Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
TGAA
Member+

It dawning to all Ethiopians that NAMA is a force for Good!!

Post by TGAA » 05 Aug 2019, 23:23

I have never thought that I will say this , but When one is sick and know that the only medicine for what ails him is something that counteract to the illness he has , he will take the medicine without flinching. At this time what ail Ethiopians is the Oromo radicals who are busy [deleted]-heading with every Ethiopian , insulting the Ethiopia we love, spitting on Ethiopian flag, calming every piece of land that belongs to other Ethiopian nationalities. Claiming the national capital of Ethiopians where Ethiopian form every corner of the country brought whatever they got , work hard to make it where it is now claiming shamlessly it belongs only to theme, they even dear us the establish another city of ours. These Oromo radicals are treating Ethiopians as as if they don't belong in their own country. They call Ethiopians sefarii (settlers as British was a settler in Kenya) The more the Ethiopian tolerated these good for nothing scam of the world agitators the more embolden they have become , They need to be treated by the only Medicine they know --spanking. It can be done in short order . At this time the only group that can counter balance them toe on toe is Amhara. NaMA is the only organization who stood for Amhara interest and they have proven that they can mobilize Amharas in very organic way. ADP before it is late need to start pointing out the danger of this radical oromos agitation to the country , without any hesitation ODP should declare these radicals Oroms agenda to destroy Ethiopia need to stop now , not tomorrow, NaMA should focus only on the interest of Amhara and Ethiopia and respecting all Ethiopians including our Oromo brothers, while ruthlessly attacking the Oromo radicals who are working day and night to create social upheaval in Ethiopia. Nama is a force for good and need to be supported by all Ethiopian. I have heard the sidama activist stating this fact , they targat Amhara because Amhara is the back bone of Ethiopia, I agree with him completely. What is good for Amhara is good for Ethiopia. No doubt.

opmerc

Re: It dawning to all Ethiopians that NAMA is a force for Good!!

Post by opmerc » 06 Aug 2019, 09:10

Here we go again, another emotion filled position. On the one hand you say radical Oromo ethno-nationalists and their quest to destroy everything Ethiopia is a danger to us all and our unity. Which is very true. Then you say the answer to that is Amhara ethno-nationalists. How is further splitting the Ethiopian people and encouraging them to just stick to their own ethno-nationalist camps the answer to an ever growing danger to the unity of Ethiopia?

I don't get it, what do you think is the result if what you hope happens and a wave of new support goes to NAMA? The result is increased conflict between ethno-nationalist Amhara and ethno-nationalist Oromo. How does this increase unity among Ethiopians? You think like some sporting event one side just takes it's loss and goes away?

Why don't you let the forces who are intent on breaking this tribal loop do their jobs, or better yet help them?

gurre

Post by gurre » 06 Aug 2019, 10:40

opmerc wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 09:10
Here we go again, another emotion filled position. On the one hand you say radical Oromo ethno-nationalists and their quest to destroy everything Ethiopia is a danger to us all and our unity. Which is very true. Then you say the answer to that is Amhara ethno-nationalists. How is further splitting the Ethiopian people and encouraging them to just stick to their own ethno-nationalist camps the answer to an ever growing danger to the unity of Ethiopia?

I don't get it, what do you think is the result if what you hope happens and a wave of new support goes to NAMA? The result is increased conflict between ethno-nationalist Amhara and ethno-nationalist Oromo. How does this increase unity among Ethiopians? You think like some sporting event one side just takes it's loss and goes away?

Why don't you let the forces who are intent on breaking this tribal loop do their jobs, or better yet help them?
Which forces do you have in mind? If you have the Birhanu Nega forces in mind, then let me give you a timeframe of their achievements to save ethiopia and ethiopians.
1991 they joined the woyane/olf regime help them get legitimate.
2005 they joined us embassy to stop nationwide strike and protest against rigged election.
2017/18 they joined opdo to legitimise their control of absolute power vacated by woyane.
2019 after they were sent packing from amhara region, they are working directly/indirectly with opdo/olf led government in cracking down amhara leaders and activists in amhara region and elsewhere.They even cleansed ESAT of any opposition to opdo/olf led government.
So where are those mysterious forces breaking the tribal loop? what we see is the tribal loop getting bigger, getting out of its traditional territories, acquiring new ones everyday.
I believe only an organised amhra can stop to a minimum the expansion of the opdo/olf tribalists, expecting some non-existence force is simply cheating

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 06 Aug 2019, 11:38

gurre wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 10:40
opmerc wrote:

Which forces do you have in mind? If you have the Birhanu Nega forces in mind, then let me give you a timeframe of their achievements to save ethiopia and ethiopians.
1991 they joined the woyane/olf regime help them get legitimate.
2005 they joined us embassy to stop nationwide strike and protest against rigged election.
2017/18 they joined opdo to legitimise their control of absolute power vacated by woyane.
2019 after they were sent packing from amhara region, they are working directly/indirectly with opdo/olf led government in cracking down amhara leaders and activists in amhara region and elsewhere.They even cleansed ESAT of any opposition to opdo/olf led government.
So where are those mysterious forces breaking the tribal loop? what we see is the tribal loop getting bigger, getting out of its traditional territories, acquiring new ones everyday.
I believe only an organised amhra can stop to a minimum the expansion of the opdo/olf tribalists, expecting some non-existence force is simply cheating
Slight correction, in 2019 they were sent packing from Amhara region by those same ethno-nationalist people you claim are the answer to tribalism. Rather than provoke such people and furthering inter-party conflict (which only fuels support for these forces), they chose to help an ODP government maintain order. Increasing the likelihood that a stable government can stand up to all ethno-nationalist forces, Amhara or non Amhara.

That is absolutely moving towards less tribalism. If by the term forces, you interpreted that to mean people marching around with weapons bragging about what they will do to this or that ethnicity, you completely misunderstood what it means to break the loop. Building systems of governance that extend beyond one government or party break the loop. People willing to cede power so others already in power who fight for everyone can properly do their jobs breaks the loop.

Just wearing a different color jersey from the Oromo ethno-nationalist team and playing on the same playing field doesn't.

Maybe you also ran with ESAT refugees and haven't been paying attention but there is still criticism on ESAT towards the government on various areas and policy decisions. Maybe not the kind of criticism that lives and breathes to find faults with everything despite the sense it makes, but it's there.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 06 Aug 2019, 12:05

opmerc wrote:

I am yet to see who those forces are who are trying to break the tribal loop. If there are any I for once am willing to stand with them firm. However, this has become an illusion and, there need to be a force counter balancing the rabid OLF forces who are scuttling between Addis and Mekele. The love hate relationship that OLF and TPLF has is only different with what means to employ to get to the end. Both are excursionists who are bent on enslaving others and, demanding what doesn't belong to them.

You seem to be trying to reason and find some glittering middle when in fact the whole circle is getting darker by the days. Now we all are witnessing why the "mefenQile Mengist" drama was needed in order to go after the forces that could potentially be balancing the ever stretching arms of OLF.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 06 Aug 2019, 12:36

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 12:05
I am yet to see who those forces are who are trying to break the tribal loop. If there are any I for once am willing to stand with them firm. However, this has become an illusion and, there need to be a force counter balancing the rabid OLF forces who are scuttling between Addis and Mekele. The love hate relationship that OLF and TPLF has is only different with what means to employ to get to the end. Both are excursionists who are bent on enslaving others and, demanding what doesn't belong to them.

You seem to be trying to reason and find some glittering middle when in fact the whole circle is getting darker by the days. Now we all are witnessing why the "mefenQile Mengist" drama was needed in order to go after the forces that could potentially be balancing the ever stretching arms of OLF.
Those forces are what I just described; any combination of government entities and outside parties whose ideology and movements get us closer to less tribalism. Their combined efforts are what will produce the end of tribalism not one savior party or person. By helping them I mean help each and any effort by any entity that moves us closer in that direction.

Yet I keep seeing these terms; "counter-balance" and "push back" being ascribed to Amhara ethno-nationalists and what they are doing. If you were not a tribalist yourself you would clearly see that they are not pushing back anything, they are growing the problem. I don't see any of you championing Tigray ethno-nationlists or Somali ethno-nationalists to "counter-balance" the Oromo ones. You are somehow only interested in the advancement and growth of the ethno-nationalist party which you think belongs to you or will fight for you. You are just ready to hide behind the walls of your ethnicity instead of defending the Ethiopian gates that are being stormed by other ethno-nationalists.

If your dream of a strong NAMA is realized and they end up defeating OLF/Oromo ethno-nationalists everywhere, do you think they will then have one big sendoff party, hand power and influence back to non-tribalists and just go back to living and existing peacefully with other people?

If you know anything about politics or such ideologies you would know that's not going to ever happen.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 06 Aug 2019, 13:18

opmerc wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 12:36
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 12:05

Those forces are what I just described; any combination of government entities and outside parties whose ideology and movements get us closer to less tribalism. Their combined efforts are what will produce the end of tribalism not one savior party or person. By helping them I mean help each and any effort by any entity that moves us closer in that direction.

Yet I keep seeing these terms; "counter-balance" and "push back" being ascribed to Amhara ethno-nationalists and what they are doing. If you were not a tribalist yourself you would clearly see that they are not pushing back anything, they are growing the problem. I don't see any of you championing Tigray ethno-nationlists or Somali ethno-nationalists to "counter-balance" the Oromo ones. You are somehow only interested in the advancement and growth of the ethno-nationalist party which you think belongs to you or will fight for you. You are just ready to hide behind the walls of your ethnicity instead of defending the Ethiopian gates that are being stormed by other ethno-nationalists.

If your dream of a strong NAMA is realized and they end up defeating OLF/Oromo ethno-nationalists everywhere, do you think they will then have one big sendoff party, hand power and influence back to non-tribalists and just go back to living and existing peacefully with other people?

If you know anything about politics or such ideologies you would know that's not going to ever happen.
You are presuming that other nationalists are not at the height of nationalism fervor. You seem to pay a blind eye as to what is the central theme of the very constitution that the country is being governed by. You seem to only be seeing the stake from the perspective that if the Amaras are not organized and stand to prevent what has been in the making for the last half a century, everything would just subside.

"If you need peace prepare for war" is the old adage that I am sure you are familiar with. You don't save words to mince and denigrate the very recent initiative the amaras are taking to organize themselves, while at the same time equating it with the already institutionalized power in the country as OLF/TPLF. Why would it be okay for every tribe to organize itself as such and march against the amaras who are not even allowed to organize per what is "legal in the country? You must have come to the political arena after woyane retreated to Mekelle and the new new power replaced them at arat killo.

The amaras as people have been blamed for every ills of the country and made scapegoats by those who control the power lever in the country for more than half a century now. They have been openly displaced and mass uprooted from all over the country and, the legal power endorsed the crimes. The amaras have been massacred and still are all over the country and, it is justified by the nativity advocates that they are settlers whose blood has to be shed with no consequence.

Counter balancing does not equate to defeating, by the way. The very perception of defeating what is presumed as amara, is why we are in the first place having this discussion. If TPLF/OLF knew that there is a counter punch in real form that can balance their over-reaching, then we would have a discussion as to how to build a genuine democracy. When all is taken from one and when that one is at the mercy of the power wielding ever antagonistic tribal agitators, the result will only be domination and subjugation, which we are fighting against.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 06 Aug 2019, 14:24

I am not presuming that at all. I didn't say let Oromo ethno-nationalists run wild, or that only Amhara are not allowed to "organize".

I love that euphemism by the way, organize. Like we are forming some union to fight for better work conditions and higher pay. No you are forming a party to shower Amhara with stories of victimhood, to arm and agitate them to attack whatever is the latest person you decide is anti-Amhara. You are trying to decide for all Amhara who is a real Amhara and who isn't. Coincidentally anyone that doesn't agree with your way of running the country or Amhara region somehow always ends up being anti-Amhara. So just be honest about that. Don't hide behind safe and cosy sounding words like organizing.

As for such a movement I will absolutley denigrate it because it doesn't represent me and it threatens other parts of my identity. I am an Ethiopian first, a human-being second and an Amhara third. Anything that attacks the first two will never represent me.

What I'm arguing for is that if Oromo ethno-nationalism in the country is growing and threatening the country after being nurtured and cultivated by TPLF, the answer is not adding yet another ethno-nationalist entity into the mix, something TPLF wants more of, not less. I am very well aware that all these ethno-nationalists want to maintain the constitution because it guarantees their existence as ethno-nationalists and their dreams of little ethnic banana-republics. The answer to this is to help those who are working to change this constitution and it's precepts, not encourage those would want to be best practitioners of it.

The phrase of planning for peace while readying for war is applicable to the extent of your base identity. Meaning if the extent of your base identity lies on your ethnic affiliation, you presume that is the line at which you have to prepare a final defense. I reject that line and choose to place my last line of defense at Ethiopianism. That means my preparedness will go at attacking everyone threatening that identity, not looking for a new, smaller identity to fortify for protection.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 06 Aug 2019, 18:24

Perhaps you are trying to appear reasonable by giving the pretext that you are amara arguing against amara organizing as amara. You are even positioning yourself as Ethiopian first than human first just so that you are taken as someone who is Ethiopian at core. I mean... this is of the line that has been sold over its price and ,none are willing to touch it for a dinar. So please do not try to insult our collective intelligence. IF coming together for a common objective isn't organizing, then we will have to lend a new term that you will be coining for us at some point when we are no more. There is no hiding in anything but just speaking in plain language what is we are trying. I know you and your ilk have done their job over the past several decades and, now they are at the point of ridiculing the very little we are trying. We will catch up in time.

The OLF/TPLF nationalism has become a way of life and it ain't whisked away just because you are wishing to. It is hunkered as a system and it has made its existence through promulgated rules that we all are judged against. You are telling us that it is easier to fight against the system outside of it than from within. If the end justifies the means, I don't see why your likes should be busy dictating the modus-operandi of theirs as better alternative to what we, as people, who are at the receiving end of the stick, are opted to. You are milking the benefits of your ethnocentric administration and, perhaps expanding on it, while advising us to sit hands tied. That has been tried for the last 30 years and all we have been able to reap is more misery, more humility and more unprovoked death and more deprivation in the country.

You can't plan for peace while you are bullied day in day out and, robbed off what you toiled for by zealots in broad lights. You are just trying to find a justifiable means in order that you can elongate what is is. We are tired of the unhelpful appeasement that your likes are injecting in the debate fully knowing that the power at the helm is only disguising as something that it is not. The fact that you play foreign to what identity is now at the mouth of the guillotine, is a display of your inherent inability to not fully apprehend the danger. Being amara is persecuted for being Ethiopian. Nothing more nothing less.

Finally ..who are those working to change the "constitution'? May be there are forces that we are not aware of , would you mind sharing? :mrgreen:

gearhead
Member+

Post by gearhead » 06 Aug 2019, 20:41

ሁለት ብር እንዳልከፍል አልጋሽ የአቁማዳ ነው!
አንድ ብር እንዳልል ደረጃሽ ገና ነው!
ውሰጂ ሀምሳ ሳንቲም ስሙኒ መልሺ እሱም ሲበዛ ነው!!

Ethiopia cant pay its bills, worse it cant feed itself past a bad season!

Alas, it never seezes to amaze me how much leeway the political class of ethiopia beleives it has at its disposal, to liberally swing from one mutually exclusive position, then jump to the other, without an iota of consideration to the aftermath that it just left behind!

Well, i got news for the pedlers that it no longer is the case where politics is at omnipresence of our existence! Rather, it will be truncated to a managable size where it wont be allowrr to occupy more than 20% of peoples times!

Such being the case that all politicaly amiliorative steps have already been taken against the spill over effects of this quasi empire; and that additional space has been opened-up for groups who entertain problem solving ideas and inspire the economic future of the youth; we are at saturation!

What will remain of the ever present neo-menelik, neo-geda and/or neo-oligarchy disposition? Well, these groups dont live in the present and as such have no problem solving utility. In actuality, the keep creatimg new problems in perpetuity! Nor do these groups generate youth employment oportunities. They actually paralize youth aspirations, and negatively taint its future by paralizimg it with imagery of unattainable nostalgia!! These entitiee of risk to the regional order call upon death and as such, death is alll they will meet!!

If not already done, NAMAs leadership will continue to be heavily infiltrated, will be laid dormant through repeated implosions! Save youe money as the region has one too many neo-groups, making it unsfae to draft out a stable employed youth and a self feeding society!
Last edited by gearhead on 06 Aug 2019, 20:52, edited 2 times in total.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 06 Aug 2019, 20:49

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 18:24
Perhaps you are trying to appear reasonable by giving the pretext that you are amara arguing against amara organizing as amara. You are even positioning yourself as Ethiopian first than human first just so that you are taken as someone who is Ethiopian at core. I mean... this is of the line that has been sold over its price and ,none are willing to touch it for a dinar. So please do not try to insult our collective intelligence. IF coming together for a common objective isn't organizing, then we will have to lend a new term that you will be coining for us at some point when we are no more. There is no hiding in anything but just speaking in plain language what is we are trying. I know you and your ilk have done their job over the past several decades and, now they are at the point of ridiculing the very little we are trying. We will catch up in time.

The OLF/TPLF nationalism has become a way of life and it ain't whisked away just because you are wishing to. It is hunkered as a system and it has made its existence through promulgated rules that we all are judged against. You are telling us that it is easier to fight against the system outside of it than from within. If the end justifies the means, I don't see why your likes should be busy dictating the modus-operandi of theirs as better alternative to what we, as people, who are at the receiving end of the stick, are opted to. You are milking the benefits of your ethnocentric administration and, perhaps expanding on it, while advising us to sit hands tied. That has been tried for the last 30 years and all we have been able to reap is more misery, more humility and more unprovoked death and more deprivation in the country.

You can't plan for peace while you are bullied day in day out and, robbed off what you toiled for by zealots in broad lights. You are just trying to find a justifiable means in order that you can elongate what is is. We are tired of the unhelpful appeasement that your likes are injecting in the debate fully knowing that the power at the helm is only disguising as something that it is not. The fact that you play foreign to what identity is now at the mouth of the guillotine, is a display of your inherent inability to not fully apprehend the danger. Being amara is persecuted for being Ethiopian. Nothing more nothing less.

Finally ..who are those working to change the "constitution'? May be there are forces that we are not aware of , would you mind sharing? :mrgreen:

I wasn't trying to appear in any particular way. I was explaining my position towards NAMA along with my motivations, which are influenced by my background.

Maybe it's customary around here to just defend your ethnic affiliation and all it's actions regardless of how right or moral they might be. And anyone who doesn't do so must be a mole of some sort. But I wasn't brought up to blindly follow anyone nor do I live my life that way.

It's important for the sake of discussion too that you are aware people like me actually exist. You can choose to not believe me, of course. That is your choice. It doesn't affect me personally nor does it impact my reasoning. Saying you don't believe my background is not an adequate defense for your group's lack of representation for divergent ideas of anyone Amhara. Although I'm really curious what you think my 'ilk' is. I couldn't quite tell what you were trying to insinuate I was instead. Perhaps it was Oromo?..so much for speaking in plain language.

But anyway, yes, coming together for a common objective would be, in fact, organizing. Where we disagree is on the notion that NAMA is 'coming together' for a 'common objective'. What NAMA is doing, and in some respects succeeding, is radicalizing people and blindly leading them to civic conflict with other radicalized people. I have no interest in coming together with you to go on such a calamitous course. And if you actually study the real mood of Ethiopians or Amhara at large, you would find that there is no commonality with this objective either.

And no, the ends do not justify the means. In fact, the ends here are disastrous for all Amhara and all Ethiopian people, so they are by no means justified either.

Telling you to actively work with every party that works against ethno-nationalism so Amhara are not the victim of any other ethno-nationalist is not telling you to sit with your hands tied. Directing your resources and energy on something that becomes a solution for all Ethiopians solves, not exasperates, the situation. And Last time I checked, every Ethiopian of every ethnic affiliation has been subject to all the issues you listed. And it all stems of ethno-nationalism.

We already saw the results of what happens when people that think like you are given the authority, money and space to defend Amhara. Nothing but more dead Amhara. So yes, my way is categorically better.

Also, who is working to change the constitution? The vast majority of Amhara activists both in and out of the country, EZEMA and all it's supporters or just people who are interested in citizen-based politics, non government affiliated civic activists like Obang Metho and anyone who supports him, a great deal of journalists. I mean If you can't make a force out of all these people and actually organize around this one cause maybe organizing isn't for you.
Last edited by opmerc on 06 Aug 2019, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

Maxi
Member+

Post by Maxi » 06 Aug 2019, 20:53

NAMA is the only Amhara Organization that will stop the madness and expansionist Oromos!!

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 07 Aug 2019, 13:05

opmerc wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 20:49
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:

I wasn't trying to appear in any particular way. I was explaining my position towards NAMA along with my motivations, which are influenced by my background.

Maybe it's customary around here to just defend your ethnic affiliation and all it's actions regardless of how right or moral they might be. And anyone who doesn't do so must be a mole of some sort. But I wasn't brought up to blindly follow anyone nor do I live my life that way.

It's important for the sake of discussion too that you are aware people like me actually exist. You can choose to not believe me, of course. That is your choice. It doesn't affect me personally nor does it impact my reasoning. Saying you don't believe my background is not an adequate defense for your group's lack of representation for divergent ideas of anyone Amhara. Although I'm really curious what you think my 'ilk' is. I couldn't quite tell what you were trying to insinuate I was instead. Perhaps it was Oromo?..so much for speaking in plain language.

But anyway, yes, coming together for a common objective would be, in fact, organizing. Where we disagree is on the notion that NAMA is 'coming together' for a 'common objective'. What NAMA is doing, and in some respects succeeding, is radicalizing people and blindly leading them to civic conflict with other radicalized people. I have no interest in coming together with you to go on such a calamitous course. And if you actually study the real mood of Ethiopians or Amhara at large, you would find that there is no commonality with this objective either.

And no, the ends do not justify the means. In fact, the ends here are disastrous for all Amhara and all Ethiopian people, so they are by no means justified either.

Telling you to actively work with every party that works against ethno-nationalism so Amhara are not the victim of any other ethno-nationalist is not telling you to sit with your hands tied. Directing your resources and energy on something that becomes a solution for all Ethiopians solves, not exasperates, the situation. And Last time I checked, every Ethiopian of every ethnic affiliation has been subject to all the issues you listed. And it all stems of ethno-nationalism.

We already saw the results of what happens when people that think like you are given the authority, money and space to defend Amhara. Nothing but more dead Amhara. So yes, my way is categorically better.

Also, who is working to change the constitution? The vast majority of Amhara activists both in and out of the country, EZEMA and all it's supporters or just people who are interested in citizen-based politics, non government affiliated civic activists like Obang Metho and anyone who supports him, a great deal of journalists. I mean If you can't make a force out of all these people and actually organize around this one cause maybe organizing isn't for you.
When people like me stand together and defend ourselves, people like you unfortunately sell us out and drag us back, the result being more dead Amaras. Your preference is to head in to the slaughter house with no resistance whatsoever. I happen to choose to die fighting. This could be the result of how we were brought up like you said.

Your Ethiopia of today is by no means what I call a country for all of its citizens. The Ethiopia that stratifies its people based on their identity isn’t the Ethiopia that I aspire to embrace. The Ethiopia that at its rotten core considers ethnic identity more than any human quality to be the parameter for everything isn’t my Ethiopia. The Ethiopia that discriminates citizens even from owning housing that one built by one’s own sweat isn’t my Ethiopia.

Your EZEMA took for granted that it has the vast majority of the Amharas as its constituency. Alas, the Amaras are now more informed than ever and, it won’t be any easy sell for any party to just preach about the inclusive Ethiopia while practically appeasing the ethnic lords. While EZEMA is slumbering with its “noble” ideas, NAMA is doing the ground work of organizing the people who could make the difference. Instead of working with NAMA which essentially is for Ethiopia that does recognize Amaras, EZEMA has chosen to fumble with the pretentious authorities whose end game is biting the bigger slice than building an inclusive society. If you are privy to something that is beyond what is out there for all to see, you could have the confidence to assert what you are trying.. :mrgreen:

NAMA as far as I know, have never engaged in anything against Ethiopia or called for the persecution of any ethnic identity. NAMA isn’t the political group that is working day in and day out to dismantle the Ethiopian state. NAMA isn’t the political party that has at its nucleus dismembering the country as a solution to every problem. NAMA isn’t the party that categorically calls some ethnic groups as its enemy as manifested by TPLF/OLF. NAMA didn’t raise arms to have its agenda of equal representation be imposed on anyone. NAMA instead is calling for the representation of the Amaras who have been made invisible in the country by design. NAMA is requesting that Ethiopia essentially be a country for all its citizens with no discrimination. NAMA is adhering that Amaras in Ethiopia should be represented as humans based on their merits. If you have anything as positions of NAMA that contradicts with what I stated, I am here to listen.

At the end of the day, you will come around to stand with what NAM is trying to accomplish no matter how sluggish your move might be, if you really are what you claim you are. We all were in you camp before we confronted with the grim reality of repeated betrayals by all the groups that we though have the country’s interest as at heart. We are now refusing to be the fool’s errand !

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 07 Aug 2019, 18:00

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 13:05
When people like me stand together and defend ourselves, people like you unfortunately sell us out and drag us back, the result being more dead Amaras. Your preference is to head in to the slaughter house with no resistance whatsoever. I happen to choose to die fighting. This could be the result of how we were brought up like you said.

Your Ethiopia of today is by no means what I call a country for all of its citizens. The Ethiopia that stratifies its people based on their identity isn’t the Ethiopia that I aspire to embrace. The Ethiopia that at its rotten core considers ethnic identity more than any human quality to be the parameter for everything isn’t my Ethiopia. The Ethiopia that discriminates citizens even from owning housing that one built by one’s own sweat isn’t my Ethiopia.

Your EZEMA took for granted that it has the vast majority of the Amharas as its constituency. Alas, the Amaras are now more informed than ever and, it won’t be any easy sell for any party to just preach about the inclusive Ethiopia while practically appeasing the ethnic lords. While EZEMA is slumbering with its “noble” ideas, NAMA is doing the ground work of organizing the people who could make the difference. Instead of working with NAMA which essentially is for Ethiopia that does recognize Amaras, EZEMA has chosen to fumble with the pretentious authorities whose end game is biting the bigger slice than building an inclusive society. If you are privy to something that is beyond what is out there for all to see, you could have the confidence to assert what you are trying.. :mrgreen:

NAMA as far as I know, have never engaged in anything against Ethiopia or called for the persecution of any ethnic identity. NAMA isn’t the political group that is working day in and day out to dismantle the Ethiopian state. NAMA isn’t the political party that has at its nucleus dismembering the country as a solution to every problem. NAMA isn’t the party that categorically calls some ethnic groups as its enemy as manifested by TPLF/OLF. NAMA didn’t raise arms to have its agenda of equal representation be imposed on anyone. NAMA instead is calling for the representation of the Amaras who have been made invisible in the country by design. NAMA is requesting that Ethiopia essentially be a country for all its citizens with no discrimination. NAMA is adhering that Amaras in Ethiopia should be represented as humans based on their merits. If you have anything as positions of NAMA that contradicts with what I stated, I am here to listen.

At the end of the day, you will come around to stand with what NAM is trying to accomplish no matter how sluggish your move might be, if you really are what you claim you are. We all were in you camp before we confronted with the grim reality of repeated betrayals by all the groups that we though have the country’s interest as at heart. We are now refusing to be the fool’s errand !
It wasn't people like me who killed Amharas in cold-blood because we couldn't get our way. If those responsible had more of my mindset, those dead Amhara would be alive right now, peacefully talking about how to collectively solve Amhara's problems. Just consider the current state of Amhara region and it's security versus what it used to be when your mindset was fully in charge.

My preference is to make sure there is a central authority that can rise up to defend against every attack. That it's backed by a constitution that respects individuals first, not groups. And that the whole structure is lead by people that will act on this capacity.

It isn't to build my own personal army that only protects me and my kind but watches idly by while other Ethiopians face the same massacres. Like there is some sort of future for Amhara even while the rest of Ethiopia burns..It also isn't to lead the hopelessly poor Amhara to go be fodder against other Ethiopians.

It is somewhat heartbreaking to hear other Amhara talk about Ethiopia as if it's dying or already dead. What is actually baffling though is in the same breath you say this dying Ethiopia has been stricken by an ethnic-identity illness, you think what it needs.. is more of it.

You said EZEMA should be working with NAMA, but how do you figure this? EZEMA rejects the notion of stronger ethnic identity based groups, It's not working with TPLF, or OLF and yes NAMA is in that category. It's not endorsing any attempts by members of ODP to appease extremist Oromos. It is only helping reformist portions develop structural capacity. These two entities working together helps us all towards credible elections, constitutional reform, a path away from ethnic federalism.

And maybe we disagree on the concept of working against Ethiopia. I think, agitating Amhara to only think of their own wounds and how to find shelter only amongst their own because the rest of Ethiopia is full of people trying to hurt them is in fact working against Ethiopia and it's shared identity and future. Adding a disclaimer afterwards that you don't negotiate on Ethiopianism after you've made Amharas lose faith on the concept of Ethiopia is meaningless.

If you want an additional barometer for this, go see who TPLF stooges are encouraging on social-media. Weyane isn't out here campaigning to grow EZEMA members or sharing fund-drives for pro-Ethiopianist media.

They will happily pretend to be NAMA supporters though. Ranting all day about the latest atrocity on Amhara and how it's ADP/ODP/EZEMA's fault. Now watch all those gullible actual NAMA supporters following it and the rhetoric they are copying. I even hear it in the way you describe 'my Ethiopia'..

So if you want to be party to this, go ahead. But don't say no one told you so.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 07 Aug 2019, 19:21

opmerc wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 18:00
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 13:05

It wasn't people like me who killed Amharas in cold-blood because we couldn't get our way. If those responsible had more of my mindset, those dead Amhara would be alive right now, peacefully talking about how to collectively solve Amhara's problems. Just consider the current state of Amhara region and it's security versus what it used to be when your mindset was fully in charge.

My preference is to make sure there is a central authority that can rise up to defend against every attack. That it's backed by a constitution that respects individuals first, not groups. And that the whole structure is lead by people that will act on this capacity.

It isn't to build my own personal army that only protects me and my kind but watches idly by while other Ethiopians face the same massacres. Like there is some sort of future for Amhara even while the rest of Ethiopia burns..It also isn't to lead the hopelessly poor Amhara to go be fodder against other Ethiopians.

It is somewhat heartbreaking to hear other Amhara talk about Ethiopia as if it's dying or already dead. What is actually baffling though is in the same breath you say this dying Ethiopia has been stricken by an ethnic-identity illness, you think what it needs.. is more of it.

You said EZEMA should be working with NAMA, but how do you figure this? EZEMA rejects the notion of stronger ethnic identity based groups, It's not working with TPLF, or OLF and yes NAMA is in that category. It's not endorsing any attempts by members of ODP to appease extremist Oromos. It is only helping reformist portions develop structural capacity. These two entities working together helps us all towards credible elections, constitutional reform, a path away from ethnic federalism.

And maybe we disagree on the concept of working against Ethiopia. I think, agitating Amhara to only think of their own wounds and how to find shelter only amongst their own because the rest of Ethiopia is full of people trying to hurt them is in fact working against Ethiopia and it's shared identity and future. Adding a disclaimer afterwards that you don't negotiate on Ethiopianism after you've made Amharas lose faith on the concept of Ethiopia is meaningless.

If you want an additional barometer for this, go see who TPLF stooges are encouraging on social-media. Weyane isn't out here campaigning to grow EZEMA members or sharing fund-drives for pro-Ethiopianist media.

They will happily pretend to be NAMA supporters though. Ranting all day about the latest atrocity on Amhara and how it's ADP/ODP/EZEMA's fault. Now watch all those gullible actual NAMA supporters following it and the rhetoric they are copying. I even hear it in the way you describe 'my Ethiopia'..

So if you want to be party to this, go ahead. But don't say no one told you so.
Who killed who in the unfortunate event that happened in the region, is now the excuse to go after whoever has a different idea about how to solve the saga that we are in. We probably won’t know the whole truth about the event that the PM declared as “mefenQile Mengist” right before it happened. However, the actions being taken following the incident have the hallmark of a well-planned action that has been well thought after and, whose execution had been in a wait for the right time to avail. That is the current state of the Amara region. Perhaps riding the docile ADP horse is much easier for the ODP power, than dealing with genuine representatives of the people in that region.

The central authority that you wish to see will never be a reality. As if we haven’t waited to see that force for the past three decade, now we are suddenly wishing about its birth. The central force that your friends sent to quash the “detractors’ are the same forces that are deployed in dozen to protect the known extreme ethnic agitators residing right next to the palace. The forces that you are hopping to see are the forces that pay blind eyes when people in and around Addis are killed and uprooted enemas. The forces that you are now endorsing as Ethiopian, are the forces that are deployed to kill Amaras just so they won’t organize. That is the security situation in the region as we speak.

We are witnessing the prescription of EZEMA as is proactively being applied on the Amara youth, while pampering those who sleep with TPLF in broad light. You seem to be living in the lala land where in, if the Amharas are not organized to protect themselves, then all will be fine. No matter how ludicrous might be your position; it is bought as justification to go after us. We will see where that leads. The false premise that asserts not working with any ethnically organized party seems to have forgotten that all the power lever in the country are totally controlled by parties exclusively organized on ethnic basis.

You seem to be at ease to cast your ill-conceived prejudice on to NAMA, while the zealots who are plotting and campaigning against the Amaras are encouraged right in front of our eyes. The PM openly stated that “the constitution won’t be changed just because one region requested to”. Now we are respecting the constitution and trying legally and openly organizing ourselves, and it suddenly became unpalatable to EZEMA.

The rest of Ethiopia burns by its own choice and hasn’t needed our input for the past 30 years. When dozens of churches were burned to ashes in Somali region last year and, in Sidama zone last month, it is the Amara who shoulder the brunt of the destruction. When the Amaras were persecuted and massacred in those places, the driving force behind the atrocities is the crimes of being Ethiopian by the Amaras. We still are paying the price for the political overture that you still seem to be indulged in. If we were to organize, we could have at least saved the precious lives that were lost to the barbarian’s fires.

You keep doing what you are doing but, please do try not to be standing with those who are bent on nuking the Amara people if they had the capacity. Our strength in organizing ourselves is our savior and, we will keep building on it. Like I said before, if you really are who you claim you are, you certainly will come to our camp pretty soon. If you are trying to derail our effort in hope of consolidating what you thought you have so far achieved for your baseline identity, you won’t succeed for we have built the resolve that is born of self-preservation.

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 07 Aug 2019, 21:23

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 19:21
Who killed who in the unfortunate event that happened in the region, is now the excuse to go after whoever has a different idea about how to solve the saga that we are in. We probably won’t know the whole truth about the event that the PM declared as “mefenQile Mengist” right before it happened. However, the actions being taken following the incident have the hallmark of a well-planned action that has been well thought after and, whose execution had been in a wait for the right time to avail. That is the current state of the Amara region. Perhaps riding the docile ADP horse is much easier for the ODP power, than dealing with genuine representatives of the people in that region.

The central authority that you wish to see will never be a reality. As if we haven’t waited to see that force for the past three decade, now we are suddenly wishing about its birth. The central force that your friends sent to quash the “detractors’ are the same forces that are deployed in dozen to protect the known extreme ethnic agitators residing right next to the palace. The forces that you are hopping to see are the forces that pay blind eyes when people in and around Addis are killed and uprooted enemas. The forces that you are now endorsing as Ethiopian, are the forces that are deployed to kill Amaras just so they won’t organize. That is the security situation in the region as we speak.

We are witnessing the prescription of EZEMA as is proactively being applied on the Amara youth, while pampering those who sleep with TPLF in broad light. You seem to be living in the lala land where in, if the Amharas are not organized to protect themselves, then all will be fine. No matter how ludicrous might be your position; it is bought as justification to go after us. We will see where that leads. The false premise that asserts not working with any ethnically organized party seems to have forgotten that all the power lever in the country are totally controlled by parties exclusively organized on ethnic basis.

You seem to be at ease to cast your ill-conceived prejudice on to NAMA, while the zealots who are plotting and campaigning against the Amaras are encouraged right in front of our eyes. The PM openly stated that “the constitution won’t be changed just because one region requested to”. Now we are respecting the constitution and trying legally and openly organizing ourselves, and it suddenly became unpalatable to EZEMA.

The rest of Ethiopia burns by its own choice and hasn’t needed our input for the past 30 years. When dozens of churches were burned to ashes in Somali region last year and, in Sidama zone last month, it is the Amara who shoulder the brunt of the destruction. When the Amaras were persecuted and massacred in those places, the driving force behind the atrocities is the crimes of being Ethiopian by the Amaras. We still are paying the price for the political overture that you still seem to be indulged in. If we were to organize, we could have at least saved the precious lives that were lost to the barbarian’s fires.

You keep doing what you are doing but, please do try not to be standing with those who are bent on nuking the Amara people if they had the capacity. Our strength in organizing ourselves is our savior and, we will keep building on it. Like I said before, if you really are who you claim you are, you certainly will come to our camp pretty soon. If you are trying to derail our effort in hope of consolidating what you thought you have so far achieved for your baseline identity, you won’t succeed for we have built the resolve that is born of self-preservation.
Please don't make me go down the rabbit hole that is this coup conspiracy. I already went through over 5 pages worth on the same week of the event arguing every absurd part of it. If you want my thoughts on that, you are welcome to go look up that thread.

The central authority that I'm wishing to see is being built right now by the very people I mentioned, piece by structural piece. Just because you have your eyes and ears closed doesn't mean it's not happening. The past three decades didn't have the proper conditions for it to be created, now those elements are materializing. We also saw it's present ability to respond in various parts to various events. Go watch reports of all the people saying where Hawassa would be were it not for this central authority response.

I don't see any of the forces I mentioned deployed to kill Amhara, I am seeing government forces attack extremist Amhara followed by arresting some and releasing others. I don't see the Oromo militias getting rocked in west Oromo complaining about too much pampering either.

Were you pointing to an ODP/Oromo bias towards Somalis when it took down Abdi Illey and arrested his cohorts? or when it started arresting the Ejeto in SNNP? was there some inherent Sidama bias with that action? But suddenly security measures in Amhara region after one of the most destabilizing events a country could experience happens and you expect everyone to believe it's done because of some anti-Amhara bias? Come on.

Now, am I saying every Amhara arrested everywhere to have been so justly? Absolutely not, there is no system of government on earth that starts an investigative campaign of this size across several regions and does everything right, much less when it's done by police that graduated under the corrupt TPLF days.

Not all the parties involved in the investigation will do their jobs free of bias or won't use it as an excuse to exercise long held grudges. But it's important to have evidence of systemic, not localized, bias before you go out and make accusations of systemic bias. Such evidence just doesn't exist. You should care about that if you mean no harm to Ethiopia like you claim.

Where I have seen evidence of city-level government harassment happen towards opposition forces like Eskinder and his legal press-conferences, I'm right there with you in opposing it. And I already have. But I'm not about to make stuff up about how this is all a grand-conspiracy on all Amhara by everyone in government when no such evidence exists.

As far as changing the constitution and what the PM said, you need to learn to read his statements in relation to the position he's in. I wouldn't expect him to make any noise about constitution changes before elections. He needs to pass elections with as much Oromo support as possible. He cannot afford an extremist Oromo uproar that fractures his party and grows OLF variants.

It's very simple to surmise this because statements coming from someone not interested in any changes would just mirror statements produced by TPLF. His are neutral and ready to consider all changes once the voice of all Ethiopians are heard on it, aka elections. You can affect this chorus and make sure the voice to change it is the loudest during elections.

Or you can.. you know, continue with this 'Amhara is the most victimized and will remain the most victimized group in all of Ethiopia' campaign and urge people to give up all hope and instead worry about investing in ammunition. Just don't hold on your breath on me joining you.

mollamo

Post by mollamo » 08 Aug 2019, 01:47

NAMA will libretto ethiopia soon from the crooks of TOLF/OLF tugs. united Ethiopia is the way out from the present quagmire.

kibramlak

Post by kibramlak » 08 Aug 2019, 05:01

I think you are missing something:
Amhara nationalists are far way different from Oromo or tigray nationalists. I dont want to spend time to tell you where the difference lies. Do your homework before calling names.

opmerc wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 20:49
Za-Ilmaknun wrote: