Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth

Everybody appealing to the emotions of the mass; it is a freightening time, I feel

Post by DefendTheTruth » 06 Oct 2019, 16:10

Every corner I turn to in the internet videos these days I see only people appealing to the emotion of a large crowd, this time is really frightening but hope the situation on the ground itself is different. What I see in the internet could be just the reflection of world of the internet terrorism.

I have to abonden the internet to give my self a bit of peace.

Please do me a favor and send me no more link to the terror scene of Ethiopian political, social, religious and all other kinds of collective activities, untile people will learn to sit down and discuss issues cool headed but bold spirited for their respective causes.

What are people fed these days?

gearhead

Re: Everybody appealing to the emotions of the mass; it is a freightening time, I feel

Post by gearhead » 06 Oct 2019, 17:27

political amharic is a language invented to appeal to the emotions. it never had a day of containing itself to logic and politicans have never had a qualm about it!

that has been the way thought! it will not change anytime soon! infact, other languages are following on amharics footsteps.

Horus

Re: Everybody appealing to the emotions of the mass; it is a freightening time, I feel

Post by Horus » 06 Oct 2019, 20:42

I have said this many, many times: in social systems theory, there well founded principle. Ii is known as the principle of counter-intuitiveness. This principle states that actors produce unintended consequences. This is true because one social action triggers another opposing social action. It is true because in human social dynamics, the future is not predicted. We can't know how human act in the future. All we can do is to choose what future we want. I say this for the following reason.

Oromo political elites feel that now it is their turn to show off number and throw their sense of power every where by forgetting the type of counter action and opposite power they may trigger. In other words, Oromo power seeker and power hungry are not about purpose or about any social economic purpose. They are about power drama and scare tactics. This is now clearly producing its unintended consequences.

Both tribal Oromos and the Abiye Oromos are making fatal mistakes. If they continue with this kinds of foolish power play, there is going
be a whole new alignment forces that is not anticipated by the Jawarian drunken power mongers.

DefendTheTruth

Post by DefendTheTruth » 09 Oct 2019, 16:45

Horus wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 20:42
I have said this many, many times: in social systems theory, there well founded principle. Ii is known as the principle of counter-intuitiveness. This principle states that actors produce unintended consequences. This is true because one social action triggers another opposing social action. It is true because in human social dynamics, the future is not predicted. We can't know how human act in the future. All we can do is to choose what future we want. I say this for the following reason.

Oromo political elites feel that now it is their turn to show off number and throw their sense of power every where by forgetting the type of counter action and opposite power they may trigger. In other words, Oromo power seeker and power hungry are not about purpose or about any social economic purpose. They are about power drama and scare tactics. This is now clearly producing its unintended consequences.

Both tribal Oromos and the Abiye Oromos are making fatal mistakes. If they continue with this kinds of foolish power play, there is going
be a whole new alignment forces that is not anticipated by the Jawarian drunken power mongers.
Does your principle of "principle of counter-intuitiveness" say something about Ato Iskinder Nega coming from no where and claiming "Oromo has no right to take a leadership role in the nation's capital" and then going all the way to Bahirdar to solicit support from there for his ajenda, and then the Oromo people take this as cause to mobilize from corner to corner to come to the capital and celebrate their cultural festival there over 2 days, which thereby shocked even the likes of Iskinder and made him react calling "the city was swallowed" for the event?

Let's live long and be able to see the end of this "principle of counter-intuitiveness", my only wish.