Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Tiago

What is the difference between racism and tribalism?

Post by Tiago » 10 Sep 2019, 03:07

Racism is prejudice, belief, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
It presupposes that members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Tribalism, on the other hand, refers to the loyalties that people feel towards particular social groups such as ethnic affiliations, and to the way these loyalties affect their behaviour and their attitudes towards others.

Both manifest in the inherent feeling that people considered as 'the other' are not entitled to what we as a group have or should have.
They operate in the same way, in so far as both racial and tribal groupings will want to reserve the best things in society — such as political positions, for themselves, and actively intervene to ensure that other groups are kept at bay, without consideration of merit, qualifications or fairness. They must as such discriminate against people considered as 'the other'

The wages of racism and tribalism is misinformed blame, hate and mistrust of perceived outsiders that is exploited by leaders who use the blame, hate and mistrust as a subterfuge from their own failure to secure development.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Re: What is the difference between racism and tribalism?

Post by Ethoash » 10 Sep 2019, 07:46

Tiago,

both racism and tribalism have place in human history that r as old as human itself.. that is survival mechanism... for sure Amhara will not like it if 10 million oromo settled in Gonder and refused to speak Amharic and try to convert the Amhara in to oromo speaker u will not like ... that is ur survival as tribe

i also notice black people r the worst racist then the white.. look what is happening in South Africa , look black on black killing ... the point is how we mange our racism and tribalism make us a better person .. for example even long long time ago in Ethiopia we dont mind mixed marriage that keep us modern and help us develop our nation. then the America and the other took this at great value and look how America progress because of immigration (other race)
even the Arab develop because they tolerated the immigration of million of India to work in their constriction sector.. we Ethiopian see yourself tolerant more the Arab but look what we did to the billion dollar investment we call them land grab and we kick them out ... look what we do to Al Amoudi ... everyone is racist that u can take it to bank.. the point is how u mange it make u modern society... if not you stay in poverty..

ጨው ለራስ ብለህ ጣፍጥ።

ለራሳችን ብለህ ነው ታጋሽ የምንሆነው። እድገት ከፈለግን። ግን ዘረኝነት እና ጎሰኝነትን አጠፋለሁ የሚል ስው ቂል ነው። ውይ እራሱ ዘረኛ ጎስኛ ነው ሌሎቹ እንቢ ሲሉት ነው ዘርኛ የሚላቸው። ባህላቹሁን ላጥፋ ልረማመድባቹሁ ሲላቸው እንቢ ሲሉት ተመልከቱ እነዚህን ዘርኞችና ጎሴኞች ብሎ ስማቸውን የሚያጠፋ

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 10 Sep 2019, 09:07

የትህነግ rat - What a mofo hypocrite? You bash and insult Amharas and Eritreans 24/7 and yet you point fingers on to others. That itself in fact is a prove you’re inherently a hateful whoore! KIFU!
Ethoash wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 07:46
ግን ዘረኝነት እና ጎሰኝነትን አጠፋለሁ የሚል ስው ቂል ነው። ውይ እራሱ ዘረኛ ጎስኛ ነው ሌሎቹ እንቢ ሲሉት ነው ዘርኛ የሚላቸው። ባህላቹሁን ላጥፋ ልረማመድባቹሁ ሲላቸው እንቢ ሲሉት ተመልከቱ እነዚህን ዘርኞችና ጎሴኞች ብሎ ስማቸውን የሚያጠፋ

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 10 Sep 2019, 13:45

Selam/ wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 09:07
የትህነግ rat - What a mofo hypocrite? You bash and insult Amharas and Eritreans 24/7 and yet you point fingers on to others. That itself in fact is a prove you’re inherently a hateful whoore! KIFU!
Ethoash wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 07:46
ግን ዘረኝነት እና ጎሰኝነትን አጠፋለሁ የሚል ስው ቂል ነው። ውይ እራሱ ዘረኛ ጎስኛ ነው ሌሎቹ እንቢ ሲሉት ነው ዘርኛ የሚላቸው። ባህላቹሁን ላጥፋ ልረማመድባቹሁ ሲላቸው እንቢ ሲሉት ተመልከቱ እነዚህን ዘርኞችና ጎሴኞች ብሎ ስማቸውን የሚያጠፋ
Selam,

i am trying to help oromo change themselves.. so if Amhara or u stay the same it doesnt matter to me...or to oromo as long as they change happened with in Oromo self

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 10 Sep 2019, 13:50

Tiago wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 03:07

Racism is prejudice, belief, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
It presupposes that members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Tribalism, on the other hand, refers to the loyalties that people feel towards particular social groups such as ethnic affiliations, and to the way these loyalties affect their behaviour and their attitudes towards others.

Both manifest in the inherent feeling that people considered as 'the other' are not entitled to what we as a group have or should have.
They operate in the same way, in so far as both racial and tribal groupings will want to reserve the best things in society — such as political positions, for themselves, and actively intervene to ensure that other groups are kept at bay, without consideration of merit, qualifications or fairness. They must as such discriminate against people considered as 'the other'

The wages of racism and tribalism is misinformed blame, hate and mistrust of perceived outsiders that is exploited by leaders who use the blame, hate and mistrust as a subterfuge from their own failure to secure development.
Very true.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 10 Sep 2019, 18:11

Wow! የትህነግ rat is “trying to help Oromos change themselves...” Did they ask for it? qqqqqqq, this is the best joke I’ve ever heard. Dumbass, Oromo kicked and changed your criminal as$ for ever. How on earth can a dead adgi help living and breathing human beings? Even a hungry hyena wouldn’t touch you because you’re rotten top to bottom. May be your own hyenas will finish you. Gim le gim...KIFU!

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 11 Sep 2019, 00:54

Selam/ wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 18:11
Wow! የትህነግ rat is “trying to help Oromos change themselves...” Did they ask for it? qqqqqqq, this is the best joke I’ve ever heard. Dumbass, Oromo kicked and changed your criminal as$ for ever. How on earth can a dead adgi help living and breathing human beings? Even a hungry hyena wouldn’t touch you because you’re rotten top to bottom. May be your own hyenas will finish you. Gim le gim...KIFU!

Then, Selam why r u talking to dead adgi? ምነው ለቅቕህ እንዴ፦ ውይ ወንድሜን

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 11 Sep 2019, 07:41

የትህነግ rat-turned-Oromo advocate: Good that you admitted you are a dead adgi. That distinguishes you from the rest of TPLF thugs. I still have to remind you though that you’re indeed a disgusting rotten adgi so you don’t fall back to your old habits to infect sane people. KIFU!

Ethoash wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 00:54
Selam/ wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 18:11

Then, Selam why r u talking to dead adgi? ምነው ለቅቕህ እንዴ፦ ውይ ወንድሜን

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 11 Sep 2019, 08:16

Selam/ wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 07:41
የትህነግ rat-turned-Oromo advocate: Good that you admitted you are a dead adgi. That distinguishes you from the rest of TPLF thugs. I still have to remind you though that you’re indeed a disgusting rotten adgi so you don’t fall back to your old habits to infect sane people. KIFU!
Selam

why always talk about me..
the question is very simple

buda Amhara ሀገር ሀገር ማለት አለብን ዘረኛና ጎሰኛ መሆን የለብንም ይለናል ። በጎስኛ ቋንቋ እያወራ።
አማርኛ ይምን ቋንቋ ሆነና ነው የአማራ ቋንቋ ነው ታድያ በጎሳ ቋንቋ እያወራ ሌሎቹን በጎሳቸው አትናገሩ ይላቸዋል። ታድያ በምን ቋንቋ ይናገሩ። አራዳው በአማርኛ ሊላቸው ነው ። ይህ ማለት ቋንቋቸው የግዕዝን ፅዋ ቀማሽ ሊሆን ነው ማለት ነው።

የኢትዬዽያ የሚባል ቋንቋ ቢኖር ኖሮ በዛ ብንጠቀም አማሮች በዛ ቋንቋ እየወሩ ዘርና ጎሳን ቢወቅሱ አንድ ነገር ነበር ። ግን በራሳቸው የጎሳ ቋንቋ እያወሩ ልሽወዱን አይችሉም።

ደደብ ስለሆንክ የኢትዬዽያ ቋንቋ የለንም ትል ይሆናል ነበረን ግዕዝ ይባላል ። አማሮች ናቸው የገደሉት። አማሮችን ተመልከታቸው በየሄዱበት ቋንቋ ማጥፋት ነው ስራቸው። አዲስባን፤ እቃቂን ፣አዳማን፤ ስበታን የመሳስሉትን ቦታ ስታይ በአማርኛ ተውጠዋል ኦሮሞውም ኦሮምኛውን ረስቶት አማርኛን ወርሶዋል ። ትንሽ ግዜ አማሮች ቢስጣቸው ነበር ጠቅላላ ቋንቋውን ያጠፉት ነበር ግን በእግዛብሔር ፍቃድ አልቻሉም

ታድያ አንድ ቋንቋ ብንናገር ምን ጥፋት አለው ይባላል፤
መልሴ ይህ ነው ቋንቋ ሲጠፋ ብዙ ነገር ከቋንቋ ጋራ ይጠፋል ባህልና ስልጣኔ አብሮ ይጠፋል

ለምሳሌ ኦሮሞዎች ጎድፈቻ የሚባል ባህል አላቸው። ኦሮሞውች አዲስአበባ ውስጥ እንኮን ልጅ የተቸገርች ውይም የተቸገርን ቤታቸው ውስደው ያሳድጋሉ። እንግዲህ ይህ ባህል በአማራው የለም፤

ሌላው ደግሞ የኦሮሞው ጉማ ባህል ይህ ማለት ሰው ከገደልክ በይቅርታ ካሳ ከፍለህ የምትታረቅበት መንገድ ነው።
በአማራው ደግሞ ደም መላሽ ተብለህ የአባት ህን ገዳይ ተገድላለህ ። የሞች ልጅ ደግሞ አንተን ይገድላል ። የአንተ ልጅ ደግሞ ገዳይን ይገድላል

ይህ እንግዲህ የዲሞክራሱ ባህላቸውን ትተን ነው።

ዶርዜዎች ከስማኒያ በላይ የባህል ምግብ አላቸው። ትግሬው ደግሞ ከአምስት የማይበልጥ።።።። ታድያ ቋንቋን ስታተፋ ይህንን ሁሉ እውቀት ነው የምታጠፋው። ረሳ የመዳኒት ቅጠሎችን እውቀት ። እያንዳንዱ ማህበረተስብ ቢጠና ታላቅ እውቀት አለው ለሐገር የሚጠቅም ። ዝም ብሎ የአማሮችን ንጉሶች ታሪክ ከመድገም ልክ እንደ ቡራኬ እነዚህ እብረተስቦች ቢጠኑ ታላቅ አብት ነው።

በመጨረሻም በዚህ እውቀት ልተውህ ። ጋምቤላ ውስጥ ይሁን ውይ ጉሙዝ ውስጥ ብቻ ደቡብ ውስጥ አብታቸው በከብት ብዛት ይለካል ። ታድያ ከብቱን አርደው መብላት አይፈልጉም ታድያ ኬት ሊያመጡ ነው ፖሮቲን። ዘዴው ቀላል ነው የከብት ደም መጠጣት ልክ ቁርጥ ስጋ እንደመብላት ነው። ከብቱ ሳይገደል ውይ ሳይታረድ ደጋግሞ የደም ውጤት መስጠት ይቻላል ይህ ማለት አለም ሊለምደው የሚገባ ታላቅ እወቀት ነው። ከብቶች ታላቅ የአካባቢ ጉዳት እያደረሱ ነው ይባላል ታድያ ደማቸውን አሽጎ ልክ እንደ ላም ወተት ቢሽጥ አንደ ከብት ባቻ ስንቱን ስው ትቀልብ ነበር።

ግን ቡዳ አማራ ይህንን ባህል ያንቋሽሻል። እስቲ አንድ ዶሮ ባቻ ቢኖረኝ እሷንም አረጄ ከምባላት እንቁላሏ ለብዙ ግዜ መብላት አይሻልም ወይ። እንቁላሏንም ካስታቀፍኳት ትራባልኛለች ። ታድያ ይህንን ነው የምለው።።። ቋንቋን አደራ

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 11 Sep 2019, 08:22

የትህነግ rat-turned-Oromo advocate: I talk about you because you’re inherently KIFU! If Satan speaks, would you listen to what he says? I would rather stone him to death. SOB!

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 11 Sep 2019, 08:47

Selam/ wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 08:22
የትህነግ rat-turned-Oromo advocate: I talk about you because you’re inherently KIFU! If Satan speaks, would you listen to what he says? I would rather stone him to death. SOB!
Selam,

pls admit you cant read Amhric .. otherwise you would not only answer for English part.. you idiot go to google and translate it ... and u will get some idea what i am trying to say.. anyhow u r funny guy.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 11 Sep 2019, 12:43

የትህነግ rat - Now you’re pushing me to learn Amharic, the heavenly language of TPLF’s arch enemy. I really despise orbit-less people like yourself. When I poke you on woyane’s crime, you hide your criminal head under Oromos. When I ridicule your horrible high school English, you accuse me of not reading Amharic and categorize me as Eritrean. When I write in Amharic, you link me to Menilik & Haile Selassie.

You’re a retarded mthfker [email protected] who has nothing of your own to talk about and hence jump all over the place as a filthy whoore. I tell you, I would whip your koshasha bottom with poison ivy if I ever see you. Worada, KIFU!
Ethoash wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 08:47
Selam/ wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 08:22
Selam,

pls admit you cant read Amhric .. otherwise you would not only answer for English part.. you idiot go to google and translate it ... and u will get some idea what i am trying to say.. anyhow u r funny guy.

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 11 Sep 2019, 14:00

Ethoash, In USA the official language is English ,does this mean other languages are looked down or banned? Why are you so keen on accusing Amaras as if they stop you speaking in Tigrigna ,affan Oromo, etc? Amharic is nothing but a means of communication among the different tribes in Ethiopia.I bet you do not oppose the use of Tigrigna as official language in Ethiopia with the same fervent.
Do not let your unfounded fear and hate (tribalism) cloud the reality and the usefulness of the Amharic language.

simbe11

Post by simbe11 » 11 Sep 2019, 15:58

According to some they both have the same meaning but they only work selectively.
When a Tigrayan Paris Tigray he is racist
When an Oromo praise Oromo he is racist
When Amharas praise Amhara they are good people
When Eritreans do so that’s okay
And ask Horus
When Gurages do it, it is good for the whole of Ethiopia

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 11 Sep 2019, 16:00

simbe11 wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 15:58
According to some they both have the same meaning but they only work selectively.
When a Tigrayan Paris Tigray he is racist
When an Oromo praise Oromo he is racist
When Amharas praise Amhara they are good people
When Eritreans do so that’s okay
And ask Horus
When Gurages do it, it is good for the whole of Ethiopia
Yesewyewn tsehuf anatamemew mehur yetfa new ende? Ande neger eweku Tigre hulu wede enersu yehedal.

Horus

Post by Horus » 12 Sep 2019, 00:19

የዘርኝነት ዴፊኒሽን ላልገባቸው በታዬ ቦጋለ እና በእዝቅኤል ጋቢሳ መካለል ያለው ነው። ጉራጌ በዘሩ አንድ ሰው ኢትዮጵያን የማይወድ ሰው ወልዶ አያቅም ። ጉራጌ ግን በራሱ ኩሩ የሆነ ጎሳ ነው። ለጉራጌ ጉራጌነትና ኢትዮጵያዊነት አንድ እና አንድ ነገሮች ናቸው። ለእኔ ኢትዮጵያ ማለት ጉራጌ፣ ጉራጌ ማለት ኢትዮጵያ ነው። ያ ነው ልዩነቱ። አንተ እንዲህ ብትሆን ይህ ውይይት አይኖርም ነበር።