Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

The Ghettoization of the Ethiopian society goes on unabated and at high level.

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 Aug 2019, 05:01

The Ethiopian beauty lies, among others, in its pluralistic culture and integrated social fabric, at least when seen from the grass-root level. The Ethiopian people didn’t know the ugly phenomenon of a ghetto, an idea that was used to be an alien to the fabric of our social makeup, at least until the ethnicization of Ethiopia for the sake of political expediency began to take a foot hold in the country before a couple of decades. Ethiopians used to share whatever they had or lacked equally among each other. Rich and poor shared the same neighborhood, no one had any legal right or other form of moral authority to create any exclusive club of any sort for just those deemed to be part of the groups of that someone’s associates.

Christians and Muslims used to attend the same ceremony of private person, like celebrating a party of happiness or observing a sorrow events in the society. We have even an excellent idiom in our culture which goes like ልጅ ከልጅ ብለዩ አመትም አይቆዩ. (if you discriminate amongst children, then you will never live for more than a year, literally).

You can come from any corner of the country and still join in the communal life and social engagement, be it at happiness or sorrow equally irrespective of who you are or where you are from. We used to live integrated into the common social life. We didn’t have the culture of inviting someone to our party looking after the ethnic, religious or any other social status of that person.

Today things have changed and the change is being superimposed from the political level on to the grass-root level. Ethiopians need to stand-up and say NO to the superimposition. We need to protect our beauty and social assets. Tell the half-cocked political cadres and the so called political activists of the day, including the political leaders themselves, that they will not succeed in dividing us and creating many different ghettos in our broad and bright social fabric that lasted for ages, and which is our beauty!

Dawi

Re: The Ghettoization of the Ethiopian society goes on unabated and at high level.

Post by Dawi » 15 Aug 2019, 06:33

Defend - let me give it a crack on the view you forwarded from the top of my head.

Yes politicians use the discourse of ethnic nationalism all the time in order to increase their own power.
However, the assumption is that ethnic nationalism isn’t necessarily bad because it can be a way for minority groups to protect a culture or language that would otherwise be swallowed up by the majority group. Oromo is not a minority.

So we didn't mind when TPLF started doing it 20 something years ago; where did that tolerence take us?

As you pointed out, we don't see improvement today from what we had the in the 90's. Things seem to have gotten worst.

More collaboration in music, culture of the different ethnic groups, as we had it during Derg era should have continued. The Tamagne generation of artists (Kinet) who were multilingual were doing excellent work. They were Ethiopian nationalists that should have been left alone doing what they were doing best. The replacement brought fragmented competition with a result of some "ghetto culture" but, few quality stuff.

Again more collaboration in music etc. while doing their own thing would have benefited all ethnic groups. Kind of a continuation of the past but, emphasis can change depending on the audience; meaning more songs played for the majority but, bring in nationally recognized/understood flavors of songs as well etc. We can't afford not to collaborate because we have limited budget.

I would argue that ethnic nationalism is certainly bad when it is used by a majority group in order to try to erase the language and culture of other minority groups. The Oromo of the "mogassa" persuasion may try to do that as we speak because they think it's good for us and the impact is going to be worst than what TPLF/EPRDF tried to do.

You may not agree but, I don't think there was Amara ethnic nationalism or domination in the past; that is why ABN looks strange to many of us today. It scares the hell out of others to the point of wanting to put a bunch of them to jail. For what? What have they done?

My thing is, ethnic nationalism among smaller groups is perfectly fine (except a TPLF led type who fkd it up! :P ) as they’re a minority protecting a culture that could otherwise be in danger of being wiped out. Tegrai wasn't in danger to be wiped out anyway; not only they're one of the fouders of Ethiopia, have same root in geez language with Amara; Amharic won in the rest of Ethiopia because it was easier to learn with their help as well; many of the best teachers of Amharic who came to Addis through churches were Tigreans; so why not the two allow the languages to merge and give the rest of us a break.

Having said that, from now on, when minorities come to power as TPLF did, they need to take it easy, should curve their own ethnic nationalism to the lowest level. Let us all be humble is my point. Talking about being humble, we thought TPLF saying EFFORT kegna! was bold however, OLF/ODP threw a bomb on us by saying AA kegna! LOL!

Bottom line, in globalization, we will all pick the best attributes from all groups anyway; so, let us not distress too much when we assimilate some.
DefendTheTruth wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 05:01
The Ethiopian beauty lies, among others, in its pluralistic culture and integrated social fabric, at least when seen from the grass-root level. The Ethiopian people didn’t know the ugly phenomenon of a ghetto, an idea that was used to be an alien to the fabric of our social makeup, at least until the ethnicization of Ethiopia for the sake of political expediency began to take a foot hold in the country before a couple of decades. Ethiopians used to share whatever they had or lacked equally among each other. Rich and poor shared the same neighborhood, no one had any legal right or other form of moral authority to create any exclusive club of any sort for just those deemed to be part of the groups of that someone’s associates.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Re: The Ghettoization of the Ethiopian society goes on unabated and at high level.

Post by Ethoash » 15 Aug 2019, 07:32

why only Amhara crying while all other love it...

Let, say i am oromo and invited 200 people to attend my party or weeding .. out of those 200 if 190 speak afan oromo and the rest ten dont speak afan oromia, now should all 200 oromo speak in Amharic even so those the ten r not directly involved in conversion .. the topper is those ten buda lived in oromia for the last 150 years and never learned the language...

i dont understand this is present as problem .. all i care is to eat the cake or the food i dont need any language to do that so why should i make it big deal in private people party..they have 100000% right what language they use they r not fed. government to provide u with translation service ... if buda Amhara are fast learning Arabic when they go to Arab land then they should learn afan oromia ..

this problem is only Amhara problem the rest of Ethiopia including oromo have no problem if they go to other region for trade they learn the language

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 Aug 2019, 09:50

Dawi,

They say "music is a universal language", perhaps not without a reason. So, assuming the saying has got a grain of truth in it, then there shouldn’t be a boundary nationally or internationally to a music and its scenery.

The video I shared in my message is reportedly from an inauguration ceremony of a music album by an Oromo singer named Galana Garomsa. He is a young talented vocalist in Afan Oromo music and his contribution to the Oromo music is a contribution to the cultural asset of Ethiopia as a whole, at least in my view. If this is the case, then the whole of contemporary Ethiopian artists should have been par-takers in all endeavors of promoting Ethiopian culture art and as collective owners of such an endeavor during their reign of the music industry.

As someone who is not much qualified to comment about music and its scene, I would argue the beauty of such a scene (inauguration of a music album) would have been also much more magnificent, had it have been attended first and foremost by actors of the music industry itself (without drawing any boundary of any form) before those in the political scene are invited to attend it. This is specially the case if we could see some faces from the music industry itself before seeing faces from the political scene and it may have given the purpose of the event a much different flavor and promote the artists works, which is the main goal here.

In my view and in the interest of the country’s future as a whole and its cohesion such practices shouldn’t be repeated, is my message here.

I can’t guess what Artist Tilahun Gesesse, Laurette Tsegaye Gebremedehin and many more in the country’s past art scene would have said, if they lived longer and witnessed such a scene on the assets that they have contributed immensely to bring it to what it is today.

So my message here is to stop politicizing everything, if you do, then you would only quicken your downfall, in my view and to the owners of the event.

Ethoash,

I think you have been an ardent supporter of the current system over a long time now and it seems to me that you remained faithful to your taste even after seeing the downward turn of the curve carrying it. What I feel you didn’t try to consider in all these is to ask yourself about: the failure of TPLF-led government was in trying to craft a politics first and then try the daunting task of bringing the reality on the ground in tandem with the pre-crafted politics instead of crafting the politics itself based on the reality on the ground, the more sensual procedure. As such I don’t think you have taken a note of your failure yet.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 15 Aug 2019, 14:02

DDT,

IN USA what language do u use when u have ESAT MEETING or Amhara festival no American force u to speak English because it might be two or one white American might not understand u...

The great Napoleon once said
Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself

so DDT go head make my day self detract.... shout it loud one nation one language let see how far u can go..

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 Aug 2019, 15:56

Ethoash wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 14:02
DDT,

IN USA what language do u use when u have ESAT MEETING or Amhara festival no American force u to speak English because it might be two or one white American might not understand u...

The great Napoleon once said
Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself

so DDT go head make my day self detract.... shout it loud one nation one language let see how far u can go..
Ethoash,

you used to call yourself a super intelligent forumer in here before couple of years, if I remember correctly.

Now I have this question for you: assuming what "ESAT Meeting", or any other entity for that matter, did is not correct (assuming that it was not inclusive and you disagreed with that) why would you try to justify their actions afterwards now by doing the same thing that you would like to accuse them for?

Zuriya timzez athed, be hesab seteshanef.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 15 Aug 2019, 16:16

DDT,

I THINK u misunderstood what inclusive means .. if i live in oromia for last 150 years and if i dont know afan oromia that is my problem ..

inclusive come in when Tigray, Amhara , oromo and Somalia have a meeting about Ethiopia then we have to use inclusive language that could be Amharic

but what i am saying is when Debretsion Gebremichael having local meeting where majority r golden he speak Golden language but if he try to address the whole Ethiopia then he speak Amharic

the question why would any Ethiopia ask why Debretsion Gebremichael speak in Golden in Golden city.. it is your problem to learn the language

if TWO TEAM PLAYING IN gOLDEN CITY THEN IT IS common sense to speak in Amharic or other common language that both understood

to me this is so simple i dont know even a question and threatened our peace and existence....

let say in your birth day or weeding u guys speak Amharic in your event .. or u speak English saying their might be two white American who u guys invited.. to me listen other language is part of my enjoyment and experience all i need is to say i need food.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 15 Aug 2019, 19:54

Almost two decades plus ago a foreign journalist asked Meles how the Ethiopian government was planning to increase access to internet to its citizens. I cannot quote the prime minister verbally. I am paraphrasing what he said. We are working on it. Ethiopia will be where internet use is common within a few years. It has not happened as he said it would.
But cloud computing is different. I could say almost all Ethiopian businesses do not have the capital to invest in IT structure. By just using cloud computing, paying only for the services they need, they might boost their business while satisfying the consumers need in time. Still I am not saying the Meles prediction will turn out to be true several decades from today. As for cloud computing I have a different expectation.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 17 Aug 2019, 19:55

Ethoash wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 16:16
DDT,

I THINK u misunderstood what inclusive means .. if i live in oromia for last 150 years and if i dont know afan oromia that is my problem ..

inclusive come in when Tigray, Amhara , oromo and Somalia have a meeting about Ethiopia then we have to use inclusive language that could be Amharic

but what i am saying is when Debretsion Gebremichael having local meeting where majority r golden he speak Golden language but if he try to address the whole Ethiopia then he speak Amharic

the question why would any Ethiopia ask why Debretsion Gebremichael speak in Golden in Golden city.. it is your problem to learn the language

if TWO TEAM PLAYING IN gOLDEN CITY THEN IT IS common sense to speak in Amharic or other common language that both understood

to me this is so simple i dont know even a question and threatened our peace and existence....

let say in your birth day or weeding u guys speak Amharic in your event .. or u speak English saying their might be two white American who u guys invited.. to me listen other language is part of my enjoyment and experience all i need is to say i need food.
Ethoash,

There is the domain of the anecdotes and then there is the domain of the general public that makes the nation of the country. I do not know at this point how many Kebeles are on the ground in Ethiopia today. Yet, I can imagine that in each one of them, there are countless daily communications between the general public for various reasons. I can also imagine the possibility that the residents of each Kebele can easily identify with the rich Amharic idiom that DefendTheTruth provided, including with its correct translation in the local language spoken in that Kebele. I can further imagine that other rich idioms exist in every language in the country that the Amharic speakers can identify with easily.

When you make your anecdotal observation and/or communications, instead of the age-old practice of the general public, drive public policy, you make a serious lapse of judgment. If I understood it correctly, that is the point that DefendTheTruth has already made. Evidently, you pose as self-righteous to think that the thought processes of others could be self-destructive whereas yours is immune from it.

Can you at least for a moment put down your anecdotal domain and enter the domain of the general public and tell if there existed any Kebele in Ethiopia that failed to identify with this rich idiom? If you fail to provide one, can you see the seriousness of your lapse of judgment?

DenendTheTruth,

Thank you for providing this reach idiom. Imagine if something along the same line, such as to discriminate a child from another is an invitation for a disaster was posted in every classroom of segregated schools and every school-age child read it early on in life. I can imagine how much it could be impactful in realizing the vision of a great society that some wished to see.

I wish there was a compilation of these kinds of idioms from every language in Ethiopia; I am not sure if one exists. I think that kind of compilation would potentially tell flickers of our society's age-old civility.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 17 Aug 2019, 23:44

Ato Tuna,
ልጅ ከልጅ ብለዩ አመትም አይቆዩ. (if you discriminate amongst children, then you will never live for more than a year, literally).
first understand what the idiom saying it doesnt say make both the kids Amhara or oromo it only say treat them equal .. the ground rule is if both kids in oromia and enjoying oromia both must speak afan oromia regardless of their ethnic and they will be treated equally.. now if the weeding is in Amhara region they will be speaking Afan Amhara and they will be treated equally

otherwise u cant treat them equally if u have no ground rule.. for example let say they r in oromia and one speak Afan oromia and one speak Amharic so what r u saying make both speak Amharic to be seen you r treating them equally how about the other kids doesnt know Amharic are u going to switch on and off with two language or u make the other kid learn Afan oromia and solved the problem ... now we r not talking about Amhara visiting to oromia and going tomorrow we r talking about a kid his family lived in oromia for 150 years ... u dont provide him with translation guess one with in few month the kid will pick up oromia if u provided him with translators he will never learn .. so let me give u another wise idiom since u love idiom Tough love enough said..

it is amazing like river when one idiot goes another idiot replace his spot ..

teaching u is my burden .

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 19 Aug 2019, 14:21

Ethoash wrote:
17 Aug 2019, 23:44
Ato Tuna,
ልጅ ከልጅ ብለዩ አመትም አይቆዩ. (if you discriminate amongst children, then you will never live for more than a year, literally).
first understand what the idiom saying it doesnt say make both the kids Amhara or oromo it only say treat them equal .. the ground rule is if both kids in oromia and enjoying oromia both must speak afan oromia regardless of their ethnic and they will be treated equally.. now if the weeding is in Amhara region they will be speaking Afan Amhara and they will be treated equally

otherwise u cant treat them equally if u have no ground rule.. for example let say they r in oromia and one speak Afan oromia and one speak Amharic so what r u saying make both speak Amharic to be seen you r treating them equally how about the other kids doesnt know Amharic are u going to switch on and off with two language or u make the other kid learn Afan oromia and solved the problem ... now we r not talking about Amhara visiting to oromia and going tomorrow we r talking about a kid his family lived in oromia for 150 years ... u dont provide him with translation guess one with in few month the kid will pick up oromia if u provided him with translators he will never learn .. so let me give u another wise idiom since u love idiom Tough love enough said..

it is amazing like river when one idiot goes another idiot replace his spot ..

teaching u is my burden .
Assuming for a moment that your bonehead is able to teach, and remembering that it drove you crazy on this forum to admit that the Borana fathered the Oromo, and knowing that even after your painful admission, you still prefer to identify with the son while the more culturally advanced father is still alive, I don't think that the bigger and harmonious Ethiopia should choose the son over the father. You have tried your best to lecture families who happily took their kids to both ሀመቺሳ and ክርስትና, which you might think are just 150 years old, according to your cadre manual. Then again, your bonehead has been unable or refuses to define the identities that you pose to defend in a harmonious Ethiopia. And you still talk in terms of anecdotes instead of the practice of the general public in harmonious Ethiopia.
Last edited by Naga Tuma on 19 Aug 2019, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 19 Aug 2019, 14:39

i call u tuna long before u show u start to smell from head down

harmonious Ethiopia. doesnt mean everyone speak Amharic .. i suggest to u go to HARAR it change my outlook it will do majic for u.. people in Harar speak four or even more language .. to me that is harmonious Ethiopia. not your idiotic think the kid who went to oromo weeding should get translator for what he is a kid he should pick up the language faster the the old dog .. leave the kid to learn new language ...the kid also must learn it is not always about him .. he should same time give up little to get little the kid also must learn how to tolerate hearing other language

in NY OR TX if u speak your language no body make fun of you any body have the right to speak their language... try this in taxi they will tell u to speak in Amhric even so it is not their businessmen .. if u wear black from top to bottom they will tell black is የሀዝን ልብስ ነው። what the hell is my business how in hell they know i am Amhara like them .. they dont care they doll their noise where it doesnt belong...

anyhow i still love u and have a great respect for u... but like always teaching is my burden ... have a great life.. the oromo movement is unstoppable

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 19 Aug 2019, 15:33

Ethoash wrote:
19 Aug 2019, 14:39
i call u tuna long before u show u start to smell from head down

harmonious Ethiopia. doesnt mean everyone speak Amharic .. i suggest to u go to HARAR it change my outlook it will do majic for u.. people in Harar speak four or even more language .. to me that is harmonious Ethiopia. not your idiotic think the kid who went to oromo weeding should get translator for what he is a kid he should pick up the language faster the the old dog .. leave the kid to learn new language ...the kid also must learn it is not always about him .. he should same time give up little to get little the kid also must learn how to tolerate hearing other language

in NY OR TX if u speak your language no body make fun of you any body have the right to speak their language... try this in taxi they will tell u to speak in Amhric even so it is not their businessmen .. if u wear black from top to bottom they will tell black is የሀዝን ልብስ ነው። what the hell is my business how in hell they know i am Amhara like them .. they dont care they doll their noise where it doesnt belong...

anyhow i still love u and have a great respect for u... but like always teaching is my burden ... have a great life.. the oromo movement is unstoppable
I have had my debates with you on this forum for a long time on various topics and you are one of those who have the audacity to deny irrefutable facts when those facts don't suit them. Therein lies my threshold for describing a faculty. I care much less whatever description that faculty comes up with. It is not personal, the facts are the meeting ground. I don't hate. I don't hate you.

The talk of the street smarts is far from the talk of 85 percent population of harmonious Ethiopia that lives in its countryside. They live tilling the land, calling ደቦ, inviting for weddings, reaching out for one another during funerals, and so on. Only now you are making the culture in Harar distinct from your anecdotal encounters. This is what I asked you to do earlier when I brought to your attention about going to each Kebele in Ethiopia instead of talking about your anecdotal encounters in your city life.

Just because some street smarts made fun of you or you lacked self-defense when they did that, it shouldn't make your bitterness based on anecdotal encounters drive a national public policy by breaking down those age-old cultural values.

I have one real story out of a few from which you can learn something. My older brother and I were once walking in the middle of Addis Ababa for a family visit when we were young. Some street smarts behind us started to make a little fun of us, probably thinking that we couldn't speak Amharic. The moment they started to open their mouths, my older brother turned back and took a quick glance at the kids. One of the street kids asked, word for word: ምነዉ ኣየሀኝ? My brother's quick answer in a perfect Amharic, word for word, was ደስ ስለኣልከኝ ነዉ። The kids literally started running away from us immediately. We laughed and continued our walking. That was the end of this little story.

Do I bring such kinds of silly anecdotes to a national conversation? Not at all.

Is the Ethiopian Renaissance stoppable as you see it within your smaller ጎጆ instead of the bigger harmonious Ethiopian ኣዳራሽ?
Last edited by Naga Tuma on 19 Aug 2019, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 19 Aug 2019, 15:46

Doctor tuna

you missing the point.. when the Amhara make fun of you they have government machinery behind them .. in Golden time from 1991 up to 2018 IF ONE Tigray make fun of you they have the government machinery behind them .. the kid who insulted u no body is behind him may be his father or brother that all...

in USA WHEN KID CALL elder black person boy.. the elder black person have no power to answer back .. the same way...in olden time the Amhar donation was behind the machinery today the oromo speak their language without ፍርሀት.

under Golden time they Amhara have no recourse when they were called ነፍጠኛ፤ የድሮ ግዜ ናፋቂ፤ ጠባብ፤ ትምክተኛ፤ የሚኒሊክ ስፋሪዎች እና የመሳስሉት ቢጠሩ ምንም ማረግ አይችሉም እንደ ሰው ስደብኝ ብለው ከሚልዬን ጋራ ተደባደበው አይዘልቁትምና ግዜ እስከሚያውጣቸው ጠበቁ ።

ታድያ የኦሮሞውም ጉዳይ ይሄነው አንድ ስው ብቻ እኮ አይደለም መጤ መኖንህን የሚነግርህ ኦሮምኛ ካወራህ ጠባብ ይልሀል። በአማርኛ ተናገር ይልሀል ከስንቱ ትጣላለህ። ዝም ብለህ ካወራህ እሱ ጎስኛ ነው ተብለህ ተገለላለህ ጎደኛም ታትጣለህ።

ይህንን ሁሉ ስብረው የውጡ አደሬዎች ብቻ ናቸው ደንታም አይስጣቸውም ቋንቋቸውን ጎድኛቸውን ሲያገኙ ይናገራሉ። እነዚህ አማሮች እኮ እውነት ኦሮምኛ የሆነ የተስባበረ ቋንቋ የምታወራ ጆሮ የሚቆርጥ አርገው እኮ ነበር የሚያዩት ስለዚህ አንተ ደግሞ ጎመን በጤና ብለህ አትናገርም በዚያው አዲስ አበባ አማርኛ ተናጋሪ ሆና ቀረች። ይህ ብቻ አይደለም ሄድ ናዝሬት። አስላ ሻሽመኔ እና ፤ሌሎችም ከተሞች በትሄድ አማርኛ ልክ እንደእምቦጭ አረም ሌሎቹን በማጥፋት እራሱን ያነግሳል። ግን ሐረር ሄድ አምስት ቢያንስ አራት ቋንቋ ይነገራል ብዙዎችም ያወሩታል ሁሉም ቋንቋዎች ተከባበረው ያደጉበት ቦታ ነው። ታድያ ይህ ካለ እውነት አዲስ አበባ የኢትዬዽያኖች ከተማ ከሆን ለምን አማርኛ ዶመኔት አረገ።

አሁንም እንኳን ማንኛውም ሾ ቲቪ ተመልከት በአማርኛ ተናገሩ እንግሊዘኛ አትቀላቅሉ ይሉሀል። እንግሊዘኛ ልመዱ እንደማለት ፤ እንግሊዘኛ የማያውቅ ሰው ልኖር ይችላል ትክክል ግን ቪኦኤ አማርኛ ክፍሉ እንኳን እንግሊዘኛ አትቀላቅሉ ይሉሀል አሜሪካኖች አማርኛ አትቀላቅሉብን ብለው የአማርኛን ፕሮግራም ቢዘጉት ስ ። ወንደም በግዜ እንግሊዘኛ ማውቁ ይሻላል ።በፈጣን ሁኔት ተናግሮ ለማስረዳት እንግሊዘኛ መቅላቀል ግድ ይላል። i am not saying mixing English the right thing i am just telling u their attitude... this kind of attitude when u r talking with your buddy with your language they will come and tell u to speak Amharic .. mind u not only one or two person but the whole groups of people ..
Last edited by Ethoash on 19 Aug 2019, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 19 Aug 2019, 15:59

Ethoash wrote:
19 Aug 2019, 15:46
Doctor tuna

you missing the point.. when the Amhara make fun of you they have government machinery behind them .. in Golden time from 1991 up to 2018 IF ONE Tigray make fun of you they have the government machinery behind them .. the kid who insulted u no body is behind him may be his father or brother that all...

in USA WHEN KID CALL elder black person boy.. the elder black person have no power to answer back .. the same way...in olden time the Amhar donation was behind the machinery today the oromo speak their language without xx
Don't act as if you have been living in a world where Christianity never existed. It is not a machinery. It is a faith establishment many accepted willingly a long time ago, and many continued to accept its variant belatedly. It wasn't a long time ago that the late comers started to ostracize others and the culture from which they came. It has led to the idea of Ethiopian Renaissance. I don't know if that includes you and you are the new actor in the era of Ethiopian Renaissance. Also don't act as if all the Kebeles in Ethiopia started to speak all of a sudden a specific language in 1991 and invented ሀመቺሳ after that. You are shallow.

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 19 Aug 2019, 18:39

DefendTheTruth wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 05:01

Christians and Muslims used to attend the same ceremony of private person, like celebrating a party of happiness or observing a sorrow events in the society. We have even an excellent idiom in our culture which goes like ልጅ ከልጅ ብለዩ አመትም አይቆዩ. (if you discriminate amongst children, then you will never live for more than a year, literally).

You can come from any corner of the country and still join in the communal life and social engagement, be it at happiness or sorrow equally irrespective of who you are or where you are from. We used to live integrated into the common social life. We didn’t have the culture of inviting someone to our party looking after the ethnic, religious or any other social status of that person.

Today things have changed and the change is being superimposed from the political level on to the grass-root level. Ethiopians need to stand-up and say NO to the superimposition. We need to protect our beauty and social assets. Tell the half-cocked political cadres and the so called political activists of the day, including the political leaders themselves, that they will not succeed in dividing us and creating many different ghettos in our broad and bright social fabric that lasted for ages, and which is our beauty!

Ato DefendTheTruth,

Really? 8)

That amounts to total ignorance and bullsh!t talk because every individual and every community can have the right to celebrate own cultural and social values 100% as well as accepting, nurturing celebrating other different community's rightful cultural and social celebrations no question asked.

To jump high and criticize and trying to prevent others from celebrating their beautiful cultural and social capitals amounts to Adolf Hitler's cheap propaganda ranting. Cultural and social based celebrations take place at multiple levels in multiple variations even within the same communities and that only enriches the lives and livings of the communities, regions and whole country. If you don't like it just go to sleep in your bed with thick blanket over your head, so that you may not be affected by the nice, dynamic, changing and living diverse social and cultural activities
. Maferiya! :P

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 20 Aug 2019, 07:36

Doctor tuna

in what language should i tell u.. your old Ethiopia is dead.. we r building new Ethiopia and everyone have a new deal. talking about the post doesnt cut we r not based your deal in the past .. who own who . now we wrote a new chapter a new deal.. when Golden army come to Addis Ababa ur old Ethiopia died when u surrendered for the golden army..

i give u an example South Africa was ruled by apartheid, This Apartheid is dead in 1991 when the Black got their freedom. talking about Apartheid is just foolish because it is dead... in short we dont care who come first or second.. everyone will get a new deal that is what happened under the sun king called Meles. peace up on him.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 20 Aug 2019, 13:24

sun wrote:
19 Aug 2019, 18:39

Ato DefendTheTruth,

Really? 8)

That amounts to total ignorance and bullsh!t talk because every individual and every community can have the right to celebrate own cultural and social values 100% as well as accepting, nurturing celebrating other different community's rightful cultural and social celebrations no question asked.

To jump high and criticize and trying to prevent others from celebrating their beautiful cultural and social capitals amounts to Adolf Hitler's cheap propaganda ranting. Cultural and social based celebrations take place at multiple levels in multiple variations even within the same communities and that only enriches the lives and livings of the communities, regions and whole country. If you don't like it just go to sleep in your bed with thick blanket over your head, so that you may not be affected by the nice, dynamic, changing and living diverse social and cultural activities
. Maferiya! :P
Ante Donqoro,

I wanted to ignore you first but after stumbling myself on the following video today decided to hammer your stonehead with it. But I know that it is a very resistant head, on which nothing can percolate into.

This is our culture and that is our national value, which is sharing and coming together.

The young Ethiopian girl said in the video "Ethiopian food is about community and eating together", and that is my value, not your lie manufacturing at every level.

Music is an international culture, a universal language and not a cultural or social value of a given specific community.

If you are talented, then the sky is the limit, it is not something you do in the enclaves of your local community, specially if you wanted to grow and reach something in the field in the future. If you are a tool of political indoctrination, then go ahead and make yourself a tool for the rest of your life.

If Galana Garomsa is willing to advance his musical career, then he should have invited the senior actors in the musical field of the country and solicited their critical assessment of his work. It would have been more valueable for him than inviting political figures of certain club to the public debut of his music.

And it is you who is a mafaria, not me.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 20 Aug 2019, 14:21

Ethoash wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 07:36
Doctor tuna

in what language should i tell u.. your old Ethiopia is dead.. we r building new Ethiopia and everyone have a new deal. talking about the post doesnt cut we r not based your deal in the past .. who own who . now we wrote a new chapter a new deal.. when Golden army come to Addis Ababa ur old Ethiopia died when u surrendered for the golden army..

i give u an example South Africa was ruled by apartheid, This Apartheid is dead in 1991 when the Black got their freedom. talking about Apartheid is just foolish because it is dead... in short we dont care who come first or second.. everyone will get a new deal that is what happened under the sun king called Meles. peace up on him.
Why do you look for another language when you evidently do not understand the language that the late Meles Zenawi spoke during his Millennium speech instead of in 1991? He departed after publicly saying Ethiopian Renaissance. I wish he was alive today for me to talk to him directly in that language instead of to some of his automatons that don't understand what he said years after he said it. I was most shocked by his early departure because when I took on him, I only wished to see a correction of the trajectory or his resignation if he were unable to do so. He spoke a better English than your village professor.

I am positive that his faculty would understand if I told him that progress is not a segment with points A and B, which is the way you think about it. It is a trajectory into infinity and Ethiopia is a continuity in it. Even your unmatched intelligent has finally learned to say 3,000 years even though you are yet to tell us in how many segments you understand what your unmatched intelligent now understands. Would your faculty be happy if your idol and his critic eventually spoke the same language about progress in general and Ethiopian Renissance in particular? I dount it. Its inability and fallacy show when you are arguing with me about Ethiopian Renaissance.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 20 Aug 2019, 14:36

sun wrote:
19 Aug 2019, 18:39
sun,

Defending a culture or cultures is noble. Trying to defend it without understanding it or preaching to abandon it or sitting idly by when that was being done is ignoble. Just because you can write grammatically correct statements doesn't mean you have a conceptually correct imagination. It wasn't too long ago when our communities were preached to to abandon their cultures እኮ. It is the resistance to that kind of blind preaching that has now led to the idea of የኢትዮጵያ ህዳሴ እኮ.