Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Za-Ilmaknun

"One of the challenges that I find hardest about living in Addis is the apparent cheapness of human life. "

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 18 Sep 2019, 17:42

"I believe the way we see others produces the society we see. If we see people as cheap, we will tolerate poverty. If we see people as worthless, we will tolerate violence. My passion is to promote a vision in which we see and treat every person as a beloved neighbor, and thus do what we can to promote human dignity and flourishing for the common good.

In Addis, it’s easy to find restaurants, clubs, and sex. But it’s hard to find a platform that consistently offers rich, imaginative thinking and conversation about what it means to be human and how to flourish.

One of the challenges that I find hardest about living in Addis is the apparent cheapness of human life. We daily see so many impoverished children, women, and elders in our streets. People are routinely exploited and neglected. We easily become numb to others’ suffering. "

That is what we ended up becoming after close to three decades of unhinged hegemonic power control by TPLF ethnic thieves.

https://www.ethiopiaobserver.com/2019/0 ... ar-writer/