Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Horus
Senior Member+

ያዲስአባ ሰልፍ ግብ ምንድን ነው?

Post by Horus » 12 Oct 2019, 13:57

እኔ በግሌ ታከለ ኡማ ሰልፍ እንደ ማይፈልግ አውቅ ነበር ፣ አዲስ አበቤን እጅግ ስለሚፈራ ማለት ነው። ነገር ግን ሰልፉ ተጠርቶ በመላው ከተማ ዝግጅት መደረጉና ወጣቱን ማንቀሳቀሱ የሰልፍ ተይንት ከማድረጉ የበለጠ እስትራተጂክ ዋጋ አለው ። እሱም መደራጀት ይባላል። አዲስ አበቤ ከታከለ ጋር የሚጋጠመው በግንቦት እንጂ ዛሬ አይደለም ። ዛሬ በደንብ መደራጃ ወቅት ነው ። የታከለ ኡማ ስህተት ይህ ነው ። በማሰር፣ በማፈን የባሰ ሕዝቡን ያስነሳል እንጂ ተወዳጅነቱን አይጨምርለትም ። ታከለ እነ እስክንድር በሰጡት ወጥመድ ውስጥ ሰተት ብሎ ገባ ። ይገርማል ። ብልጥ ቢሆን ሰላማዊ የሆነ የመስቀል አደባባይ ሰልፍ ፈቅዶ መሪነት ያሳይ ነበር ። ላፈና መልሱ የበለጠ የህዝብ ቁጣ እና በምስጢር መደራጀት እንደሆነ መሆኑን ረስቶታል ። ሁሉም ስልጣን ላይ ሲወጣ እንዲህ ነው ሚሆን።

በዚህ ሰልፍ መከልከል አሸናፊው እስክንድር ነው !!

opmerc

Re: ያዲስአባ ሰልፍ ግብ ምንድን ነው?

Post by opmerc » 12 Oct 2019, 14:17

I suspect what's really behind this is those in government positions who want to spoil the celebratory mood of the Nobel Prize and the Unity Park achievements. What a strange coincidence that they stop lawful protests and mass arrest people right when the world is paying attention to the country and the PM. Roads blocked in conjunction with hooligans then claiming you have no idea it's happening even going so far as to deny it's happening at all is a clear sign there is a group within government who wants more friction.

If this isn't the plan then they must be truly stupid people that think banning protesters from voicing their concerns lawfully today will make them stop having those concerns. Or that somehow earn them Addis Abeba's vote for them in the coming elections.

If Eskinder was bussing people for his protests from Amhara to pad his numbers, what's the actual problem? let him do that. There is no law against doing that.

If your program and ideals for Addis is supported by it's citizens you ought to have no fear of his gatherings.

They need to stop this nonsense, there are a million other pressing issues including a very real enemy who at this very moment is doing all it can to make Ethiopia kneel and give up rights to it's own resources. And we're here squabbling over who can or can't attend a meaningless gathering and how big their numbers were in relation to your own meaningless gathering.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 12 Oct 2019, 15:03

እኔ ሃሳብህን እጋራለሁ ። የዛሬ አፈና ብቻ ሳይሆን የኢሪቻ ንግግርም በአቢይ ላይ ቀውስ ለመፍጠር ተብሎ በነኦነግ የተሰራ ስራ ነው። ለዚህ ነው አቢይ ምርር ብሎ ተስፋ አልቆርጥም እያለ ሚናገረው ። ወያኔና ኦነግ ገጥመዋል ። በነሱ ግምት አቢይ ከኢትዮጵያዊ አጀንዳ ጋር ካማራና ከኢዜማ ገጥሞ የጎሳ ሃይሎችህን አዳክሟል ብለው ያስባሉ ። ስለዚህ የኦነግ ዎያኔ ዘዴ አንድ ኦሮሞ እና አማራን ማጣላት፣ እናም የዜጋ ሃይሎችና አቢይን ማጣላት ነው የያዙት ስራ። ለምሳሌ እነ እስክንድር ወይ ኢዜማ ለአቢይ ጊዜ እንዳይሰጡ የሚያረጉት ቀሮ አለሁ አለሁ እያለ ባዲስ አበቤ ላይ የበላይነት እንዲያሳይ ያረጋሉ፣ ብሎም ሕዝቡ በቄሮ ላይ ተነስቶ አቢይን አጣብቂኝ ለምክተት ። ስለዚህ ሕዝቡ ለኦሮሞ ዘረኞች ምላሽ እየሰጠ በሌላ በኩል ያቢይን ረፎርም ወደ ፊት እንዲገፋ ማድረግ አለብን ። ያቢይ መዳከም የሚሹት ዎያኔና ኦነግ ኦሮሞ ዘረኞች ናቸው።

ስለዚህ ያልከው ትክክል ነው ።

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 12 Oct 2019, 15:35

opmerc wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 14:17
I suspect what's really behind this is those in government positions who want to spoil the celebratory mood of the Nobel Prize and the Unity Park achievements. What a strange coincidence that they stop lawful protests and mass arrest people right when the world is paying attention to the country and the PM. Roads blocked in conjunction with hooligans then claiming you have no idea it's happening even going so far as to deny it's happening at all is a clear sign there is a group within government who wants more friction.

If this isn't the plan then they must be truly stupid people that think banning protesters from voicing their concerns lawfully today will make them stop having those concerns. Or that somehow earn them Addis Abeba's vote for them in the coming elections.

If Eskinder was bussing people for his protests from Amhara to pad his numbers, what's the actual problem? let him do that. There is no law against doing that.

If your program and ideals for Addis is supported by it's citizens you ought to have no fear of his gatherings.

They need to stop this nonsense, there are a million other pressing issues including a very real enemy who at this very moment is doing all it can to make Ethiopia kneel and give up rights to it's own resources. And we're here squabbling over who can or can't attend a meaningless gathering and how big their numbers were in relation to your own meaningless gathering.
I don't think that they are really afraid of any meaningful consequence of the so called demonistration, for demonistration was made popular exercise after the Oromo youth risked everything and went out to the streets facing all perils infront of them. We didn't see much of a demonistration after the so called Mercha 97 (May 2005 Election) until the Oromo Youth rekindeld it again after at least a decade or so interlude, bad or good that may be.

But my gues is, if it is indeed banned, that the Oromo extremists are also mobilising for counter-demonistration and keeping this two sides appart would have been another burden of this government, whose resources in peacekeeping in the country has already been over-stretched.

Eskinder Nega is looking for an opportunity where his pictures, in best case smeared with a blood on his body, are sent to the internet and to the wider public, but the government has to avoid that, I guess.

BTW. Didn't they say before that Addis Ababa is an issue of Addis Ababians ALONE, why now suddenly transport people from as far as Gonder or Bahrdar with hundreds of buses for the so called demonistration?
If they try to transport people with hundreds of buses from as far as Gonder or somewhere else, then those nearby areas can mobilize thousands of buses of people at a much lesser expense, don't you think?

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 12 Oct 2019, 15:40

Horus wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 15:03
እኔ ሃሳብህን እጋራለሁ ። የዛሬ አፈና ብቻ ሳይሆን የኢሪቻ ንግግርም በአቢይ ላይ ቀውስ ለመፍጠር ተብሎ በነኦነግ የተሰራ ስራ ነው። ለዚህ ነው አቢይ ምርር ብሎ ተስፋ አልቆርጥም እያለ ሚናገረው ። ወያኔና ኦነግ ገጥመዋል ። በነሱ ግምት አቢይ ከኢትዮጵያዊ አጀንዳ ጋር ካማራና ከኢዜማ ገጥሞ የጎሳ ሃይሎችህን አዳክሟል ብለው ያስባሉ ። ስለዚህ የኦነግ ዎያኔ ዘዴ አንድ ኦሮሞ እና አማራን ማጣላት፣ እናም የዜጋ ሃይሎችና አቢይን ማጣላት ነው የያዙት ስራ። ለምሳሌ እነ እስክንድር ወይ ኢዜማ ለአቢይ ጊዜ እንዳይሰጡ የሚያረጉት ቀሮ አለሁ አለሁ እያለ ባዲስ አበቤ ላይ የበላይነት እንዲያሳይ ያረጋሉ፣ ብሎም ሕዝቡ በቄሮ ላይ ተነስቶ አቢይን አጣብቂኝ ለምክተት ። ስለዚህ ሕዝቡ ለኦሮሞ ዘረኞች ምላሽ እየሰጠ በሌላ በኩል ያቢይን ረፎርም ወደ ፊት እንዲገፋ ማድረግ አለብን ። ያቢይ መዳከም የሚሹት ዎያኔና ኦነግ ኦሮሞ ዘረኞች ናቸው።

ስለዚህ ያልከው ትክክል ነው ።
Can you not read what he wrote,in what I have understood this person seems to be neutral and reasonable,don't be one sided.The TPLF is fought by all justice seekers we don't need a hate propoganda.I like you but you are a second grade Ethiopian.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 12 Oct 2019, 16:03

DefendTheTruth wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 15:35
opmerc wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 14:17

I don't think that they are really afraid of any meaningful consequence of the so called demonistration, for demonistration was made popular exercise after the Oromo youth risked everything and went out to the streets facing all perils infront of them. We didn't see much of a demonistration after the so called Mercha 97 (May 2005 Election) until the Oromo Youth rekindeld it again after at least a decade or so interlude, bad or good that may be.

But my gues is, if it is indeed banned, that the Oromo extremists are also mobilising for counter-demonistration and keeping this two sides appart would have been another burden of this government, whose resources in peacekeeping in the country has already been over-stretched.

Eskinder Nega is looking for an opportunity where his pictures, in best case smeared with a blood on his body, are sent to the internet and to the wider public, but the government has to avoid that, I guess.

BTW. Didn't they say before that Addis Ababa is an issue of Addis Ababians ALONE, why now suddenly transport people from as far as Gonder or Bahrdar with hundreds of buses for the so called demonistration?
If they try to transport people with hundreds of buses from as far as Gonder or somewhere else, then those nearby areas can mobilize thousands of buses of people at a much lesser expense, don't you think?
Eskedir Nega was clear in his interview with Mereja tv.yesterday,I am pro freedom.The Addis Abebans are talking about freedom and working together.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 12 Oct 2019, 16:08

Matthew 27:24 When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “It is your responsibility!”

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 12 Oct 2019, 16:18

DefendTheTruth wrote:

There is no basis to conclude that this was done in the interest of safety. If that was the case they would come out and say that is the case. Instead they are just setting up roadblocks with hooligans to prevent lawful movement on one side and then making a police announcement that there is no such gathering planned on the eve of the planned gathering. If there are criminals planning to disrupt this gathering, the most obvious and sensible remedy is to prevent these criminals from doing so, not setting up roadblocks to limit the participants of the gathering.

What Eskinder may or may not be doing to grow his numbers is a political argument that those that oppose him can engage him in a political setting. It is not the job of the Police to regulate his crowd size.

Eskinder is not some angel, I've already made my feelings on him clear already. A more sensible person would take this moment to recognize that instead of protests and mobilization, engagement with people at the top levels of government can go a long way. Others have proven how effective it is to work this way. But he just wants his groups clout to rise, most likely for political gain in the form of seats in AA government.

But that's acceptable and he can chose to do that. As long as he is not doing anything unlawful he can and should operate freely.

Doing this against him only raises his profile and increases the likelihood of friction. So those that are doing it are either doing it deliberately to cause this friction or they are too stupid to have learnt from the people they just replaced.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 12 Oct 2019, 16:28

opmerc wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 16:18
DefendTheTruth wrote:

There is no basis to conclude that this was done in the interest of safety. If that was the case they would come out and say that is the case. Instead they are just setting up roadblocks with hooligans to prevent lawful movement on one side and then making a police announcement that there is no such gathering planned on the eve of the planned gathering. If there are criminals planning to disrupt this gathering, the most obvious and sensible remedy is to prevent these criminals from doing so, not setting up roadblocks to limit the participants of the gathering.

What Eskinder may or may not be doing to grow his numbers is a political argument that those that oppose him can engage him in a political setting. It is not the job of the Police to regulate his crowd size.

Eskinder is not some angel, I've already made my feelings on him clear already. A more sensible person would take this moment to recognize that instead of protests and mobilization, engagement with people at the top levels of government can go a long way. Others have proven how effective it is to work this way. But he just wants his groups clout to rise, most likely for political gain in the form of seats in AA government.

But that's acceptable and he can chose to do that. As long as he is not doing anything unlawful he can and should operate freely.

Doing this against him only raises his profile and increases the likelihood of friction. So those that are doing it are either doing it deliberately to cause this friction or they are too stupid to have learnt from the people they just replaced.
No body called football huligans,don't blame the Addis Abebans for this if this is true,though I don't believe it,there are millions of Addis Abebans.Football huligans we see in Europe.

banebris2013

Post by banebris2013 » 12 Oct 2019, 16:48

Horus wrote:

ስለዚህ ያልከው ትክክል ነው ።
Horus,
I do not know you personally and your contribution during the dark days when Abiy and Lema never stayed in one address for more than one day. The fact of the matter is Kerro paid a heavey price to bring Lema and abiy to the front. If you think Oromos will let the amhara hooligans hijack the transition and create unrest in addis and oromia, you must be delusional. As i said before anyone who will get elected in addis should be someone ready to work with oromia. Otherwise addis can pay heavy price through blockades. You remeber well what happened three years ago forced PM Desalegn to announce his resignation. It is easy to rant from the west as you will not be affected with what is happening on the ground.
It is about time you guys be told that ormia is ready to root out hooligans. If you respect the rule of law and the people of the region you are well come. Otherwise you know very well patience has its limit. Oromos do not have a culture of KERERTO, SHILELE and fukera. Oromos will just do it when it matters. As you see most of Ethiopia's success around the world was achieved by oromos. You and those longing for the past to come back contributed a lot in insulting and disrespecting oromos and other nation and nationalities.that is it.
On the other hand, it can be bad news for you but OLF has very strong support in oromia and OLF absolutely supports PM Abiy. Have you seen PM abiy bringing all oromo major parties together and make them sign agreement just few days before irrecha? Abiy has oromias back and oromo people back PM Abiy !00%. Oromo parties understood the principles of medemer more than anyone and will do everything to for its success.
Last edited by banebris2013 on 12 Oct 2019, 17:31, edited 3 times in total.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 12 Oct 2019, 16:57

banebris2013 wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 16:48
Horus wrote:

ስለዚህ ያልከው ትክክል ነው ።
Horus,
I do not know you personally and your contribution during the dark days when Abiy and Lema never stayed in one address for more than a day. The fact of the matter is Kerro paid a heavey price to bring Lema and abiy to the front. If you think Oromos will let the amhara hooligans hijack the transition and create unrest in addis and oromia, you must be delusional. As i said before anyone who will get elected in addis should be someone ready to work with oromia. Otherwise addis can pay heavy price through blockades. You remeber well what happened three years ago and forces PM Desalegn to announced his resignation. It is easy to rant from the west as you will not be affected with what is happening on the ground.
It is about time you guys be told that ormia is ready to root out hooligans. If you respect the rule of law and the people of the region you are well come. Otherwise you know very well patience has its limit. Oromos do not have a culture of KERERTO, SHILELE and fukera. Oromos will just do it when it matters. As you see most of Ethiopia's success around the world was achieved by oromos. You and those longing for the past to come back contributed a lot in insulting and disrespecting oromos and other nation and nationalities.
It can be bad news for you but OLF has very strong support in oromia and OLF absolutely supports PM Abiy. Have you seen PM abiy bringing all oromo major parties together and make them sign agreement just few days before irrecha. Abiy has oromias back and oromo people back PM Abiy !00%. Oromo parties understood the principles of medemer more than anyone one and will do everything preserve it.
Letedenefa techelaleh,you are putting Abey at risk.Egna enasbelachehu,South African appatheid kind.
Last edited by Degnet on 12 Oct 2019, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 12 Oct 2019, 16:58

opmerc wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 16:18

I don't know for how long you have been home but I myself shared a video on this forum itself which shows that people are really afraid to death to go out and come back safely. And the danger is not from those in power but by a law-less mob all sides are sometimes appealing to, which is more or less above the law now. Do you think that the government can control every inch of the land to secure the safty of all the citizens?

Just yesterday I saw a video of Lencho Lata and Jawar Mohammad (the day the PM won the Nobel Peace Prize) visiting the so called Annole Monument and addressing a big and over-emotional crowd of youth, like usual. Do you think that this is in the interest of this government?

Do you think that this government really approves setting up roadblocks by hooligans? But how many of these "criminals" can they go against and all at the same time?

If they crack-down on the "criminals" then we shout, if they let them go, then we also shout.

Many of the citizens the country feel in the mean while like they are in hell, they have no guarantee to go out and come back safely.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 12 Oct 2019, 17:00

Degnet wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 15:40
Can you not read what he wrote,in what I have understood this person seems to be neutral and reasonable,don't be one sided.The TPLF is fought by all justice seekers we don't need a hate propoganda.I like you but you are a second grade Ethiopian.

Degnet,

I felt the same way about Eskinder; he wasn't being extremist at all.

On the other hand, there is a fear that the demonstration may turn anti - Abiy; say, Eskinder denounces Norway for giving out the Nobel Prize? What then?

Takele & others can't be sure of that. In the heat of the day, Eskinder may end up giving a crazy speech like Shimeles Abdisa. What then?

Well, maybe Eskinder himself should have canceled the rally in honor of Dr. Abiy's receiving the highest prize an Ethiopian leader ever received? Could he do that? Why not?

Remember, Dr. Abiy had declared "war" against Eskinder in the past therefore, it is understandable for the human rights activist not being that generous today?

Honestly saying, I am divided on this matter however, as Degenet pointed out, the ending of Eskinder being on the "neutral" side saved the day!

Cheers!

banebris2013

Post by banebris2013 » 12 Oct 2019, 17:22

Degnet wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 16:57
banebris2013 wrote:
Horus wrote:

ስለዚህ ያልከው ትክክል ነው ።
Horus,
I do not know you personally and your contribution during the dark days when Abiy and Lema never stayed in one address for more than one day. The fact of the matter is Kerro paid a heavey price to bring Lema and abiy to the front. If you think Oromos will let the amhara hooligans hijack the transition and create unrest in addis and oromia, you must be delusional. As i said before anyone who will get elected in addis should be someone ready to work with oromia. Otherwise addis can pay heavy price through blockades. You remeber well what happened three years ago forced PM Desalegn to announce his resignation. It is easy to rant from the west as you will not be affected with what is happening on the ground.
It is about time you guys be told that ormia is ready to root out hooligans. If you respect the rule of law and the people of the region you are well come. Otherwise you know very well patience has its limit. Oromos do not have a culture of KERERTO, SHILELE and fukera. Oromos will just do it when it matters. As you see most of Ethiopia's success around the world was achieved by oromos. You and those longing for the past to come back contributed a lot in insulting and disrespecting oromos and other nation and nationalities.that is it.
On the other hand, it can be bad news for you but OLF has very strong support in oromia and OLF absolutely supports PM Abiy. Have you seen PM abiy bringing all oromo major parties together and make them sign agreement just few days before irrecha? Abiy has oromias back and oromo people back PM Abiy !00%. Oromo parties understood the principles of medemer more than anyone and will do everything to for its success.
Letedenefa techelaleh,you are putting Abey at risk.Egna enasbelachehu,South African appatheid kind.
Hi Degnet,
Calm down. Well comeback any way. Yene medenfat iwnet alew. Abiy is there with full support of all oromo people and all oromo parties. If anyone, it has to be the Amhara extremists and Hooligans organaised by Iskinder Nega that will put abiy at risk. Orom put him there and they willprotect him at any price. That i can assure you. Mind you everything that oromo does is within oromia, not in Bahirdar or Mekele. So anyone who dare to create problem will face the rule of the law. specially those amhara extremists who disrespect oromos, Tigres,sidamas etc. They need to be told by the language they understand.
Last edited by banebris2013 on 12 Oct 2019, 17:30, edited 2 times in total.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 12 Oct 2019, 17:26

Dawi wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 17:00
Degnet wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 15:40

Degnet,

I felt the same way about Eskinder; he wasn't being extremist at all.

On the other hand, there is a fear that the demonstration may turn anti - Abiy; say, Eskinder denounces Norway for giving out the Nobel Prize? What then?

Takele & others can't be sure of that. In the heat of the day, Eskinder may end up giving a crazy speech like Shimeles Abdisa. What then?

Well, maybe Eskinder himself should have canceled the rally in honor of Dr. Abiy's receiving the highest prize an Ethiopian leader ever received? Could he do that? Why not?

Remember, Dr. Abiy had declared "war" against Eskinder in the past therefore, it is understandable for the human rights activist not being that generous today?

Honestly saying, I am divided on this matter however, as Degenet pointed out, the ending of Eskinder being on the "neutral" side saved the day!

Cheers!
It is good what he has done,we are not Ethiopia's enemies.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 12 Oct 2019, 17:37

DefendTheTruth wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 16:58
I don't know for how long you have been home but I myself shared a video on this forum itself which shows that people are really afraid to death to go out and come back safely. And the danger is not from those in power but by a law-less mob all sides are sometimes appealing to, which is more or less above the law now. Do you think that the government can control every inch of the land to secure the safty of all the citizens?

Just yesterday I saw a video of Lencho Lata and Jawar Mohammad (the day the PM won the Nobel Peace Prize) visiting the so called Annole Monument and addressing a big and over-emotional crowd of youth, like usual. Do you think that this is in the interest of this government?

Do you think that this government really approves setting up roadblocks by hooligans? But how many of these "criminals" can they go against and all at the same time?

If they crack-down on the "criminals" then we shout, if they let them go, then we also shout.

Many of the citizens the country feel in the mean while like they are in hell, they have no guarantee to go out and come back safely.
I said a group within government. Not the whole government. And certainly not Abiy and his circle. I say this because it takes actual government power to direct police to stand with hooligans and then to send out a police statement. I'm not sure if it's contained within Police or there are elements within the AA/Oromo government included.

To answer your question on whether I've been back home recently, the answer is no I haven't. But I did witness very recently large gatherings organized fairly back to back with exceeding efficiency. Both with the potential for someone to go there looking to start violence. If police are capable of ensuring safety on those fronts, there is no reason they can't ensure safety for what is very likely going to be a much smaller gathering.

A crack down on criminals is as simple as preventing people from going into the area with weapons and doing the usual investigative measures to see who might go there planning to do harm. They can also decide to divide the days for the protests to occur altogether, say Eskinder's on Saturday, a counter protest for Sunday. Or vice versa. That way you can avoid a clash.

Deciding to ban the protest and arrest the organizers has the furthest thing from that and just plain incendiary.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 12 Oct 2019, 17:49

banebris2013 wrote:
Horus,
This is madness. I don't know where you heard that the overthrow of TPLF was solely because of 'Qerro paying the price'. All Ethiopians of all stripes contributed to making it happen. And every sensible person also gives credit to Oromo youth for initiating the struggle and for a considerably large share of the contribution. But this does not mean everyone claiming to represent Qerro is now entitled to whatever they want. Or anyone as an Oromo is entitled a larger voice on the question of Addis Abeba above the wishes of those that are actual inhabitants of that city.

Claiming that someone who runs an independent federal city has to answer to the surrounding region or else you will start rioting is saying you don't care about the rule of law or a democratic system. And that you are not answerable to any of it. That makes you the hooligan. Having members of police help you does not make it less so.

No Ethiopian fought to replace TPLF with Oromo ethno-nationalists. It is so Oromos like everyone else have their equitable share. You can fight for what you consider is an equitable share through a democratic process. not with hooligan behavior.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 12 Oct 2019, 18:04

opmerc wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 17:49
banebris2013 wrote:
Horus,
This is madness. I don't know where you heard that the overthrow of TPLF was solely because of 'Qerro paying the price'. All Ethiopians of all stripes contributed to making it happen. And every sensible person also gives credit to Oromo youth for initiating the struggle and for a considerably large share of the contribution. But this does not mean everyone claiming to represent Qerro is now entitled to whatever they want. Or anyone as an Oromo is entitled a larger voice on the question of Addis Abeba above the wishes of those that are actual inhabitants of that city.

Claiming that someone who runs an independent federal city has to answer to the surrounding region or else you will start rioting is saying you don't care about the rule of law or a democratic system. And that you are not answerable to any of it. That makes you the hooligan. Having members of police help you does not make it less so.

No Ethiopian fought to replace TPLF with Oromo ethno-nationalists. It is so Oromos like everyone else have their equitable share. You can fight for what you consider is an equitable share through a democratic process. not with hooligan behavior.
I see all people as Ethiopians,I know little of blood relations,I had friends in Addis Abeba with Oromo parents,proud of their roots but Addis Abebe.Please take care,Addis Abeba belongs to both of you as a majority

banebris2013

Post by banebris2013 » 12 Oct 2019, 18:13

opmerc wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 17:49
banebris2013 wrote:
Horus,

You are absolutely right and i agree with most of what you wrote here. Sensible answers and reasonable answers are only for those who are reasonable and sensible. Yes they have to be told with the language they understand as they do not have space for reasoning. Reasonable and respectful people gets back in kind. Oromophobics like Horus will get what they deserve until they start to respect others.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 12 Oct 2019, 18:20

I agree with Defend the truth. I believe the demonstration was forbidden in fear of street fight between the queros and the other demonstrators. That is a wise decision. To be honest, I do not know what the demonstrators aspire to achieve by holding the demonstration.
Addis Abeba is the home of Ethiopians. There is no any part of Ethiopia that defines Ethiopia as Addis is.
Prior to now, Addis Abebans hold demonstration as Ethiopians. Never had there been a demonstration held in Addis which different ethnic groups define it differently. That must be
a no, no. Addis Abebans had managed not to be dragged to ethnic politics for the last three decades. They should remain as is.