Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
eden
Member+

Mequelle is so unique there is an open black market

Post by eden » 05 Aug 2019, 23:50

I was so shocked to see Nakfa, Birr and Dollar exchange in 'Bazzar' which is situated in the middle of the city.

I saw Sebhat Nega the TPLF Big wig driving a range rover and I was do perplexed I'm still not sure if I should believe my eyes. A local told me it wouldn't be a surprise to pass by Tigray makers and breakers such as Aboy Sebhat.

Does anyone know of a "black" market anywhere in the world where they sell foreign currencies in the open like beles or any other fruits/ veggies?

Friends took me to Geza Gerlase, famous place for meat eating, raw or well done. There was a show where an 85 year old artist who look like 39 performed. The artist did a push up at the end of his performance which garnered him huge applause. I suspected it was political and I confirmed it was. The artist received roaring applause as he symbolized Tigray defiance against the central government.

In my stay there, I witnessed check points as you come in and out of the City. I hated the process but the locals believed it was necessary to ensure safety.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Re: Mequelle is so unique there is an open black market

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 06 Aug 2019, 00:08

What else, eden???

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 06 Aug 2019, 04:59

eden wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 23:50
I was so shocked to see Nakfa, Birr and Dollar exchange in 'Bazzar' which is situated in the middle of the city.

I saw Sebhat Nega the TPLF Big wig driving a range rover and I was do perplexed I'm still not sure if I should believe my eyes. A local told me it wouldn't be a surprise to pass by Tigray makers and breakers such as Aboy Sebhat.

Does anyone know of a "black" market anywhere in the world where they sell foreign currencies in the open like beles or any other fruits/ veggies?

Friends took me to Geza Gerlase, famous place for meat eating, raw or well done. There was a show where an 85 year old artist who look like 39 performed. The artist did a push up at the end of his performance which garnered him huge applause. I suspected it was political and I confirmed it was. The artist received roaring applause as he symbolized Tigray defiance against the central government.

In my stay there, I witnessed check points as you come in and out of the City. I hated the process but the locals believed it was necessary to ensure safety.
It is a true report.It is very sad,as a Christian I dislike it.I simply dislike them,look at this mad man.These barbars.Seb kab adu wetsieu terifu.Ezom akelabat degefti mengisti Eritrea dema abeziy ena metsu weh weh yebelu alewu
Last edited by Degnet on 06 Aug 2019, 05:21, edited 1 time in total.

justo

Post by justo » 06 Aug 2019, 05:17

eden wrote:
The artist did a push up at the end of his performance which garnered him huge applause. I suspected it was political and I confirmed it was. The artist received roaring applause as he symbolized Tigray defiance against the central government.
Resistance ኣያዋጣም እጅ መስጠት ነበር የሚያዋጣው።

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 06 Aug 2019, 07:12

Eden, the word “ resistance” caught my attention. You stated the resistance has been against the federal government . But according to Ethiopian politics TPLF is part of the federal government.
It is more appropriate, Eden, to say the resistance has been against Abiy and those who gathered around him. I am not sure the resistors consider the Abiy led government the federal government. In the definition of TPLF the federal government of Ethiopia is one led by TPLF or some other party and person controlled by TPLF.
But I have a feeling the resistance is losing steam. Now, I hardly imagine TPLF be able to call upon a resistance demonstration like it staged almost a year ago.
A year from now it might be difficult, I think, to live with the spirit of resistance, let alone doing push up for it. It is a matter of time, Eden.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 06 Aug 2019, 07:36

eden wrote:

all Western country have "black" market .. they call it free market .. u can sale your dollar at any place u want what do u think western union means .. if someone want to buy ur dollar above bank price it is not a crime.. in fact this is very good economy means to keep the bank in check .. otherwise they just lower your exchange if they have monopoly private market or black market regulate the bank rate... the bank cant just lower the exchange because the black market will kill them by giving the market value ... only idiot think he is exchanging his own money in black market .. what is the business of government to tell u to change your money in bank...only and give u the lowest exchange rate..

by the way this include all Arab country u can buy and sale dollar in open market.. open market had happened under MELES RULE TOO..

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 09 Aug 2019, 03:24

Last time I was in Mekelle I saw Sebhat Nega come out of the bushes driving his Range Rover, and he headed towards Planet Hotel to take a shower and brush his golden teeth. He is my hero.

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 09 Aug 2019, 10:05

My dear Digital Weyane boss eden/kerenite,

Welcome home away from home.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 09 Aug 2019, 11:36

Digital Weyane wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 03:24
Last time I was in Mekelle I saw Sebhat Nega come out of the bushes driving his Range Rover, and he headed towards Planet Hotel to take a shower and brush his golden teeth. He is my hero.
Man that was so funny... :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 07 Mar 2021, 00:10

justo wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 05:17
eden wrote:
The artist did a push up at the end of his performance which garnered him huge applause. I suspected it was political and I confirmed it was. The artist received roaring applause as he symbolized Tigray defiance against the central government.
Resistance ኣያዋጣም እጅ መስጠት ነበር የሚያዋጣው።
Prophet Justo እንዴት ነህ ደህና ነህ