Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

African Leaders paying Tribute to one of the Heros of Liberation Struggle of Africans

Post by DefendTheTruth » 06 Sep 2019, 12:58

I hereby join the African Leaders and extend my condolences to the family of the former President of Zimbabwe, Mr. Robert Mugabe, who was a towering figure of African liberation struggle from the yoke of colonialism and the people of Zimbabwe at large.
According to BBC World News channel of today, African Leaders have paid (are paying) tributes to the former president, who is said to have passed away today in a Singapore Hospital.

Admittedly Mr. Mugabe was a controversial figure in his political career, but an undisputed hero of the liberation struggle that did see all African countries finally be free from the European colonialism, one of the major scars of humanity and symbol of the vicious exploitation and deprivation of a major chunk of the human family. The scar and wounds of colonialism and slavery will stay for many many more years and decades to come, but it is still a good gesture to celebrate their end and pay tribute to those who fought resolutely against these savageries of historical circumstances.

I hope some other countries of the world and their leaders will also come to their sense and pay a tribute to the towering figure of African independence, even if there could be somethings that they don’t agree with his policies and actions as a leader of the young free African nation.
RIP, Sir!

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: African Leaders paying Tribute to one of the Heros of Liberation Struggle of Africans

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 Sep 2019, 15:12

"President Mugabe was an icon of African Liberation Struggle", president Sahele-Work Zewdie of Ethiopia.

Awash
Senior Member+

Re: African Leaders paying Tribute to one of the Heros of Liberation Struggle of Africans

Post by Awash » 15 Sep 2019, 16:00

Hero turned Zero like the Agame wedi komarit medlin berad.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 Sep 2019, 16:10

Awash wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 16:00
You are a one dimensional person who is part of the averge joes, the issue here is above the thinking capacity of the average joes.

Mr. Mugabe was a pan-africanist, to begin with, and didn't fight to liberate an African from an African "colonialisms". So, your comparison of a symbol of African liberation with someone who spent much of his time in driving out those same people he claimed to have liberated is a far-fetched projection, in my view.

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 15 Sep 2019, 16:20

Former tplfist,

You ain’t different than Asswash. In fact you are below the average joe.
DefendTheTruth wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 16:10
Awash wrote:
You are a one dimensional person who is part of the averge joes, the issue here is above the thinking capacity of the average joes.

Mr. Mugabe was a pan-africanist, to begin with, and didn't fight to liberate an African from an African "colonialisms". So, your comparison of a symbol of African liberation with someone who spent much of his time in driving out those same people he claimed to have liberated is a far-fetched projection, in my view.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 15 Sep 2019, 16:25

Average joe would be better than the idiot who turned Africa's breadbasket Rhodesia into the
shambles Zimbabwe finds itself today.
If you want to read about heros, click here: https://www.rd.com/culture/rwanda-cleanest-nation/

https://allafrica.com/stories/201604221015.html
DefendTheTruth wrote:
Awash wrote:

Last edited by Awash on 15 Sep 2019, 16:35, edited 2 times in total.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 Sep 2019, 16:30

Fed_Up wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 16:20
Former tplfist,

Okay, let me agree with you (just to satisfy your ego) that I am below the average joe. But that wouldn't make you free from the burden of proof of showing that former president of Zimbabuwe, Mr. Mugabe and current president of the state of Eritrea, Mr. Isayas Afwerki, could be thrown into the same category, if yes, then on what scale actually?

Bring forward your emprical proof and I am here to agree with you, don't worry about my level.

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 15 Sep 2019, 17:40

Former tplfist,

You are neither Eritrean nor Zimbabwean .. you are just scribble your shallow thoughts based on hate.
Unlike you I have the right to talk about Eritrea ‘s Afowerki but not Zembabwi. I will leave that for zembabwie.
Afeworki is the hero and founding father of Eritrea. However, you think he villain because Simply he is victorious over your idols. If I were you, I would have mum and focus on your state of empire building high mess bogged down Ethiopian.

DefendTheTruth wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 16:30
Fed_Up wrote:
Former tplfist,

Okay, let me agree with you (just to satisfy your ego) that I am below the average joe. But that wouldn't make you free from the burden of proof of showing that former president of Zimbabuwe, Mr. Mugabe and current president of the state of Eritrea, Mr. Isayas Afwerki, could be thrown into the same category, if yes, then on what scale actually?

Bring forward your emprical proof and I am here to agree with you, don't worry about my level.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 15 Sep 2019, 22:18

DefendThe Average joe,
Did you read the articles I told you about regarding heros who didn't end up Zeros?

https://www.rd.com/culture/rwanda-cleanest-nation/

https://allafrica.com/stories/201604221015.html
DefendTheTruth wrote:

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 16 Sep 2019, 13:02

How Long Must Eritrea Wait for Change?

Eritrean refugees participate in a demonstration in support of a U.N. human rights report accusing Eritrean leaders of crimes against humanity in front of the Africa Union headquarters in Ethiopia's capital Addis Ababa, June 23, 2016 Tiksa Negeri / REUTERS

by Michelle Gavin September 16, 2019

...A ruling elite so consumed by the past should be aware that history, including very recent African history, is replete with liberators who became oppressors. It is difficult to see the appeal in emulating their examples...
Read more:
https://www.cfr.org/blog/how-long-must- ... ait-change

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 16 Sep 2019, 16:22

Awash wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 13:02

Eritrean refugees participate in a demonstration in support of a U.N. human rights report accusing Eritrean leaders of crimes against humanity in front of the Africa Union headquarters in Ethiopia's capital Addis Ababa, June 23, 2016 Tiksa Negeri / REUTERS

...A ruling elite so consumed by the past should be aware that history, including very recent African history, is replete with liberators who became oppressors. It is difficult to see the appeal in emulating their examples...
Read more:
Awash,

we have many dissidents (in the whole of Africa) who are very good at outcrying about the wickedness of those in power, once they themselves replace those in power we have seen practically no end to the cycle of tumultous and a new round of outcry, Zimbabwe could be a good example, if you don't kike to admit it, look into the book of zimbabwe itself.

To repeat again what I said before, I didn't say that Mr. Mugabe was a good political leader, what I said and also President Sahel-Work Zewdie repeated is that he is an African icon of liberation struggle.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 16 Sep 2019, 16:31

Fed_Up wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 17:40
Former tplfist,

You are neither Eritrean nor Zimbabwean .. you are just scribble your shallow thoughts based on hate.
Unlike you I have the right to talk about Eritrea ‘s Afowerki but not Zembabwi. I will leave that for zembabwie.
Afeworki is the hero and founding father of Eritrea. However, you think he villain because Simply he is victorious over your idols. If I were you, I would have mum and focus on your state of empire building high mess bogged down Ethiopian.

DefendTheTruth wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 16:30
Fed_Up wrote:
Former tplfist,

I gave you a chance to clear your name and prove yourself to be above the average, accepting my own level as below the average. But you failed and as such you are now below the level which I took for myself. I am below the average but then you are double below the average.

For your information I don't hate the brotherily people of Eritrea, nor I hate President Isayas Afwerki, but I do expect from him to repent his sins and try to bring the brotherily people of Ethiopia and Eritrea together that he contributed heavily to separate.

Is that much to ask for? It could be yes for people at your level, but it is totally not for those above the average. Have a nice time, I didn't start to discuss about Eritrea under this thread, your buddy brought it in.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 16 Sep 2019, 17:40

The Agame tyrant will alse be an "icon" after he expires with horrendous legacy i.e. Mussolini, Pol Pot, etc. etc.

Last week, the Committee to Protect Journalists ranked Eritrea "the most censored country in the world." That unsurprising conclusion is only the latest dubious distinction for Eritrea, a state that often seems frozen in an authoritarian limbo in the midst of a region characterized by profound changes. 

The much-heralded 2018 peace deal with Ethiopia removed the Eritrean government’s primary rationale for its vice-like grip on power and disregard for the civil and political rights of its people, but it did not in fact lead to the opening of political space. In June, over a hundred prominent African intellectuals wrote to President Isaias Afwerki, expressing concern about political prisoners and the steady stream of young asylum-seekers desperate to escape the constraints of life in the Eritrea that Isaias has created. In response, the Ministry of Information questioned their motives, declared them uninformed, and noted that policy formulation and implementation is the responsibility of “the government and the people of Eritrea alone.”  But Eritreans are not free to express themselves on these issues, and the government’s claim to legitimately represent the will of the people rests on its own self-regard and delusion.

President Isaias and those who continue to enable him are right about some things. Eritrea’s history is a painful one, and they should not dismantle the machinery of repression that is so pervasive in Eritrea because of pressure from outsiders. They should dismantle it because Eritreans deserve better. A ruling elite so consumed by the past should be aware that history, including very recent African history, is replete with liberators who became oppressors. It is difficult to see the appeal in emulating their examples..

The status quo doesn’t just condemn Eritreans to languish under stifling state control, and it doesn’t just irrevocably tarnish Isaias’s legacy. It threatens the integrity and future of Eritrea itself. By denying citizens the right to freely debate their aspirations for Eritrea’s future, by refusing to implement the constitution to provide a frame for future decision-making, by conflating dissent with treason, the current government renders the state more and more brittle, and closes off avenues for peaceful, progressive political development. The autocratic paralysis at the top may achieve what so many years of international treachery and indifference could not — it may irreparably weaken the resilience of one the world’s most resilient nations.