Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Abdelaziz
Member+

Temben has over 45 Rockhewn churches and 64 other ancient churches and Gedams.

Post by Abdelaziz » 09 Oct 2019, 11:05

Thus over 1/3rd of Tigray's 120 rockhewn churches are found in Temben. Geraalta' s famous and impressive Degum comes next to Temben….but Degum has the highest concentration of rockchurches in the same area while Temben's rockchurches are spreadout around the whole Awraja.
Even the place where Nigite Saba,Makeda, was born and where her parents lived, Siqurti, is well known in Tigray and will become famous in the entire world if the government puts more effort to make it accessible for tourists.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Re: Temben has over 45 Rockhewn churches and 64 other ancient churches and Gedams.

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 09 Oct 2019, 12:22

Suqurti is the home of General Aman Amdom mother where all the leaders of Tembien swam, famous rock swimming pool jumping form the highest rock like Olympic diving swimming pool. That is the place we swim during the raining season every year.

At the beginning of the video to 0.07 right strait the white building you see at the top of the hill church is Suqurti between the hills.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Re: Temben has over 45 Rockhewn churches and 64 other ancient churches and Gedams.

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 09 Oct 2019, 12:51

Gerealta is Tembien next Seye Abraha home Welegesa and Gerealta is my mother parents home, the home of Fitewrrari Aleme, Dejach Gebru and Metslal Gebrehiwot the last parliament member of gerealta all are relatives to my mothers parents. Every parliament election Gerealta, Wersege, Degua Tembien, Abergele, Tanka Melash and Ambera woreda all boxes come to Abiy Adi and the winners represent the regions of Tembien. Now Woyane see Gerealta part of tourist attraction and may be they do not want them to be part of Tembien for the potential income it may generate. As all Tigrayans, it does not matter since the north, east, central, south and west of Tigray is my home country and I can live anywhere and buy and sale properties as the citizen of Tigray but if you go to details who is who and which is which then Gerealta is Tembien for generations no other Awraja had it before.

Abdelaziz
Member+

Post by Abdelaziz » 09 Oct 2019, 13:04

You may be right but do not forget everyone claims Geraalta because it touches many Awrajas: Adwa, Temben, Agame, Enderta and KilteAwlaelo awrajas have borders with Geraalta. The Geraaaltans say they are independent and do not belong to any awraja. Today weyanes divided Geraalta into KilteAwlaElo, Temben (Hagereselam), and Enderta, and the people are mad about it for the last 28 years .

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 09 Oct 2019, 13:18

Abdelaziz wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 13:04
You may be right but do not forget everyone claims Geraalta because it touches many Awrajas: Adwa, Temben, Agame, Enderta and KilteAwlaelo awrajas have borders with Geraalta. The Geraaaltans say they are independent and do not belong to any awraja. Today weyanes divided Geraalta into KilteAwlaElo, Temben (Hagereselam), and Enderta, and the people are mad about it for the last 28 years .
Endertans are pure liars like Amhara forget them. Kilte Awlalo are not liars, very dignified of Tigrayans but there are books in Mekelle, Abiy Adi and Addis Ababa in the parliament. Parliament is the accurate telling all regions of the country who they represent, Gerealta never been with anyone except part of Tembien Tsetsera woreda or Gelebeda woreda even it never been Degua Tembien woreda. What is going on is there is treasury and everyone wants to claim without any foundation but the executives of woyane are doing things what is good for them than telling the truth. Gerealta never been Adwa or Awlalo or Enderta but 1978 when woyane controlled Tembien most of them like Abiy Adi, Degua and Gerealta moved to Mekelle by Derg and kids went to school in Mekelle. The Godolo Endertans say anyone who comes to Mekelle is Enderta or part of Mekelle, part of Tembien and Adwa head quarter is in Axum does not mean Adwa and Tembien are Axum. The same is part of Tembien, Enderta and Raya HQ is Mekelle does not mean Raya is Enderta. The same Awulalo HQ is Adigrat does not mean all Agame Awraja.
Last edited by Halafi Mengedi on 10 Oct 2019, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 10 Oct 2019, 00:24

Maylomin is a non stop water esteems from the mountains, the water flow 24/7 for millions of years since the earth was created and the mountains created. The water is pure testy and during morning time it is a kind of warm to take a bath and during the day time after 11 am the water changes to cool naturally, it changes by the weather of the day of the surroundings. After you take a both your hair shines like you put oil, this true but unbelievable for those of you never tried it. During the 1984-85 drought period the water flow was a little bit decreased but never stopped to supply the city. Now the mountains are covered by trees once again the water flow will increase proportionally. During the struggle the Amhara put poison at the main tank flows by pipe to the city the day of market many from the country side come to Abiy Adi and drunk the poison water and killed many people. This is how Amhara fought us yet we went to their regions to hand them their own flag and open companies with woyane brought $300M dollars while the central bank was empty in 1991 and woyane developed their regions yet you hear what they say now. I hope all Tigrayans know what transpired and no more Tigrayan live with Amhara as one citizen in one empire continues to be a problem until dismantle itself.

Hawzen

Post by Hawzen » 10 Oct 2019, 02:17

Abdelaziz wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 11:05
Thus over 1/3rd of Tigray's 120 rockhewn churches are found in Temben. Geraalta' s famous and impressive Degum comes next to Temben….but Degum has the highest concentration of rockchurches in the same area while Temben's rockchurches are spreadout around the whole Awraja.
Even the place where Nigite Saba,Makeda, was born and where her parents lived, Siqurti, is well known in Tigray and will become famous in the entire world if the government puts more effort to make it accessible for tourists.
Sister Abi-gail,

With the way things are heading in Tigray, I think you will have even more churches since becoming priest will be the only available job for your agame people.. :lol: :lol:

Now, we would also like to know how many mosques are in Axum ???? Any number that you get from your deformed stinky behind is not acceptable ... :lol: :lol:

Dedebit is always dedeb
R.I.P Abay Tigray and TPLF

Abdelaziz
Member+

Post by Abdelaziz » 10 Oct 2019, 05:54

My sweetie Hamasenite tra'nny lady Hawzen, I tell you what, whenever I see your name blinking in my threada, my anaconda wakes up and does a great standing ovation for you, wishing to suffocate all your orifices till you pass out from pleasure. I guarantee you, I will see you in Gezabanda when wedimedhin is removed by deqiabat, or weyane, or Agazian .