Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Official: Deheden is dead watch bright leader from Wolaytta

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 26 Jul 2019, 21:02

Last edited by Halafi Mengedi on 26 Jul 2019, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Ebalalehu

Re: Official: Deheden is dead watch bright leader of Wolaytta

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 26 Jul 2019, 21:55

Halafi, the TPLF politicians have never been concerned for the demands of Ethiopians. They always believed — they do not admit it publicly — the active politicians of any ethnic group represent the voices of the masses. In other words the masses just simply take orders from the politicians. These characteristics of TPLF became more apparent after they were kicked out of Aratkilo. Remember the welcome the OLF politicians got from Sebhat and company when they returned from Asmara. In Sebhat political calculation all Oromos will take orders from OLF. It did not happen that way. Sometimes they relied upon a single individual, example ,the former Ethiopian Somali president. The Axumawi kind of politics in Amhara region, talking about kimants, agews and so on seems to subside down now. There is a slim chance of stirring unrest there. The new darlings of the TPLF happen to be those who live in the south. Halafi, take my word. That will die down too.You know why? It is Ethiopians who will decide their future, not opportunist politicians who aspire to make a living on their misery.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Re: Official: Deheden is dead watch bright leader of Wolaytta

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 26 Jul 2019, 23:37

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 21:55
Halafi, the TPLF politicians have never been concerned for the demands of Ethiopians. They always believed — they do not admit it publicly — the active politicians of any ethnic group represent the voices of the masses. In other words the masses just simply take orders from the politicians. These characteristics of TPLF became more apparent after they were kicked out of Aratkilo. Remember the welcome the OLF politicians got from Sebhat and company when they returned from Asmara. In Sebhat political calculation all Oromos will take orders from OLF. It did not happen that way. Sometimes they relied upon a single individual, example ,the former Ethiopian Somali president. The Axumawi kind of politics in Amhara region, talking about kimants, agews and so on seems to subside down now. There is a slim chance of stirring unrest there. The new darlings of the TPLF happen to be those who live in the south. Halafi, take my word. That will die down too.You know why? It is Ethiopians who will decide their future, not opportunist politicians who aspire to make a living on their misery.
If listen the full interview with this articulate Wolaytta representative, for sure you learned something about the wolaytta determination to kilil.

Sam Ebalalehu

Re: Official: Deheden is dead watch bright leader from Wolaytta

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 27 Jul 2019, 01:04

I heard the interview, not entirely, but I just sized him up pretty fast. Yes, he was saying the whole Welayta have favored killel. He was lying. He had no way of knowing that. I know there will be referendum about the killel issue, and we will know what the Sidamas, the Welytas think about that.
It was disheartening however to see in the region where dozens of ethnics have lived side by side peacefully together for centuries that the killel issue has been given paramount importance.It is not going to happen, but even the process the south had been going through now I admit was painful.

Sam Ebalalehu

Re: Official: Deheden is dead watch bright leader from Wolaytta

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 27 Jul 2019, 01:04

I heard the interview, not entirely, but I just sized him up pretty fast. Yes, he was saying the whole Welayta have favored killel. He was lying. He had no way of knowing that. I know there will be referendum about the killel issue, and we will know what the Sidamas, the Welytas think about that.
It was disheartening however to see in the region where dozens of ethnics have lived side by side peacefully together for centuries that the killel issue has been given paramount importance.It is not going to happen, but even the process the south had been going through now I admit was painful.