Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

simbe11

Re: ዶ/ር ኤርሴዶ ለንደቦ የብሄር ብሄረሰብ ፖለቲካ የመንጋ ፖለቲካ ነው ! ድንቅ መሰማት ያለበት

Post by simbe11 » 29 Jul 2019, 10:59

Some of the things that he is saying is weird. He is a stiff supporter of the late king and he hates the Derg regime. Comparing Derg lead Ethiopia with EPRDF lead Ethiopia is not fair.
We know a there was discrimination during the majestic era that no one can deny. Those of you who went to Medihane-Alem high school know that there is a building call “balabat hintsa”. This building was meant to accommodate only student from the affluent family.
I agree with his view of the country though.

kibramlak

Post by kibramlak » 29 Jul 2019, 11:02

"የአንድን ብሄር አመለካከት የሀገር ህገ-መንግስት አድርጎ መውሰድ በጣም አስደንጋጭ ነው" - ዶ/ር ኤርሴዶ ለንደቦ

እንግዲህ መንጋዎቹ ሌላ ማሰብ ተስኗቸው ጠባብ ብሄርተኛው TPLF ለራሱ እንዲመቸው አድርጎ የፃፈውን ነው ህገ-መንግስት ብለው እሚከራከሩት ፣፣

እንደኔ ከሆነ በአሁኑ ሰአት ኢትዮጵያ በህገ-መንግስት ሳይሆን በህገ-ብሄር ነው እምትተዳደረው፣፣

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 29 Jul 2019, 13:30

simbe11 wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 10:59
Some of the things that he is saying is weird. He is a stiff supporter of the late king and he hates the Derg regime. Comparing Derg lead Ethiopia with EPRDF lead Ethiopia is not fair.
We know a there was discrimination during the majestic era that no one can deny. Those of you who went to Medihane-Alem high school know that there is a building call “balabat hintsa”. This building was meant to accommodate only student from the affluent family.
I don't know if there was 'discrmination during the majestic era'. Was there systematic discrimination?

simbe11

Post by simbe11 » 29 Jul 2019, 14:14

mitmitaye wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 13:30
simbe11 wrote:
We know a there was discrimination during the majestic era that no one can deny. Those of you who went to Medihane-Alem high school know that the ... t hintsa”.Medihane-Alem high school know that there is a building call “balabat hintsa”. This building was meant to accommodate only student from the affluent family.
I don't know if there was 'discrmination during the majestic era'. Was there systematic discrimination?
Medihane-Alem high school know that there is a building call “balabat hintsa”.

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 29 Jul 2019, 15:29

simbe11 wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 14:14
mitmitaye wrote:
simbe11 wrote:
We know a there was discrimination during the majestic era that no one can deny. Those of you who went to Medihane-Alem high school know that the ... t hintsa”.Medihane-Alem high school know that there is a building call “balabat hintsa”. This building was meant to accommodate only student from the affluent family.
The link you posted doesn't work. Why don't you tell me about the 'balabat hintsa'? Also, don't you think that, it's wrong to judge the entire era of his Majesty Haile Sellasie based on one high school story? Was there institutionalized discremnation? :roll: :roll:
Last edited by mitmitaye on 29 Jul 2019, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

simbe11

Post by simbe11 » 29 Jul 2019, 19:32

Ya. balabat hintsa is located in Medhane-alme high school. It's meant to house those students from affluent family. Only "Yebalabat lijoch" were suppose to enjoy that section of the school. If you were from an ordinary family, you will not be admitted there. If that's not discrimination, what is?
mitmitaye wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 15:29
simbe11 wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 14:14
mitmitaye wrote:
simbe11 wrote:
The link you posted doesn't work. Why don't you tell me about the 'balabat hintsa'? Also, don't you think that, it's wrong to judge the entire era of his Majesty Haile Sellasie based on one high school story? Was there institutionalized discremnation? :roll: :roll:

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 30 Jul 2019, 05:07

Ya. balabat hintsa is located in Medhane-alme high school. It's meant to house those students from affluent family. Only "Yebalabat lijoch" were suppose to enjoy that section of the school. If you were from an ordinary family, you will not be admitted there. If that's not discrimination, what is?

Again, based on the so called 'balabat hintsa' at that school, you can't conclude 'the majestic era system was discremnatary'. Was there a written law that discriminate between yebalabt lijoch and ordinary Ethiopians on getting education?? And was there 'yebalabat hintsa' in every school?

The fact is, yebalabat lijoch were the last population to attend schools. Since the starting of western education, majority students in Ethiopia were, yegebere, yeserategna, 'yedeha' lijoch ... And if yebalabt lijoch wanted to separate themselves from the ordinary students, it was in no way a reflection of his majesty's 'discriminatory' rule. BTW, most royal members and rich kids had have a very different school experience anywhere in the world to this day. Even here in the west, rich kids have special treatment and clubs that ordinary students will not be part of :idea: :idea:

His majesty Haile Selassie's rule was never known as a 'discriminatory rule'. On the contrary, majority minsters who served the country under the king were not yebalabat lijoch, they were ordinary educated Ethiopians :idea: :idea: That should tell you that EDUCATION in Ethiopia was for all not just lebalabat lijoch. There was no discremnation that omit the ordinary citzines to get education. That's a fact and the official rule😉😉

To lable his Majesty 40+ years rule as a known 'discriminatory rule' is simply ignorant!! Alubalta and hatered will not change history. He's remembered as the last great king of Ethiopia!!

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Re: ዶ/ር ኤርሴዶ ለንደቦ የብሄር ብሄረሰብ ፖለቲካ የመንጋ ፖለቲካ ነው ! ድንቅ መሰማት ያለበት የፖለቲካ ፈላስፋ ሃኪም

Post by Ethoash » 30 Jul 2019, 06:50

Dr. ኤርሴዶ ለንደቦ

አያውቅም ውይ አማሮች ወላሞዎች እንደሚሉት። አፍንጫ ደፍጣጣ በነሱ ቤት አስቀያሚ ማለት ነው ሲያዩ ወላሞ ትመስላለች ይላሉ። ባርያሚ ንግድ የተጦጦፈው በወላሞዎቹ ላይ ነበር። አማሮች የወላይታን ጥበብ ወስደው የአበሻ ባህል ይሉታል ግን ጥበቡን የሚስራውን ሸማኔ ክር ክንካሽ ብለው ይስድቡታል ።።። እድሜ ለወርቃማዎቹ ትግሬዎች ወላይታውችን {ሀይለማርያም ደሳለኝ} ለንጉስነት አበቁ ታድያ ይህ ንጉስ ስራ ፈቱን ቡዳ አማራ ሄዳቹሁ ወርቅ እፈሱ በስፌድ ብቻ ታግዛቹሁ ቢላቸው ሚሳለቅያ አደረጉት ። ነገር ግን ይህ የወላይታ ንጉስ ልክ ነበር ወርቅ ይታፈሳል ላወቀበት ስው።

let mr.Parker Schnabel show them how it is done.. panning and look ሰፌዱን ። ስፌድ ድግሞ በተሻለ መንገድ ወርቁን ይለይልሀል

ይህ ደግሞ እንዴት ውንፊት ማምጣት እንዳለበህ የሚያሳይ ነው።

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 30 Jul 2019, 09:15

Up until the 60s, humans hadn’t walked on the moon; women were not seen as equal to men; USA was in turmoil with civil rights movement; part of Africa was still colonized and blacks in general were enslaved. So what’s is the big deal if Ethiopian royalties were housed in a separate building? Do the kids of our recent leaders go to the same school as yours? I don’t think you can even see them.
simbe11 wrote:

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 30 Jul 2019, 09:45

I did not attend Medhanlem high school ; I attended Teferi Mekonen high school. I did not know about the “ balabet Hinsa,” but I had issue the way it was characterized. Balabet is one of the Amharic word primarily used to describe land owning class. There is nothing wrong to name the building as such. But do not tell me only the children of the Balebats were allowed to that building. Please, I grew up in Addis. One might tell such a story to Halafi or Abebe b, or Ethoash and can be believed. But to those of us who grew up in Addis, we did not have to attend Medahnalem to know this is nonsense.

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 30 Jul 2019, 11:57

yes,things were very different around the time of the reign of the king both at home and around the world.this is what the savage gallas and the narrow minded Tigre's find hard to swallow. They are forever blaming the Amhras for their political existence than admit the relevant facts that existed in Ethiopia and international politics of the time.
Balabatas were not exclusively Amhara the feudal system affected the majority irrespective of their ethnic background.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 30 Jul 2019, 12:28

Tiago wrote:
30 Jul 2019, 11:57
yes,things were very different around the time of the reign of the king both at home and around the world.this is what the savage gallas Oromo and the narrow minded Tigre's find hard to swallow. They are forever blaming the Amhras for their political existence than admit the relevant facts that existed in Ethiopia and international politics of the time.
Balabatas were not exclusively Amhara the feudal system affected the majority irrespective of their ethnic background.
Tiago,

Most "Balabats" around Addis Ababa were Oromo; Not only that, the largest "balabat" during HIM time was the Jote family; they owned most land in Ethiopia; they were Oromo family. Achameleh Tamiru has done the research and no one can dispute it.

Anyone who was born in Addis Ababa should know who owned most land in and around the city during HIM time. So, the claim of Oromo owning Addis Ababa is not unfounded however, the Shoa Oromo is mixed and don't have anything to do with those crazy selfish AA "kegna, kegna!" the selfish came from the periphery areas.

simbe11

Post by simbe11 » 30 Jul 2019, 14:47

I see your point. We should put the grain on the same measurement used when it's cultivated. True in general. But that doesn't stop us from saying what happened then had actually happened. That way we learn from our past mistakes.
Otherwise, gold painting the majestic era try to hide the evil it did will not help us.
After all, what the regime did was the reason its gone.
Selam/ wrote:
30 Jul 2019, 09:15
Up until the 60s, humans hadn’t walked on the moon; women were not seen as equal to men; USA was in turmoil with civil rights movement; part of Africa was still colonized and blacks in general were enslaved. So what’s is the big deal if Ethiopian royalties were housed in a separate building? Do the kids of our recent leaders go to the same school as yours? I don’t think you can even see them.
simbe11 wrote:

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 30 Jul 2019, 15:34

I see your point. We should put the grain on the same measurement used when it's cultivated. True in general. But that doesn't stop us from saying what happened then had actually happened. That way we learn from our past mistakes.
Otherwise, gold painting the majestic era try to hide the evil it did will not help us.
You are entitled to your opinion but facts are facts. It will not change the fact that, his Majesty Haile-Sellasie will be remembered as the last great king of Ethiopia for generations to come 8) 8) 8)

Perhaps you should give it a chance for Dr Arsedo Lendebo :idea: Learn a tiny bit about Ethiopia & Ethiopians under his majesty's rule..And this is not berie wolde teret teret but facts.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 30 Jul 2019, 15:45

mitmitaye wrote:
30 Jul 2019, 05:07

Again, based on the so called 'balabat hintsa' at that school, you can't conclude 'the majestic era system was discremnatary'. Was there a written law that discriminate between yebalabt lijoch and ordinary Ethiopians on getting education?? And was there 'yebalabat hintsa' in every school?

The fact is, yebalabat lijoch were the last population to attend schools. Since the starting of western education, majority students in Ethiopia were, yegebere, yeserategna, 'yedeha' lijoch ... And if yebalabt lijoch wanted to separate themselves from the ordinary students, it was in no way a reflection of his majesty's 'discriminatory' rule. BTW, most royal members and rich kids had have a very different school experience anywhere in the world to this day. Even here in the west, rich kids have special treatment and clubs that ordinary students will not be part of :idea: :idea:

His majesty Haile Selassie's rule was never known as a 'discriminatory rule'. On the contrary, majority minsters who served the country under the king were not yebalabat lijoch, they were ordinary educated Ethiopians :idea: :idea: That should tell you that EDUCATION in Ethiopia was for all not just lebalabat lijoch. There was no discremnation that omit the ordinary citzines to get education. That's a fact and the official rule😉😉

To lable his Majesty 40+ years rule as a known 'discriminatory rule' is simply ignorant!! Alubalta and hatered will not change history. He's remembered as the last great king of Ethiopia!!

Yehe hulu eko alalem

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 30 Jul 2019, 15:49

Ethoash wrote:
30 Jul 2019, 06:50
Dr. ኤርሴዶ ለንደቦ

አያውቅም ውይ አማሮች ወላሞዎች እንደሚሉት። አፍንጫ ደፍጣጣ በነሱ ቤት አስቀያሚ ማለት ነው ሲያዩ ወላሞ ትመስላለች ይላሉ። ባርያሚ ንግድ የተጦጦፈው በወላሞዎቹ ላይ ነበር። አማሮች የወላይታን ጥበብ ወስደው የአበሻ ባህል ይሉታል ግን ጥበቡን የሚስራውን ሸማኔ ክር ክንካሽ ብለው ይስድቡታል ።።። እድሜ ለወርቃማዎቹ ትግሬዎች ወላይታውችን {ሀይለማርያም ደሳለኝ} ለንጉስነት አበቁ ታድያ ይህ ንጉስ ስራ ፈቱን ቡዳ አማራ ሄዳቹሁ ወርቅ እፈሱ በስፌድ ብቻ ታግዛቹሁ ቢላቸው ሚሳለቅያ አደረጉት ። ነገር ግን ይህ የወላይታ ንጉስ ልክ ነበር ወርቅ ይታፈሳል ላወቀበት ስው።

let mr.Parker Schnabel show them how it is done.. panning and look ሰፌዱን ። ስፌድ ድግሞ በተሻለ መንገድ ወርቁን ይለይልሀል

ይህ ደግሞ እንዴት ውንፊት ማምጣት እንዳለበህ የሚያሳይ ነው።

Ebakehen ereft sten letekem bleh atawarden/melkam are'est siabelash/le awaki sew eko chube new

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 30 Jul 2019, 16:38

Sure, we should talk about it but responsibly and comprehensively because the evils of intemperance are more dangerous than anything we’ve ever seen. Oftentimes most of our elites back pedal a century or so to pick and choose just a portion of our history for a wicked purpose, not really to learn from it. On the flip side, there are those elites who don’t want you to mention any past mistakes. You don’t need to go back 50 years. Just see how woyane rats are reacting to criticism.
simbe11 wrote:
30 Jul 2019, 14:47
Selam/ wrote:
30 Jul 2019, 09:15
simbe11 wrote: