Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
eritrea

Re: I never knew we had so many wise church fathers

Post by eritrea » 14 Sep 2019, 20:45

Zmeselo wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 19:18
"Eritrea", you opened a thread earlier to ask me questions and I responded about your claims there.

The spreading of the Bible per se is not the problem here- all Bibles being the same- but his TRACTS. Written, by his own hands. There then comes, the issue of interpretation of the Bible. The Devil being in the details, as they say.

What is it YOU want, btw?

Every Eritrean, to turn into a pente- mente?

If there was any thing that he said or done against the teaching of the Eritrean Orthodox tewahdo churches theology. My friend we would not be sitting here discussing about this thing. All I see is lies fabricated by a state against a head of religios institution. God knows why.

justo

Post by justo » 14 Sep 2019, 20:52

eritrea wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 20:39
First of all, you should know that Engineer Oqbazghi never concealed his religion and everyone knew from the first beginning who he was.
What about his political ambitions, do you think he told them about his political ambitions, that he had aspirations to be a US senator? That he was mixing a born-again protestant religion and politics inside an Orthodox Church.

Why did he choose to work through the Orthodox Church, you say he was open about his religion, so why didn't he stick to it and leave our humble church fathers alone. Our humble church fathers are wise and sophisticated about many things, but not about western politics and western born-again churches and their financial clout.

eritrea

Post by eritrea » 14 Sep 2019, 21:03

justo wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 20:52
eritrea wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 20:39
First of all, you should know that Engineer Oqbazghi never concealed his religion and everyone knew from the first beginning who he was.
What about his political ambitions, do you think he told them about his political ambitions, that he had aspirations to be a US senator? That he was mixing a born-again protestant religion and politics inside an Orthodox Church.

Why did he choose to work through the Orthodox Church, you say he was open about his religion, so why didn't he stick to it and leave our humble church fathers alone. Our humble church fathers are wise and sophisticated about many things, but not about western politics and western born-again churches and their financial clout.

First of all I am expecting your response to my previous question. And Being political is not always bad if you have honest and good intentions on your hearts my friend. He did what most of us never did. Single handedly made his dream come true by being able to give Eritrean households a bible for free. He got a lot of praise and blessing for his efforts. He also helped our fathers with what they needed in their monasteries. And that is not something bad. That is something that everyone of us should really do. Beside, don't forget he is Eritrean. He has the right to care for his people.

justo

Post by justo » 14 Sep 2019, 21:34

eritrea wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 21:03
First of all I am expecting your response to my previous question. And Being political is not always bad if you have honest and good intentions on your hearts my friend. He did what most of us never did. Single handedly made his dream come true by being able to give Eritrean households a bible for free. He got a lot of praise and blessing for his efforts. He also helped our fathers with what they needed in their monasteries. And that is not something bad. That is something that everyone of us should really do. Beside, don't forget he is Eritrean. He has the right to care for his people.
The religion of Obi Sium and the religion of our humble fathers should keep away from each other
The politics of Obi and the politics of Eritrea should keep away from each other.
Obi is not even a democrat, he is a conservative republican, home to less than 5% of African Americans.

Look case is now closed. Our humble fathers have won the day
We respect Obi and his politics and his religion and his money, but we want him to keep them away from our humble fathers.