Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Confusion at its apex

Post by DefendTheTruth » 18 Sep 2019, 15:42

"When we were in prison there was the common view of the Oromo prisoners that claimed that they wanted to be the next successor and subjugator of the others" (የኦሮሞ ተረኝነት መምጣት አለበት). The claimer continued saying "we are therefore the opinion that they are the in turn oppressors in our country today".

In the same token the claimer continued during the same interview to say that "while we were in prison, there was an agreement between us (the claimer's group and the oromo prisoners) that we were all for the demolution of the current regime and the nullification of the constitution". (ስሪአቱን ገርሥሶ መጣል፣ መጠገን ሰይሆን). The claimer said further that "now they came to power and declared a reform instead of a demolition. This is because they wanted to be the next in turn for the power"

And this is how the claimer tried to prove that there is a scheme in the country that designed to install the Oromo rule as the next in turn over the country.

I tried to translate to the best of my conciousness and be free from any sort of bias, so that the readers may judge the claims as objectively as possible.

I am just wondering about what time we are living in.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: Confusion at its apex

Post by DefendTheTruth » 18 Sep 2019, 16:00

"The killing of the civilian government officials in Bahrdar (unarmed and on duty of public service, was not an act of terrorism", gud seifala lelit aynegam alu.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 18 Sep 2019, 16:03

BTW., I am not trying to cover up the "defense" of Ato Bekele Gerba, he too is confused about quota and merit, among others.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 18 Sep 2019, 19:26

While weyanes were in power for all political prisoners the end of the oppression system although evitable they felt at the time it will not going to end in terms of their wish . So the complete eradication of the system was sought out. That both sides thought that starting everything from scratch would have a better chance of succeeding. However, although there was a tremendous public pressure for change to happen , the change took place within the governing body and the power transferred from TPLF to ODP peacefully and ODP was able to garner support across the society by promoting Ethiopan nationalism (multinationalism) as antidote to weyane divide and rule system that had entrenched for the past 27 years. I do remember the speech Bekle Gerba made in Adama – it was consolatory and inclusive in its vision. Then when they realize that the high echelon of power has been transferred to Oromos, the same politisians started to have a second though about having inclusivity. Just listening Bekel Gerbas cascades of speeches of resent past would make that clear. So they have laid out political strategies, though not cohesive, to promote and to institute these policies. So they dance back and forth depending the general public’s reaction to their political action. They are hoping to remake Ethiopian in Oromo image, but it is a matter of time they will abandon it. Oromo political will reconcile with Ethiopianess, no doubt. Its edgy aspect of it would be cut of naturally as its share of power equals proportional to its share of demography , but if the the veisiral haters have their way Oromo will lose the chance of a life time. I count on the wisdom of the Oromo-Ethiopians that doesn’t happen. cause no one benefit from that except may be weyanes who are salivating from afar.