20% promised to the woyanu guy & he accepted 🤭

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 16 Oct 2019, 13:09

World Food Day and Eradication of Poverty commemorated (Speech delivered by Minister of Agriculture Mr. Arefaine Berhe)

Wednesday, 16 October 2019

Written by shabait Administrator

http://shabait.com/categoryblog/29453-w ... aine-berhe

Mr. Moderator!

Ms. Susan Namondo Ngongi
UN Resident Coordinator

Mr. Saeed A. Bancie
FAO Representative in Eritrea!

High Government, PFDJ and Army Officials!

Excellences Ambassadors and Members of the Diplomatic Corps.!

Religious Leaders!

Members of the Farming Community!

Invited Guests!

Ladies and Gentlemen!

I welcome you all for taking your time to participate in this very important workshop, which deals with the most important aspect of our being. It is said, that a person is a function of his (her) nutrition and this year’s theme can not be more appropriate. It goes:
Our Actions are our Future, Healthy Diets for a Zero Hunger World.

Ladies and Gentlemen!

As you can all appreciate, the International Organizations, including the FAO were only talking about Food Security until 2014 when the FAO and WHO jointly organized a widely publicized Nutrition Conference at the FAO premises in Rome. Since then, the issue of nutrition is getting prominence even though the attention it deserves is not yet achieved. Globally, it is still termed as food security and nutrition instead of food and nutrition security. However, I like to acknowledge that we are working very closely with FAO on this subject at a national and regional level.

According to FAO’s information package which was prepared for this year’s World Food Day,
Those people who do not have regular access to enough nutrition, are at a greater risk of various forms of malnutrition. Malnutrition affects one in three people and can take the form of vitamin and mineral deficiencies, stunting, wasting, overweight and obesity. Unhealthy diet is a leading risk factor for deaths from non-communicable diseases including heart diseases, diabetes and certain cancers.

Please note that malnutrition was, until very recently, taught that it was the problem of poorly fed people in the developing world. Now we know that health problems linked to obesity in the advanced developing and developed countries is costing national health budgets, up to 2 trillion US dollars per year.

Considering the above bleak picture, we have to change the way we produce and consume food. Diverse cereal crops, vegetables and fruits as well as livestock products and byproducts must be used in the right proportion and size for better nutrition.

Ladies and Gentlemen!

In Eritrea it has been quite some time, at least since 2013 that we have consistently termed our objective as achieving food and nutrition security. Not only that, we have also come up with a clear strategy to implement this on the ground. The Minimum Integrated Household Agricultural Package, or MIHAP in short, is the best example which is being exercised at a small holder level with the objective of providing nutritious food to the respective family and four others. This includes cereals, vegetables and fruits, milk, eggs, meat and honey. Recently in collaboration with the Ministry of Marine Resources, fish, which are grown in dams is also being added to the diet. Apart from this, the Ministries of Health, Marine Resources, Trade and Industry, Agriculture and the Standards Institution are working very closely together, to address the issue of nutrition and especially that of children under the age of 5.

We have also developed another clear strategy for the small and medium commercial farmers, to go from mono cropping to integrated agriculture involving crops and livestock, so they too can get for themselves and the market the required nutritious food.

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Producing nutritious food is one thing, but preparing nutritious meal is a different ball-game. This is the subject that we are working very closely with the FAO, thanks to the active engagement of the FAO Eritrea Representative and his team. We hope we can make a dent on this important issue as soon as possible, to achieve a Zero Hunger before the dead line of 2030

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Considering the complexity of nutrition, it is expected that more actors will be involved than is already the case. Therefore, I call on all government, UN, EU and other relevant partners to work closely together in order to make a difference on our nutrition status and especially of children under the age of five.

Before I conclude, I would like to share with this August body that Eritrea is poised for a bumper harvest. This is due to the gracious rains with good spatial and temporal distribution, as well as the hard work of the farmers and the active engagement of the government.

Last, but not least, I congratulate the Organizing Committee and artist Habtewold Mesghenna for a job well done.

I thank you, for your attention!
16 October 2019

Mela ሜላ (@Ertrawit) Tweeted:
Foodsecurity in our times isn't only a matter of quantity but quality
(FAO 2019).

Indeed, I'm grateful that I come from Eritrea where all dietary needs are available in our traditional dishes & growing our own vegetables is another blessing! #urbangardening #worldfoodday2019

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 16 Oct 2019, 13:15

Hotel Asmara Palace (@AsmaraPalace) Tweeted:

Tedros Z, our chef of almost 20yrs, is pictured here with his favorite: Beef with oyster Sauce. His commitment to satisfying customers' taste buds is unmatched, blending intl dishes with Eritrean graciousness. He says,
the secret to being a great chef is to work with other great chefs.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 16 Oct 2019, 13:19

The Massawa Workers Vocational Training Center reached another milestone accepting 150+ trainees in the fields of Computer Application & Networking, Electronics, Electricity, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration, and Wood & Metal work for its 3rd batch of training. (Courtesy: Abraham Bereket @AbrahamNCEW)

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 16 Oct 2019, 13:23

Amazing evidence of a successful grass-eating elephant, that lived throughout the Pliocene and the Pleistocene times, from the Danakil Depression of Eritrea. (Buia)

(Courtesy: Tsegai Medin @ERIHominin)