Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Masud
Member+

The Last Straw That Will Break Oromo's Back--Bye Bye Bro!

Post by Masud » 22 Aug 2019, 15:24

Abiy's Amharic Road Map says:

Abdi Rashid
21 hrs ·
ይህ ቀልድ መሆን አለበት
እንኳን ትምህርት ሚኒስቴር ቀርቶ
በፌዴራል ደረጃ የሉ ባለስልጣናትም ከክልሉ ቋንቋ ውጭ
አስገድደው የቀድሞውን የትምህርት አሰጣጥ በተግባር ላይ ልያውሉ አይችሉም
( ህልመኞችን ግን ሊያማልሉ ይችላሉ )

Please wait, video is loading...

Masud
Member+

Re: The Last Straw That Will Break Oromo's Back--Bye Bye Bro!

Post by Masud » 22 Aug 2019, 15:47

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 22 Aug 2019, 15:58

The "Last Straw" reminds me of the last man standing at OMN (Ato Janjoo Mohammad), I am not sure if even the likes of Izkiel Gabbissa and co. have not abondened him by now.

These two guys used to take orders from him, his soldiers (he was prepared to name himself General Commander of the Oromo Forces, whatever that force is, a while back, the so called Atlanta Congress comes to mind here).

Masud
Member+

Post by Masud » 22 Aug 2019, 16:01

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 22 Aug 2019, 16:16

Masud wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 15:24

Abiy's Amharic Road Map says:

Abdi Rashid
21 hrs ·
ይህ ቀልድ መሆን አለበት
እንኳን ትምህርት ሚኒስቴር ቀርቶ
በፌዴራል ደረጃ የሉ ባለስልጣናትም ከክልሉ ቋንቋ ውጭ
አስገድደው የቀድሞውን የትምህርት አሰጣጥ በተግባር ላይ ልያውሉ አይችሉም
( ህልመኞችን ግን ሊያማልሉ ይችላሉ )

Please wait, video is loading...
End enante aynet birek mender new gudatu

Masud
Member+

Post by Masud » 22 Aug 2019, 16:22

If he pushes hard to impose "his mother's tongue" , Oromo have no choice but to refuse blatantly.

Below are our icons and more will be created!

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 22 Aug 2019, 16:28

mussod

look what Dr. Abiy doing he is only hiring the Muslim oromo what say u...

gearhead
Member+

Post by gearhead » 22 Aug 2019, 20:47

Oromo have the largest number of seats in parliament, has its own region, a signifcant number of cabinet seats, the PM position, multiple-opposition parties. Please adress your issues through YOUR own INSTITUTIONS and stop bothering the public into an uprising for every issue that you have disagreement with.

Sick of a politics that can never mature out of a demonstration phase!

banebris2013

Post by banebris2013 » 22 Aug 2019, 22:10

DefendTheTruth wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 15:58
The "Last Straw" reminds me of the last man standing at OMN (Ato Janjoo Mohammad), I am not sure if even the likes of Izkiel Gabbissa and co. have not abondened him by now.

These two guys used to take orders from him, his soldiers (he was prepared to name himself General Commander of the Oromo Forces, whatever that force is, a while back, the so called Atlanta Congress comes to mind here).

Hi DefendThTruth,
I do not know who you are and what your contribution is during the dark days of oromo as a people, specially after 2005. Despite all the short coming of Jawar, i am one of those who believe Jawar has major contribution in what we have currently. What you say here is like those who claim OLF has no contribution what so ever. If you are really what your nick name is you have to be fair and balanced. Only those who do something will get criticized. To me your beef with jawar looks more personal than anything related to oromo.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 22 Aug 2019, 22:20

The last straw that is going to break you back is ignorance . Learning Amharic is not ignorance and learning Oromona is not ignorance that is going to break anybodies back. The more you learn a langue the more you going to open up a new opportunity. I support Amharas to learn both Amharic and Oromina . Then leave the ignorant people who think learning Amharic is going to break their back where they are in the dense forest of ignorance. Any way that is what the kind of people they want ignorant mob when told jump the only thing they inquire is how high. They have no right to tell private schools what they teach or not teach .

banebris2013

Post by banebris2013 » 22 Aug 2019, 22:58

TGAA wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 22:20
The last straw that is going to break you back is ignorance . Learning Amharic is not ignorance and learning Oromona is not ignorance that is going to break anybodies back. The more you learn a langue the more you going to open up a new opportunity. I support Amharas to learn both Amharic and Oromina . Then leave the ignorant people who think learning Amharic is going to break their back where they are in the dense forest of ignorance. Any way that is what the kind of people they want ignorant mob when told jump the only thing they inquire is how high. They have no right to tell private schools what they teach or not teach .
TGAA,
No one wants short cut to the past. The so called amhara elites installed a time bomb many years ago when they imposed amharic on non amharic speakers. At the same time an amhara who lived in oromia or walita for most of his life never bothered to learn Afaan oromo or walita languages, as he was convinced afan oromo or walitigna has no future. Apply this to sidama, tigre etc. The only losers from the amhara elites langauage bomb is amharas, as most are monolingual while the rest of Ethiopians are at least bilingual.
Short cuts to the past wrongs that lead to what we have today is not needed, if one wants a truly united Ethiopia that is just for all its citizens.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 23 Aug 2019, 00:36

can you take langue for what it is -- it is a medium of communication . In all countries there is a national langue which . service as a common language that facilitate communication . If the revers was true in that if Oromo langue served as a national langue I don't see any problem with that . what is needed is let the people who are knowledgeable about language sit and talk what the best way we can learn each others language then per their recommendation let us tackle the problem of language in multinational countries . I think it would be good if Amharas learn Oromona and Oromo learn Amharic all other nationality make their own a decision of the two which one they would like to learn.problem solved.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 23 Aug 2019, 00:41

banebris2013 wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 22:58
TGAA,
No one wants short cut to the past. The so called amhara elites installed a time bomb many years ago when they imposed amharic on non amharic speakers. At the same time an amhara who lived in oromia or walita for most of his life never bothered to learn Afaan oromo or walita languages, as he was convinced afan oromo or walitigna has no future. Apply this to sidama, tigre etc. The only losers from the amhara elites langauage bomb is amharas, as most are monolingual while the rest of Ethiopians are at least bilingual.
Short cuts to the past wrongs that lead to what we have today is not needed, if one wants a truly united Ethiopia that is just for all its citizens.
Where is the imposition? Students are learning Amharic, the number 1 spoken language by far in the country, alongside a language of their region. That allows them the ability to communicate and function both within the region and the rest of the country.

No one is making you learn only Amharic and taking away other language classes. If you or anyone wants to learn or speak any language, what would stop you from speaking it or teaching yourself and your children?

Setting aside the TPLF indoctrination, consider the context of today's Ethiopia job market which is getting competitive at a rate of 2-3 million additional people a year. Do you want kids coming out of Oromo region unable to compete with other Ethiopians or engage in commerce? How does knowing less improve their lot in life? You really think it's a virtue that most Amharas can only speak Amharic and maybe English?

If you want your own language to permeate the rest of society in the 21st century you can do a million things, like build cultural centers, fund scholarships for linguistic studies, produce art like music or movies. This is the way language gets more adopted by society. Not going around yelling for government to stop teaching the most widely spoken language that you already understand. Meanwhile newer generation stays ignorant and economically crippled.

And for all those out there who think going in this direction improves your odds of creating a future independent country, ignoring the impossibility of this day dream for a second, consider that maybe what you could use is an educated populace able to easily trade with your future neighbor countries, not one that stayed poor and hopelessly ignorant.

fasil1235

Post by fasil1235 » 23 Aug 2019, 01:51

Ethoash wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 16:28

mussod

look what Dr. Abiy doing he is only hiring the Muslim oromo what say u...
Dedebit Kombolcha is 70% Muslim 30% Orthodox they didnt hire muslims on purpose Kombolcha is also 99% Amhara you think they going to forget there amhara identity for galla? :lol:

I see alot of Amhara nationalists with muslim names must be wollo amharas. even Falasha now Bete Israel alot consider themselves amharic and only speak amharic :lol: Amhara nationalists range from all abrahamic faiths

banebris2013

Post by banebris2013 » 23 Aug 2019, 10:31

opmerc wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 00:41
banebris2013 wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 22:58
TGAA,
Where is the imposition? Students are learning Amharic, the number 1 spoken language by far in the country, alongside a language of their region. That allows them the ability to communicate and function both within the region and the rest of the country.

No one is making you learn only Amharic and taking away other language classes. If you or anyone wants to learn or speak any language, what would stop you from speaking it or teaching yourself and your children?

Setting aside the TPLF indoctrination, consider the context of today's Ethiopia job market which is getting competitive at a rate of 2-3 million additional people a year. Do you want kids coming out of Oromo region unable to compete with other Ethiopians or engage in commerce? How does knowing less improve their lot in life? You really think it's a virtue that most Amharas can only speak Amharic and maybe English?

If you want your own language to permeate the rest of society in the 21st century you can do a million things, like build cultural centers, fund scholarships for linguistic studies, produce art like music or movies. This is the way language gets more adopted by society. Not going around yelling for government to stop teaching the most widely spoken language that you already understand. Meanwhile newer generation stays ignorant and economically crippled.

And for all those out there who think going in this direction improves your odds of creating a future independent country, ignoring the impossibility of this day dream for a second, consider that maybe what you could use is an educated populace able to easily trade with your future neighbor countries, not one that stayed poor and hopelessly ignorant.
Hi Opmerc,
If you are implying that i am against kids learning amharic, you need to read what i wrote again. All i said was the so called amhara elites were fool enough not to learn any language other than amharic, hence losers compared to others like oromo, sidama, tigres etc. The statement "no short cut to the past" is just a reminder for those who thinks people has learn only amharic.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 23 Aug 2019, 11:37

banebris2013 wrote:
23 Aug 2019, 10:31
Hi Opmerc,
If you are implying that i am against kids learning amharic, you need to read what i wrote again. All i said was the so called amhara elites were fool enough not to learn any language other than amharic, hence losers compared to others like oromo, sidama, tigres etc. The statement "no short cut to the past" is just a reminder for those who thinks people has learn only amharic.
In that case, my apologies. It read like you were implying having to learn or understand Amharic is an imposition, which would be the furthest thing from the truth. Like many here have already pointed out, we could all benefit if we were made to learn not only our mother tongue but also at least 2 or 3 additional languages.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 23 Aug 2019, 15:29

banebris2013 wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 22:10
DefendTheTruth wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 15:58

Hi DefendThTruth,
I do not know who you are and what your contribution is during the dark days of oromo as a people, specially after 2005. Despite all the short coming of Jawar, i am one of those who believe Jawar has major contribution in what we have currently. What you say here is like those who claim OLF has no contribution what so ever. If you are really what your nick name is you have to be fair and balanced. Only those who do something will get criticized. To me your beef with jawar looks more personal than anything related to oromo.
banebris2013,

my contribution all along (perhaps including during the period you dubbed dark days) has been just talking, expressing my views. I think also that I am not alone in that, since many more, perhaps millions, have been doing the same thing, expressing their views in different forms. I do also recognise that some went an extra step and also throw stones and blocked roads. The range of the contribution you are talking here has been, if you are not part of the ruling party, from expressing one's views passively to also actively throw stones and block roads, thereby not without causing some degree of economic damage to the same people we were told their actions were to defend.

It is your right to believe that Jawar Mohammad has got major contribution something else.

Why do you think I am not faire and unbalanced? Did I claim anything that is untrue here? Or just speaking the truth may hurt sometimes? You are more than welcome to expose my false accusation against anybody, I am more than ready to learn from my weakness or outright wrong actions.

I don't know Janjoo mohammad personally to have some sort of "beef" with him and I don't think he is someone i would consider worth of worrying about him. He is in my view someone who is not clear about what he is doing or talking.

Perhaps he is someone who is ambitioned to see success before facing the challange, my hero is someone who would live upto see the challange and aspire to see success after that challange, like my hero in the following video said. I don't know this man too and I just saw two video clips of his public appearance and views, and I happened already to admire his views and he could be someone who could be my hero.