Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: ኦሮሞ አገር ይገነባል፣ አማረ ውሬ ይሰንቃል

Post by DefendTheTruth » 28 Jul 2019, 12:57

mitmitaye wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 12:35
Defend opdo?,

The video was posted to educate you with a bit of your history.. perhaps you should listen to it before you jump to echoing 'a high ranking official.. bere wolede tirikit' :idea: :idea:

We don't buy some LFs propoganda berie welede teret teret. Our history is recorded by Ethiopians, foreign historians, travelers and eye witnesses.. Which we are digging now! Thanks for the fanatics that brought our attention to it.

We have 'opened the Pandora box'. There is no turning back! We are exposing your 'bere welede tirikit'.. :mrgreen:

Keep cool and just concentrate on answering the quesiton, your resort to name calling shows something else here.

How are you labelling an accusation against the current government and start to substantiate the same accusation with a scene from centuries back? Just explain your logic and discuss the issues.

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 28 Jul 2019, 13:56

Defend..

Again I was not trying to 'substantiate' that video to accuse the current government. Stop twisting my words. The video was posted to educate YOU with a bit of your history.... perhaps you should listen to it before you jump to echoing 'a high ranking official.. bere wolede tirikit' let me break it down.. when you wrote 'berie welede tirikit' I assume you are trying to dismiss history of Berara-addis Aba. Isn't it? I have heard it not from 'official' but Oromo artist on LTV interview with Betty. Wherever you heard it, you don't just spit it out unless you agree with it.

Baladera mikir bet is challenging the government using its right in a peaceful manner. Demanding Addis should elect it's own mayor. Is that not their right? What seems to be the problem? Do they not have a right to elect their own mayor & representatives?

Also, what about special TiQim for Oromiya. Should there be? What our activists demanding is the government to work for all by the rule of law. What seems to be the problem? It seems that you want to silence them.. look you are entitled to your own opinion but do not expect us to sit idle. Respect!

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 28 Jul 2019, 14:03

mitmitaye wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 13:56
Defend..

Baladera mikir bet is challenging the government using its right in a peaceful manner. Demanding Addis should elect it's own mayor. Is that not their right? What seems to be the problem? Do they not have a right to elect their own mayor & representatives?
dear mitmitaye, unlike DDT, I agree with u the Addis Ababa mayor must be elected. but who elected Baladera, who elected Dr. birr the owner of Gim 7. in fact who elected all opp. party leader .. if u want to accused someone ur hand must be clear of the same crime..if Baladera accused the AA mayor not elected then he should be elected.

second is not one year left for election why not Baladera wait for election instead of declaring himself Baladera what the fk it mean Baladera who make him Baladera r u joking me.

in fact which party who lived in USA ELECTED Their leader can u name one..

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 28 Jul 2019, 14:09

It's in the country law that residents can appoint their representatives to voice for them hence the name Baladera😉. That's an Ethiopian law. Nothing to do with the USA.

Baladera is not seeking a seat they are demanding the law should be respected. Addis should elect it's own mayor. They have repeatedly said they are not interested in running the country. They are there to make sure Addis has its own mayor.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 28 Jul 2019, 14:24

mitmitaye wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 14:09
It's in the country law that residents can appoint their representatives to voice for them hence the name Baladera😉. That's an Ethiopian law. Nothing to do with the USA.

Baladera is not seeking a seat they are demanding the law should be respected. Addis should elect it's own mayor. They have repeatedly said they are not interested in running the country. They are there to make sure Addis has its own mayor.
what is it, u dont understand what Baladera mean ባላ አደራ ማነው አደራ የስጣቸው። እንደዚህ ከሆነ እኮ ጁሀርም አንድ ስብስባ ጠርቶ እዛ ውስጥ ያሉት ሰዎች ከመረቱን እኔም ባላሀደራ ነኝ ማለት ይችላል። ይህ እኮ ማቆሚያ የለውም። ማንም ዱርዬ እየተነሳ ባላአደራ ነኝ ማለት ይቻላል ማለት ነው ይምርጫ ቦርድ ያለወቀው ባላደር እኛ አናውቅም።

ይህስ እሺ የአዲስባባ ከንቲባ በምርጫ አልተመረጠም እንበል ታድያ እንዴት ነው የሚመረጠው ምርጫው ግዜ ሳይደርስ ነው ውይ የሚመረጠው። ግዜው ሲደርስ ምርጫው ይካሄዳል አለቀ ደቀቀ። አሁን እንኮን ተክለን ጎማ አንቀይረው ቢባል የሚመጣው ከንቲባ ለአንድ አመት ብቻ ነው ውይ የሚያስተዳደረው። ተክለ ጎማ ደስ ስለሚለኝ ነው ቅፅል ስሙ። እስቲ ይህንን መልስልኝና ሌላ እናወራለን

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 28 Jul 2019, 14:37

Ethoash,

Adera yestachew hizbu nw! They have thousands signatures. They are organizing according to the rule. So you can debate with eprdf why that so😉

Baladera is demanding takele uma can not make decisions regarding liyu TiQim for Oromiya and change the demographic and territory of addis..major changes regarding Addis should be when Addis elect it's own representatives!

Takele uma appointment was politica. He supposed to leave in June/July.. anyway, Addis abans have every right to organize themselves and appoint someone to voice their concern. They are not demanding the seat for themselves. They are there for checks & balances.. That's what a democratic societies do.

Who appointed [deleted] right leaders to voice their concern to the government? Here in USA? [deleted] people not political parties!

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 28 Jul 2019, 14:42

Ethoash,

Adera yestachew hizbu nw! They have thousands signatures. They are organizing according to the rule. So you can debate with eprdf why that so😉

Baladera is demanding takele uma can not make decisions regarding liyu TiQim for Oromiya and change the demographic and territory of addis..major changes regarding Addis should be when Addis elect it's own representatives!

Takele uma appointment was politica. He supposed to leave in June/July.. anyway, Addis abans have every right to organize themselves and appoint someone to voice their concern. They are not demanding the seat for themselves. They are there for checks & balances.. That's what a democratic societies do.

Who appointed gayy right leaders to voice their concern to the government? Here in USA? Gayy people not political parties!

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 28 Jul 2019, 14:49

mitmitaye wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 14:37
Ethoash,

Baladera i
in some major Western county u have only 36 day of campaign period, and 45 days for municipal councilors and district representatives ...

tell me if President Mame Mame have to call a meeting ? and even telling the mayor what to do because he is elected by 1000 signature

Dawi

Re: ኦሮሞ አገር ይገነባል፣ አማረ ውሬ ይሰልቃል

Post by Dawi » 28 Jul 2019, 16:41

DefendTheTruth wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 04:58
Dawi,

anyhow why did you avoid to answer the question about if you have participated in planting the tree initiative?

Could you say yes or no?
Defend,

I live in the US so I can't physically participate in tree planting however, if I lived there I would. I have participated in diaspora fund and shall continue doing that.

I am worried of the curtailing of the rights of Eskinder/Ermias but, have not given up on Dr. Abiy's government.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 28 Jul 2019, 16:45

mitmitaye wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 13:56
Defend..

Again I was not trying to 'substantiate' that video to accuse the current government. Stop twisting my words. The video was posted to educate YOU with a bit of your history.... perhaps you should listen to it before you jump to echoing 'a high ranking official.. bere wolede tirikit' let me break it down.. when you wrote 'berie welede tirikit' I assume you are trying to dismiss history of Berara-addis Aba. Isn't it? I have heard it not from 'official' but Oromo artist on LTV interview with Betty. Wherever you heard it, you don't just spit it out unless you agree with it.

Also, what about special TiQim for Oromiya. Should there be? What our activists demanding is the government to work for all by the rule of law. What seems to be the problem? It seems that you want to silence them.. look you are entitled to your own opinion but do not expect us to sit idle. Respect!
Let me reply for the last time.

Now it is me who is twisting your words, I am lost, I thought I was talking with someone who is aware of what she is talking about.

The following what you wrote:

"
Why would I denounce people and activists for standing up against a government who is playing politics as usual? Thier fight is peaceful and legal! Unlike jawar and his buchilas who is threatening Ethiopians with Mecha? And claiming everything kegna kegna.. Did you denounce that? Did you denounce the killings of other Ethiopians in oromiya kilil.. do you really think fanatic oromos are preaching justice for all?

We'll challenge this government if it's not living up to its promise- treating Ethiopians equally as the leader of the country😉
I cited some instances where the so called Oromo activists are trying to contribute towards the betterment of the country, while those of their counterparts from the Amhara side are tirelessily repeating again and again about their "Bere Wolede" trikit, you seem to be unsettled about it if someone tells you about it. But why?
Please tell us about what's this 'berie wolede.. tirikit' coming from Amara activists before demanding me to denounce.

Anyway, it's easy to brush the truth with such ignorant statement but it'll not change the fact that the 'berie wolede..' teret teret been actually coming from OLF , TPLF and their CHifras at the expense of Amara, and the rest of Ethiopians. We have every right to put the facts straight!!

Is this teret teret :?: :oops: :oops:
The government is playing politics as usual, in your own words, and tried to present a video and paraphrased it with the question "Is this teret teret?"

Now you were suddenly "not trying to 'substantiate' that video to accuse the current government" which is not teret teret, according to your own words.

Your problem and that of your associates is trying to defend something that is indefensible, that is why you were driving yourself into an impasse, on your own.

For the record, I have said that the current government is not the perfect one for my taste (as a citizen) because they have some incompetent actors in themselves and perhaps widespread corruption culprits even when some of the actors are brobably free of these charges. Still they are the better alternative for the country in my view. There is no other better option for the country right now on the scene.

That is why I support them, if you would like to call my comments here as supporting this government. Other than the comment here, please be informed that I have no any other association with the government, I am far from the scene of the happenings on the ground.

I still oppose the actions of the entity calling itself ABN, because it seems to me to be filled with actors who are hell-bent on grabbing the power at all means, which will certainly drive the country into another round of chaoes.

You can of course argue differently.

For the record you claimed to oppose a government against which you could not present any factual reason to substantiate your opposition, perhaps except the claim of your associates which said "they have contributed a lion's share towards creating and sustainging Ethiopia" and as such wishins to have more (better than the rest) share in the role of building the government that should run the affairs of the country.

Mengedun cherk yerglachiw iski!

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: ኦሮሞ አገር ይገነባል፣ አማረ ውሬ ይሰልቃል

Post by DefendTheTruth » 28 Jul 2019, 17:12

Dawi wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 16:41
DefendTheTruth wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 04:58
Dawi,

anyhow why did you avoid to answer the question about if you have participated in planting the tree initiative?

Could you say yes or no?
Defend,

I live in the US so I can't physically participate in tree planting however, if I lived there I would. I have participated in diaspora fund and shall continue doing that.

I am worried of the curtailing of the rights of Eskinder/Ermias but, have not given up on Dr. Abiy's government.
I am not aware of the curtailing of the rights of Eskinder/Ermias, you may know better than me. They started the fight and went on to even call on the citizens of the country to withhold or withdraw they support for the diaspora trust fund initiative in the name of freedom.

Holding a government accountable to the citizen's demands and wishes is one thing, but calling on the citizen to withhold the effort towards development of the country and betterment of the livelihoods of its citzens is a totally different thing, and that is what I wanted to raise here.

With regard to tree planting, this is not a gift to the government, or just heeding to the call of the PM, but it is a noble idea to try to contribute toward the sustainability of our country in terms of its natural environmental.

You don't have to plant the trees on someone else's plots you can do on your own family's plots, on your streets, on the schools where your family members are attending now or you yourself attended once, or many other similar plots of land that is owned by your own associate (as far as the plot is anywhere in Ethiopia) and by doing so, you would participate in the effort of making Ethiopia green again (ashara maseraf). It must be refreshing to be part of a green initiative of one's own country and motivate others to do the same towards the same goal, even when you might not be an advocate of the current government and its policies. This is about raising an awareness about the environment we all share and many of us take for granted, while it is not.

An out right opposition towards such an initiative must be something I am missing to understand.

Own the country first and then you will also defend it in the right way, because you have paid for it already in some ways, in my view.

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 28 Jul 2019, 17:41

mitmitaye wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 11:41
expect Oromos to rule for the next 5 years, in my view they shouldn't rule for even 2 years (1 year is already over now) IF they don't make it better. [media]Replacing those in power to just be in power is not my conviction, but it seems that is of yours[/media].
Agree! If they don't make it better they should leave.. I do not 'expect' them to rule for five years. I simply stated the fact that they will not last five years if they continue this road.. 'ye Oromo mengist' mantra😉
Replacing those in power to just be in power is not my conviction, but it seems that is of yours.
Neither mine!

Anyway, what make you think I stand for such puppet system? Isn't it why we are demanding fairness from the new leadership? And voicing our concern? Which you are trying to silence? You are contradicting yourself here.

BTW, your thread, titled "ኦሮሞ አገር ይገነባል፣ አማረ ውሬ ይሰንቃል" we heard that from woyane too. Deja Vu :oops:
The first thing you should have denounced for your own credibility would have been distancing yourself from the moral debacle some people in the name of Amhara activism brought on themselves.
Why would I denounce people and activists for standing up against a government who is playing politics as usual? Thier fight is peaceful and legal! Unlike jawar and his buchilas who is threatening Ethiopians with Mecha? And claiming everything kegna kegna.. Did you denounce that? Did you denounce the killings of other Ethiopians in oromiya kilil.. do you really think fanatic oromos are preaching justice for all?

We'll challenge this government if it's not living up to its promise- treating Ethiopians equally as the leader of the country😉
I cited some instances where the so called Oromo activists are trying to contribute towards the betterment of the country, while those of their counterparts from the Amhara side are tirelessily repeating again and again about their "Bere Wolede" trikit, you seem to be unsettled about it if someone tells you about it. But why?
Please tell us about what's this 'berie wolede.. tirikit' coming from Amara activists before demanding me to denounce.

Anyway, it's easy to brush the truth with such ignorant statement but it'll not change the fact that the 'berie wolede..' teret teret been actually coming from OLF , TPLF and their CHifras at the expense of Amara, and the rest of Ethiopians. We have every right to put the facts straight!!

Is this teret teret
:?: :oops: :oops:
:oops:

Becarful! Ayit Motuan sitsha sitabeza eruCHa.. endayhone.. We have tolerated the lies far too long..

Asa gorguari zendo yawetal...

Hmm...let me breaking it down, again🙃 read the paragraph underlined & in bold.. the video link was a mirQat exposing your lies about history , and of course, the crul Oromo territorial expansion.. yet blame it all on Amara and still wanting to claim more land😜 :mrgreen: 😠 BilT liJ dabown yizo YaleQsal :oops:

We are tired of your lies -- Amara took Oromo land, Amara forced us to speak amarigna, Amara didn't plant a tree when 'ruling Ethiopia uninterrupted for 150 years..' we were pushed by 'yemenilk sefari.. blah blah blah... all fables & propoganda by LFs. Now we can debate with facts!

The bottom line, we are not going to take a back seat when you claim Addis Ababa. End of story!!

P.S. quote me properly😉

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 28 Jul 2019, 17:54

For the record you claimed to oppose a government against which you could not present any factual reason to substantiate your opposition, perhaps except the claim of your associates which said "they have contributed a lion's share towards creating and sustainging Ethiopia" and as such wishins to have more (better than the rest) share in the role of building the government that should run the affairs of the country.
For the record, I didn't claim to oppose the government. I oppose the government's action. Big difference! If the government respects the rule of law then I don't have a problem with it.

I oppose the inaction of the government in burayu, awasa, gedeo.. I oppose it when it arrested journalists activists and it's citzines for voicing their rights... Striping the rights of Addis abans to elect their own mayor.. or to appoint Addis abebe till the next election.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 30 Mar 2024, 16:35

እንዲህም ብለን ነበር፣ ከዛሬ 5 አመት በፊት፣ ሳሚ አጣን እንጂ።

ሰሚ ይጥፋ እንጂ፣ አባባሉ 100% ትክክል ሆኖ ተገኝቶዋል፤ ወደድክም ጠላህም።

ኦሮሞ አገር ይገነባል፣ አማራ ወሬ ይሰልቃል፣ በአማሪኛ ችግር ነበር ይሰንቃል ያልኩት፣ ማለት የፈለኩት ይሰልቃል ነበር፣ ዛሬ ነዉ የታወቀኝ።

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 30 Mar 2024, 16:43

ስዩም ተሾመም ነገሩ ቆይቶ ነዉ የታወቀዉ፣ እኔ ከዛሬ 5 አመት በፊት ያልኩትን እሱ ዛሬ ገና በመስረጃ አስታኮ አሳየ፣ ትልቁ ፕሮጀክት ትንሽ ሆኖ ቀረ ብሎ፣ ትንንሾቹ ቀድሞት ሄዱ ና።

Abere

Post by Abere » 30 Mar 2024, 18:47

በደንብ ይገነባል እንጅ hahaha