Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Some of the Amhara names are incredible???

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 27 Jul 2019, 19:49

It is a mysterious thing why her parents named her as "Yet Nebersh"???

What are they implying to???

Were they praying for good but it had been so long God to give them what they wanted the way she was born to name her "Yetnebersh"???

If I were here at her age on this picture and would have replied to my parents like this........... fill the blank.

Last edited by Halafi Mengedi on 27 Jul 2019, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Ebalalehu

Re: Some of the Amhara names are incredible???

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 27 Jul 2019, 20:19

That is a great name, Halafi. They were just dreaming to have a girl, and maybe they had a half dozen boys instead, but not a single girl. When they finally got her they named her “yetnebersh.” Meaning all the years we were dreaming of having you.

Thomas H

Post by Thomas H » 27 Jul 2019, 21:55

I know one Amhara family and so far they have 3 children and twins are also on the way.The parents decided to give their kids the following names : BEEDILU(በድሉ) for their first kid because they didn't and still they don`t have enough money to raise this child and they gave the name ASCHENAKI (አስጨናቂ)to the second child because life was and still is extremely hard for them and they gave the third child the name YIBEKAL(ይበቃል) because it is too much for them to handle their miserable life and the parents said enough is enough,but now twins are on the way and I will update the distinguished ER forumers once I know the names of the twins.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 27 Jul 2019, 22:23

Thomas H wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 21:55
I know one Amhara family and so far they have 3 children and twins are also on the way.The parents decided to give their kids the following names : BEEDILU(በድሉ) for their first kid because they didn't and still they don`t have enough money to raise this child and they gave the name ASCHENAKI (አስጨናቂ)to the second child because life was and still is extremely hard for them and they gave the third child the name YIBEKAL(ይበቃል) because it is too much for them to handle their miserable life and the parents said enough is enough,but now twins are on the way and I will update the distinguished ER forumers once I know the names of the twins.
if the twines are male and female, for the male "Yaltetera chigr" for the Female "Yaltebeq'nat Limena"

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 27 Jul 2019, 22:50

Wait a minute Thomas H I got it now:

Today is Saturday, she is clearly from Gojjam/Thomas H and Gojjame, God mercy??? And she is the most vulnerable as soon as you touch any part of her body including her hand it is a done deal by her. This is the reason interested you to respond.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 27 Jul 2019, 22:58