Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Cigar

Ethiopian Navy.

Post by Cigar » 31 Jul 2019, 14:18

"Ethiopia can play a major role in the protection of the Red Sea coast maritime transportation which can benefit all the stake holders countries in the region including and specially the landlocked Ethiopia, but first it has to solve its internal ethnic division and if successful and with co-operation of the coastal regional countries can achieve it in decades"
Said the repoter. Said him too "Ethiopia lost its sea coast to Eritrea"
Correction:
One can not lose what one doesn't own and thus if it was upto me and Ethiopia is going to station its naval base in Eritrea, I would have made it sign a declaration that it never owned it and it is with the benovelance of Eritrea that it will get access to use it
That being said, it is all good and dandy, if there is real trust amongst all the eastern African countries, but in my opinion, the fact that the evil and thieves French are the ones which are shelling the money on behalf of Ethiopia worries me.

Tog Wajale

Re: Ethiopian Navy.

Post by Tog Wajale » 31 Jul 2019, 14:27

Brother * Cigar * :----- 1000% Guaranteed Will Never Ever Happen That. 2nd It Is A Threat To Eritrea In Red Sea Future Natural & Oil Exploration Around Eritrean Coastal Areas.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 31 Jul 2019, 14:40

It's laughable that Ethiopia needs a navy when 36 million of its total population of 41 million children under the age of 18 are multi-dimensionally poor! Just a thought!

Aurora

Post by Aurora » 31 Jul 2019, 15:00

Cigar

Eritrea does not have a problem protecting it's maritime waters. Dr. Abiy wants Ethiopian warships presence in the Redsea not necessarily to protect Ethiopian fleet. Look at international law if a loop hole exists there. He is not looking at a decade or two, like Lema said, who knows a century from now. Eritrea should do only civilian Maritime business. New leadership and a new system is overdue. Otherwise damn if you do dams if you don't. Twenty eight years sitting on the bottleneck of the maritime corridor without showing economic development is mind boggling. Blaming anything under the sun but yourself will take us nowhere.
Last edited by Aurora on 31 Jul 2019, 15:11, edited 3 times in total.

Cigar

Post by Cigar » 31 Jul 2019, 15:03

I see your concern.
But if the regional countries are going to integrate their economies and like I said if Ethiopia is going to be honest unlike them agames (it is in its own interest to not f**k the deal) and all the coastal regional countries should made it sign a declaration that it has no ambition to claim the waters as it's own waters.
I mean if it does it is a violation of charters of the territorial integrity of the said countries, it is illigal and wars could break up and Ethiopia's ambition will cease to exist.
Eritrea's and Djibouti's even Somalia's population is very small and they all can get by with out Ethiopia in the equation.
But since it is in the region and has 100 million plus population, and its need to access to the sea is more than the rest of us, and hoping it play fare for its own sake I don't see why we all can't take it ride the ocean with us.
And keep in mind even if this project is to be materialized it will take decades and decades and thus there is a lot of time to iron the potential problems.
But yes again I see your concern, knowing the behaviour of them agames and some shauvenistic Ethiopians lawlessness and empty ego, wanting what is not theirs could screw the project to the determent of ethiopia.
Again the current leaders won't be leading the respective countries or even be alive to see it happen if it ever happen.
Hopefully in the mean time, untill then they all be willing to work for win, win scenario for their respective citizens while building trust and honest.
In other words, Ethiopia needs to behave and be very honest for it is the one which will benefit more than the others and it is all of us who are allowing it to use our domains. It is landlocked and should learn that it doesn't need to own sea coast to do good of it.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 31 Jul 2019, 15:10

Cigar wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 15:03
I see your concern.
But if the regional countries are going to integrate their economies and like I said if Ethiopia is going to be honest unlike them agames (it is in its own interest to not f**k the deal) and all the coastal regional countries should made it sign a declaration that it has no ambition to claim the waters as it's own waters.
I mean if it does it is a violation of charters of the territorial integrity of the said countries, it is illigal and wars could break up and Ethiopia's ambition will cease to exist.
Eritrea's and Djibouti's even Somalia's population is very small and they all can get by with out Ethiopia in the equation.
But since it is in the region and has 100 million plus population, and its need to access to the sea is more than the rest of us, and hoping it play fare for its own sake I don't see why we all can't take it ride the ocean with us.
And keep in mind even if this project is to be materialized it will take decades and decades and thus there is a lot of time to iron the potential problems.
But yes again I see your concern, knowing the behaviour of them agames and some shauvenistic Ethiopians lawlessness and empty ego, wanting what is not theirs could screw the project to the determent of ethiopia.
Again the current leaders won't be leading the respective countries or even be alive to see it happen if it ever happen.
Hopefully in the mean time, untill then they all be willing to work for win, win scenario for their respective citizens while building trust and honest.
In other words, Ethiopia needs to behave and be very honest for it is the one which will benefit more than the others and it is all of us who are allowing it to use our domains. It is landlocked and should learn that it doesn't need to own sea coast to do good of it.
I have thought of this but like you just said,first peace inside the country.Respect Eritrea and Eritreans.kes bekes tselei ketefe'e alewo,this is also the wish of all Eritreans in the opposition.Eritrawian entehabirom TPLF kelte mealti ab seltan aytsenehen

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 31 Jul 2019, 15:50

Eritreans,

You guys have paid your independence with a heavy price; you should not agree anything with Ethiopia in the dark. If anything, it should be agreed by the two people and not by two regimes. Just a thought!

As far as Somalia is concerned, we don't want to have anything to do with Ethiopia, other than living side by side as neither of us is willing to move out!

Democrat

Post by Democrat » 31 Jul 2019, 15:55

The peace deal is benefitting only Eritrea. Eritrea should give and take. Otherwise, the peace deal will not be respected by Ethiopians.

Why are Ethiopians not focussing on the return of The South Red Sea Coastal Area???? Where are the politicians???
Why are they fighting each other on the basis of tribalism?

Those who oppose TPLF should demand the return of The Red Sea Coastal Area to Ethiopia. It is OK to arrest TPLF leaders and cadres (about 10000 of them) and put them in prison for landlocking Ethiopia. There is no no need to kill TPLF leaders and or cadres. Prison is enough so that they get the opportunity to learn from their mistatkes. By the way death penality should be abolished. We need only to arrest people if thye are guilty.

Please demand for the return the south Mereb Region to Ethiopia. This should be part of all political groups standing and fighting for Ethiopia.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 31 Jul 2019, 16:39

Democrat wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 15:55
The peace deal is benefitting only Eritrea. Eritrea should give and take. Otherwise, the peace deal will not be respected by Ethiopians.

Why are Ethiopians not focussing on the return of The South Red Sea Coastal Area???? Where are the politicians???
Why are they fighting each other on the basis of tribalism?

Those who oppose TPLF should demand the return of The Red Sea Coastal Area to Ethiopia. It is OK to arrest TPLF leaders and cadres (about 10000 of them) and put them in prison for landlocking Ethiopia. There is no no need to kill TPLF leaders and or cadres. Prison is enough so that they get the opportunity to learn from their mistatkes. By the way death penality should be abolished. We need only to arrest people if thye are guilty.

Please demand for the return the south Mereb Region to Ethiopia. This should be part of all political groups standing and fighting for Ethiopia.
Take what will work,there are some things you like even about Isaias Afewrki,he just said the demacation is not urgent,he is right,it will divide the Tigrians and they will suffer,saying this give them the town Bademe
Last edited by Degnet on 31 Jul 2019, 16:44, edited 2 times in total.

pastlast

Post by pastlast » 31 Jul 2019, 16:39

Eritrea is under the Control of an Ethiopian Andinetter: Isayas Afwrki

with his new Ethiopian-American Sophya Tesfaamaryam as the Medemer-(eritrea)Ethiopian Ambassador to the UN!

Cigar wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 14:18
"Ethiopia can play a major role in the protection of the Red Sea coast maritime transportation which can benefit all the stake holders countries in the region including and specially the landlocked Ethiopia, but first it has to solve its internal ethnic division and if successful and with co-operation of the coastal regional countries can achieve it in decades"
Said the repoter. Said him too "Ethiopia lost its sea coast to Eritrea"
Correction:
One can not lose what one doesn't own and thus if it was upto me and Ethiopia is going to station its naval base in Eritrea, I would have made it sign a declaration that it never owned it and it is with the benovelance of Eritrea that it will get access to use it
That being said, it is all good and dandy, if there is real trust amongst all the eastern African countries, but in my opinion, the fact that the evil and thieves French are the ones which are shelling the money on behalf of Ethiopia worries me.

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 31 Jul 2019, 16:46

Cigaqr,

I can't imagine why this issue should be a topic of discussion. Ethiopia will be busy for the next decade trying to hold together. Abiy is simply trying to galvanize an Ethiopian nationalist feeling with his grandiose ideas of navy and planting a billion trees projects. But htat, in my humble opinions, is not going to counter the deep Weyane seved poison of ethnic fragmentation that is under way, Ethiopian should concentrate on curing their illnesses and worry about a Navy not that much.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 31 Jul 2019, 17:36

Lamu port is also available. Kenya would lease or barter an island to Dr. Abiy,

So, Eritrea should compete and offer a better deal quick.