Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
AbebeB
Member+

@ለEthio 360 ጥያቄ: እናንተ ዝም ማለት ያልነበረባችሁ አማራ ክልል ኦሮሚኛ አላስተምርም ሲል ነበር፡፡ እናንተ (አማርኞች) በኦሮሚያ እየኖራችሁ ኦሮሚፋ የማትማሩበት ምክንያት ብትነገሩን?

Post by AbebeB » 22 Aug 2019, 19:13

የEthio 360 ጥያቄ ጋዜዎች እንደ በቀቀን ያንኑ የምትደጋግሙት አማርኞች መቼ ይሆን የምትማሩት እነደ ሚንሊክ አባት አርበኞች እዚያው እየረገጣችሁ ማቅራራት ብቻ ሆናችሁ እኮ!

Link፡

Dawi

Re: @ለEthio 360 ጥያቄ: እናንተ ዝም ማለት ያልነበረባችሁ አማራ ክልል ኦሮሚኛ አላስተምርም ሲል ነበር፡፡ እናንተ (አማርኞች) በኦሮሚያ እየኖራችሁ ኦሮሚፋ የማትማሩበት ምክንያት ብትነ

Post by Dawi » 23 Aug 2019, 00:39

አቤ:

አይ ጠባብነት!

በቁመታችሁ ማሰብ ብትችሉ የት በደረሳችሁ?

አብይን እየጎተታችሁ በመድፈቅ ዖሮሞ ሐገር መምራት የማይችል እንዲባል አደረሳችሁት፣

አይ ጎጠኞች!

ቤኒሻንጉል፣ ጋምቤላ፣ ደቡብ፣ አማራ፣ ሶማሌ፣ አፋር አማርኛን መግባቢያ አርገው እየሄዱ ነው፣

ዖሮምኛን በዚህ ዘመን በሞጋሳ ለመጫን መፈለግ ምን ይሉታል?

ባይሆን በቁመታችሁ በመተማመን ሌሎች በፍላጎት እንዲማሩት፣ የምርምር ሥራዎች በማቅረብ ማራኪ እንዲሆን ማግባባት፣

የአማርኛን ፊደል የዖሮሞኛ መፃፊያ አድርጎ አማራና ትግሬ ዖሮምኛ ሁለተኛ ቋንቋቸው እንዲያደርጉ መጋበዝ?

አገር መምራት ይሉሃል ያ ነው።
AbebeB wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 19:13
የEthio 360 ጥያቄ ጋዜዎች እንደ በቀቀን ያንኑ የምትደጋግሙት አማርኞች መቼ ይሆን የምትማሩት እነደ ሚንሊክ አባት አርበኞች እዚያው እየረገጣችሁ ማቅራራት ብቻ ሆናችሁ እኮ!

Link፡

AbebeB
Member+

Re: @ለEthio 360 ጥያቄ: እናንተ ዝም ማለት ያልነበረባችሁ አማራ ክልል ኦሮሚኛ አላስተምርም ሲል ነበር፡፡ እናንተ (አማርኞች) በኦሮሚያ እየኖራችሁ ኦሮሚፋ የማትማሩበት ምክንያት ብትነ

Post by AbebeB » 23 Aug 2019, 18:30

Dawi wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 00:39
አቤ:
አይ ጠባብነት!
አይ ጎጠኞች!
አገር መምራት ይሉሃል ያ ነው።
ደዌ
የተለጠፈውን ፍሬ ነገር ተከትለህ ሀሳብ እንደትሰጥ ነው የሚጠበቀው፤ ከብት!

[/quote]

beekkaa

Post by beekkaa » 23 Aug 2019, 19:20

Dawi
Oromos don't care what people like you think of them or don't care what Abiy thinks. They have a demand and that demand is to be free from colonization by Abyssinians and that demand will continue until it is met, there is no stopping them. Language was one of the tools the Abyssinians used to dehumanize our people and this change is long overdue. I will tell what else the Oromos need to do and that is start doing business with people who speak their language and I guarantee you when that happens the Habesha will start learning Affaan Oromo faster than Amharic. The Oromos should force the issue not just by demanding but by making it impossible not to do it. I guarantee you it will be done.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 24 Aug 2019, 00:03

beekkaa wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 19:20
Dawi
Oromos don't care what people like you think of them or don't care what Abiy thinks. They have a demand and that demand is to be free from colonization by Abyssinians and that demand will continue until it is met, there is no stopping them. Language was one of the tools the Abyssinians used to dehumanize our people and this change is long overdue. I will tell what else the Oromos need to do and that is start doing business with people who speak their language and I guarantee you when that happens the Habesha will start learning Affaan Oromo faster than Amharic. The Oromos should force the issue not just by demanding but by making it impossible not to do it. I guarantee you it will be done.
bee kaka,

It is not just you; all illiterate pastorals and subsistence farmers in Ethiopia are in the same predicament. What language you speak don't matter. In fact if you make the language a burden for business as you're attempting to do, your lot shall go down the drain.

Abebe and you are fluent in more than 3 languages therefore your chances of being in the top of the food chain in that forsaken place is high. You like to get rid of the competition of other ethnics. We understand what ever you're doing now is massage your "elite" missionary trained inferiority complex; nothing more.

Yes, being the head honchos of EPRDF makes you feel that you have the upper hand. So did TPLF once! So, now, most of the Federal budget is probably spent/wasted in your region. OPD is paying TPLF in kind. Some of you idiots are happy about that.

If anybody, it is the Amara & others that are screwed for now. They shall dig your grave; that is for sure.

beekkaa

Post by beekkaa » 24 Aug 2019, 14:00

Dawitheir
The people you call pastoralist illiterate are the ones who kept Oromo history and culture and we are very proud of their resistance despite the fact they were genocidally being murdered and now it is their chance to right the wrongs of history and the numbers are on their side. The Amharas can fight all they want the results can only get worse for them. Like it or not whole South is not going to stay silent either despite the fact they are being intimidated by nefteigna led Abiy government to drop their demand to be free and there are signs Abiy is not having it easy. The more repression the more anger it will create, and it is not hard to predict when that happens what the outcome will likely be.

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 24 Aug 2019, 14:40

Dawi wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 00:03
bee kaka,

It is not just you; all illiterate pastorals and subsistence farmers in Ethiopia are in the same predicament. What language you speak don't matter. In fact if you make the language a burden for business as you're attempting to do, your lot shall go down the drain.

Abebe and you are fluent in more than 3 languages therefore your chances of being in the top of the food chain in that forsaken place is high. You like to get rid of the competition of other ethnics. We understand what ever you're doing now is massage your "elite" missionary trained inferiority complex; nothing more.

Yes, being the head honchos of EPRDF makes you feel that you have the upper hand. So did TPLF once! So, now, most of the Federal budget is probably spent/wasted in your region. OPD is paying TPLF in kind. Some of you idiots are happy about that.

If anybody, it is the Amara & others that are screwed for now. They shall dig your grave; that is for sure.
ደዌ

ከስምህም እንደምንረዳው ከቆማጣ ጋር ትግል እኛን ዝቅ ያደርገናልና ሌላ አማራጭ ለመውሰድ እንገደዳለን፡፡ ሲኞርና ቻዎ ቻዎ እያላችሁ ቆማጦችን ወደ አማርኛ ሰፈር መሸኘት ነው ዘላቂ መፍትሔ፡፡
Go and get your dagussa bread and Gibto Areke.

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 24 Aug 2019, 15:28

Dawi wrote:
አቤ:

አይ ጠባብነት!

አይ ጎጠኞች!

አገር መምራት ይሉሃል ያ ነው።
AbebeB wrote:

Link፡
hmm... 8)

I am not a politician by any definition of the word but yet may I kindly ask if think that you think that leadership means demeaning and degrading yourself as a leader while empowering and upgrading the others and their undeserved sinful dirty egos?

Equality and justice for all is the fundamental issue here, whether historically and or in contemporary terms. Of course for the chest pumping extremist ethnocentric segment zealot amhara parrots it means exactly which it has always meant the same through out historical times. These fandiyya extremist liar zealots dare to call Oromos as extremists just to hide their long standing dirty chauvinistic arrogant extremist behaviors whereby they prefer learning English which is foreign while demeaning, degrading and rejecting to learn and teach the majority language that is to say Oromo language even while living among the egalitarian Oromos and enriching themselves with Oromo resources.

The more these extremists bark and foam trying to impose their ethnic language on others whether direct and or indirect them more it generate hate against the Amharic language. Knowing the historical role of the Amharic language versus the Oromo language and Oromo history If I were these pathological incurable liar amhara chauvinists I will stop the usual sterile self praising and self promotion striptease pole dancing show business but rather leave the issue to be contemplated and rationally decided by the egalitarian Oromos and their friends.

It is the same old story, saying, "what is mine is mine; as well as what is yours is also mine" Absolutely there nothing extremism in the whole wide world if people want to develop, learn and teach their mother tongues first and foremost to their children and grandchildren down the line so that families communities and country may be able to express their feelings, emotions, world views and common views. Oromos don't have any antipathy if others also develop their own mother tongues which is natural and help people to express themselves in their own mother tongues so that we may healthy, culturally and socially proficient and proud people. In addition to that people may learn lots of other languages as needed because languages expand our world views and comfort zones.
:P

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 24 Aug 2019, 16:06

beekkaa wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 14:00
Dawitheir
The people you call pastoralist illiterate are the ones who kept Oromo history and culture and we are very proud of their resistance despite the fact they were genocidally being murdered and now it is their chance to right the wrongs of history and the numbers are on their side. The Amharas can fight all they want the results can only get worse for them. Like it or not whole South is not going to stay silent either despite the fact they are being intimidated by nefteigna led Abiy government to drop their demand to be free and there are signs Abiy is not having it easy. The more repression the more anger it will create, and it is not hard to predict when that happens what the outcome will likely be.
beekkaa - Let us not pretend as if "we" are not on top today. OK? Don't listen to those who want to bring the change agents down.

OPD should be doing the opposite or reviving Mogassa at this juncture. Follow Dr. Abiy who is not only fluent in Amharic but, speaks Tigrigna and is very comfortable trying to speak other Ethiopian languages. That is what is going to dominatle the future!

Note what happened in Rwanda; being a majority by itself won't let you stay in power. Don't forget hundreds of thousands Oromos were routed out of Somalia State in a dime. Don't mess with silent Ethiopian majority, wake the sleeping lions to stand against what you wish to bring on them; another "Mogasa" that may have worked in the past but, not in the 21st century. Don't try to destroy what is already here now. Language that already has transcended several cultures is not a problem. What you need is enrich that and add some more.

Every Oromo should be fluent in Amharic from 1st grade on. It is a great idea! It is an advantage for the future generation that shall continue to lead the large country not to mention that being the tradition of Shoa Oromo as we know it.

I wouldn't even care if Amara/Tigre don't make Afan-Oromo another working language in their states, it is their loss but, all Oromo kids shall move and work anywhere in the nation to compete as professionals, leaders and any other jobs the nation is providing period. No matter what you say, it is to the advantage of every Oromo kid doing that. We have track record of that in the silent majority millions mixed Ethiopians.

The once who speak 3-4 languages are smarter, go across cultures and lead. The chauvinists want limitations but, can't do any thing about it.

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 24 Aug 2019, 16:08

sun wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 15:28
Dawi wrote:
አቤ:

አይ ጠባብነት!

አይ ጎጠኞች!

አገር መምራት ይሉሃል ያ ነው።
AbebeB wrote:

Link፡
hmm... 8)

I am not a politician by any definition of the word but yet may I kindly ask you if think that leadership means demeaning and degrading yourself as a leader in order to please undeserving and ungrateful sinister others while empowering and upgrading them and their undeserved sinful dirty egos? :P

Equality and justice for all is the fundamental issue here, whether historically and or in contemporary terms. Of course for the chest pumping extremist ethnocentric segment zealot amhara parrots all over the places it means exactly which it has always meant the same through out historical times.

These fandiyya extremist liar zealots dare to call Oromos as extremists repeatedely just like their hateful forefathers trying to hide their long standing dirty chauvinistic arrogant extremist behaviors whereby they in fact prefer learning English which is foreign language while demeaning, degrading and rejecting to learn and teach the majority egalitarian language, that is to say, beautiful Oromo language, even while living among the egalitarian Oromos and enriching themselves with Oromo resources and enjoying life, no question asked.

The more these extremists bark and foam offline and online trying to impose their ethnic language on others whether direct and or indirect means the more such situation generates hate against the Amharic language since it is being forced down the throat with brutal and arrogant dirty methods like always.

Knowing the historical role of the Amharic language versus the Oromo language and Oromo history If I were these pathological incurable liar self praising amhara chauvinists I will stop the usual sterile self praising and self promotion striptease pole dancing show business but rather leave the issue to be contemplated and rationally decided by the egalitarian Oromos and their friends depending on the pros and cons of the language itself.

It is the same old story, saying, "what is mine is mine; as well as what is yours is also mine". Absolutely there is nothing extremism in the whole wide world if people want to develop, learn and teach their mother tongues first and foremost to their children and grandchildren down the line so that families communities and country may be able to express their feelings, emotions, world views and common views. Oromos don't have any antipathy if others also develop their own mother tongues which is natural and help people to express themselves in their own mother tongues so that we may stay healthy, culturally and socially proficient and proud people. In addition to that people may learn lots of other languages too as needed because languages expand our world views and comfort zones.
:P
Last but not least, please don't touch my nice sunny smile because it is meant to melt the ice on your face. :lol:

EPRDF

Post by EPRDF » 24 Aug 2019, 16:20

ወንድሜ ኦቦ አበበቢ

ይህ አዲሱ ዐዋጅ አማርኛን ከመጀመሪያ ደረጃ ት/ቤት እስክ ሁለተኛ ከፍተኛ ደረጃ ት/ቤት እንደ አንድ የትምህርት ዓይነት እንዲካተት ያደረገው፣ ለሃገሪቷ ህዝቦች አንድ የመግባቢያ ቖንቖ እንዲኖራቸው የሚለውን መርህ ታሳቢ በማድረግ ይመስልኛል።

በመሰረቱ የኣማርኛ ቖንቖ ደግሞ በታሪክ አጋጣሚ ምክንያት በአብዛኝው የሐገሪቷ ክፍል ሕዝብ ለዘመናት ሲነገር የነበረ ቖንቖ ስለሆነ በዚያው ቢቀጥል ጥቅሙ ስለሚያመዝን ብዙሃኑን ተጠቃሚ ያደርጋል በሚል ሐሳብ ላይ በመመርኮዝ ሳይሆንም አይቀርም።

እንጂ ከዚያ ውጭ፣ የብሔር ብሔረስቦችን ቖንቖ ከኣፍ መፍቻነት ወይንም ከሥርዐተ ትምህርት ገበታ ውስጥ እንዲወገድ የሚል የሌሎችን ቖንቖ ህልውና የሚጋፋ ዐንቀፅ አላየሁበትም። ስለዚህ እኔ አንደ አንድ ግለሰብ በዚህ የትምህርት መርሐ ግብር ማሻሻያ ላይ ምንም ተቃውሞ የለኝም።

ይህንን ካልኩ ዘንድ፣ ወደ ፖለቲካው ምዕራፍ ተሻግረን በፖለቲካው መንፅር ጉዳዩን ስናየው፣ እንደ አንተና በኣብዛኛው አማርኛ ተናጋሪ ባልሆነ የሕብረተሰብ ክፍል የሚታየው ሥጋት፣ ያ የቀድሞው የኣንድን ቖንቖ የበላይነት(አማርኛን)የማስጠበቅ መርሓግብር ዳግም ሊጫንብን ነው ክሚል የመንጨ እንደሆነ ግልፅ ነው። ግን ያን አንድ ቖንቖ፣ አንድ ባህል፣ አንድ ሃይማኖት እና አንድ ሕዝብ የሚል መርህ ሲያራምድ የነበረው የትምክህተኛው ሥርዐት ደግሞ ሙቶ ከተቀበረ ብዙ አስርተ ዓመታትን አስቆጥረናል።

ስለዚህ የኣማርኛን ቖንቖ አሁን ለተለያዩ ቖንቖ ተናጋሪ የኢትዮጵያ ሕዝቦች እንደ መግባቢያ ቖንቖ፣ እንደ ድልድይ አንዲያገለግል ቢወሰድ እና፣ በዚያ በትምክህተኛው ክስረተ መቃብር ላይ ደግሞ እየሄድን በየጊዜው አንድ ሁለት ኮንቴይነር አፈር በገልባጭ መኪና እንዳይወጣ እላዩ ላይ መጨመር፣ አማረጭ የሌለው መፍትሔ ይመስለኛል።

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 24 Aug 2019, 17:00

sun wrote:
24 Aug 2019, 16:08
hmm...

I am not a politician by any definition of the word but yet may I kindly ask you if think that leadership means demeaning and degrading yourself as a leader in order to please undeserving and ungrateful sinister others while empowering and upgrading them and their undeserved sinful dirty egos?

Equality and justice for all is the fundamental issue here, whether historically and or in contemporary terms. Of course for the chest pumping extremist ethnocentric segment zealot amhara parrots all over the places it means exactly which it has always meant the same through out historical times.

These fandiyya extremist liar zealots dare to call Oromos as extremists repeatedely just like their hateful forefathers trying to hide their long standing dirty chauvinistic arrogant extremist behaviors whereby they in fact prefer learning English which is foreign language while demeaning, degrading and rejecting to learn and teach the majority egalitarian language, that is to say, beautiful Oromo language, even while living among the egalitarian Oromos and enriching themselves with Oromo resources and enjoying life, no question asked.

The more these extremists bark and foam offline and online trying to impose their ethnic language on others whether direct and or indirect means the more such situation generates hate against the Amharic language since it is being forced down the throat with brutal and arrogant dirty methods like always.

Knowing the historical role of the Amharic language versus the Oromo language and Oromo history If I were these pathological incurable liar self praising amhara chauvinists I will stop the usual sterile self praising and self promotion striptease pole dancing show business but rather leave the issue to be contemplated and rationally decided by the egalitarian Oromos and their friends depending on the pros and cons of the language itself.

It is the same old story, saying, "what is mine is mine; as well as what is yours is also mine". Absolutely there is nothing extremism in the whole wide world if people want to develop, learn and teach their mother tongues first and foremost to their children and grandchildren down the line so that families communities and country may be able to express their feelings, emotions, world views and common views. Oromos don't have any antipathy if others also develop their own mother tongues which is natural and help people to express themselves in their own mother tongues so that we may stay healthy, culturally and socially proficient and proud people. In addition to that people may learn lots of other languages too as needed because languages expand our world views and comfort zones.
Last but not least, please don't touch my nice sunny smile because it is meant to melt the ice on your face.
sun,

I maybe a little biased in the language situation but, don't equal my possibly defensive view with ordinary folks who spoke both languages fluently. The little educated Ethiopians who lived in present Oromo state spoke both languages fluently most of the time; it may be less in AA because of the population make up being from all over the place; Amharic is used more there & those who are born there end up spoke/speaking Amharic by enlarge but, grew up listening Afan-Oromo spoken around them. Both our parents spoke 2-3 languages. If they lived in "Harargie" probable 4-5; these are what you called our "hateful forefathers"; who you may not know very well IMO. I am not talking of those in power now but, reading even about HIM/Menelik and others, spoke Afan-Oromo. They officially used Amharic as it transcends all cultures in written and spoken.

If you think the known Oromo leaders of today are good, the old Ethiopian leaders were better, except, the old were probably more "just" in many ways than some of the ones today.

The ideal Ethiopians to me are the kinds of Dr. Abiy, Jawar, Prof. Ezkael and others who are fluent in 3-4 languages. Dr. Abiy has taken the responsibility of being a leader of the whole people and has stepped up to the plate. The others need to do the same.

"Standing for all!" motto by Oromo intellectuals won't hurt the growth of Oromo culture and language. The speed of growth is only the question? There is no need to push the throttle to the highest speed and impose "mogasa" on folks in this day and age as some contemplating to do. That is dangerous!

Creating harmony in the country as a whole and the needed jobs for Oromo & other youth all over the country has to be the order of the day.

Cheers!

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 25 Aug 2019, 11:18

Masud,
I am sorry that I decide to reserve my right to amend or oppose part of your opinion as stated here in the quotation.

All colonialist are not same relative to their subjects and how they undertake colonialism. Abyssinian colonialists came from most poor least developed nation and thus came with empty hand of technology. In stead they came with lice and leper disease of them to infect our society. Therefore, Abyssinia colonialists never be compared to Italian colonialists who conquer Ethiopian empire for five years and in the mean time made long lasting infrastructure which is now before our very eyes.

Accordingly, Italian colonialist would have made great things if would have been stayed little more. Consider Eritrea and Oromia. Eritrea is by far more civilized compared to Oromia consequent to their corresponding colonial regime. Because Oromia was subjugated by the most diseased, poor and savage Amhara kings and hence acquired leprosy from and descendants of Menelik, less civilization from his successors and in regime confusion because of lack civilized democratic administration for their is only kingship.

So we better understand them like this!