Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Za-Ilmaknun

Re: VIVA SIDAAMMUU!: OPINION: What Ethiopians can learn from Sidama's thorny statehood journey (Aljazeera).

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 19 Sep 2019, 12:04

The "constitution" that TPLF/OLF crafted is now bare naked for its incapacity to even clearly define the ways and means how its core dictation could be executed. This garbage has now created the biggest entrapment for the ethnic zealots. They declare to be willing to die if one word of the constitution is amended not understanding the fact that their constitution doesn't even function unless it is amended.

"Crucially, the prime minister has indicated that the formation of a Sidama state would require a constitutional amendment, which requires two-thirds approval in a joint sitting of the two federal legislative houses, and by six of the current nine regional states. This raises a massive procedural hurdle and even higher risk for Sidama aspirations."

"The on-demand secession provision (both internal and external) of the constitution, therefore, was crafted with a certain political context in mind. This meant that no systematic effort was made to deliberate upon and establish detailed legislative and administrative procedures to give effect to the constitutional provisions for secession. It was assumed the EPRDF would nip these demands in the bud anyway." :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This goes to show either the then existing intelligence level of the architects of the dubious document and perhaps, their deliberate mischief or better yet the shortsighted thoughts of staying in power for perpetuity by the phonies.

Za-Ilmaknun

Re: VIVA SIDAAMMUU!: OPINION: What Ethiopians can learn from Sidama's thorny statehood journey (Aljazeera).

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 19 Sep 2019, 12:22

One critical precedence that the would be "Sidama referendum" would set is the participation of all residents in a particular region to cast their vote. The requirement by the election board for the Regional government to pay for the cost of conducting the referendum would certainly give the Regional governments a huge sway in any such quests.

"the election board announced that all citizens residing in Sidama Zone, rather than just those of Sidama origin, would vote in the planned referendum. While this will not affect the outcome of the referendum, it sets precedence and has proved very controversial."

"the board required the SNNPR to produce a legal, administrative and institutional framework to regulate key issues, notably the protection of ethnic minorities in a future Sidama state, division of assets and debts, as well as the status of Hawassa city, the centre of the Sidama demand and capital of SNNPR."

The neocolonialist TPLF was only meant to use this constitution for its hegemonic ambitions without giving far though about the implication it could have once the power slips off its tiny hands.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
We soon will see if they really meant to use the 39th... :lol: :lol:

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 19 Sep 2019, 12:38

Za-Ilmaknun

u dont love this Buda people now they r extremist advocate for TPLF Constitution, i thought u guys want to cancel the TPLF constitution ..

the devil can quote scripture for his purpose

i used to remember legal case lasted generation in Amhara court .. you will lose your mind fighting ur case in amhara court ..no body told ujustice delayed is justice denied... TPLF have 27 years to answer SIDAAMMUU now the time is past the SIDAAMMUU will take their own action and go to referendum without any vote required by Parliament, why because time limit passed...

i dont support SIDAAMMUU breaking away but they r forming state they r not forming a nation or country so why all this crying .. only Amhara are opposing this.. to me this is a great exerciser of ones right .. let them become State and let see how they will manged they might change their heart .

anyhow .Za-Ilmaknun it is great progress you try to stop them from breaking apart using the Golden Constitution .. had u have power u would have send an army to crush them and force them to learn Amharic ... but it is great progress even suggesting the Constitution .. i dont think u can stop them now .. u cant play ወግ አጥባቂነት። ወላታ ግዜ የለውም ። ፈንቅሎ ነው የሚመጣብህ ምን ልታረግ ነው ። ሳታስጠጣ የምርጫ ውጤታቸውን መቀበል ውይስ ሕግ ተጥሶዋል በለህ ውታደር ማዝመት። በዚህም በለው በዛም ኢትዬዽያ ያረጋች አገር ናት ። ወግ ማጥበቁን ትተህ ወደ ደርድር ሔደህ በ ሃያ አራት ስዓት ውስጥ ምርጫ የምታረግ ከሆን አርግ አታረግም ውለይታዎች ትግላቸውን አያቆሙም።
በዚህ ላይ እኔ እንደገባኝ የውላታ ፓርላመንት እንጂ ምን አገባው የፈደራል ፓርላመት ። እንዲ ክሆነ እኮ እንቢ ከተባሉ ምን ሊኮን ነው። ይህ ደግሞ ከሆነ አርትክል ፫፱ በፓርላም ስለሚወድቅ እንዴት አርጎ ነው አንድ ግዛት የሚገነጠለው ሌሎቹ እንቢ ካሉት። አረ የማይመስል ነገር ነው ። ፈደራል ፓርላም ይመርጣል ከተባለ እንግዲያውስ ያ መሻሻል አለበት በክልልሎች ይህ ጥያቄ መወስነ አለበት ።

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 19 Sep 2019, 13:40

Ethoash wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 12:38
Za-Ilmaknun

u dont love this Buda people now they r extremist advocate for TPLF Constitution, i thought u guys want to cancel the TPLF constitution ..

the devil can quote scripture for his purpose

TPLF have/had 27 years to answer SIDAAMMUU now the time is past the SIDAAMMUU will take their own action and go to referendum without any vote required by Parliament, why because time limit passed...

i dont support SIDAAMMUU breaking away but they r forming state they r not forming a nation or country so why all this crying .. only Amhara are opposing this.. to me this is a great exerciser of ones right .. let them become State and let see how they will manged they might change their heart .

ውለይታዎች ትግላቸውን አያቆሙም።
በዚህ ላይ እኔ እንደገባኝ የውላታ ፓርላመንት እንጂ ምን አገባው የፈደራል ፓርላመት ። እንዲ ክሆነ እኮ እንቢ ከተባሉ ምን ሊኮን ነው። ይህ ደግሞ ከሆነ አርትክል ፫፱ በፓርላም ስለሚወድቅ እንዴት አርጎ ነው አንድ ግዛት የሚገነጠለው ሌሎቹ እንቢ ካሉት። አረ የማይመስል ነገር ነው ። ፈደራል ፓርላም ይመርጣል ከተባለ እንግዲያውስ ያ መሻሻል አለበት በክልልሎች ይህ ጥያቄ መወስነ አለበት ።
Ethioash,

I know you are trying your best to contribute to the dialogue regarding the state of affairs in the country. :mrgreen: You would better serve us all if you just focus on the issues. We all have accepted your immesuarble animosity and hate towards the Amara people which helped us form our response and correct our understanding of your motives and to what an extent you would go to realize it.

Now back to the subject:

Unlike you, I do actually support the aspiration of the Sidamas and the Wolaitas, the Keffichos, the Hadias and Guraghes and any ethnic group to exercise their rights to the fullest possible and form either a region or a country. The concern here is about the mechanism to realize these aspirations and the human and material cost that it would involve. What the writer tried to indicate is the document that you are duped to accept as constitution is ruffled with so many holes that it can't even pass the simple test of validating the core of it essence. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: now go back to calling me some names... :lol: :lol:

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 19 Sep 2019, 13:51

Za-Ilmaknun
u r funny guy

when the oromo ask to use their own language we dont have money
when the Sidamas ask their right it cost to much money ... u have to love those buda amhara ..

while this the same people wasting 100 million to one billion birr celebrating all kind of religious and political event ...

even DR. Abiy spend 16 million dollar to insult the oromo on new years by calling those buda to the palace...

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 19 Sep 2019, 15:05

Ethoash wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 13:51
Za-Ilmaknun
u r funny guy

when the oromo ask to use their own language we dont have money
when the Sidamas ask their right it cost to much money ... u have to love those buda amhara ..

while this the same people wasting 100 million to one billion birr celebrating all kind of religious and political event ...

even DR. Abiy spend 16 million dollar to insult the oromo on new years by calling those buda to the palace...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Just like I expected...You never fail to be predictable. :mrgreen: You can't talk about money and Ethiopia in the same sentence. If there was any money in the country, it has been shipped to your fiefdom by your thieve barons. :mrgreen: I want to hear from the economist you...lol

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 19 Sep 2019, 16:58

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 15:05

:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Just like I expected...You never fail to be predictable. :mrgreen: You can't talk about money and Ethiopia in the same sentence. If there was any money in the country, it has been shipped to your fiefdom by your thieve barons. :mrgreen: I want to hear from the economist you...lol
not me u r the one who talk about money..

Unlike you, I do actually support the aspiration of the Sidamas and the Wolaitas, the Keffichos, the Hadias and Guraghes and any ethnic group to exercise their rights to the fullest possible and form either a region or a country. The concern here is about the mechanism to realize these aspirations and the human and material cost that it would involve.

any state would be better of if they use their mind and pull at the same direction .. for example Sidamas would be better of alone because if they fail or make it is on them

For example :- the Sidamas and the Wolaitas, the Keffichos, the Hadias and Guraghes put their money toghter who is going to be managing the money ideally it look like if they pool their money it would be power but i dont think it work in Ethiopia .. hence if each of them do their own thing if they fail they only have themselves to blame not some kind of state ... now out of those regional state if one doing a great job the other will follow their experience .. for example if Sidamas doesnt want the Arab, the Chinese and Indian to have mega land and have mega farm that is fine but on the other hand if Wolaitas want those mega investors they can have them.. but under one big state called Southern region state Wolaitas and Sidamas will not have a say.. hence they will suffer together trust me once they develop their own economy and stand on their own feet they will scale up and united that time it would be fair because both side will signed to fair deal that they can live with...