Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Awash
Senior Member+

Exposing human rights violations through sport in Eritrea — is anyone taking notice?

Post by Awash » 07 Oct 2019, 03:48

...The intersection between sport and human rights highlighted above brings me to the main issue of this article – how Eritrean sportsmen and women indirectly reveal the state of human rights at home, but how very few people are taking notice. 

A few days ago, five players from the Eritrean under 20 football team absconded from their hotel in Jinja, Uganda in the middle of the Council of East and Central African Football Associations Challenge Cup. The players are likely to seek asylum in Uganda and turn their backs on Eritrea for good if the political situation remains the same...
https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article ... ng-notice/

Awash
Senior Member+

Re: Exposing human rights violations through sport in Eritrea — is anyone taking notice?

Post by Awash » 07 Oct 2019, 12:57

...While there is a long history of African athletes abdicating from national sports teams while representing their nations at international sporting events, the peculiarities that force many Eritreans to do so are quite different.

Many of the sportsmen and women from other African countries who leave their camps during international sporting events target mainly countries in the global north with buoyant economies and sometimes better policies on asylum seekers. They do so mostly to seek green pastures and better economic opportunities. Admittedly, some also do so to escape conflicts and civil war. Eritreans for their part have used sporting events as a means to escape from compulsory military service that has been described by some as a form of slavery.

In October 2015, 10 players from the Eritrean soccer team the Red Sea Camels defected after playing in a World Cup qualifying match against the Botswana national team.

Military service is compulsory for all Eritreans at 18 years old and above. While the policy governing this stipulates military service will be done for 18 months, in practice the military service is indefinite. ...

justo

Re: Exposing human rights violations through sport in Eritrea — is anyone taking notice?

Post by justo » 07 Oct 2019, 13:06

Awash wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 03:48
...The intersection between sport and human rights highlighted above brings me to the main issue of this article – how Eritrean sportsmen and women indirectly reveal the state of human rights at home, but how very few people are taking notice. 

A few days ago, five players from the Eritrean under 20 football team absconded from their hotel in Jinja, Uganda in the middle of the Council of East and Central African Football Associations Challenge Cup. The players are likely to seek asylum in Uganda and turn their backs on Eritrea for good if the political situation remains the same...
ኣወጣሽ ... እንታይ ይበሃል ኣሎ ኣብ ዓዲ ሃሎ ... ደሃይ ኣለኪዶ?
Human rights my foot, you're not exposing human rights violations, what you're exposing is your ugly unattractive behind, which is totally indecent even behind the screen

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 07 Oct 2019, 14:24

justo wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 13:06
Awash wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 03:48

ኣወጣሽ ... እንታይ ይበሃል ኣሎ ኣብ ዓዲ ሃሎ ... ደሃይ ኣለኪዶ?
Human rights my foot, you're not exposing human rights violations, what you're exposing is your ugly unattractive behind, which is totally indecent even behind the screen
Fusto,
What are you trying to hide? If there is nothing to hide, why deqi komarit medlin berad are so secretive? Why so many young and old flee from your Agame junta?
Btw, don't you give a rat's asz abour the well being of the Eritrean people? What a stupid agame wedi40 stooge
Last edited by Awash on 07 Oct 2019, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 07 Oct 2019, 14:28

Awash do u see they run away from ur thread like plague...

it is sad out of 25 national team only 8 of them come home... out of 8, all of them holder of Western passport .......

justo

Post by justo » 07 Oct 2019, 17:43

Awash wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 14:24
Fusto,
Why so many young and old flee from your Agame junta?
I told you many times before you moron, because they are getting immigrant visa on demand.

How many people do you think would remain in Mexico or Columbia if they were to get US visa just like that? Are these two countries then also North Korea of Latin America? Why do you think Trump needs to erect a wall, you moron?

Visa is a weapon used to destabilise poor countries that refuse to tow the line, get this inside your ugly behind.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 07 Oct 2019, 17:50

justo wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 17:43
Awash wrote:
Fusto,
I told you many times before you moron, because they are getting immigrant visa on demand.

How many people do you think would remain in Mexico or Columbia if they were to get US visa just like that? Are these two countries then also North Korea of Latin America? Why do you think Trump needs to erect a wall, you moron?

Visa is a weapon used to destabilise poor countries that refuse to tow the line, get this inside your ugly behind.

you idiot i understand poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor Eritrean run to America and ask for refugee but we are talking about your national team.. in Ethiopia they get paid 150,000 birr per month yes u r reading it wright 150, to 250,000 birr per month .. now tell me who is going to run if they get paid that much ..

second our national team are free to play to any team in the world .. and come back as they wish no body will say anything to them so why would they run if they can go and come as they wish.. this is what we r talking ................... during the መንጌ they used to call it sport for passport everyone who have a chance to get the hell out of Ethiopia they run away.. so we know what up in Eritrea .. the national team as whole run away because that is their only chance to run away.. and become taxi driver in America and earn 1000 dollar where they could have played at national team and enjoy life.. look our artist they making a killing they become millionaire .. they give concert and they make 100,000 dollar per years if they did 3 concert ... and when they take that money they become rich beyond imagination ..

anyhow Gold help u to open your eyes...

justo

Post by justo » 07 Oct 2019, 17:59

Ethoash wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 17:50
justo wrote:
Awash wrote:
Fusto,

you idiot i understand poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor Eritrean run to America and ask for refugee but we are talking about your national team.. in Ethiopia they get paid 150,000 birr per month yes u r reading it wright 150, to 250,000 birr per month .. now tell me who is going to run if they get paid that much ..

second our national team are free to play to any team in the world .. and come back as they wish no body will say anything to them so why would they run if they can go and come as they wish.. this is what we r talking ................... during the መንጌ they used to call it sport for passport everyone who have a chance to get the hell out of Ethiopia they run away.. so we know what up in Eritrea .. the national team as whole run away because that is their only chance to run away.. and become taxi driver in America and earn 1000 dollar where they could have played at national team and enjoy life.. look our artist they making a killing they become millionaire .. they give concert and they make 100,000 dollar per years if they did 3 concert ... and when they take that money they become rich beyond imagination ..

anyhow Gold help u to open your eyes...
shushshshsh

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 07 Oct 2019, 18:44

justo wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 17:59
shushshshsh
[/quote]

when ever you said shsususushsshshshshsh i know i make my point...

Zmeselo

Post by Zmeselo » 07 Oct 2019, 19:01

I've never seen awash cry for Eritreans deported from Ethiopia because of "eye color" or Eritreans today, whose identities are being routinely stolen in Tgray's refugee camps.

Why?

These are crimes committed by the weyane junta, hence in awash's mind are not crimes.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 08 Oct 2019, 03:43

justo wrote:
Awash wrote:
Fusto,

You idiot, do you think going to a refugee camp or Libyan detention camp is a picnic? They're risking their lives by the thousands to flee from your savage Agame junta. Those athletes just got a chance to avoid the refugee and detention camps and took that chance. Others end up languishing, dying, drowning etc.etc Some get a second chance and go to Singapore. Moron.
AFRICAN REFUGEES FIND A NEW HOME IN RWANDA aka SINGAPORE

...The group with nationals from Sudan, Somalia and Eritrea consisted of 26 children almost all of them unaccompanied by parents or family members....
https://www.fairplanet.org/editors-pick ... in-rwanda/

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 08 Oct 2019, 03:47

Zmeselo wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 19:01
I've never seen awash cry for Eritreans deported from Ethiopia because of "eye color" or Eritreans today, whose identities are being routinely stolen in Tgray's refugee camps.

Why?

These are crimes committed by the weyane junta, hence in awash's mind are not crimes.
You moron crybaby. My family members got deported at that time. You don't even know anyone of those who got deported. And you pretend to care about the Eritrean people? Fessfass Agame, your savage junta is cooking Eritreans alive in metal shipping containers, underground cells etc.etc as we speak. Mushmush.

justo

Post by justo » 08 Oct 2019, 10:06

Awash wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 03:43
You idiot, do you think going to a refugee camp or Libyan detention camp is a picnic? They're risking their lives by the thousands to flee from your savage Agame junta. Those athletes just got a chance to avoid the refugee and detention camps and took that chance. Others end up languishing, dying, drowning etc.etc Some get a second chance and go to Singapore. Moron.
Awetash dedeb, at the end of the tunnel they are dangling for them the possibility of life in the US or Germany
They are not going to Libya to stay in Libya you idiot, they are on their way somewhere, to a promised land.
They are not fleeing from "hell in Eritrea", they are coming to "heaven in the west".
Is your brain so tiny to dig this?
Running from "hell in Eritrea" stops once you're outside Eritrea.
Going to "heaven in the west" will take you through Libya, Sinai, sharks and alligators of the kind that Trump is said to be planning along the US-Mexico border.

Awetash, don'koro di'ki wa'la H'mimti T'ray?

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 08 Oct 2019, 16:32

justo wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 10:06
Awash wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 03:43
Awetash dedeb, at the end of the tunnel they are dangling for them the possibility of life in the US or Germany
They are not going to Libya to stay in Libya you idiot, they are on their way somewhere, to a promised land.
They are not fleeing from "hell in Eritrea", they are coming to "heaven in the west".
Is your brain so tiny to dig this?
Running from "hell in Eritrea" stops once you're outside Eritrea.
Going to "heaven in the west" will take you through Libya, Sinai, sharks and alligators of the kind that Trump is said to be planning along the US-Mexico border.

Awetash, don'koro di'ki wa'la H'mimti T'ray?
You moron wedi komarit, your Agame junta has turned Eritrea into hell on earth for the Eritrean people. Haven't you read all those credible reports and stories about the Eritrean young and old saying they would rather die in the Mediterranean than stay in deqi komarit controlled Eritrea? Fessfass wedi40.

Zmeselo

Post by Zmeselo » 08 Oct 2019, 17:27

The issue is not whether your family members got deported (which is obviously a lie), but why have you never mentioned those crimes even in passing? You defend the weyane, at every opportunity. Are you a masochist?

Hell, you even claim PIA started the war. There's not even one Eritrean, who believes in that.

What about those whose identities is being stolen today, btw? Do you have any empathy for them?

I might not know anyone deported but I have a brother who sacrificed his life fighting your Meqele junta, you hoe!
Awash wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 03:47
Zmeselo wrote:

Why?

You moron crybaby. My family members got deported at that time. You don't even know anyone of those who got deported. And you pretend to care about the Eritrean people? Fessfass Agame, your savage junta is cooking Eritreans alive in metal shipping containers, underground cells etc.etc as we speak. Mushmush.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 08 Oct 2019, 18:13

Obviously, you don't know what you'retalking about since you or your family weren't vicimized by either regimes. But, since those in Eritrea were and are being cooked alive, the priority should be to alleviate the suffering of the Eritrean people under your favorite Agame junta. And, the Eritrean people flee from your junta and find safe haven in Ethiopia now and for the last 20 years. So, why are you crying about an event of 20 years ago while the Eritrean people have been and are now under the yoke of the most oppressive regime on earth?
It's apparent you don't have the well beingof the Eritrean people at heart. I stead, you want to defend your Agame god from being held accountable for crimes against humanity he commits against the Eritrean people.
Fessfass wedi komarit.
Zmeselo wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 17:27
The issue is not whether your family members got deported (which is obviously a lie), but why have you never mentioned those crimes even in passing? You defend the weyane, at every opportunity. Are you a masochist?

Hell, you even claim PIA started the war. There's not even one Eritrean, who believes in that.

What about those whose identities is being stolen today, btw? Do you have any empathy for them?

I might not know anyone deported but I have a brother who sacrificed his life fighting your Meqele junta, you hoe!
Awash wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:

Why?

Zmeselo

Post by Zmeselo » 08 Oct 2019, 18:28

-My father was/is a Tegadalay for 17 years (1974-91) & my brother got martyred in 1999 in Egri Mekhel, I've spent half my life in exile...

No, I'm not victimized at all. :roll:

95% of Eritreans, if not more, are victimized.

-They're not fleeing for a safe haven in Ethiopia but are using the country as transit point to, in their minds, greener pastures.

-Their identities are being stolen today, as we speak. I'm not talking about, 20 years ago. Those you're claiming are there for safe haven are being robbed and the agame are seeking asylum in their names; while they rot in shimbella, may ayni camps.

-Don't mind me btw, if I support the regime or not. What is that to you? It's none of your business, is it? Don't even brother to convince me in anything, you believe in. I don't give a hoot, what's in your sick/sold out/convoluted mind. You can die a terrible death TODAY, as far as I'm concerned.

*Good luck in convincing other Eritreans, though.
Awash wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 18:13
Obviously, you don't know what you'retalking about since you or your family weren't vicimized by either regimes. But, since those in Eritrea were and are being cooked alive, the priority should be to alleviate the suffering of the Eritrean people under your favorite Agame junta. And, the Eritrean people flee from your junta and find safe haven in Ethiopia now and for the last 20 years. So, why are you crying about an event of 20 years ago while the Eritrean people have been and are now under the yoke of the most oppressive regime on earth?
It's apparent you don't have the well beingof the Eritrean people at heart. I stead, you want to defend your Agame god from being held accountable for crimes against humanity he commits against the Eritrean people.
Fessfass wedi komarit.
Zmeselo wrote:

Awash wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:

Why?

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 08 Oct 2019, 22:44

Mushmush Agame, my father was killed by the Derg; my brother, sister, and a whole lot of cousins/relatives deported by weyane. Ethiopia has been, for the last 2 decades, a safe haven for the Eritrean people fleeing from the worst, most oppressive regime on earth.
Meanwhile, Eritrea under your Agame regime has been the pressure cooker of the Eritrean people. You think you are a victim? Think again, fessfass Agame worshipper. You found a safe haven in the West and criticize those who want to be safe from tyranny of Agame wedi komarit medlin berad, your god. Mushmush wedi sebeyti, you should be deported back to deqi komarit ASAP so you can enjoy their company. Wedi [deleted].
Zmeselo wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 18:28
-My father was/is a Tegadalay for 17 years (1974-91) & my brother got martyred in 1999 in Egri Mekhel, I've spent half my life in exile...

No, I'm not victimized at all. :roll:

95% of Eritreans, if not more, are victimized.

-They're not fleeing for a safe haven in Ethiopia but are using the country as transit point to, in their minds, greener pastures.

-Their identities are being stolen today, as we speak. I'm not talking about, 20 years ago. Those you're claiming are there for safe haven are being robbed and the agame are seeking asylum in their names; while they rot in shimbella, may ayni camps.

-Don't mind me btw, if I support the regime or not. What is that to you? It's none of your business, is it? Don't even brother to convince me in anything, you believe in. I don't give a hoot, what's in your sick/sold out/convoluted mind. You can die a terrible death TODAY, as far as I'm concerned.

*Good luck in convincing other Eritreans, though.
Awash wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 18:13
Fessfass wedi komarit.
Zmeselo wrote:

Awash wrote:
Zmeselo wrote:

Why?

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 09 Oct 2019, 04:49

Deqi komarit medlin berad