Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Sadacha Macca

Aaron Tesfaye on wolkait

Post by Sadacha Macca » 20 Aug 2019, 17:18

''A secondary objective for the division of regions was to ameliorate the demands of groups over real or imagine ''territorial'' territories.
The region of Tigray, for example, had previously lost two districts in the west (Wolkait and Tselempt) to the provinces of Gondar and Wollo as punitive measures following the 1943 Woyane Rebellion.
The areas were returned during the transitional period, and Tigray relinquished part of its eastern territories, and Afar was expanded to include most of eastern Wollo and parts of northeastern Shoa.
Other areas were readjusted as well. In the southern part of the country, ethnic regions were combined.''

[Political Power and Ethnic Federalism: The Struggle for Democracy in Ethiopia
By Aaron Tesfaye, page 12]

Ibidda

Re: Aaron Tesfaye on wolkait

Post by Ibidda » 20 Aug 2019, 19:11

As-salamu alaykum brother sadacha
i believe we are heading to civil war, and oromo must be smart not to take a side with habesha war. they will fight for a generation to come, these people will not stop until one of them destroyed. they are the evilest creature I've ever seen. taking side with evil only cost your soul. for Oromo, independence is the only way, but it's an extremely difficult task if we don't start heading toward that right now. ethiopia is collapsing, no matter how much weapons they have tigray will be destroyed. our best option is to work with somalian and secure a port.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Aug 2019, 00:31

Ibidda wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 19:11
As-salamu alaykum brother sadacha
i believe we are heading to civil war, and oromo must be smart not to take a side with habesha war. they will fight for a generation to come, these people will not stop until one of them destroyed. they are the evilest creature I've ever seen. taking side with evil only cost your soul. for Oromo, independence is the only way, but it's an extremely difficult task if we don't start heading toward that right now. ethiopia is collapsing, no matter how much weapons they have tigray will be destroyed. our best option is to work with somalian and secure a port.
Wa alaykum wasalam.
Well, civil war wouldn't be new to Ethiopia, but let's hope that it doesn't happen, for the sake of innocent civilians in Ethiopia.
I do agree on Oromo not getting involved in any problems between Amara and Tigray.
But I very much doubt that the Amara will invade Tigray. I believe they are aware that Tigray is armed to the teeth and can bite back hard.
And oromo elites see a strong tigray as a deterrent to Amara extremism.
But historically the issue of their disputed border, is interesting.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Aug 2019, 00:37

The only way I can see amara invading tigray is if they have a strong ally such as Eritrea.
Otherwise they most likely just use other means such as economic blockade. Not sure to what extent tigray has been effected by the amara blocking roads to their state.
But it has to hurt a little bit at the very least. But tplf honestly is rich with loot and has a very large paramilitary apparatus in tigray. 1 on 1 they can defend against most states that they border.
However a coordinated attack on them could be deadly indeed. Oromo should not involve in the fight anyways unless we are engaged by someone.
Since we're the majority we can let those who overwhelmingly want independence to go peacefully but those who wish to continue as federal Ethiopia should and can remain. But oromo should not push for it for ourselves since we're the center and backbone of Ethiopia.