Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth

"Why do people think that I am Ethiopian? How do Ethiopians look like?"

Post by DefendTheTruth » 26 Jul 2019, 13:10

"Maybe because you love injera soo much?

Or - maybe because you’re nice and polite - warm, kind and caring, yet very proud of your country? ^)^

Or - maybe as mentioned by Rediet Feyisa's answer to Why do people think that I am Ethiopian? How do Ethiopians look like? - you just look like them?

I only spent less than a year there, but the generosity, kindness, and culture of the Ethiopian will always be in my heart - I will never forget that.

As it is very hard to take pictures of people there, I only got some shots (from Addis and Semera) - that I can share in this post, on how the Ethiopian looks like.

I hope there are many Ethiopian here in Quora that can share their cultures and experiences (not to mention their foods as well) here…"

Cigar

Re: "Why do people think that I am Ethiopian? How do Ethiopians look like?"

Post by Cigar » 26 Jul 2019, 13:28

Where are the pictures of the 80% ethiopians who have plates in their lips, walking bare bu*tts horns in their heads and the pictures where they are marginalized by woyane regime, so much so they drink water alongside their herds in dirty lakes and rivers.
Man get the f**k out.
Every country got the beautiful the ugly and the bad.
So when you mention what ever catagory might be, take the average of that particular catagory.
Now if we are to talk about beauty catagory and take the average of it, Eritreans are the most beautiful people not only in Africa but in the world.
In other words, if the highest IQed person is Mongolian, that doesn't mean the Mongolians are the highest IQed people.
Or one can't not cherry pick things and make it as if it represents the whole population.
Not a hate thing.
Just a fact.

DefendTheTruth

Post by DefendTheTruth » 26 Jul 2019, 13:40

Shabo,

why are you so angery?

The author of the short message just expressed his/her view and I quoted him/her here. There is nowhere a mention of comparing Ethiopia and Eritrea in this short message.

If you like to have him give his impression about Eritrea as well, then simply invite him to your country and let's see if your bragging holds water in the eyes of a third party.

Be kenat atekatel, wondim/iht.

Could you share some pics of your airlines hostesses and let's have a look? Or, you probably don't have an airline, I am not sure, though.

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 26 Jul 2019, 14:07

The Ethiopian look is just stereotypical promoted mostly during Selassie era!

About 95% of the time Ethiopians and Eritreans I come across in the street mistake me for an Ethiopian and get perplexed when I say that I'm Somali and don't speak Amharic, since they speak to me in Amharic without even checking first. But no Somali mistakes me for an Ethiopian!

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 26 Jul 2019, 14:27

Deleted... .
Last edited by AbyssiniaLady on 26 Jul 2019, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 26 Jul 2019, 14:43

"How do Ethiopians look like?"

Abebe is the epitome of an ETHIOPIAN SPIRIT!

Cigar

Post by Cigar » 26 Jul 2019, 15:01

Defendthelie, I am not angry.
I just stated the fact.
If you gonna tell me the average look of the ethiopians taking the 80% of ethio's population which look like South Sudanese and Kenyans makes Ethiopia as being on top of the beautiful people list, then you really are defendthelie as your nick should have been.
In other words, why is it not that majority looks of the ethiopians be the measuring stick of beauty?
Yes, you should have posted the majority looks of the ethiopians in your post. After all they are too beautiful. But as racist as you are, you put them under the bus and cherry pick the minority's pictures to represent them.
And oh yeah you gonna tel me it is not you article. If you were honest then you should have debunked it rather than making excuse and post it, because it supports your unfounded fallacy.
Yea since Ethiopia was the darling of the west, its was granted with too much bullsh*it fake history.
Case in point.
We were called ethiopians against our will and thus we could be easily made Ethiopia look good just like the Eritrean footballers who won you the 3rd African cup of nations, the only one time ethio 'won' it in the African cup of nations '500' years history as well as the Eritrean cyclists who were representing Ethiopia in the Olympics and other venues and the Eritrean pilots and hostesses who were dominating your airline industry.