Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
AbyssiniaLady
Member+

The Eritrean Afar State in Exile (Eretriyah Qafarih Konnabna Demokraasil Daabisenno)

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 30 Aug 2019, 11:17

The Eritrean Afar State in Exile.

The Afar homeland (Dankalia) is over 40,000 Square Kilometers in size, stretching from the northern tip of Bori Peninsula near Massawa to southern town of Rahyta. The coastal regions of Dankalia stretch up 1000 KM and contain historic villages, ports and islands. Dahlak Island, for example, contains over 300 islands

Dankaliyah Rakaakayih Doolta

Eretereyah Qafarih ixxima 600,000-800,000,

Saytun Badi Afaay, mango Qaynatih Kullum kee Maqaadin le,

Dankaaliyah Badih Af 1000 kilo mitir yakkem nakkale,

Dankaaliyal: Potash, gold, granite, gravel, gypsum, kaolin, lime, limestone, marble Pumice, quartz, salt, sand, and silica sand Chromium, copper, Iron, lead Magnesium, nikel, silver, and zinc

Namma Furda Baad caddo le (Qasab & Massowaq) ikoytah le

The Eritrean Afar State Flag.

The Eritrean Afar State in Exile (EASE) protects the interests of the Afar people, a marginalized and minority indigenous group of East Africa, whose population in Eritrea live in the Southern Red Sea Region. To them, though, the region is known as Dankalia. Eritrea's current ruling party, the People’s Front for Democracy and Justice (PFDJ), are nationalistic and treat the Afar, Kunama, and other minority groups poorly.

The Commission of Inquiry on Human Rights in Eritrea reported there have been systematic crimes against humanity committed by government officials against indigenous groups over the past 27 years. In June 2017, the Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in Eritrea said “the situation of human rights in Eritrea has not significantly improved."

In 2018, some are hopeful that the change in federal leadership in Ethiopia will lead to peace and prosperity between the two nations. However, despite Eritrean cooperation with their neighbors, its government still has work to do if they truly want to help their indigenous minorities.
Last edited by AbyssiniaLady on 03 Sep 2019, 16:52, edited 2 times in total.

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Re: The Eritrean Afar State in Exile

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 30 Aug 2019, 11:23

Recent Land Grab.

The Eritrean Afar State accused the Eritrean Government of practicing “systemic policies to displace the Afar Eritreans from resources rich and strategic coast on the red sea," in a statement made in Ottawa, Canada. They are referring to a newscast on state-run television, stating the government will settle victims of a 2011 Mt. Nabro volcanic eruption in the Afar's region.

The Eritrean Afar State claims it is a “land grab and displace for the benefit of the regime," so they can utilize the region's resources. In defense of their land, EASEs mission is as follows

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 30 Aug 2019, 11:28

Marginalization and Persecution.

The Afar people have been evicted without any compensation from the port area of Assab. The Government [of Eritrea] continues to pursue a land policy that has legitimized forcible displacement and dispossession of indigenous populations and minorities, leading to arbitrary and uncompensated evictions. For example, the Afar people, a pastoralist ethnic minority, have been forcefully evicted, affecting their means of livelihood. They depend on their land, salt mines and fishing and they have been removed from around Assab, the port city in the Southern Red Sea Region

As a result, over 200,000 Afar have emigrated from the country to avoid persecution. They reside as refugees in neighboring countries and will continue to do so as long as the government of Eritrea commits these abuses.

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 30 Aug 2019, 11:40

Eritrean Afar elders call for their rights.

DECLARATION OF THE ERITREAN AFAR TRADITIONAL ELDERS OCTOBER 7TH, 2018.

WE are Traditional Afar Elders of Eritrea. We have fled our beloved country, the territory of Dankalia, our homes, and properties due to violence and persecution including mass murder, torture, rape, disappearances,communal displacement, destruction of our culture and indigenous way of life.

Since the normalization of relations has started between Ethiopia-Eritrea there have been numerous attempts by agents of Eritrean regime to intimidate and influence leading Afar Elders decisions and coerce our exiled community to return without any guarantees to their lives, safety and security and restorations of their rights and properties in Eritrea.

WE CONDEMN these actions of intimidation and coercion by Eritrean government and call on all of our people to remain steadfast and united under these circumstances.

WE, THEREFORE, The Eritrean Afar people, the Traditional Afar Elders, including Afar refugees, women and youth assembled together in the City of Logya, Ethiopia declare to the World the solemn will of the Eritrean Afar Nation as follows:

1. The Eritrean Afar people must be compensated for the loss of lives, properties, their indigenous way of life and must be compensated for other crimes against humanity committed during the past 27 years in Eritrea.

2. The Eritrean Afar people must have the right to political autonomy in Dankalia within its traditional territories of the coast of Bori to Rahayta.

3. The Eritrean Afar people must have the right to own and control their lands, fisheries and natural resources including a percentage of payment on the use of the Port of ASSAB and other industrial infrastructureswithin its territories and must enjoy the profits therefrom under conditions established by law.

4. The Eritrean Afar refugees who have fled Eritrea shall have the right of return to their homes and properties in Eritrea under the supervision and the assistance of the United Nations, and must be compensated for the persecution and for all other losses that they may have suffered in Eritrea.

WE, by our names, signatures, and marks pledge our commitment and resolve to the above solemn principles and pledge to contribute to restorations of rights to all Eritreans and contribute to sustainable peace and inclusive economic prosperity and relations between regional governments.

Follower

Post by Follower » 30 Aug 2019, 13:14

Agames should have their listro box reconded at unesco world heritage.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 30 Aug 2019, 13:19

AbyssiniaLady,

Any dumb can tell that our eri-afar ethnic group are marginalyzed by the mafia regime in eritrea same as others.

Having said that, I have great respect for their activists (the afar elites), they bluntly acknowledge that they ARE ERITREANS, they never ever mentioned that they belong to ethiopia or djibouti.

Hats off to them and they should remain patient same as their other eri-compatriots.

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 30 Aug 2019, 13:34

kerenite wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 13:19
AbyssiniaLady,

Any dumb can tell that our eri-afar ethnic group are marginalyzed by the mafia regime in eritrea same as others.

Having said that, I have great respect for their activists (the afar elites), they bluntly acknowledge that they ARE ERITREANS, they never ever mentioned that they belong to ethiopia or djibouti.

Hats off to them and they should remain patient same as their other eri-compatriots.

A la Agame,

May Allah bless your Tigray-Tigrigne delusion! :P

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 30 Aug 2019, 15:01

quindibu wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 13:34
kerenite wrote:

one thing is for sure Afar state would be reality and they will take both port and make Eritrean land locked .. that is for sure it is only a matter of time.. this can happened in many way one is when ISISIS AWREKI DEATH without passing it to his son.. second when TPLF removed ISISIS AWARKI by force this is the two major fact that seat the Afar free state.

sorry quindibu and kerenite it doesnt matter how much your Eritrean people love the Afar .. they cant stay with u and live in poverty for the rest of their life.. they want to use the port and make billion providing service for Ethiopia .. Eritrea also welcome as paying customer the free loading time is over

the Afar cant live in poverty while their kin in Djibouti live high life... Ethiopia will do everything in their power to seat the Afar free from Eritrean colonization... i want referendum for Afar just like the Eritrean got one .. all the lie about the Afar love Eritrea the vote for Eritrea dont cut it any more .. living under singpoor is below death

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 30 Aug 2019, 15:13

quindibu wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 13:34
kerenite wrote:
AbyssiniaLady,

A la Agame,

Kla suQ bel leHas maakor wedi medhin. Allah bless ayigberkum antum iray miray deQi torserawit who hardly know eritrea.

simbe11

Post by simbe11 » 30 Aug 2019, 15:17

When you start to think weakening your neighbors make you strong, that's when you start digging you own grave. Shabia though weak and landlocked Ethiopia will benefit Eritrea. Making Ethiopia dependent on Eritrea for it's trade and force it to pay higher service rates in addition to dumping Eritrean goods.
That calculation is proven wrong and we all witnessed the misery of the ER people. We don't need to do the same mistake. this tactic only serve extending the rule of dead regimes.
Weak and divided Eritrea in never good neither for the people of Eritrea nor Ethiopia.

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 30 Aug 2019, 15:36

simbe11 wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 15:17
When you start to think weakening your neighbors make you strong, that's when you start digging you own grave. Shabia though weak and landlocked Ethiopia will benefit Eritrea. Making Ethiopia dependent on Eritrea for it's trade and force it to pay higher service rates in addition to dumping Eritrean goods.
That calculation is proven wrong and we all witnessed the misery of the ER people. We don't need to do the same mistake. this tactic only serve extending the rule of dead regimes.
Weak and divided Eritrea in never good neither for the people of Eritrea nor Ethiopia.
Did I miss something here?🤔

The same people who didn't like the color of my eyes yesterday somehow are seeking my brotherhood, and begging me to open my heart and border for them today! I know your zero-sum mentality. Even with that, who depends on whom Eden? :P
BTW? Have you ever in your history survived without donated wheat? Shameless retard!

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 30 Aug 2019, 16:08

I don't think quinTirru has been informed that the word is out about his tyrannical Agame junta being cento per cento Agame lol :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Last edited by Awash on 31 Aug 2019, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 30 Aug 2019, 16:13

ይቋቋማል የተባለው የኦሮሚያ ኦርቶዶክስ ቤተ ክርሲትያን ሲሆን መግለጫ ይዘው ብቅ ያሉት የትግሬ ቄስ የሚያወሩት ስለ ኤትዮዽያ ኦርቶዶክስ ቤተ ክርሲትያን ነው። ሁለቱ የማይገናኙ ክስተቶች ናቸው።

Just like that of Eritrean, የትግራይ ኦርቶዶክስ ቤተ ክርሲትያን ሲመሰረት መግለጫ ለአማራዋ ኦርቶዶክስ ቤተ ክርሲትያን ማን ሊያነብ ነው?

Link:

Aurora

Post by Aurora » 30 Aug 2019, 16:24

Abby lady,

You don't want us to interfere in the ugly bantu affairs known as Somalia, do you ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zack

Post by Zack » 30 Aug 2019, 19:53

Afars can't have their state both Eritrea and Djibouti will not allow it and Ethiopia also oppress them as an ethnic group. Afars have it good in Djibouti and also Eritrea they have a huge territory. I think its wedi afom he doesn't favor his tigrinya over the others I don't believe this isias is the one and only patriotic dictator of our region may he live long.

Dr Zackovich

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 30 Aug 2019, 19:59

Zack wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 19:53
Afars can't have their state both Eritrea and Djibouti will not allow it and Ethiopia also oppress them as an ethnic group. Afars have it good in Djibouti and also Eritrea they have a huge territory. I think its wedi afom he doesn't favor his tigrinya over the others I don't believe this isias is the one and only patriotic dictator of our region may he live long.

Dr Zackovich
Dr. Z,
I don't think you're well informed about the subject matter. Where do you think the 15% who are no longer in Dankalia go? They went to refugee camps in Ethiopia.

https://hedgait.blogspot.com/2019/08/er ... 1ftPIk&m=1

Zack

Post by Zack » 30 Aug 2019, 20:43

Awashy I don't believe any of this how do we know these stats are real and tigrinya are land grabbing afars. I don't believe this. I think this is a bit fake. Show us other statistic and sources indeed dear lad.

Dr Zackovich

LeeVanCliff

Post by LeeVanCliff » 30 Aug 2019, 21:15

One thing noticed, in my stay in Eritrea, was the people in 4 corners hate Agame. I visited villages in Zoba Debub, in Gash Barks, Massawa, Ghundai...
All of them hate Agame. I was surprised and happy at the same time.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 30 Aug 2019, 21:29

Lebanaqulf,
If that is so, then your Agame junta is in big trouble. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: