Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
eden
Member+

The man who broke hgdef strategy

Post by eden » 05 Sep 2019, 07:34

Amaniel Sahle understood hgdef strategic hate campaign against Ethio Tegarus was designed to invoke reaction against Eri Tegarus, keeping the siege mentality in Eritrea going and hence undermining opposition to hgdef.

This man has helped Eri Tegarus focus on its internal problem by minimizing the Ethio Tegaru factor out of the equation, giving Eri Tegarus the breathing room necessary to think, debate and organize.

YAY

Re: The man who broke hgdef strategy

Post by YAY » 05 Sep 2019, 10:15

Dear Eden: You are trying to confuse issues, aren't you?

Could you explain what you mean by EthioTegarus? or Eri Tegarus?
Are you trying to mixup the two different entities of the Etiyopiyan Biher Tegraiy with the Eritrean Biher Tigrinya?
Are you, by any chance, one of the confused and racist Agaaziyans?

HGDeF never had, to the best of my knowledge and understanding, any strategy or policy of hate against Tigrawian. It has criticized TPLF but, to the best of my knowledge and understanding, never campaigned hate against any Etiyopiyans, including Tegaru. Amanuel Sahle does't seem to understand the open (not hidden) Eritrea's foreign policies and principles of mutual interests, fraternity and cooperation. He cannot stop what he doesn't understand. What ought to be done is to conclude peace by demarcating the border, and that would enhance fraternity.

I think Tegaru elites are trying to define or re-define Tigrawian's ethnic, national, political, etc. identities, and Amanuel Sahle presented a mis-characterization of Eritreans in his theory of Eritreans looking down on Tegaru, based on Italian racism displayed in Africa. Amanuel Sahle presented a few things he pretends to know about Asmara and presenting them as if they are true throughout Eritrea. His One World worldview, as far I am concerned, is an amateurish "philosophy". Tell him that Asmara is not equal to Eritrea. At present, Eritreans are not happy with TPLF not supporting the Etiyopiya-Eritrea peace deal, and because of its anxiety, not trying to honestly settle the border issue, now. You should keep in mind that the sensitive matters between TPLF and HGDeF are TPLF's policies of

(1)claiming territories from neighbors,
(2)dividing one country's people into ethno-linguistics groups and disregarding national harmony and other common interests, and
(3)not abiding by its treaties.

I understand that TPLF's irredentism (wanting to reclaim what they believed were once Tigraiyan or Axumite territories and make a Greater Tigraiy nation a reality) is the source of its major conflicts with sovereign Eritrea, or the Oromiya and the AmHara states in Etiyopiya. What they have to do with Eritrea is just drop the "villagers know their borders best (even rocks and trees) demarcation strategy, and implement the border demarcation as is (and then consider, through honest talks, to exchange equivalent pieces of land with Eritrea in areas they wish to change), and the job would be done. That is what would most likely work, and help you reduce your threats. Don't stall the overall peace process. What are they afraid of? It is much easier to work for peace than prepare for war. Plan to avoid disastrous wars by making ShaEbiyya, AmHara Democratic Party and Oromo Democratic Party your peaceful friends.

Taking territories from your neighbors and declaring Tigraiy a sovereign state, independent from Etiyopiya, is not going to save you from fighting a war of borders or sovereignty. Either one by one, or in collaboration with each other, your neighbors would likely go after TPLF, with armed forces, to reclaim back their illegally-taken territories. Don't you ever think you will live in peace after snatching away your neighbors' lands without their consent. That would be really ugly for everyone, but particularly worse for Tigraiy. Now is the time for TPLF and Tigraiy to avoid war by any means necessary.What do you say?

eden wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 07:34
Amaniel Sahle understood hgdef strategic hate campaign against Ethio Tegarus was designed to invoke reaction against Eri Tegarus, keeping the siege mentality in Eritrea going and hence undermining opposition to hgdef.

This man has helped Eri Tegarus focus on its internal problem by minimizing the Ethio Tegaru factor out of the equation, giving Eri Tegarus the breathing room necessary to think, debate and organize.

molover

Post by molover » 05 Sep 2019, 11:51

YAY wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 10:15
Dear Eden: You are trying to confuse issues, aren't you?

Could you explain what you mean by EthioTegarus? or Eri Tegarus?
Are you trying to mixup the two different entities of the Etiyopiyan Biher Tegraiy with the Eritrean Biher Tigrinya?

HGDeF never had, to the best of my knowledge and understanding, any strategy or policy of hate against Tigrawian. It has criticized TPLF but, to the best of my knowledge and understanding, never campaigned hate against any Etiyopiyans, including Tegaru. Amanuel Sahle does't seem to understand the open (not hidden) Eritrea's foreign policies and principles of mutual interests, fraternity and cooperation. He cannot stop what he doesn't understand. What ought to be done is to conclude peace by demarcating the border, and that would enhance fraternity.

I think Tegaru elites are trying to define or re-define Tigrawian's ethnic, national, political, etc. identities, and Amanuel Sahle presented a mis-characterization of Eritreans in his theory of Eritreans looking down on Tegaru, based on Italian racism displayed in Africa. Amanuel Sahle presented a few things he pretends to know about Asmara and presenting them as if they are true throughout Eritrea. His One World worldview, as far I am concerned, is an amateurish "philosophy". Tell him that Asmara is not equal to Eritrea. At present, Eritreans are not happy with TPLF not supporting the Etiyopiya-Eritrea peace deal, and because of its anxiety, not trying to honestly settle the border issue, now. You should keep in mind that the sensitive matters between TPLF and HGDeF are TPLF's policies of

(1)claiming territories from neighbors,
(2)dividing one country's people into ethno-linguistics groups and disregarding national harmony and other common interests, and
(3)not abiding by its treaties.

I understand that TPLF's irredentism (wanting to reclaim what they believed were once Tigraiyan or Axumite territories and make a Greater Tigraiy nation a reality) is the source of its major conflicts with sovereign Eritrea, or the Oromiya and the AmHara states in Etiyopiya. What they have to do with Eritrea is just drop the "villagers know their borders best (even rocks and trees) demarcation strategy, and implement the border demarcation as is (and then consider, through honest talks, to exchange equivalent pieces of land with Eritrea in areas they wish to change), and the job would be done. That is what would most likely work, and help you reduce your threats. Don't stall the overall peace process. What are they afraid of? It is much easier to work for peace than prepare for war. Plan to avoid disastrous wars by making ShaEbiyya, AmHara Democratic Party and Oromo Democratic Party your peaceful friends.

Taking territories from your neighbors and declaring Tigraiy a sovereign state, independent from Etiyopiya, is not going to save you from fighting a war of borders or sovereignty. Either one by one, or in collaboration with each other, your neighbors would likely go after TPLF, with armed forces, to reclaim back their illegally-taken territories. Don't you ever think you will live in peace after snatching away your neighbors' lands without their consent. That would be really ugly for everyone, but particularly worse for Tigraiy. Now is the time for TPLF and Tigraiy to avoid war by any means necessary.What do you say?

eden wrote:

Brother YAY,
Kemaka Yibzihu.

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 05 Sep 2019, 12:30

eden wrote:

As much as we oppose the dictator, no patriot Eritrean will accept any political Change hatched and packaged in Tigray. Simple as that.

For any Tigrian who want friendship or kinship, accept the border verdict with out If or but and let the Change takes its own course.

Other than that, መንገዲ ገዲፍኩም ጓል መንገዲ ኣይተናድዩ. ሰብ ቆልዓ ወይ ህጻን ኣይኮነን

Btw. Cut the non existent eritrean tegaru, just like there is no Austrian germans, there is no Eritrean Tegaru. ለኸብጥ, ዓጸፍቲ መልሓሶም

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 05 Sep 2019, 12:38

Deqi-Arawit wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 12:30
eden wrote:

As much as we oppose the dictator, no patriot Eritrean will accept any political Change hatched and packaged in Tigray. Simple as that.

For any Tigrian who want friendship or kinship, accept the border verdict with out If or but and let the Change takes its own course.

Btw. Cut the non existent eritrean tegaru, just like there is no Austrian germans, there is no Eritrean Tegaru. ለኸብጥ, ዓጸፍቲ መልሓሶም
Ane tesfay kab hakegna Eritrawian eyu,thanks.Natatom hasab ewn tekelala yebleyin,I am proud of this.Eziy kebel keleku Tigraway eye zfetwom tegaru alewu.

Follower

Post by Follower » 05 Sep 2019, 13:24

Degnet wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 12:38
Deqi-Arawit wrote:
eden wrote:

Ane tesfay kab hakegna Eritrawian eyu,thanks.Natatom hasab ewn tekelala yebleyin,I am proud of this.Eziy kebel keleku Tigraway eye zfetwom tegaru alewu.
Well said both brothers yay and deqi.
ኣይተ ተመን gegnet(ቀሺ ሰጣውንቲ)ኤርትራውያን እንታይ ክገብሩልካ ኢኻ ትትስፎ ዘለኻ ?ክስጎጉ እንከለዉ ዓገብ እሕዋትና እዮም ኢልካ ተቃዊምካ ዶ ትፈልጥ?ሕጂ ኣብ መንቀራቅሮ ምስ ኣተካ ክረድኡካ ምትስፋው ካብ ምንታይ ዝተበገሰ እዩ?

justo

Post by justo » 05 Sep 2019, 13:26

Deqi-Arawit wrote:

Afka akib chenawi, you cannot have it both ways. You cannot be both agazit and Eritrean. You're the one who is confusing our people and sawing discord among us, Eden is much better than you in that she is easier to spot.

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 05 Sep 2019, 14:13

justo wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 13:26
Deqi-Arawit wrote:

Afka akib chenawi, you cannot have it both ways. You cannot be both agazit and Eritrean. You're the one who is confusing our people and sawing discord among us, Eden is much better than you in that she is easier to spot.
ቲፎዞታት ወዲ መድሕን በራድ፣ ሓንጎል ኣይትዓደልክንን። በጀካ ከም ፓፓጋሎ ሰቅ ኢሉ ዘይእቱ ዘይውፍር ባዶሽ ዝኾነ ጭርሖታት ክትደግማ ካልእ ዓቅሚ የብልክንን። ከይሓፈርክን፣ ጽንዓት ብጽንዓት ንልምዓት ድኣ በላ፣ ጀለፍፍ።

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 05 Sep 2019, 14:18

Follower wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 13:24
Degnet wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 12:38
Deqi-Arawit wrote:
eden wrote:

Well said both brothers yay and deqi.
ኣይተ ተመን gegnet(ቀሺ ሰጣውንቲ)ኤርትራውያን እንታይ ክገብሩልካ ኢኻ ትትስፎ ዘለኻ ?ክስጎጉ እንከለዉ ዓገብ እሕዋትና እዮም ኢልካ ተቃዊምካ ዶ ትፈልጥ?ሕጂ ኣብ መንቀራቅሮ ምስ ኣተካ ክረድኡካ ምትስፋው ካብ ምንታይ ዝተበገሰ እዩ?
I have wept for my friend,Egziabher eyu zfelet,kelie dema kulu be mestir eyu tegeiru be leiti,I myself was cought in Bole airport after I arrived there from Holland.It is a tragedy you brought to us/Regman hatse Haileslassie

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 05 Sep 2019, 17:12

YAY wrote:
Dear Eden:

Could you explain what you mean by EthioTegarus? or Eri Tegarus? HGDeF never had, to the best of my knowledge and understanding, any strategy or policy of hate against Tigrawian.
The hgdef mendef never had 'indefinite national service' strategy on paper neither. But in effect, that is what the strategy was and what was implemented. Ethio Tegaru hate as a strategy is same thing. Amaniel Sahile brought the underlying issue and openly discussed it, making the strategy useless.

P.S. Tegaru is tigrigna speaking people in adigrat, seraye, axum, enderta, hamasen, adwa, akeleguzai, shire, etc etc.
Last edited by eden on 05 Sep 2019, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

molover

Post by molover » 05 Sep 2019, 17:20

eden wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 17:12
YAY wrote:
Dear Eden:

HGDeF never had, to the best of my knowledge and understanding, any strategy or policy of hate against Tigrawian.

The hgdef mendef never had 'indefinite national service' strategy on paper neither. But in effect, that is what the strategy was and what was implemented. Ethio Tegaru hate as a strategy is same thing. Amaniel Sahile brought the underlying issue and openly discussed it, making the strategy useless.

P.S. Tegaru is tigrigna speaking people in adigrat, seraye, axum, enderta, hamasen, adwa, akeleguzai, shire, etc etc.
I Was In Sawa and nakfa for national Obligation and I am proud of it. I built Two Huge Dams in Embalko amd to close by the Denden trenches.
Amslutat bezihkum.

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 05 Sep 2019, 17:49

eden wrote:
YAY wrote:
Dear Eden:

Could you explain what you mean by EthioTegarus? or Eri Tegarus? HGDeF never had, to the best of my knowledge and understanding, any strategy or policy of hate against Tigrawian.

P.S. Tegaru is tigrigna speaking people in adigrat, seraye, axum, enderta, hamasen, adwa, akeleguzai, shire, etc etc
According to whom?
ገመል ሰሪቕካ ጉምቡሕ ጉምቡሕ ኣይኮነን.

pastlast

Post by pastlast » 05 Sep 2019, 21:29

Liar and then you sought asylum outside. Shut up liar!
molover wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 17:20
eden wrote:
YAY wrote:
Dear Eden:

HGDeF never had, to the best of my knowledge and understanding, any strategy or policy of hate against Tigrawian.

I Was In Sawa and nakfa for national Obligation and I am proud of it. I built Two Huge Dams in Embalko amd to close by the Denden trenches.
Amslutat bezihkum.

YAY

Post by YAY » 06 Sep 2019, 02:57

Dear Eden: On what basis are "Tigrinya speakers" in Seraye, Hamasiem, and Akele Guzai Tegaru?

National Service in Eritrea was on paper and officially and publicly proclaimed, and the term of service was 18 months. It was made indefinite because of the unexpected need that Eritrea's national security had demanded, not as ShaEbiyya's expression of hatred of Tigrayans. The enemy could have been any power other than TPLF-led Etiyopiya, a responsible government would, I believe, react the same way. I think you are purposely misinterpreting it for political reasons, while the case is really otherwise(like I stated above). Who would think, in 1994, that TPLF-Etiyopiya would re-kindle irredintism to claim Eritrean territory 3 to 4 years later? Definitely, National Service was generally a good nation-building policy and a national defense strategy, but it was a project for internal unity and defense of our freedom; and it was not an expression of hatred towards the Tigraiyan people. That is where I believe you are confusing the issues.

You also stated that
Amaniel Sahile brought the underlying issue and openly discussed it, making the strategy useless.
Amanuel Sahle's thesis of why Eritreans allegedly hate Tegaru (i.e. because Tigraiyans who come to Eritrea for employment or trade were poor or not modernized, or dirty, and with strange Tigrinya accent,etc.,and therefore ethnically discriminated, because Italian colonizers brainwashed Kombishtato --Campo di Citta--Asmarini to be racists, or have colonial mentality, etc.) without researched evidence, is a joke. It is total mis-characterization of Eritreans. Some Eritreans definitely do dislike some behaviors of some Tigraiyans, some Eritreans interact with Tegaru in many ways, some Eritreans don't know Tigraiyans. But if Eritreans had racist and discriminatory hatred towards Tigraiyans, we wouldn't have intermingled, married or cooperated with each other to great extent before the border war, at all. Why did his Eritrean grandfather marry his Tigraiyan grandmother, then? Do you think he is thinking right? I believe either Amanuel Sahle doesn't know Eritreans that much, and/or he is an opportunity hunter.

The underlying core issues of conflict between TPLF-Tigraiy and ShaEbiyya-Eritrea is not what he enumerated, but what he left out: the policies, practices and behaviors of the Tigraiy elites towards Eritrea and our proto-Eritrean ancestors. You aimed to take part or all of our territory, to impose an ethnic/national identity on Biher Tigrinya without good reason, to divide Eritrea's Biherat and weaken our united strength to stay free and prosper, Raisi Alula massacred 2/3 of the Kunama and Nara population on November 22, 1886, and TPLF refused for long to respect their own treaties with us, to say the least. Italian colonialism was not the main factor that separated Tegaru and Tigrinya. Some Eritreans, for instance, preferred to live under imperial Italian rule than under cruel Tigraiyan conquerors. Some say that we have been together since the Aksumite era, and therefore we are one people, but our memory says otherwise. Tigraiyan elites did, and still do, pose a continual threat to our freedom. That is the core issue between you and us. Our differentiation has been a systemic process that went on for a long time. Please take note that for about 1100 years after the demise of the Aksumite Empire in 916-940? AD, the Etiyopiyan Tegaru and the Eritrean Tigrinya (though they maintain some shared cultural traits) have continued drifting apart into two distinct political entities.

I have read your following definition of Tegaru:
Tegaru is tigrigna speaking people in adigrat, seraye, axum, enderta, hamasen, adwa, akeleguzai, shire, etc etc.
Nothing Tigraiyan elites like you say or do surprises me any more these days. I want you to know,though, that everything you say cannot be true just because you just said it, or put it down in writing. You must have some basis for believing in what you stated. What is it? Tell us, please.
Tegaru or Tigreans, or Tigrawian or Tigraiyans is the plural forms of the singular Tigrawi(t), Tigre ትግሬ, or Tigraiyawi(t), or Tigraiyan. And they are native to the land known as Tigrai, or Tigre ትግሬ, Tigray, Tigraiy. On that basis, the people of Adigrat, Axum, Enderta, Aadwa and Shirre are Tegaru. So I ask you: what is the ethnicity of Tegaru, and on what basis (or reasons) are the Tigrinya of Seraye, Hamasiem, and Akele Guzai Tegaru?
eden wrote:
YAY wrote:
Dear Eden: