Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Cartmann

Bogus Ashenda Festival and the gathering of MILFS

Post by Cartmann » 23 Aug 2019, 14:14

Girls fun gathering Asheda is presented as ‘cultural festival'. It is being organized at KILIL level with speeches from the administrator Debrepórno and attending dignitaries. Even the Ethiopian president went to Tigray to join the celebrations. She said it should be registered by UNESCO. Really? For invented bogus festival? But why all the fuse for the invented cultural festival? Ashenda has never been celebrated nationally as something special. It has always remained as common girls fun activity in this time of the year, the same as ‘Hoye’ for boys. Even all girls of one whole village do not gather to celebrate it. Girls sing now and then in groups and have fun with it. That is it. For example Oromos have Irrecha festival and other peoples of Ethiopia have other festivals, and Tigriyans go like- hey why not we create one of our own. It makes me cringe when it is depicted as festival for the gathering of ugly milfs and pensioners, and it is celebrated in stadium with concerts. The lonely Tigray diaspora milfs use it as a pretext and organize ‘Ashenda’ to eat, drink, gather and dance. Even they started greeting each other with ‘Happy Ashenda’ or ‘Enquan Le’ Ashenda Adereseh’. I do not know what he was smoking, but even the Ethiopian PM sent congratulatory message to the milfs ‘Ashenda celebration’. In short, the children are being robbed their fun activity and it is twisted and reengineered to fit to the needs of the ugly lonely milfs. Even false publications explaining ‘Ashenda’ are circulating to deceive foreigners. In recent years the shameless region is busy with deception before our eyes. In short, this is not the culture. Seeing women close to pension age doing Ashenda in Stadiums and concerts and in imaginary costumes and artificial hairstyles is cringe worthy. In Eritrea, it is maintained in our culture as it is supposed to be, which is female children having fun. I think this is the case in Amhara region as well. But Tigryans who are obsessed with uniqueness want to depict it as something unique and as if it belongs only to them. They gather thousands of women and milfs to give it a look of big cultural 'festival'. Recently Amhara TV showed their people celebrating Ashenda and it is driving Tigryans crazy. If Amharas go the ‘Tigray mode Ashenda’ and celebrate it in Meskel Square, I think we may see may Tigryans at the end of hanging ropes.

sesame
Member+

Re: Bogus Ashenda Festival and the gathering of MILFS

Post by sesame » 23 Aug 2019, 14:34

You have t o understand inferiority complex to understand why Tigrayans are now salivating about ashenda. They need something to soothe their ailing souls. The funniest thing is their cry for registering it with UNESCO. They don't seem to understand that every culture has its rituals. If they think UNESCO is going to register every cultural ritual, then they are showing their idiocy and desperation. They will have to show its significance in the TIGRAYAN COMMUNITY AND AS WE ALL KNOW, ASHENDA IS JUST ANOTHER hOYE hOYE. nOTHING SPECIAL.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 23 Aug 2019, 14:36

Every thing is beautiful in its own time

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 23 Aug 2019, 14:41

Degnet wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 14:36
Every thing is beautiful in its own time,I don't want to loose my happiness in this.Some thing that made me happy as a child.
Last edited by Degnet on 23 Aug 2019, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.

Aurora

Post by Aurora » 23 Aug 2019, 14:42

Cartmann,

I don't know a lot about the social and cultural activity called Ashenda. What little I know is, it is about teen-age girls having fun. Every culture around the world have some form of it. It is a celebration for girls ( virgin girls of the middle ages). It is not unique to Tigray. But, if they want to make a big deal out of it, so be it. We will celebrate our ፓጉሜን. :lol: Sorry, I had to go with ፓ. :lol:
Last edited by Aurora on 23 Aug 2019, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 23 Aug 2019, 14:45

Aurora wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 14:42
Cartmann,

I don't know a lot about the social and cultural activity called Agenda. What little I know is, it is about teen-age girls having fun. Every culture around the world have some form of it. It is a celebration for girls ( virgin girls of the middle ages). It is not unique to Tigray. But, if they want to make a big deal out of it, so be it. We will celebrate our ፓጉሜን. :lol:
Bezkone mengedi af Endertawot keatsewu alewow,fear of keeping the power in their hands.I am so happy zhzewo slezetefom I have to use the ze/kulu yetref laza Enderta adey and the beautiful rivers I knew as a child,Feleg Daero,paradise on earth in its time

Aurora

Post by Aurora » 23 Aug 2019, 15:03

Degnet,

You are a very proud man from Enderta. Your Enderta Laza is just another version of Tigrigna. It is not inferior or Superior to other forms of Tigrigna. You have American MidWest, Eastern and Southern versions of English. They are all equally celebrated since they all carry beautiful articulations of specific semi-cultures. Actually, I enjoy listening to Rayan Tigrigna. I don't understand it much, but it is fun.

Aurora

Post by Aurora » 23 Aug 2019, 15:03

Degnet,

You are a very proud man from Enderta. Your Enderta Laza is just another version of Tigrigna. It is not inferior or Superior to other forms of Tigrigna. You have American MidWest, Eastern and Southern versions of English. They are all equally celebrated since they all carry beautiful articulations of specific semi-cultures. Actually, I enjoy listening to Rayan Tigrigna. I don't understand it much, but it is fun.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 23 Aug 2019, 15:08

Aurora wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 15:03
Degnet,

You are right,the king languiage is Eritrean

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 23 Aug 2019, 15:17

Degnet wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 15:08
Aurora wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 15:03
Degnet,

You are right,the king language is Eritrean

Aurora

Post by Aurora » 23 Aug 2019, 15:57

This is what Ashenda should be, Eritrean style.

Gash

Post by Gash » 23 Aug 2019, 23:05

Cartmann wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 14:14
Girls fun gathering Asheda is presented as ‘cultural festival'. It is being organized at KILIL level with speeches from the administrator Debrepórno and attending dignitaries. Even the Ethiopian president went to Tigray to join the celebrations. She said it should be registered by UNESCO. Really? For invented bogus festival? But why all the fuse for the invented cultural festival? Ashenda has never been celebrated nationally as something special. It has always remained as common girls fun activity in this time of the year, the same as ‘Hoye’ for boys. Even all girls of one whole village do not gather to celebrate it. Girls sing now and then in groups and have fun with it. That is it. For example Oromos have Irrecha festival and other peoples of Ethiopia have other festivals, and Tigriyans go like- hey why not we create one of our own. It makes me cringe when it is depicted as festival for the gathering of ugly milfs and pensioners, and it is celebrated in stadium with concerts. The lonely Tigray diaspora milfs use it as a pretext and organize ‘Ashenda’ to eat, drink, gather and dance. Even they started greeting each other with ‘Happy Ashenda’ or ‘Enquan Le’ Ashenda Adereseh’. I do not know what he was smoking, but even the Ethiopian PM sent congratulatory message to the milfs ‘Ashenda celebration’. In short, the children are being robbed their fun activity and it is twisted and reengineered to fit to the needs of the ugly lonely milfs. Even false publications explaining ‘Ashenda’ are circulating to deceive foreigners. In recent years the shameless region is busy with deception before our eyes. In short, this is not the culture. Seeing women close to pension age doing Ashenda in Stadiums and concerts and in imaginary costumes and artificial hairstyles is cringe worthy. In Eritrea, it is maintained in our culture as it is supposed to be, which is female children having fun. I think this is the case in Amhara region as well. But Tigryans who are obsessed with uniqueness want to depict it as something unique and as if it belongs only to them. They gather thousands of women and milfs to give it a look of big cultural 'festival'. Recently Amhara TV showed their people celebrating Ashenda and it is driving Tigryans crazy. If Amharas go the ‘Tigray mode Ashenda’ and celebrate it in Meskel Square, I think we may see may Tigryans at the end of hanging ropes.
Thank you brother! You have said it all. It is as if you were reading my mind. The following video shows what the real Ashenda is and supposed to be. But the stupid Kilil Tigray leaders are diluting it to sooth their desperate state of mind. This is insane!

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 24 Aug 2019, 02:15

Cartmann wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 14:14
Brother Cartmann.
Even though i agree with you that the festival is not celebrating its intended purpose which was meant originally for Girls (12-17) to appear in public place and dance so that they will be noticed by their future husband or their parents. I will not dare to call it bogus. If it was bogus as you are claiming, why are Gurage and amhara claiming that they are the original owners of ashenda?

The product (ashenda) was There one way or another in different place in our region, but the product without marketing and Advertising was fading away and it was on its way to be declared as ancient or backward custom. Thanks to extensive advertise and kilil support, the event is becoming so popular to the extend Every one is claiming it as one of their own. which is Good any way.

Furthermore, in München, Bayern Germany, there is an event which falls on the month of october called octoberfest which its only purpose is to Drink Beer with huge cup, thanks to germans attachment to the festival though it attract big number of tourists from a broad.

In Kawasaki Japan, there is a bizarre festival called Kanamara Matsuri (pen1s venerating event) People carry a big and stiff statue of pen1s and run through The city. Even this event, Thanks to the city's citizens attachment to the festival, it also became a huge tourist attachment.

What i am trying to say is, we have a saying እንታኻ ካብ ገዛኻ. there are some customs and tradition which are fading away because the young generation who is supposed to practice it and pass the tourch to the next is stoping to practice them, because they are considered as backward and unmodern. But If the state give them enough attention and Advertising, the younger generation will not feel embarassed to practice them and pass them to the next.

Marc

Post by Marc » 24 Aug 2019, 02:26

Kese Acheda – reviving teens’ festival
https://www.press.et/english/?p=9799#

Sabur

Post by Sabur » 24 Aug 2019, 07:09

Aurora:

ዳዕሮ ቃውሎስ as for ዳዕሮ ጳውሎስ ::

which one now - ጓቑሜን : ጳቑሜን : ፓቑሜን ??

:-)

I will go with ጓቑሜን which most Eritreans can pronounce.

Aurora wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 14:42
Cartmann,

I don't know a lot about the social and cultural activity called Ashenda. What little I know is, it is about teen-age girls having fun. Every culture around the world have some form of it. It is a celebration for girls ( virgin girls of the middle ages). It is not unique to Tigray. But, if they want to make a big deal out of it, so be it. We will celebrate our ፓጉሜን. :lol: Sorry, I had to go with ፓ. :lol: