Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
justo

ተወሳኺ ሓበሬታ ንካርትማን ኣስትምህሮ ኸኣ ንመለኸት

Post by justo » 31 Jul 2019, 06:49

ከምቲ ኣቐዲመ ዝበልክዎ ናይ ቋንቋ ሕጊ ሰብ ኣይኮነን ዘውጽኦ። ቋንቋ organic እዩ። ናብ ዝጠዓሞ እዩ ዝኸይድ ከም ዉሕጅ። It respects facts on the ground more than it respects man-made rules.

It respects the human landscape, just like the river Nile or the Asmara - Massawa road respects the physical landscape of its surrounding. It would have been much shorter for Nile to flow along a straight line, but it has to organically negotiate with the physical landscape along its torturous way. Man can only modify the rules of language here and there, but most often man simply follows the zigzags that language itself has negotiated with the human condition.

ንኣብነት ምድቃስ ዝብል ቃል እሞ ንውሰድ ... ኣጣቓቕማ ናይዛ ቓል ናይ ሰብ ሕጊ ኣይኮነን ዝኽተል ... እንታይ ደኣ ናይ ተፈጥሮ ባህሪ

ምድቃስ ዝብል ቃል ኣብ ቆልዓን ኣብ ዓቢን ኣጣቓቕምኡ በበይኑ እዩ። ከምዚ ስለ ዝበልካ ከምዚ ትብል ዝበሃል ነገር የብሉን።

ንሕጻን ቆልዓ ተደቅሶ ••• ምኽንያቱ እቲ ዝበዝሕ ክፋል ናይቲ ስራሕ እቲ ወላዲ ስለ ዝገብሮ ••• ንዓቢ ግን ኣደቂሰዮ ኣይትብልን ኢኻ ••• ኣብ ቤት ማእሰርቲ ወያነ ንኣንዳርጋቻው ብበትሪ ሃሪሞም ኪድ ደቅስ ክብልዎ ይኽእሉ እዮም ••• ኣደቂሰናዮ ግን ክብሉ ኣይክእሉን እዮም ••• እቲ ዝበዝሕ ክፋል ባዕሉ ስለ ዝገብሮ ••• ኣብ ዓራት ኣትዩ እዉን ምድቃስ ክኣቢ ስለዝኽእል ••• መርፍእ ተወጊኦሞ ግን ኣደቂስናዮ ክብሉ ይኽእሉ እዮም። እቲ ዝበዝሕ ስራሕ ባዕሎም ስለዝገበርዎ።

ስለዚ ቋንቋ ከምዚ ስለ ዝበልካ ከምዚ በል ኣይበሃልን እዩ ••• ንፈለግ ኒል በዚ ኺድ ዝብል ከም መለስ ዜናዊ ጠልቃፍ ሰብ ጥራሕ እዩ ••• ንቋንቋ ኸኣ በዚ ኺድ ዝብል ከም መለኸት ጠልቃፍ ጥራሕ እዩ ••• ካርትማን እኳ ጠልቃፍ ኣይትመስልን ኢኻ ••• መለኸት ግን ጠልቃፍ ይመስል

Meleket

Re: ተወሳኺ ሓበሬታ ንካርትማን ኣስትምህሮ ኸኣ ንመለኸት

Post by Meleket » 31 Jul 2019, 07:45

ክቡር ኃወይ justo
ነቱይ ኣስተምህሮካ ከምቲ ግሩም ኣስተምህሮ ናይ Cartmann ብህድኣት ኣንቢበዮ(ነቢበዮ)፣ ኣመስግነካ ድማ።
justo wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 06:49
••• ንቋንቋ ኸኣ በዚ ኺድ ዝብል ከም መለኸት ጠልቃፍ ጥራሕ እዩ ••• ካርትማን እኳ ጠልቃፍ ኣይትመስልን ኢኻ ••• መለኸት ግን ጠልቃፍ ይመስል
ስኣን ምርድዳእና እምበር ኣነ "ንቋንቋ በዚ ኺድ" ኣይበልኩን፣ ብዘይፍላጠይ ቢለ እንተደኣ ኰይነ ግን ተጋግየ ኣሎኹ ማለት ኢዩ፣ እእረመሉ።

ስለቲ ልቦና ዝመልኦ ኣስተምህሮካን መኣረምታካን ስለዝሃብካኒ ደጊመ ኣመስግነካ።

Weyane.is.dead
Member+

Post by Weyane.is.dead » 31 Jul 2019, 09:04

I like melekets tigrigna. Even though i was born and raised in Asmara, i can perfectly understand his writing. Theres a flawed view that tigrigna isnt much sophisticated or doesnt follow proper grammar. I think brother meleket has proved the contrary. I enjoy reading your posts, though I may not agree with you, i still enjoy them. Same goes for brother cartman :mrgreen: brother justo i like your spposed counter argument but i think you guys are on the same page. The only difference is melekets tigrigna, to me sounds like an old tigrigna closer to geez. While brother justo uses modern Tigrigna we're used to hearing.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 31 Jul 2019, 09:52

Weyane.is.dead wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 09:04
I like melekets tigrigna. Even though i was born and raised in Asmara, i can perfectly understand his writing. Theres a flawed view that tigrigna isnt much sophisticated or doesnt follow proper grammar. I think brother meleket has proved the contrary. I enjoy reading your posts, though I may not agree with you, i still enjoy them. Same goes for brother cartman :mrgreen: brother justo i like your spposed counter argument but i think you guys are on the same page. The only difference is melekets tigrigna, to me sounds like an old tigrigna closer to geez. While brother justo uses modern Tigrigna we're used to hearing.
Leave us just,I mean respect it,what we speak in Mekelle is just Geez like.There are dialect speaking like us in Austria.One thing I know is that no Eritrean can speak our dialect unless he loves it and took the place as his own land.You don't blame them.Going back to the main point,this is the first time I left with out insulting this man Wejane.is.dead.

justo

Post by justo » 01 Aug 2019, 05:54

Degnet wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 09:52
Weyane.is.dead wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 09:04
Leave us just,I mean respect it,what we speak in Mekelle is just Geez like.There are dialect speaking like us in Austria.One thing I know is that no Eritrean can speak our dialect unless he loves it and took the place as his own land.You don't blame them.Going back to the main point,this is the first time I left with out insulting this man Wejane.is.dead.
Degdegu
We don't want to have any opinion of what you guys do in Mekelle, we would appreciate it if you were to adopt amharic as the official language of Tigrai, but short of that, we are indifferent to your destiny and autistic to your problems

Aurora

Post by Aurora » 01 Aug 2019, 11:08

Meleket is a deeper thinker when it comes to literature in Tigtigna. Cartman is very intelligent. Language is dynamic. It changes with the times. The struggle contributed immensely where the Italian and Arabic influences have been decreased and words I used to hear from my grandmother have been instituted back to Tigrigna a la Shabiya. She used to end her sentences with ezi wedehanka :lol: Jebha would have emphasized far more Arabic had it survived at the end.
Meleket's tigrigna blossomed in the early 1900's to 1930's. Another Eritrean great (Protestant) influence with the Eritrean legend, the great Tigrigna educator, none other than Woldeab Woldemariam taught sophisticated ltigrigna literature in Geza Kenisha that diverged from Tigrigna spoken in Tigray. Language is dynamic. Meleket's tigrigna is not everyday language Tigrigna. It belongs to literature. Colloquial tigrigna has been paired with rural and city speakers to a great length.

Cartmann

Post by Cartmann » 05 Aug 2019, 12:31

Brother justo,

I have no disagreement with the notion that language follows the natural course of men. In due process and with new developments words are omitted and added, grammatical structures are improved and so on. As you said it is not rigid. We know this for sure from practice. I think although we are in the same line, we seem to be lossing the point of our discussion. I was merely mentioning that 'ነቢበዮ' is archaic Tigrinya. If someone uses it, it doesn't mean that is wrong. That was my point. I mentioned this because, (if I am not mistaken) you associated the use of this word with the Tigrinya spoken in Tigray. I tried to give you examples of similar verbs of many words to elucidate what I meant. However, you have interpreted those examples as if I was arguing we should use that word following the examples. In the contrary, if you see my previous answer to Meleket, I said 'ዝጸሓፍካዮ ጽሑፍ ኣንቢበዮ' not 'ነቢበዮ'. So in that regard my Tigrinya is similar to yours (modern Tigrinya). I was just saying we should not judge someone's identity because he uses our archaic Tigrinya. The word is perfectly correct and classical. Otherwise, with regard to your contention that language follows the natural course of men, I can only agree. If you see my Tigrinya posts, I don't even use that word or other similar words for that matter. For instance I use 'ኢሉ'፣ 'ኢልና' ፣ 'ኢሎም' etc. This is modern Tigrinya. In classical Tigrinya which Meleket uses, the correct word is 'ቢሉ'፣ 'ቢልና'፣ 'ቢሎም' etc. The verb is 'በለ' and all the others are derivatives of this verb. Nonetheless, like you and brother Aurora said, because language is dynamic and modified by users, here we are using 'ኢሉ'. By the way, neither I nor Meleket said that that should be the only way. I only wanted to convince you that you recognize there are many ways to say it without the need to label a person who uses them.

justo wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 06:49
ከምቲ ኣቐዲመ ዝበልክዎ ናይ ቋንቋ ሕጊ ሰብ ኣይኮነን ዘውጽኦ። ቋንቋ organic እዩ። ናብ ዝጠዓሞ እዩ ዝኸይድ ከም ዉሕጅ። It respects facts on the ground more than it respects man-made rules.

It respects the human landscape, just like the river Nile or the Asmara - Massawa road respects the physical landscape of its surrounding. It would have been much shorter for Nile to flow along a straight line, but it has to organically negotiate with the physical landscape along its torturous way. Man can only modify the rules of language here and there, but most often man simply follows the zigzags that language itself has negotiated with the human condition.

ንኣብነት ምድቃስ ዝብል ቃል እሞ ንውሰድ ... ኣጣቓቕማ ናይዛ ቓል ናይ ሰብ ሕጊ ኣይኮነን ዝኽተል ... እንታይ ደኣ ናይ ተፈጥሮ ባህሪ

ምድቃስ ዝብል ቃል ኣብ ቆልዓን ኣብ ዓቢን ኣጣቓቕምኡ በበይኑ እዩ። ከምዚ ስለ ዝበልካ ከምዚ ትብል ዝበሃል ነገር የብሉን።

ንሕጻን ቆልዓ ተደቅሶ ••• ምኽንያቱ እቲ ዝበዝሕ ክፋል ናይቲ ስራሕ እቲ ወላዲ ስለ ዝገብሮ ••• ንዓቢ ግን ኣደቂሰዮ ኣይትብልን ኢኻ ••• ኣብ ቤት ማእሰርቲ ወያነ ንኣንዳርጋቻው ብበትሪ ሃሪሞም ኪድ ደቅስ ክብልዎ ይኽእሉ እዮም ••• ኣደቂሰናዮ ግን ክብሉ ኣይክእሉን እዮም ••• እቲ ዝበዝሕ ክፋል ባዕሉ ስለ ዝገብሮ ••• ኣብ ዓራት ኣትዩ እዉን ምድቃስ ክኣቢ ስለዝኽእል ••• መርፍእ ተወጊኦሞ ግን ኣደቂስናዮ ክብሉ ይኽእሉ እዮም። እቲ ዝበዝሕ ስራሕ ባዕሎም ስለዝገበርዎ።

ስለዚ ቋንቋ ከምዚ ስለ ዝበልካ ከምዚ በል ኣይበሃልን እዩ ••• ንፈለግ ኒል በዚ ኺድ ዝብል ከም መለስ ዜናዊ ጠልቃፍ ሰብ ጥራሕ እዩ ••• ንቋንቋ ኸኣ በዚ ኺድ ዝብል ከም መለኸት ጠልቃፍ ጥራሕ እዩ ••• ካርትማን እኳ ጠልቃፍ ኣይትመስልን ኢኻ ••• መለኸት ግን ጠልቃፍ ይመስል